"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Silversahde0 said:

What should I do with extra characters? Or is it totally personal preference? I've mostly been sending them off, especially if I have a 4* version of them.

Today I summoned 2 more 5* Marths in addition to the one I summoned yesterday. So I don't know if I should merge them, keep them, or send them off.

Thanks in advance!

If you don't plan/need to use any of them, I would recommend to send some of them at home, so that you can geta good quantity of feathers and be later able of promoting any possible 3* unit you are using.

Regarding Marth, I'd say  to keep both of them, so that if the first one gets RNG screwed, you can replace it with the other Marth.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Pimalai said:

So this means I should level all my characters to level 20 and no more, until I can save 20k feathers? That will take weeks/months.

Can a lvl 20 party hold against the more difficult maps? Any 4★ will fall behind miserably...

You'll want to use some 4* and your 5* past level 20 if you want to attempt the more difficult missions. My team is half 4* and the other half 5*

44 minutes ago, The Malign Knight said:

If you don't plan/need to use any of them, I would recommend to send some of them at home, so that you can geta good quantity of feathers and be later able of promoting any possible 3* unit you are using.

Regarding Marth, I'd say  to keep both of them, so that if the first one gets RNG screwed, you can replace it with the other Marth.

Alright! Thank you so much!

15 hours ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Q2. Is there a benefit to leveling units past level 20 and then upgrading their rarity?

A2. None. Unless growth rates are affected but there's nothing to back that up.

You still get to keep your SP after upgrading, right? I'd guess that for some units (ex. 4* Chrom) that can be beneficial, since I'm assuming Aether costs 500SP and it may be hard for him to get enough SP to unlock all his skills if you upgrade him immediately at level 20.

You have him favourited. Tap the plus near his portrait in the upper left and tap the heart symbol. It's a protection against accidental deletion. By default, all 4+★s are favourited, you can change it in the settings.

For the Healer Spell Panic: "After combat, bonuses on targeted foe become penalties through its next action."

What does that mean?

22 hours ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Q2. Is there a benefit to leveling units past level 20 and then upgrading their rarity?

Does this mean all of your stats reset after upgrading? Do skills reset as well? My 4* Fir is pretty competitive with my 5* Lucina at 20, and I find it hard to believe that she'd maintain all of her stats after upgrading (assuming I ever did that).

6 hours ago, Fly_or_Die said:

You still get to keep your SP after upgrading, right? I'd guess that for some units (ex. 4* Chrom) that can be beneficial, since I'm assuming Aether costs 500SP and it may be hard for him to get enough SP to unlock all his skills if you upgrade him immediately at level 20.

Yes, you keep your SP.

53 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

For the Healer Spell Panic: "After combat, bonuses on targeted foe become penalties through its next action."

What does that mean?

Considering how the reverse abiity of Gunter ( "harsh command") works - it turns all buffs into debuffs. The question is whether it lasts after ending your turn (on enemy phase), but most probably it does. Btw is there "next action" or "next actions"? I've always met the latter one. 

If you want to predict the exact stat change - tap the targeted character, then tap at his stats. You'll see the buffed stats in different color and by tapping them you'll see the exact number (like +3 or +4) by which unit was buffed. So if it was +N it will change to -N after the battle.

Edited by Avestus

4 minutes ago, Avestus said:

Considering how the reverse abiity of Gunter ( "harsh command") works - it turns all buffs into debuffs. The question is whether it lasts after ending your turn (on enemy phase), but most probably it does. Btw is there "next action" or "next actions"? I've always met the latter one. 

If you want to predict the exact stat change - tap the targeted character, then tap at his stats. You'll see the buffed stats in different color and by tapping them you'll see the exact number (like +3 or +4) by which unit was buffed. So if it was +N it will change to -N after the battle.

I see, that seems highly situational and not worth losing the 3 points of Might over Assault.

On 2/4/2017 at 6:56 PM, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Q8. Any other suggestions?

A8. I suggest that first you focus on making a team with 1 member of each color and some balance for taking on enemies. I haven't played with the Colorless units very much and just stuck to having a healer (Clarine) as my colorless fighter. I suggest having 2 units that target DEF and 2 that target RES. Prioritize including 5* heroes on your team even if you have to grind them up to match the level of your current team. Tackle the arena on the last day that you can so that you go in with the best team you can muster for the end of the weak and end up closer to the 3k offense max without spending too many dueling swords. Get the Great Badges for the color of units you wish to promote from 4* to 5* by doing the 6th Stratum or higher (Great Badges don't always drop).

I might need one or more people to help me out on this...

Can we stack dueling sword (from the 3 dueling sword daily) ? Sounds too good to be true

I'm currently in the situation where I have no green unit aside from the starting Anna and I started a summon, but I've got no green circles. I remember reading somewhere on the forum that there was a way to reset which options you have when summoning, but I can't find it. Is it possible or I'm stuck with more Blue and Colorless(all my pulls have been Blue and Colorless except for one Red that luckily yielded a 5* Lucina)

22 hours ago, pianime94 said:

For people whose unit has hit level 40: do you still get SP when you kill enemies? (Just wanna make sure).

Nope, you have to give them SP by feeding them duplicates. That's the only way for now at lvl.40. (My Lucina is 300 short of Aether at lvl.40 ;_;)

22 hours ago, Jeheza said:

How many times castle can be upgraded and how many orbs do the upgrades cost?

5 times, each times it ups the EXP by 20%, so a total of 100%. I'm not sure about the amount of orbs anymore, but from the top of my head:

20% = 1 orb

40% = 2 orbs

60% = 5 orbs

80% = 8 orbs

100% = 10 orbs

28 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I'm currently in the situation where I have no green unit aside from the starting Anna and I started a summon, but I've got no green circles. I remember reading somewhere on the forum that there was a way to reset which options you have when summoning, but I can't find it. Is it possible or I'm stuck with more Blue and Colorless(all my pulls have been Blue and Colorless except for one Red that luckily yielded a 5* Lucina)

After you've paid the 5 orbs? I don't think there's a free way to reset it. If you really only need a green unit, your best bet is to just pick one orb and don't go for the other four and start a new summon by paying another 5 orbs, but losing out on the lesser orb cost bonus from the first one. :(

Edited by Birdy

26 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

The only way to reset your orbs is to summon one orb and then back out.

16 minutes ago, Birdy said:

5 times, each times it ups the EXP by 20%, so a total of 100%. I'm not sure about the amount of orbs anymore, but from the top of my head:

20% = 1 orb

40% = 2 orbs

60% = 4 orbs

80% = 6/7/8 orbs (only one I'm really doubting)

100% = 10 orbs

60% upgrade is 5 orbs and 80% upgrade is 8 orbs, otherwise these are correct.

42 minutes ago, Birdy said:

After you've paid the 5 orbs? I don't think there's a free way to reset it. If you really only need a green unit, your best bet is to just pick one orb and don't go for the other four and start a new summon by paying another 5 orbs, but losing out on the lesser orb cost bonus from the first one. :(

24 minutes ago, Kirie said:

The only way to reset your orbs is to summon one orb and then back out.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll keep on trying!

8 minutes ago, wheelsonfire said:

And does anyone know what the best way to farm Hero Feathers is? I want to promote one of my 3* into 4*, but I don't have very many Feathers...

You can get feathers by playing the arena (season ends today, so if you want to try your luck, now's the time ^^) or by 'sending home' your units. There seems to be no other way yet unfortunuatly.

You also get a few Feathers from greeting your Friends List, but a very minuscule amount. Unless they introduce something more, using the Arena a lot is probably the best way to get the most feathers.

I looked at my Faes poses and her skill activation picture is her using wings.... but then i noticed my fae doesnt HAVE any skill activation abilities... so im wondering.... is that picture and quote going to go unused? or is there another way to activate it during battle?