"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Definitely Gravity!  I'd do Firebalm, but that's just me.  Lissa's job is utility, not damage.

Ahhh that's what I thought, just wanted to check, hehe thanks =w= Current situation calls for her needing to heal + do damage for me but I'l def swap her over soon as I can manage it.

On a side note, it's interesting that the Staffers are the only units with multiple possible builds. Huh. 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so sorry for the double-post... I have another question that's somewhat lengthy so hopefully it's somewhat warranted...

Trying to decide how to spend some feathers and/or orbs and mitigate my possible upgrades VS summons... My main crop of units is spoiler'd below:

Spoiler
  • Marth 5*
  • Tiki (adult) 4* (+1 merged)
  • Robin 3*
  • Cherche 3*
  • Lissa 3* (+1 merged)

^ main candidates | v backups that I don't necessarily plan to use

• Roy 4*
  • Est 4*
  • Caeda 4*
  • Barst 4*
  • Fir 4*
  • Niles 3*
  • Virion / Matthew (default but can bump up to 3* pretty easily)

So part of the dilemma is whether to save feathers to bump Tiki up to 5*; it's tempting since I'm halfway there already but I'm thinking it might be better to spend some to get some of Cherche, Lissa, and/or Robin up to 4*.

Now here's my dilemma. My main goals, however I get there, are 5* Robin and Camilla. Right now I have Robin (3*) and Cherche, who I'm treating as 'good enoughs' for now, but if I roll either of the 5*s I'm wanting, it essentially invalidates any feathers I'd have saved to get them up a rank (at best amounting to some extra SP for a hypothetical 5* Robin, I guess). I think it's also worth noting that Cherche is actually quite good even as a 3*, and consistently does what I need her to do, whereas Robin is consistently pretty lackluster as far as tanking and such goes (not terrible, but not great).

So um... I guess my questions are...

• Robin and Cherche: whether to upgrade or go for a 5* pull (though obviously unreliable), and who to focus upgrades on
  • which summoning focus to use: LH gets all my most-wanted units (Camilla & Robin + Lyn all available as 5*) VS DD (better chance for Lyn and Camilla if I focus my feathers on getting Robin to 5*; also worth noting that if I get a 5* Lyn it will take some pressure off of needing feathers for Tiki in the short term)
Edited by BANRYU

For Arena, it has the special characters to use for more points. How many do you need to put onto a team to get those extra points? I'm thinking of swapping Shareena for my 4* Abel or Shanna. For reference, I also have Camilla and Robin to satisfy at least part of those characters.

I'm F2P so far and don't know if to start using Orbs for castle upgrades or get more summons. I really want only one character out of it (though Takumi and/or a green tome would be nice) but haven't been lucky despite he's one of the 3*/4* characters. Because of the half stamina for training tower, I've been mainly focusing on gathering EXP/Badges and eventually will have enough Orbs for my fourth or fifth pull. I'm stuck since the event for increased pull percentages will be over soon but so will the half stamina. Thoughts?

27 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

For Arena, it has the special characters to use for more points. How many do you need to put onto a team to get those extra points? I'm thinking of swapping Shareena for my 4* Abel or Shanna. For reference, I also have Camilla and Robin to satisfy at least part of those characters.

Somebody (@Birdy?) did calculations and discovered that you get between 2x and 3x points for using one to four special characters, depending on the number of characters used.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Somebody (@Birdy?) did calculations and discovered that you get between 2x and 3x points for using one to four special characters, depending on the number of characters used.

Hmm, I got mine from a post from reddit. It showed pictures of the in-game FAQ and for some reason the german guide had the multiplicatives. They were 2X, 2.3X, 2.6X and 3X for respectively 1, 2, 3 and 4 bonus characters entering the Arena.

2 hours ago, Dual Dragons said:

I'm F2P so far and don't know if to start using Orbs for castle upgrades or get more summons. I really want only one character out of it (though Takumi and/or a green tome would be nice) but haven't been lucky despite he's one of the 3*/4* characters. Because of the half stamina for training tower, I've been mainly focusing on gathering EXP/Badges and eventually will have enough Orbs for my fourth or fifth pull. I'm stuck since the event for increased pull percentages will be over soon but so will the half stamina. Thoughts?

For your first question, see the above quote :p.

For your second, it depends. Personally I'd say always take the castle upgrades whenever you can, because I feel it's really good. With it, you need to grind less and can spend your valuable stamina elsewhere. It's not flashy, but it always gives you something useful, unlike summoning. If you're team is pretty bad, then maybe it warrants a summoning before completing castle upgrades, but the sooner you do the castle upgrades, the better.

4 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Okay so sorry for the double-post... I have another question that's somewhat lengthy so hopefully it's somewhat warranted...

Trying to decide how to spend some feathers and/or orbs and mitigate my possible upgrades VS summons... My main crop of units is spoiler'd below:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Marth 5*
  • Tiki (adult) 4* (+1 merged)
  • Robin 3*
  • Cherche 3*
  • Lissa 3* (+1 merged)

^ main candidates | v backups that I don't necessarily plan to use

• Roy 4*
  • Est 4*
  • Caeda 4*
  • Barst 4*
  • Fir 4*
  • Niles 3*
  • Virion / Matthew (default but can bump up to 3* pretty easily)

So part of the dilemma is whether to save feathers to bump Tiki up to 5*; it's tempting since I'm halfway there already but I'm thinking it might be better to spend some to get some of Cherche, Lissa, and/or Robin up to 4*.

Now here's my dilemma. My main goals, however I get there, are 5* Robin and Camilla. Right now I have Robin (3*) and Cherche, who I'm treating as 'good enoughs' for now, but if I roll either of the 5*s I'm wanting, it essentially invalidates any feathers I'd have saved to get them up a rank (at best amounting to some extra SP for a hypothetical 5* Robin, I guess). I think it's also worth noting that Cherche is actually quite good even as a 3*, and consistently does what I need her to do, whereas Robin is consistently pretty lackluster as far as tanking and such goes (not terrible, but not great).

So um... I guess my questions are...

• Robin and Cherche: whether to upgrade or go for a 5* pull (though obviously unreliable), and who to focus upgrades on
  • which summoning focus to use: LH gets all my most-wanted units (Camilla & Robin + Lyn all available as 5*) VS DD (better chance for Lyn and Camilla if I focus my feathers on getting Robin to 5*; also worth noting that if I get a 5* Lyn it will take some pressure off of needing feathers for Tiki in the short term)

What happened to upgrading your castle, hmm? >.>

If you're gonna roll anyway, you might aswell save your feathers since you might get something you wish. I guess it also depends on what the new banner would bring that's coming the 15th. You might wanna wait a bit till they release some info for that and if there's nothing you really want, spend it on the banner's that are running now (I'd say go for Deep Devotion, you seem to like those more) and if you get nothing useful for that, start spending your feathers if you wish.

Edited by Birdy

15 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Hmm, I got mine from a post from reddit. It showed pictures of the in-game FAQ and for some reason the german guide had the multiplicatives. They were 2X, 2.3X, 2.6X and 3X for respectively 1, 2, 3 and 4 bonus characters entering the Arena.

Yeah, I remember you giving the modifiers but didn't remember where you got them from :D

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, I remember you giving the modifiers but didn't remember where you got them from :D

No problem! I just repeated them here to be clear, because I didn't do the actual calculations myself xD.

I rolled Odin 4*. Currently levelling him with the idea of adding him to my 5* team of Camilla, Kagero and Lucina. 

Was going to get to 20k feathers (currently at 12.5k) and bump him to 5* but I have used him for a while now and am kinda underwhelmed. He is only level 20 though.

Does he get better? I also have Shanna as my other 4* blue option, but pretty unimpressed with her as well. Are either of them a good fit to add to the three listed above, or should I use some Orbs to try and get someone else in there? 

3 minutes ago, Herman Bloom said:

I rolled Odin 4*. Currently levelling him with the idea of adding him to my 5* team of Camilla, Kagero and Lucina. 

Was going to get to 20k feathers (currently at 12.5k) and bump him to 5* but I have used him for a while now and am kinda underwhelmed. He is only level 20 though.

Does he get better? I also have Shanna as my other 4* blue option, but pretty unimpressed with her as well. Are either of them a good fit to add to the three listed above, or should I use some Orbs to try and get someone else in there? 

If I look purely at the tier list, both aren't rated very highly. I haven't actually tried either out myself though, so I can't say. I do hear a lot of people finding Odin underwhelming. I'd still suggest you use him over Shanna though since you lack Magic power in your team. 

1 hour ago, Birdy said:

What happened to upgrading your castle, hmm? >.>

If you're gonna roll anyway, you might aswell save your feathers since you might get something you wish. I guess it also depends on what the new banner would bring that's coming the 15th. You might wanna wait a bit till they release some info for that and if there's nothing you really want, spend it on the banner's that are running now (I'd say go for Deep Devotion, you seem to like those more) and if you get nothing useful for that, start spending your feathers if you wish.

Spoiler

tumblr_ol482zGXaO1shnqb4o1_540.png

boi watchu mean I did it already jeez thanks mon

Guess that makes sense haha. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Uhh so is it a bad idea to auto-level units...? I may or may not have upgraded Cherche to 4* and may or may not have auto-leveled her to 20 using crystals and uhh... she feels significantly less stronk. Did I make a terrible mistake lol?

Edited by BANRYU

6 minutes ago, BANRYU said:
  Hide contents

tumblr_ol482zGXaO1shnqb4o1_540.png

boi watchu mean I did it already jeez thanks mon

Guess that makes sense haha. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Uhh so is it a bad idea to auto-level units...? I may or may not have upgraded Cherche to 4* and may or may not have auto-leveled her to 20 using crystals and uhh... she feels significantly less stronk. Did I make a terrible mistake lol?

Congrats, haha xD. proud of you

Hmm, it shouldn't really matter I think? I've auto-leveled quite some units and some got better level ups than others (Takumi getting +10 or higher on everything but RES), so I think you just need to be lucky. She'll be as strong at 40 as she would have been if you've leveled her up by battleing, so don't worry, she might get some really good level-ups in the next 20 levels =).

Just now, Birdy said:

Congrats, haha xD. proud of you

Hmm, it shouldn't really matter I think? I've auto-leveled quite some units and some got better level ups than others (Takumi getting +10 or higher on everything but RES), so I think you just need to be lucky. She'll be as strong at 40 as she would have been if you've leveled her up by battleing, so don't worry, she might get some really good level-ups in the next 20 levels =).

ahhh okay great! Thanks mommmmm

How does the AI prioritize its moves? I jumped into an Advanced Arena match with 3 5*s and I was scared shitless, but the enemy's four units kept using up rallies and approaching my team at a turtle's pace.

That made it really easy to exploit WTA and snipe the enemy one by one. It seemed rather odd for the AI to value rallies above all else (except for attacking when a unit was in range). Does that always happen?

8 minutes ago, Minischew said:

How does the AI prioritize its moves? I jumped into an Advanced Arena match with 3 5*s and I was scared shitless, but the enemy's four units kept using up rallies and approaching my team at a turtle's pace.

That made it really easy to exploit WTA and snipe the enemy one by one. It seemed rather odd for the AI to value rallies above all else (except for attacking when a unit was in range). Does that always happen?

I don't know about the exact way they prioritize moves, but yes, they seem to rally (if the person who rallies is not in range of attacking itself) if one of their units is capable of attacking one of your units, even if the rally itself is useless. The AI is pretty straightforward and allows for wins even when the enemy has a much, much better team.

They also seem to really like destroying walls or rocks... bunch of vandals

10 minutes ago, Birdy said:

I don't know about the exact way they prioritize moves, but yes, they seem to rally (if the person who rallies is not in range of attacking itself) if one of their units is capable of attacking one of your units, even if the rally itself is useless. The AI is pretty straightforward and allows for wins even when the enemy has a much, much better team.

They also seem to really like destroying walls or rocks... bunch of vandals

I see, thanks! And huh, I should start leaving walls/rocks intact to bait them to use up their turn.

Hello, im a new player and i was doing some rerolls on my emulator... and after a lot of rerolls got this 2 sets http://imgur.com/a/XQeFU ... im was reading a little bit and i know Takumi is a really good pick... but in the other set i got a 5 star Roy and also got a 4 star Now... i think both are good to start but i wanted to someone more experienced to help me on my choice. Thanks for the help

I currently have a 4* lvl25 Serra as the healer for my A team, but I was just up against a lvl23 Lissa and even though her level was lower, all of her stats (apart from attack) seemed to outclass Serra?

Now, I have a 2* lvl1 Lissa I pulled a few days ago but never worked on, so I was wondering if I should switch focus and start levelling her up?

35 minutes ago, Chelone said:

Just rolled 5* Lyn and 5* Takumi on my spare phone, the rest was a bunch of bar 3* though.

Should I start over? this is the main account I would delete: http://imgur.com/a/0NjkV 

You already have a really decent team with people like Chamilla, Lilina and I personally really like Roy, though some people disagree he's good. Takumi's obviously the best, but I wouldn't say that account would be a lot better if those are the only two noteworthy. Maybe you could play on two phones and see who else you can get from earned story orbs before you delete your first account?

27 minutes ago, numbernine said:

I currently have a 4* lvl25 Serra as the healer for my A team, but I was just up against a lvl23 Lissa and even though her level was lower, all of her stats (apart from attack) seemed to outclass Serra?

Now, I have a 2* lvl1 Lissa I pulled a few days ago but never worked on, so I was wondering if I should switch focus and start levelling her up?

You could, I'm not sure about the stats, but I'm looking at the skills right now and I feel like Lissa's are probably better (Rehabilitate especially). The difference between a 4* and a 2* is somewhat big though and I don't think she even has acces to a lot of skills at that star rating. So if you do pick Lissa, you have to spend quite some time (and feathers) on her to get her to the level that your Serra is on currently. I wouldn't, but it's up to you.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

6 hours ago, Birdy said:

For your second, it depends. Personally I'd say always take the castle upgrades whenever you can, because I feel it's really good. With it, you need to grind less and can spend your valuable stamina elsewhere. It's not flashy, but it always gives you something useful, unlike summoning. If you're team is pretty bad, then maybe it warrants a summoning before completing castle upgrades, but the sooner you do the castle upgrades, the better.

Ah, that's cool. Guess I'll keep Shareena around for now.

Having 13 Hard chapter parts and 43 Lunatic chapter parts and needing to do the 5 Orb quest still, I guess I can start affording the smaller castle upgrades. My team and collection are relatively doing well. I would just want the one character out of favoritism, haha.

Thanks for the replies, you two.

15 minutes ago, Big Smoke said:

What is the difference between 5* and 5* Focus? Do they have better stats or abilities? Best I've drawn is 5* Robin

The only difference is that 5* Focus units are more likely to appear than the normal 5* units. Other than that, they are pretty much the same.