"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

10 minutes ago, Sigurd's Silver Sword said:

Which roll is preferable?:

• Marth (4*), Roy (5*), Takumi (5*), Robin (5*), Caeda (5*)
  • Lyn (5*), Hector (5*), Eliwood (3*), Lucina (5*), Jeorge (4*)

Well, those are some interesting rolls...

By default I would say the top one, having four 5* units is pretty useful and you have the current meta-man, Takumi. Robin is pretty powerful while Roy and Caeda are okay. Marth is decent as a 4*.

However, Lyn, Lucina, and Hector on the bottom have a compelling case due to how powerful they are, especially since Hector is a rare sight and can compete against Takumi if we are taking into account tier lists. However, the lower stars of Eliwood and 4* Jeorge make this roll slightly less desirable.

So, here are my opinions.

1. From a gameplay standpoint, I would take the top roll. Roy can tank, Takumi can snipe, Robin can handle grey units, and Caeda can handle armored units.
2. From a Tier List standpoint, I would take the bottom roll. While the 5* rankings on the top are good, at max potential, the bottom list is better than the top one. (SS = Hector = Takumi || S =  Lyn, Lucina = Robin || A = Eliwood, Jeorge = Roy, Marth || B Tier = Caeda)
3. For personal preference, I would probably like the bottom roll. I like Lucina, Hector, and Lyn a bit more than I like Takumi, Robin, and Caeda. (I don't care much for Marth, Roy, Eliwood, and Jeorge.)
4. For the long haul, I advise the top roll since it has an extra 5*. 5* heroes are difficult to get and it takes a really long time to upgrade a 4* hero to a 5* one.
5. Irrelevant, but I just noticed your bottom roll has all 3 Blazing Sword main lords (Lyn, Eliwood, Hector). Congrats!

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some Arena questions, if you have a good source:

Is the matchmaking based off levels, ratings, rarity, win/loss...?

If you use multiple heroes (from the list) do you get a better bonus multiplier?

What's the difference between Beginner, Intermediate, and Hard?

15 minutes ago, vin said:

Some Arena questions, if you have a good source:

Is the matchmaking based off levels, ratings, rarity, win/loss...?

If you use multiple heroes (from the list) do you get a better bonus multiplier?

What's the difference between Beginner, Intermediate, and Hard?

On that second one, I'm fairly sure you get a higher bonus if you use multiple bonus characters. Dunno for certain, but I got higher amounts for my team that had 3 than the one that had 2 (though the 2-bonus team had more success so...), so I think it goes up more with multiple bonus characters. Not sure if it's a multiplier so much as a higher spread for chain bonus points (that's what you're talking about, yeah?), but I'm pretty certain that it increases with more bonus characters.

And that third one, I think Beginner puts you against enemies who are around or a bit below your level, and Intermediate puts you against enemies who are a bit above your level. Haven't touched Hard yet (my team isn't high level yet), so I dunno anything about it.

Dunno what Arena matchmaking is based off of, sorry, but if I had to guess it's about level more than anything.

Also, I have a quick question about summoning:

Is there any way to see which color orbs you'll get to summon from, then back out without losing any orbs?

How bad is Lyn with +Def and -Atk? ~_~

I'm thinking of upgrading Sharena to 5*, but I might want to wait for Ephraim instead. I'm not sure how good 5* Sharena will be, and I don't want to spend 20,000 feathers on a unit I'm not going to use in the end.

3 hours ago, Sire said:

From a Tier List standpoint, I would take the bottom roll. While the 5* rankings on the top are good, at max potential, the bottom list is better than the top one. (SS = Hector = Takumi || S =  Lyn, Lucina = Robin || A = Eliwood, Jeorge = Roy, Marth || B Tier = Caeda)

Did the Tier List update? Last I checked, I remember Lyn and Leo as SS, but now I see Azura there! Which makes me really happy for discarding a Lyn roll for an Azura roll, lolol.

Also, another question: How useful are debuff units (e.g. Kagerou, Saizo, Felicia) for arena battles?

Edited by Minischew
Had another question, but double posting is not allowed.

4 minutes ago, Minischew said:

Did the Tier List update? Last I checked, I remember Lyn and Leo as SS, but now I see Azura there! Which makes me really happy for discarding a Lyn roll for an Azura roll, lolol.

Yes, the Tier List is being updated constantly.

I remember Ryoma and Lyn being SS rank (and recently Adult!Tiki was SS Rank and Arthur was A Rank for some reason), but they are now moved to lower tiers. More importantly though is that the three starter lords got moved up to B (with Sharena being in the upper part of B!), so yeah, there are updates (almost daily).

Edit: I don't know how useful they are for arena battles, but I find Felicia very handy for story mode missions when dealing with magic users and knights. I personally use a healer (Sakura) instead, but once I get my dream team assembled (Ryoma, Takumi, 5* Felicia, 5* Sakura) I could probably provide a better answer then. However, as upgrading units will take ages and I see no Takumi in sight, I don't foresee this happening in the near future...

Edited by Sire

I got a few questions, I did cleared all the chapters, but I did saw that Azura, Jakob, Felicia, Male Corrin, and Female Corrin and those five weren't fought in any of the chapters, but what other characters that weren't fought in any of the chapters besides the five?

And also, did anyone manages to summoned or encountered any Valentia, Judgral, Magvel, and Tellius characters in Heroes, I know that we did saw Ike and Eirika were in the opening and the trailer, but I don't see anyone mentioned about they have encountered Ike, Eirika, and the other Continent Characters that aren't in Archanea, Elibe, Ylisse, and Corrin's continent in Heroes?

Edited by King Marth 64

24 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I got a few questions, I did cleared all the chapters, but I did saw that Azura, Jakob, Felicia, Male Corrin, and Female Corrin and those five weren't fought in any of the chapters, but what other characters that weren't fought in any of the chapters besides the five?

And also, did anyone manages to summoned or encountered any Valentia, Judgral, Magvel, and Tellius characters in Heroes, I know that we did saw Ike and Eirika were in the opening and the trailer, but I don't see anyone mentioned about they have encountered Ike, Eirika, and the other Continent Characters that aren't in Archanea, Elibe, Ylisse, and Corrin's continent in Heroes?

Tellius and Sacred Stones units aren't in the game yet.

Me again!

I am in a bit of a tricky spot wrt XP. I have a team that are 26-28 in terms of level. I have a fully upgraded castle. Finished level 9-3 but can't do 9-4. If I do the Fifth Stratum I get basically no xp. I lose most if not all of my units if I try the Sixth Stratum.

Is there another mode or way to get XP? I seem totally stuck outside of doing the Fifth tower for about 72 hours*

* might be exaggerating. Slightly.

1 hour ago, Herman Bloom said:

Ah ok, maybe I have just been unlucky when I've tried. Gone in another three times and one character has gone up one level, and that's it.

If you're having trouble entering the stratum above where you are currently, try keeping a v-e-e-e-r-y careful eye on the opponents and the leading level the stratum displays. If you're barely getting anything from the fifth stratum, wait until the sixth stratum has either a low-level leader, only three enemies, or a non-varied color unit setup that your own units would do well against. If you can beat it once or twice, your units should start gaining a few levels, and then it starts getting a little easier from there.

Be prepared to do this a lot, by the way. Grinding only becomes a harsher curve as you go along. Always keep a keen eye on the stratums above you, so you can strike when they show weakness and gain some EXP!

14 minutes ago, Herman Bloom said:

Or if it looks unfavourable is my only option to do the Stratum below, to then get new opponents on all levels?

Pretty much this. You can also do other strata with other parties meanwhile. Everybody gets a turn at leveling!

8 minutes ago, normski619 said:

Was lucky to pull a 5* Lyn. Saved up another 20 Orbs and pulled a 5* Jeorge and another 5* Lyn!! Pretty lucky to get 2 5* characters in 1 pull. Any reason to have 2 Lyn's in a party, or should I merge with my original 5* Lyn thats sitting at 31?

I merged my duplicate Lyns. She's not Takumi to run more than one, methinks.

Same with me, my roster is pretty evenly split into red/grey, with very tiny slivers of green and blue sprinkled inbetween.

Anyway, here's my question.
How do I use a Galeforce Lyn? Five actions before activating is damn huge. Usable without a dancer?

Edited by Vaximillian

Hello, I am new to this forum (and new-ish to this series) so forgive me if my question has been asked before:

My bronze 3 star is lvl 21 but is all of a sudden being annihilated in the Fifth Stratum and the new Bonus map for Wyvern General Narcian. Is this because 3 stars are inherently more weak despite level?

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Same with me, my roster is pretty evenly split into red/grey, with very tiny slivers of green and blue sprinkled inbetween.

Anyway, here's my question.
How do I use a Galeforce Lyn? Five actions before activating is damn huge. Usable without a dancer?

Yes, VERY useable with dancer. I believe this is actually why Cordelia was considered SS-rank for a few days.

2 minutes ago, Pumpkinful said:

Hello, I am new to this forum (and new-ish to this series) so forgive me if my question has been asked before:

My bronze 3 star is lvl 21 but is all of a sudden being annihilated in the Fifth Stratum and the new Bonus map for Wyvern General Narcian. Is this because 3 stars are inherently more weak despite level?

They are weaker than their 4 and 5 star counterparts, but I believe it's more that you're running into the more challenging part of the game. The Narcian maps are level 25 and 35, but I can certainly see people with 4 and 5 star units at those maps have a lot of problems. The fifth stratum is also somewhat the point where enemies get quite a bit stronger. 

Just now, Birdy said:

Yes, VERY useable with dancer. I believe this is actually why Cordelia was considered SS-rank for a few days.

They are weaker than their 4 and 5 star counterparts, but I believe it's more that you're running into the more challenging part of the game. The Narcian maps are level 25 and 35, but I can certainly see people with 4 and 5 star units at those maps have a lot of problems. The fifth stratum is also somewhat the point where enemies get quite a bit stronger. 

Thank you. I did notice the level difference, but my question was prompted when my 4 and 5 stars were not having AS much trouble. I will hit the training tower a little harder now.

Just now, Pumpkinful said:

Thank you. I did notice the level difference, but my question was prompted when my 4 and 5 stars were not having AS much trouble. I will hit the training tower a little harder now.

I think the total stats difference between 3 star units and 4 star units is about.. three. It's more about some skills/weapons that you can't have as a three star unit but that you can have as a four star unit that can make a lot of difference. Depending on the skills and unit, it can indeed make quite the difference.

@Birdy >VERY usable with a dancer

So I suppose not so much without one? Because I haven't any.

I'm utterly confused, you see. It looks OP (and definitely is) but with 5 actions to activate it mostly seems to come too late to matter.