"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 hours ago, red-and-soulless said:

I would like to construct an arena team around Odin (because the x2 bonus is quite essential, and my only other bonus character is a 2* Narcian).  Where would you guys suggest I begin based off of my roster (included in Spoilers below)?  Since there are only 6 days left in the season, characters that are already decently leveled would be preferable.

Currently Leveled Units

Reveal hidden contents

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_da.thumb.jpg.55e2d9199624080b23b311720512099d.jpg

Basically Wrys and higher, as Sharena and Cecilia will require some more long term investment to be usable, and the potential of 5* Shanna trumps the slightly better-leveled 4* version.

Level 1 Units with Potential

Reveal hidden contents

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_db.thumb.jpg.4fe5821638b214e51683652a1a3a11a7.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_dc.thumb.jpg.817b191b56edf5f3c9ddb75833ab69b9.jpg

3 star units might be too weak to hoof it in the current meta, but I know some of you (eclipse maybe?) might be interested in them.

Units likely too costly to be made usable atm

Reveal hidden contents

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_dd.thumb.jpg.7b52c58bde357bd7932ccee10560ef0c.jpg

These are mostly feather fodder/skil fodderl/+1 boosts in the making, but who knows, there might be something here.

Maybe Odin Klein Camilla and either math or Tiki? Gives u pretty decent coverage and you can chose to have double magic power with tiki or warp cheese with Marth.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Dual Dragons said:

Cool.

The current bonus characters have Narcian and I'm unfortunately lacking in other bonus characters.

Current team:

- +Atk/-Spd 5* Robin
- +Spd/-Def 5* Marth
- +Res/-Atk 4* Olivia
- neutral Narcian

All Level 40 of their rarities. I'm asking if there's a way to replace Olivia without hampering my team tremendously. She's bringing the score down a bit.

Here's roster pictures:

Hide contents

IMG_2565_zps6zhse1v2.png

IMG_2566_zps9dsdrgxr.png

Rest are 2* and 1* units. I've got all of them (including Hero Battles). From Barst up are all Level 40s. I don't think Shanna will work even for skills since she's +Def/-Atk. My feather count is nearly 20K so I don't mind spending 2K on someone. I plan to do a safety run of the current run, then try any combination someone suggests.

EDIT: I got the final 1K feathers from a quest and now have 20K. Don't know if it's worth to 5* anyone, including Olivia, when it's going to take out pretty much my whole pile of feathers.

I wouldn't freak out too much over stat totals, unless you're on the high-end whaling side.  My last arena team had 1 5*, 2 4*, and 1 3*, and still broke 4K.  That 3* is now a comparably-leveled 4*, and the difference in score I get, per round, is something like 8.

Your best magic user is technically Fae, but her slot is taken by Narcian, which can't be helped.  I think your team will work for now, though if you ever pick up Dire Thunder/Linde, consider kicking Robin.

5 hours ago, red-and-soulless said:

I would like to construct an arena team around Odin (because the x2 bonus is quite essential, and my only other bonus character is a 2* Narcian).  Where would you guys suggest I begin based off of my roster (included in Spoilers below)?  Since there are only 6 days left in the season, characters that are already decently leveled would be preferable.

Currently Leveled Units

Reveal hidden contents

Level 1 Units with Potential

Reveal hidden contents

Units likely too costly to be made usable atm

Reveal hidden contents

Rule number 1 when running Odin: RUN A DANCER.  Both Azura/Olivia have turn boost skills, which is exactly what he needs to shine.  Olviia is preferable, since she's +4 ATK and +4 to -blade MT.  Yes, this will take a couple of days and 2,200 feathers, but it WILL be worth it (we're talking two-shotting Lucina type of "worth it").  He really doesn't work as the only source of magic damage, so you'll want one of Young Tiki or Fae - I run Young Tiki, due to her ability to murder Hector.  However, if you are a Minor God of Positioning and AI Manipulation, Fae will make Odin hit like a truck (+8 MT to his weapon if she attacks, and he's next to her).

The final member depends on which manakete you chose.  if you went with Tiki, go with Camilla or Klein - the former is only if Robin/Linde are giving you trouble.  If you went with Fae, run Marth so that Hector isn't a constant problem.

I run a somewhat similar team (mine's Odin, Young Tiki, Raven, and Olivia), but I wouldn't recommend Raven unless you're as crazy as I am.

What you want to do is get Odin to just below half health (so that he doesn't need to be glued to Olivia), then have him Moonbow everything.

50 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I wouldn't freak out too much over stat totals, unless you're on the high-end whaling side.  My last arena team had 1 5*, 2 4*, and 1 3*, and still broke 4K.  That 3* is now a comparably-leveled 4*, and the difference in score I get, per round, is something like 8.

Your best magic user is technically Fae, but her slot is taken by Narcian, which can't be helped.  I think your team will work for now, though if you ever pick up Dire Thunder/Linde, consider kicking Robin.

But I want the big, big scores all those people have! :(

Jokes aside, yeah. I just wanted to know if there were any improvements to be made. I tried adding Sharena for a match and, while it's doable, it's dependent on the match-up. Narcian is such a dead weight on my team that he costs me death-less matches; but, sadly, I can't do much about that.

Thanks for your input! I'll keep in mind your suggestions for the future. Even with my 60+ Orbs, I don't consider myself lucky for any Dire Thunder/Linde.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Rule number 1 when running Odin: RUN A DANCER.  Both Azura/Olivia have turn boost skills, which is exactly what he needs to shine.  Olviia is preferable, since she's +4 ATK and +4 to -blade MT.  Yes, this will take a couple of days and 2,200 feathers, but it WILL be worth it (we're talking two-shotting Lucina type of "worth it").  He really doesn't work as the only source of magic damage, so you'll want one of Young Tiki or Fae - I run Young Tiki, due to her ability to murder Hector.  However, if you are a Minor God of Positioning and AI Manipulation, Fae will make Odin hit like a truck (+8 MT to his weapon if she attacks, and he's next to her).

The final member depends on which manakete you chose.  if you went with Tiki, go with Camilla or Klein - the former is only if Robin/Linde are giving you trouble.  If you went with Fae, run Marth so that Hector isn't a constant problem.

I run a somewhat similar team (mine's Odin, Young Tiki, Raven, and Olivia), but I wouldn't recommend Raven unless you're as crazy as I am.

What you want to do is get Odin to just below half health (so that he doesn't need to be glued to Olivia), then have him Moonbow everything.

4 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Maybe Odin Klein Camilla and either math or Tiki? Gives u pretty decent coverage and you can chose to have double magic power with tiki or warp cheese with Marth.

Thank you very much for the speedy and insightful responses :)

I'll probably try out Odin/Young Tiki/Olivia/Camilla for now, partly because Young Tiki and Camilla are on my main arena team (hence there'll be a slightly reduced mastery curve), and partly because it'll give me time to train Klein and Fae for future use (Fav's insane boosting sounds like my kinda strat).  Whether or not this team composition will survive past the new set of bonus characters is a little up in the air, but I won't pass up an enjoyable build if that's what this becomes.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

He does not.

Damn, there goes my CUNNING PLAN to use him to complete the armor quest. Thanks anyway!

I would LOVE to know the exact damage-dealing formations of Rising/Growing/Blazing Light/Fire/Wind/Thunder, if anyone knows them. Have yet to find a reliable source of information for this, and knowing it seems pretty important for going up against them. 

On 01.03.2017 at 4:20 PM, BANRYU said:

I would LOVE to know the exact damage-dealing formations of Rising/Growing/Blazing Light/Fire/Wind/Thunder, if anyone knows them.

Well, here are the patterns (O is the primary target, X is a tile damaged):

wSSTLHY.png — Rising Flame (4⋆ Jeorge, Lilina, young Tiki) hits five tiles in a row;

bqFTx27.png — Growing Flame (5⋆ Lilina and young Tiki) hits nine tiles in a double-cross formation;

Kj3WeFm.png — Rising Wind (4⋆ Merric and Hinoka) hits five tiles in a cross formation;

t7QKGha.png — Growing Wind (5⋆ Merric) hits nine tiles in a 3×3 square;

MWadrQg.png — Rising Light (4⋆ Eldigan, Hawkeye, and Leo) hits five tiles in a X-shaped formation;

DTStGDG.png — Growing Light (5⋆ Eldigan and Hawkeye) hits nine tiles arranged diagonally.

IgYYdxW.png — Rising Thunder (4⋆ Reinhardt) hits five tiles in a column.

Blazing variants share patterns with Rising ones, only the resulting damage is multiplied by 1,5.
Those are available to 5⋆ Jeorge (Flame), Hinoka (Wind), Leo (Light), and Reinhardt (Thunder).

Edited by Vaximillian

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, here are the patterns (O is the primary target, X is a tile damaged):

wSSTLHY.png — Rising Flame (4⋆ Jeorge, Lilina, Young Tiki) hits five tiles in a row;

bqFTx27.png — Growing Flame (5⋆ Lilina and Young Tiki) hits nine tiles in a double-cross formation;

Kj3WeFm.png — Rising Wind (4⋆ Merric and Hinoka) hits five tiles in a cross formation;

t7QKGha.png — Growing Wind (5⋆ Merric) hits nine tiles in a 3×3 square;

MWadrQg.png — Rising Light (4⋆ Eldigan, Hawkeye, and Leo) hits five tiles in a X-shaped formation;

DTStGDG.png — Growing Light (5⋆ Eldigan and Hawkeye) hits nine tiles arranged diagonally.

Blazing variants apparently share patterns with Rising ones, only the damage is 50% higher.
Reinhardt has Rising Thunder (at 4⋆) and Blazing Thunder (at 5⋆) and their patterns I do not know yet.

I'm not sure you understand how helpful this is Lol

Edited by Arcanite

Hey guys,

so I'm pretty new to the game and rn deciding between which colorless unit to use.

My team so far is Tharja 5*, Peri 5*, Fae 4*.

Should I go for Jakob 4* for his debuffs and rallies increasing Tharja's damage output or Setsuna 4* for ninjas/bows/fliers and because she's the more likeable character ha? Idk what would fit my team better. Thank you! :)

Edited by hunty

3 hours ago, hunty said:

Hey guys,

so I'm pretty new to the game and rn deciding between which colorless unit to use.

Should I go for Jakob 4* for his debuffs and rallies increasing Tharja's damage output or Setsuna 4* for ninjas/bows/fliers and because she's the more likeable character ha? Idk what would fit my team better. Thank you! :)

If you've got Tharja, you hands-down want someone who can buff her, 100%. 

16 hours ago, hunty said:

Hey guys,

Neither.

If you're careful with your positioning, Fae will cover Tharja's Defense/Resistance, rendering Jakob's Rally Resistance moot (not that he wants to rally, he'd rather paint a target on someone's head).  Ideally, you'd run Olivia, because -blade users REALLY like a +8 attack boost at the start of the turn.  If you insist on colorless, find a better archer than Setsuna - Gordin would fit nicely, since he can tank physical hits and attack twice (just. . .don't leave him in range of magic, he dies to a competent mage/manakete).

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Neither.

If you're careful with your positioning, Fae will cover Tharja's Defense/Resistance, rendering Jakob's Rally Resistance moot (not that he wants to rally, he'd rather paint a target on someone's head).  Ideally, you'd run Olivia, because -blade users REALLY like a +8 attack boost at the start of the turn.  If you insist on colorless, find a better archer than Setsuna - Gordin would fit nicely, since he can tank physical hits and attack twice (just. . .don't leave him in range of magic, he dies to a competent mage/manakete).

Thank you. I don't have a huge pool of units available at the moment so Setsuna and Jakob are kind of my best colorless units at this point in time. I do have Niles but my Peri functions well enough as a mage killer with her high resistance. The Olivia suggestion is interesting though as I do actually have a 3* one with a +Spd nature so it might be worth leveling her up and spending some feathers on her until I pull a better colorless unit.

Edited by hunty

This might be helpful.
Here are the patterns for the area-of-effect special skills (O is the primary target, X is a tile damaged):

wSSTLHY.png — Rising Flame (Jeorge, Lilina, young Tiki, and Berkut) hits five tiles in a row;

bqFTx27.png — Growing Flame (Lilina and young Tiki) hits nine tiles in a horizontal double-cross formation;

Kj3WeFm.png — Rising Wind (Merric, Hinoka, Navarre, and Soren) hits five tiles in a cross formation;

t7QKGha.png — Growing Wind (Merric and Soren) hits nine tiles in a 3×3 square;

MWadrQg.png — Rising Light (Eldigan, Hawkeye, Leo, Xander, and Celica) hits five tiles in a X-shaped formation;

DTStGDG.png — Growing Light (Eldigan and Hawkeye) hits nine tiles in a diamond-shaped formation.

IgYYdxW.png — Rising Thunder (Reinhardt, Ursula, Michalis, and Camus) hits five tiles in a column;

S66gH6k.png — Growing Thunder (Ursula and Camus) hits nine tiles in a vertical elongated cross formation.

Blazing variants share patterns with Rising ones, only the resulting damage is multiplied by 1.5.
Those are available to Jeorge and Berkut (Flame), Hinoka and Navarre (Wind), Leo, Xander, and Celica (Light), and Reinhardt and Michalis (Thunder).

Edited by Vaximillian

19 hours ago, hunty said:

Thank you. I don't have a huge pool of units available at the moment so Setsuna and Jakob are kind of my best colorless units at this point in time. I do have Niles but my Peri functions well enough as a mage killer with her high resistance. The Olivia suggestion is interesting though as I do actually have a 3* one with a +Spd nature so it might be worth leveling her up and spending some feathers on her until I pull a better colorless unit.

Ouch.

For colorless units, the only ones I'd seriously consider running are Takumi, Kagero, and maybe Gordin, though you have a case for Serra.  Jeorge/Klein will also work, but there's better options.  Virion is only if you're as insane as I am - my style of play makes him work, but it's not for every team.  I like Niles more than Setsuna, since he might be able to damage slightly sturdier targets due to his proc.  Most of the dagger users are lackluster, with Matthew being one of the better options for your team (Hone Speed).

I am trying to figure out which unit I should promote to 5* soon.

Spoiler

rest of the units are 1-2* units that I am saving just incase. 

My biggest contenders are currently

4* Kagero +SPD/-HP

4* FCorrin +HP/-RES

3* Nino +ATK/-RES

3* Sharena

The biggest thing I am noticing in arena is that I have no way of safely OHKO Takumi as of now. Unfortunately with the -HP IV, 4* Kagero gets OHKO'd by a neutral Takumi. I have to currently chip him with either Erika or FCorrin (preferably the latter) and then finish him off with either Minerva/Camilla or Kagero.

Another concern is that FCorrin is the only unit on my team providing Magic damage and she more of a tank/debuffer at 35ATK. RNG has granted me only 2 mages, both 3* Ninos and the other mages I have are all from (Grand) Hero Battles.

Edited by ExpendableExtra

41 minutes ago, ExpendableExtra said:

I am trying to figure out which unit I should promote to 5* soon.

Reveal hidden contents

My biggest contenders are currently

4* Kagero +SPD/-HP

4* FCorrin +HP/-RES

3* Nino +ATK/-RES

3* Sharena

The biggest thing I am noticing in arena is that I have no way of safely OHKO Takumi as of now. Unfortunately with the -HP IV, 4* Kagero gets OHKO'd by a neutral Takumi. I have to currently chip him with either Erika or FCorrin (preferably the latter) and then finish him off with either Minerva/Camilla or Kagero.

Another concern is that FCorrin is the only unit on my team providing Magic damage and she more of a tank/debuffer at 35ATK. RNG has granted me only 2 mages, both 3* Ninos and the other mages I have are all from (Grand) Hero Battles.

This depends on what a neutral Atk 5* Kagero can OHKO that a 4* can't.  If she can safely OHKO Takumi, I'd go for her. Otherwise, go with Corrin.

I've been eying my 3* and 4* Ninos in consideration of raising their star rank eventually, but I'm not entirely sure which would work best! One is +Atk/-Spd, and the other is the complete opposite with +Spd/-Atk. Alternatively, since I'm not in any rush, I was considering just waiting until I pulled another at some point but I just wanted to inquire for future reference what I should be looking for in Nino for boon/bane! c:

22 minutes ago, Kaiyumi said:

I've been eying my 3* and 4* Ninos in consideration of raising their star rank eventually, but I'm not entirely sure which would work best! One is +Atk/-Spd, and the other is the complete opposite with +Spd/-Atk. Alternatively, since I'm not in any rush, I was considering just waiting until I pulled another at some point but I just wanted to inquire for future reference what I should be looking for in Nino for boon/bane! c:

Nino's job is to be light and fast, so -Atk/-Spd is not helpful.  She's getting her own focus soon, so I'd hold off until then.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Nino's job is to be light and fast, so -Atk/-Spd is not helpful.  She's getting her own focus soon, so I'd hold off until then.

Good toknow! c: Thank you for the advice!