"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Alright. If you're looking for some hardcore magic skills, adult tiki is useless, sophia is useless, and Nino is someone you might want to look at. Since Marth is kind of a whiff cause of his -Atk what you're really pining for is a strong sword user. While It's really unfortunate that you have a -Atk Marth you can probably keep him on your team. If you don't want to you can also 5 star chrom if Marth isn't doing the business for you although I think it's better for you to just keep Marth or use Eirika as a sub until you get someone better. Off the top of my head, and just skimming through your units it looks like you'll like Olivia, Ephraim, Nino, and (someone red), for a hyper offensive, get ready to die kind of team.

Alright, that helps, thanks. Do you think I should prioritize getting Eirika to 5* first, or Nino? Whoever doesn't get promoted first is going to have to wait a while, and I don't know how big a difference it makes for either of them.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, DraconicFeline said:

Alright, that helps, thanks. Do you think I should prioritize getting Eirika to 5* first, or Nino? Whoever doesn't get promoted first is going to have to wait a while, and I don't know how big a difference it makes for either of them.

Check your other Nino's ivs using the promotion method I mentioned above. And recheck Eirikas ivs, according to ice dragons research you can't have 2+ and 2-

14 minutes ago, DraconicFeline said:
  • Hana: +HP/-Atk
  • Chrom: +Atk/-Def
  • Virion: +Atk/-Spd
  • Gunter: Neutral
  • I don't know the boon/bane of my lv 29 Nino, but I do have another one that's.... +HP/-Atk. Sigh.
  • Similarly, I have a duplicate F!Corrin at lv 1 with +Res/-Spd. Couldn't say about the lv 22 one.

As for the others, I'd have to get them to lv 40 or promote them to find out.

With that spread, it's absolutely vital that you check Nino/F!Corrin's boon/bane via the method @immatx mentioned.  Unless you pulled a miracle on both of them, I see double red in your future.

8 minutes ago, immatx said:

If you go to the promotion screen you can view what their stats would be at the next * rating without actually promoting them. Just make sure to take weapons/skills into account. 

....Whoooa. How did I not figure this out earlier.

Alright then, in that case:

• Nino: +Def/-Res
  • Lilina: +Res/-Spd
  • M!Corrin: +Atk/-Res
  • Other F!Corrin: +Def/-HP
  • Tiki: +Def/-Res
5 minutes ago, immatx said:

Check your other Nino's ivs using the promotion method I mentioned above. And recheck Eirikas ivs, according to ice dragons research you can't have 2+ and 2-

You're right; Eirika has +Spd/-Res. That's weird, I could've sworn she had two boons/banes when I checked her at lv 1 as a 4*.

13 minutes ago, DraconicFeline said:

This is a hard question to answer and I have more to add: Lilliana is a good alternative if you don't want Olivia. Offensive teams don't have too good coverage, and you could use Robin as a takumi/colorless counter but, again, that -Atk is a real pain in the neck. You also don't really have a definitive flier answer and your archers are pretty yuck. Whoever gets promoted really depends on you but I'd go Nino cause most focuses have good power and rating at 4 stars whereas a magic user can do more at 5 stars than at 4. Or if you want the super duper high rating you could go Eirika for that Extra boost and her sieglinde too. 

Edit: +Spd Eirika is amazing btw

Edited by Arcanite

4 minutes ago, DraconicFeline said:

....Whoooa. How did I not figure this out earlier.

Alright then, in that case:

• Nino: +Def/-Res
  • Lilina: +Res/-Spd
  • M!Corrin: +Atk/-Res
  • Other F!Corrin: +Def/-HP
  • Tiki: +Def/-Res

You're right; Eirika has +Spd/-Res. That's weird, I could've sworn she had two boons/banes when I checked her at lv 1 as a 4*.

I would definitely promote eirika, the others im not so sure about, as I don't have most of those units

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

This is a hard question to answer and I have more to add: Lilliana is a good alternative if you don't want Olivia. Offensive teams don't have too good coverage, and you could use Robin as a takumi/colorless counter but, again, that -Atk is a real pain in the neck. You also don't really have a definitive flier answer and your archers are pretty yuck. Whoever gets promoted really depends on you but I'd go Nino cause most focuses have good power and rating at 4 stars whereas a magic user can do more at 5 stars than at 4. Or if you want the super duper high rating you could go Eirika for that Extra boost and her sieglinde too.

Yeah, I'm pretty heartbroken about Robin since I already dumped 2k feathers into him from 3* to 4*, and spent all that time leveling him, and he can barely hold his own against the units he's supposed to counter. Ah well.

You're definitely right about fliers; I have a lot of trouble dealing with them. And my current archer options suck. My only real solution for that right now is to have Ephraim face-tank them (which actually works a lot of the time, provided Lissa is in a safe spot to heal him). But if I'm ditching my healer then I definitely need a better option.

6 minutes ago, immatx said:

I would definitely promote eirika, the others im not so sure about, as I don't have most of those units

That's fair. I think I'm definitely leaning towards promoting either Eirika or Nino at this point. Eirika has a much better boon/bane (actually got lucky with her for once), but Nino would probably benefit from the rank boost overall... I'll probably just end up bumping her to 4* first and comparing the two to see who needs it more.

15 minutes ago, DraconicFeline said:

Yeah, I'm pretty heartbroken about Robin since I already dumped 2k feathers into him from 3* to 4*, and spent all that time leveling him, and he can barely hold his own against the units he's supposed to counter. Ah well.

You're definitely right about fliers; I have a lot of trouble dealing with them. And my current archer options suck. My only real solution for that right now is to have Ephraim face-tank them (which actually works a lot of the time, provided Lissa is in a safe spot to heal him). But if I'm ditching my healer then I definitely need a better option.

Looking at your allies I'd say if a Camilla combined with the right units can probably slay your team as soon as Eirika dies because of savage blow and other rng stuff not going your way. To me a flier answer not named Takumi would have to be someone really fat and strong enough to deal damage back, even if they're doubled. The only person I see like that is oboro which you don't need but I use her a lot. Honestly I think you can skate by on either of the teams I mentioned before.

51 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I haven't used him much so I don't have much of an impression of him. I've finished up most of the main game so for now I'm just going through and promoting/levelling my weaker characters because I don't have much else to do.

I have a 5* Camilla and 4* Cherche and Belka so I don't have much need for another 4* wyvern. Unless he's significantly better than them or something.

Based on these two comments I think I'll be promoting Barst over Bartre...though I'm sure at some point in the future Bartre will get his turn.

Camilla is better than all your other current Axe users, for sure.  Hopefully your Camilla has a better nature than mine.  Barst makes a decent Infantry Axe user, if you are looking to train one.

20 minutes ago, DraconicFeline said:

That's fair. I think I'm definitely leaning towards promoting either Eirika or Nino at this point. Eirika has a much better boon/bane (actually got lucky with her for once), but Nino would probably benefit from the rank boost overall... I'll probably just end up bumping her to 4* first and comparing the two to see who needs it more.

I'd say do eirika to 5* and try to pull a better Nino when her focus comes out. That way u could have a good iv Nino that's +2

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Looking at your allies I'd say if a Camilla combined with the right units can probably slay your team as soon as Eirika dies because of savage blow and other rng stuff not going your way. To me a flier answer not named Takumi would have to be someone really fat and strong enough to deal damage back, even if they're doubled. The only person I see like that is oboro which you don't need but I use her a lot. Honestly I think you can skate by on either of the teams I mentioned before.

Well, I do have Draug... He could certainly deal with Camilla, but I'm less sure about the blue fliers. And he'd probably be too slow to keep up with a heavily offensive team.

I'll probably do some combination of Eirika, Ephraim, Nino, Olivia, and Lilina. I'll see if the dance utility on Olivia is good enough to be worth keeping (man, I wish I had Azura lol).

Thanks for the help!

5 minutes ago, immatx said:

I'd say do eirika to 5* and try to pull a better Nino when her focus comes out. That way u could have a good iv Nino that's +2

Ooh, that's a good point; I forgot about the upcoming Nino focus. ...Come to think of it, it would really suck if I dumped 22k feathers into my current Nino only to pull a 5* one with better stats.

Just now, DraconicFeline said:

Ooh, that's a good point; I forgot about the upcoming Nino focus. ...Come to think of it, it would really suck if I dumped 22k feathers into my current Nino only to pull a 5* one with better stats.

Yea exactly. Azura rocks btw, she was my first 5*. I'd say ur main problem is that you don't really have anyone who can tank hits, so you will definitely need Olivia to let your units do damage and then escape. It would be best if you could pair her with a high damage mage, but yours don't have the best ivs. I think Ephraim Eirika Olivia and a mage would be your best bet at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, DraconicFeline said:

Well, I do have Draug... He could certainly deal with Camilla, but I'm less sure about the blue fliers. And he'd probably be too slow to keep up with a heavily offensive team.

I'll probably do some combination of Eirika, Ephraim, Nino, Olivia, and Lilina. I'll see if the dance utility on Olivia is good enough to be worth keeping (man, I wish I had Azura lol).

Thanks for the help!

2 minutes ago, DraconicFeline said:

I wouldn't bank on getting good IV's on a 5*.  It's more of a bonus.  Thankfully, Nino can come as a 3*, so it's not too rare to get her.  I Pulled a 3* Nino with +Spd,-Def.  I promoted her to 4*, and plan to promote her to 5* eventually.  I hope Nintendo hears our pleas to either drop the promotion cost of Feathers or makes Feathers easier to get.  I've been doing pretty well in Arena, and still only have enough Feathers to promote a single unit to 5*.

9 minutes ago, DraconicFeline said:

Yo don't double post, use the little plus sign next to the Quote button for Multiquote!

I figured something like Eirika, Ephraim, Chrom/Lilina/Olivia, Nino might work, assuming the Nino you're leveling isn't awful.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wouldn't bank on getting good IV's on a 5*.  It's more of a bonus.  Thankfully, Nino can come as a 3*, so it's not too rare to get her.  I Pulled a 3* Nino with +Spd,-Def.  I promoted her to 4*, and plan to promote her to 5* eventually.  I hope Nintendo hears our pleas to either drop the promotion cost of Feathers or makes Feathers easier to get.  I've been doing pretty well in Arena, and still only have enough Feathers to promote a single unit to 5*.

I don't have Nino. ;/

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Yo don't double post, use the little plus sign next to the Quote button for Multiquote!

I figured something like Eirika, Ephraim, Chrom/Lilina/Olivia, Nino might work, assuming the Nino you're leveling isn't awful.

I don't have Nino. ;/

I wish I could give you one of the extras I got.  I've gotten like 5 of her.  I got her on about the first day and used her a lot.  It turned out her Nature was less than ideal, not bad, but I got the aforementioned perfect Natured Nino a few days ago in one of my more recent pulls.  Since Feathers are so rare, I'm being very choosy on who I'm going to promote to 5*.  Strangely, I've had about a half-dozen that I've promoted from 3* to 4*.

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I don't have Nino. ;/

Whoops, my bad, sorry!

Eh, the Nino I'm using right now is very meh IV-wise (and the extra one is garbage). I'll keep training her for the time being but I won't promote her until after her focus is over, to see if I can pull a better one.

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Ugh, we can only hope. I agree, the promotion cost to 5* is far too steep considering their availability. (And don't even get me started on orbs...)

18 minutes ago, immatx said:

Yea exactly. Azura rocks btw, she was my first 5*. I'd say ur main problem is that you don't really have anyone who can tank hits, so you will definitely need Olivia to let your units do damage and then escape. It would be best if you could pair her with a high damage mage, but yours don't have the best ivs. I think Ephraim Eirika Olivia and a mage would be your best bet at the moment. 

Makes sense. Alright, I'll plan on going with that setup for now.

Thanks for all your help, guys!

Does Ward Cavalry apply to the unit with the Skill, or just other Cavalry units on your team?  So, if Olwen equips Ward Cavalry, will she get +4 Def and Res, or just Abel, if he's within the 2 Space range?

The description, if that helps.

Ward Cavalry: Grants cavalry allies within 2 spaces Def/Res +4 during combat.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Does Ward Cavalry apply to the unit with the Skill, or just other Cavalry units on your team?  So, if Olwen equips Ward Cavalry, will she get +4 Def and Res, or just Abel, if he's within the 2 Space range?

The description, if that helps.

Ward Cavalry: Grants cavalry allies within 2 spaces Def/Res +4 during combat.

Just Abel I think. "Allies" rather mean the other units, not herself.

12 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Just Abel I think. "Allies" rather mean the other units, not herself.

Oh well, I guess that makes it like most other skills like that.  I guess I can just keep Spur Res, if I don't have another Cavalry unit.

Is there any way to get enemy teams in the Training Tower to change without spending resources? I'm trying to raise Sheena but I keep getting teams that she has no chance in hell of getting any kills from.

15 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Is there any way to get enemy teams in the Training Tower to change without spending resources? I'm trying to raise Sheena but I keep getting teams that she has no chance in hell of getting any kills from.

Not that I've seen. I don't think it's a big deal to just run the 1 stamina starting stratum to reshuffle the teams though.

43 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I'm not sure how long it takes but if you wait long enough it shuffles on its own.