"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

6 hours ago, Res said:

My main team consists of 5* Abel, Roy and Takumi. (I also have 5* Eldigan and Ephraim at my disposal).

Not sure who to raise to 5* to round out the team. I have 4* m!Robin and 4* Camilla both ready to promote, as well as a few other 4* and 3* characters who might be useful (Nino?). 

Green mage, so Nino.  You're sorely lacking magic damage.

4 hours ago, SaMaster14 said:

Thoughts on Elise vs. Priscilla for 5* staff user to train? I'm leaning towards Priscilla for panic and spur def (vs. Elise's gravity and live to serve). 

It really depends on the rest of your team.

3 hours ago, GravyDonson said:

Who should I unlock potential on?

Screenshot_2017-03-14-20-00-23[1].png

Do a few more pulls before deciding, since you're missing everything but red and physical.

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

To anyones knowledge, is there a way to tell if a 5* focus will end up in (3/4)* nonfocus in the future?  For example, Ephraim did, but Eirika didn't.  I would think that would be because Ephraim is better so they wanted him to stay rare.  However, Reinhardt is now available as a 4* even though Olwen is still 5* only, despite her being worse in every way.

Nope.  But I wish they'd drop some of the 5* down to 4* (Takumi I'm looking at you).

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, PairaDocs said:

Is there any correlation between a characters place in the team's lineup and where that character gets placed on the map in a battle?

Yes. Go across the map grid left to right, top to bottom as if reading. Each time you come across a starting tile, put the next character in your lineup there.

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

To anyones knowledge, is there a way to tell if a 5* focus will end up in (3/4)* nonfocus in the future?  For example, Ephraim did, but Eirika didn't.  I would think that would be because Ephraim is better so they wanted him to stay rare.  However, Reinhardt is now available as a 4* even though Olwen is still 5* only, despite her being worse in every way.

Nope. It's whatever the developers (or the marketing team or whatever) decide on.

So far, excluding the two launch Focus groups, exactly half of the characters in each new character Focus have been made obtainable as a 4-star character, but which characters those are is entirely unpredictable.

Can anyone tell my Reinhardt passive "goad Cavalry doesn't work? - +4atk/spd during combat to calvary units.

I have Eldigan, Gunter and Abel with him. All cavalry units. Yet none of them benefit from +4 ATK when I look at them, any idea's why? Am I doing Something wrong? Thanks...

4 minutes ago, Odinswill said:

Can anyone tell my Reinhardt passive "goad Cavalry doesn't work? - +4atk/spd during combat to calvary units.

I have Eldigan, Gunter and Abel with him. All cavalry units. Yet none of them benefit from +4 ATK when I look at them, any idea's why? Am I doing Something wrong? Thanks...

Its applied in the battle forecast automatically, ontop of whatever Hone buff you have present.

With my current units should I make Robin or Sharena a five star unit? I'm not sure which would be better for who i currently have. Also any possible team ideas? I'll usually use Eirika, Azura, Ephraim, one of my green unit interchangeably and sometimes I'll use Roy instead of Ephraim. Is there a better team with my current units?

Screenshot_20170315-023928.png

1 hour ago, predator_21476 said:

With my current units should I make Robin or Sharena a five star unit? I'm not sure which would be better for who i currently have. Also any possible team ideas? I'll usually use Eirika, Azura, Ephraim, one of my green unit interchangeably and sometimes I'll use Roy instead of Ephraim. Is there a better team with my current units?

Screenshot_20170315-023928.png

Neither.

You already have good blue coverage in the form of Ephraim/Azura, and Azura should be on every map.  Young Tiki/Julia is a very potent magical combo, so Robin would be redundant.  If Klein's bane isn't Atk/Spd, consider him.  Otherwise, Eirika/Tiki/Julia/Azura is a competent team.

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Neither.

You already have good blue coverage in the form of Ephraim/Azura, and Azura should be on every map.  Young Tiki/Julia is a very potent magical combo, so Robin would be redundant.  If Klein's bane isn't Atk/Spd, consider him.  Otherwise, Eirika/Tiki/Julia/Azura is a competent team.

I honestly kinda forgot I had Klein because I only recently pulled him. Upgrading him is not a bad idea because I am lacking in colourless units. 

Edited by predator_21476

2 hours ago, ExpendableExtra said:

Its applied in the battle forecast automatically, ontop of whatever Hone buff you have present.

This is incorrect. I checked before the attack on my heros (individual attack stats), and it is the same on the battle field unless they are close to Gunter who gives that green arrow and writing in blue of the stat increased.

original post : Can anyone tell my Reinhardt passive "goad Cavalry doesn't work? - +4atk/spd during combat to calvary units.

Edited by Odinswill
wanted to include original post to not double post!

Please help! Who is appropriate to unlock potential to be 5* between Sharena or Kagero (+spd -def). My 5* are Ryoma, Corrin(M), Erika, Leo, Eldigan, Takumi, Julia (A lot of red type units.....T-T). I have no high tier Blue unit but I've heard that Kagero is very good, It difficult for me to decide because I love them both, so I ask you guys to help me to pick up for my best team.

@Birdy @Kiran @Ice Dragon Thanks a lot for the answers! I just kept Takumi low level for easier battles because I don't consider myself a great tactician. Will probably do the same when I pull another 5* that isn't too great as a safe bet in case I don't do well in the lvl 40 battles.

Spoiler

m1wSPMNF.jpg

It isn't completely necessary but if you have spare time, would anyone suggest teamcomp tips for the image attached (bane/boons at the end)? I have 26.000 feathers. Right now after realizing the points for stats in Arena I'm using lvl 31 Takumi, Olivia 3* (probably will upgrade her if she has good boon/bane), Eldigan ('cause season hero, otherwise I'd use Tiki) and Camilla. Although it isn't mandatory I lack a good blue unit to make up for the color triangle (but it's important because red lords meta, right?), but I have that 4* Subaki which I  think discovered it was pretty sturdy and helped me against Ursula as a tank. Dunno if it would be worth replacing someone of the team. I'll probably level up Lucina and see what her boon/bane is. Would you recommend swapping out Olivia, or it's usually a good one paired with these aggresive units (I don't have armored ones)?

It was not until recently that I learned about boon/bane so I haven't registered it yet for heroes that aren't level 40 yet, and the ones I have aren't that great, I think: (Roy +ATK/-SPD | Camilla +DEF/-RES | Eldigan +ATK/-SPD | Tiki (Y) +RES/-HP | Tharja +SPD/-HP). I also have a 3* Corrin (F) but I think it's not too relevant.

Edited by Fire Penguin Disco Panda
Image was too large

4 minutes ago, Fire Penguin Disco Panda said:

@Birdy @Kiran @Ice Dragon Thanks a lot for the answers! I just kept Takumi low level for easier battles because I don't consider myself a great tactician. Will probably do the same when I pull another 5* that isn't too great as a safe bet in case I don't do well in the lvl 40 battles.

It isn't completely necessary but if you have spare time, would anyone suggest teamcomp tips for the image attached (bane/boons at the end)? I have 26.000 feathers. Right now after realizing the points for stats in Arena I'm using lvl 31 Takumi, Olivia 3* (probably will upgrade her if she has good boon/bane), Eldigan ('cause season hero, otherwise I'd use Tiki) and Camilla. Although it isn't mandatory I lack a good blue unit to make up for the color triangle (but it's important because red lords meta, right?), but I have that 4* Subaki which I  think discovered it was pretty sturdy and helped me against Ursula as a tank. Dunno if it would be worth replacing someone of the team. I'll probably level up Lucina and see what her boon/bane is. Would you recommend swapping out Olivia, or it's usually a good one paired with these aggresive units (I don't have armored ones)?

It was not until recently that I learned about boon/bane so I haven't registered it yet for heroes that aren't level 40 yet, and the ones I have aren't that great, I think: (Roy +ATK/-SPD | Camilla +DEF/-RES | Eldigan +ATK/-SPD | Tiki (Y) +RES/-HP | Tharja +SPD/-HP)

While a dancer is always useful, if you want to rank high in the Arena, a 3 star Olivia just doesn't give you enough stats to get the most points. If you have the time and recources, you could always level and promote your Shareena, which is quite a good blue user. She's useful against the red lord meta which you mentioned and she can provide buffs to units aswell. I actually think Subaki is underrated aswell, though a lot of people in the Arena seem to have Takumi, which is why fliers are not so sought after right now. You also kinda need  a Magic user. There's Tiki and Tharja, who are good, but both are red, and Lucina is extremely good for the red spot. You can train Ursula perhaps, if you haven't done so already. Though your best bet would probably be someone like Julia or Nino. You don't have Julia, but I can't see with the picture you've provided if you have 4*Nino. 

Advised future team:

Takumi - Strongest Bow user. Close Counter is just too good + he's effective against Fliers.

Lucina - Stats are amazing and she has Falchion, which is one of the best weapons with the restoring health passive and effective agains Manaketes.

Option 1: Shareena - Really good blue unit. Strong against red meta and can buff units. Option 2: Ursula if you don't have another Magic user. Her stats are quite lower though, so you won't get as many points. 

Option 1: Nino - If you have her. Can use the buffs from Lucina and Shareena to get more attack thanks to her weapon. Option 2: Camilla. Pretty solid unit overall, but suffers against Takumi and red sword meta. 

In today's message though, they did say that they're going to change the way you get points from the Arena, so just be on the lookout for that =).

Hey guys, 

Perhaps a sortlike question has been asked earlier, please forgive me for being lazy and not search the whole thread for it :).
I need your advice on the following situation.

I recently pulled a 4 star Fir and I have multiple 3 star Fir's in the barracks.

I see the following possibilities:
- Upgrade the four star Fir when I have enough feathers. I don't have enough feathers atm. The three star Fir's could be sent home to provide additional feathers.

- Keep the four star Fir, upgrade the three star Fir's to four stars and merge them all to one strong four star Fir.

- Insert other possibility.

Can you give advice to what you would do with these Fir's in this situation?

44 minutes ago, Odinswill said:

original post : Can anyone tell my Reinhardt passive "goad Cavalry doesn't work? - +4atk/spd during combat to calvary units.I have Eldigan, Gunter and Abel with him. All cavalry units. Yet none of them benefit from +4 ATK when I look at them, any idea's why? Am I doing Something wrong? Thanks...

This is incorrect. I checked before the attack on my heros (individual attack stats), and it is the same on the battle field unless they are close to Gunter who gives that green arrow and writing in blue of the stat increased.

Would really appreciate some help with this matter, if it's a bug or normal. I can show some screens for proof, but I hope someone will take my word for it and simply explain why

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

Green mage, so Nino.  You're sorely lacking magic damage.

It really depends on the rest of your team.

Do a few more pulls before deciding, since you're missing everything but red and physical.

Nope.  But I wish they'd drop some of the 5* down to 4* (Takumi I'm looking at you).

I wish they'd add some more 3*.  At the rate we're going, there's going to be be far more characters available at only 5* or 4*, with the same handful of 3* showing up over and over.

56 minutes ago, ReaperGuardian said:

Hey guys, 

Perhaps a sortlike question has been asked earlier, please forgive me for being lazy and not search the whole thread for it :).
I need your advice on the following situation.

I recently pulled a 4 star Fir and I have multiple 3 star Fir's in the barracks.

I see the following possibilities:
- Upgrade the four star Fir when I have enough feathers. I don't have enough feathers atm. The three star Fir's could be sent home to provide additional feathers.

- Keep the four star Fir, upgrade the three star Fir's to four stars and merge them all to one strong four star Fir.

- Insert other possibility.

Can you give advice to what you would do with these Fir's in this situation?

Totally up to you. Besides the reasons you mentioned, you could also keep the three star and transfer over her skills to another unit when Inherit Skill gets implemented.

Personally, I wouldn't upgrade and merge them. It costs 2.000 feathers if you want to upgrade a 3* to a 4*. If you decide to upgrade the 4* Fir to a 5* Fir later, you'd lose the +1 and it will cost 19.700 feathers. So you'd be losing 1.700 feathers for nothing, unless the 3* has a better boon/bane =(.

Unless you really need the feathers, I'd advise you to just keep both as they are.

Edited by Birdy

2 hours ago, Odinswill said:

original post : Can anyone tell my Reinhardt passive "goad Cavalry doesn't work? - +4atk/spd during combat to calvary units.

I think you're having a bit of misconception on how goad and ward work. I'll show you mine proof. You see there that Leo is near (within 2 spaces) of Reinhardt and he got his attack boosted by exactly 4. Goad and Ward works as a passive in combat boost. You won't actually able to see the actual stat boost your unit got from Goad and the likes, but it's there.

wsRRFWOl.png

Leo is buffed with Gunter's skill.

dygUtB8l.png

Leo's damage to Ryoma after being buffed by Gunter.

Now we'll put Reinhardt within 2 spaces of Leo. We get:

phOa3Gpl.png

Notice that Leo also receives 4 damage less in that picture. That's because of Eliwood's Ward Cavalry is in effect.

Hope that helps.

P.S: I lost that match.

Edited by pianime94

33 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

What do determine you will get shards or crystal? Today I finished the 10th stratum and got 1000 shards, when I got 1000 crystals instead yesterday.

I think it's random, with the chance to get crystals higher in the highest strata.

35 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

What do determine you will get shards or crystal? Today I finished the 10th stratum and got 1000 shards, when I got 1000 crystals instead yesterday.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I think it's random, with the chance to get crystals higher in the highest strata.

Crystals can only get from the sixth stratum and higher. The higher the stratum, generally the more shards/crystals you get. How many exactly you get and which one you get, shards or crystals, on the sixth stratum and higher is somewhat random I believe indeed.

25 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

I think you're having a bit of misconception on how goad and ward work. I'll show you mine proof. You see there that Leo is near (within 2 spaces) of Reinhardt and he got his attack boosted by exactly 4. Goad and Ward works as a passive in combat boost. You won't actually able to see the actual stat boost your unit got from Goad and the likes, but it's there.

Hide contents

wsRRFWOl.png

Leo is buffed with Gunter's skill.

dygUtB8l.png

Leo's damage to Ryoma after being buffed by Gunter.

Now we'll put Reinhardt within 2 spaces of Leo. We get:

phOa3Gpl.png

Notice that Leo also receives 4 damage less in that picture. That's because of Eliwood's Ward Cavalry is in effect.

Hope that helps.

P.S: I lost that match.

Yes thanks I did not see it this way, I wish it was more visible thanks a bunch!

Looking for some help with team I use Eldigan, Gunter, Abel, Reinhardt. As I don't have much knowledge about all the heros that exist in this game, I am wondering, if there is a better cavalry team than the one I currently have.
I feel, Gunter and Reinhardt are the core with their buffs, and Eldigan seem's stronger than Abel, I'm wondering if there's a better calvary pick that Abel (or Eldigan) that can bring the same but with better passives, or maybe a very strong ranged non color cavalry? I really don't know just guessing... But I would like someone to "aim" for when I use my orbs. Any help is really appreciated.

Your cavalry team is already good, if you ask me. Eldigan is really really strong, and Abel is able to handle Swords very easily, which are the current meta of the Arena.

All colorless cavalries are healers, unfortunately. So they won't do much offensively. Though, they do help your survivability, obviously.

All puns are intended if any.

1 hour ago, Birdy said:

Totally up to you. Besides the reasons you mentioned, you could also keep the three star and transfer over her skills to another unit when Inherit Skill gets implemented.

Personally, I wouldn't upgrade and merge them. It costs 2.000 feathers if you want to upgrade a 3* to a 4*. If you decide to upgrade the 4* Fir to a 5* Fir later, you'd lose the +1 and it will cost 19.700 feathers. So you'd be losing 1.700 feathers for nothing, unless the 3* has a better boon/bane =(.

Unless you really need the feathers, I'd advise you to just keep both as they are.

Thanks for the advice! I'll consider it :)