"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, duh. Effie's a brick wall with a punch of an express train.

And that's the way we like her. Especially when I've got a +ATT Effie. Absolutely evil.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Woops, my bad. Well, there a quite a few maps where you can bait them behind obstacles like walls or forests. It requires some finesse in movement  but being able to catch them by surprise over a mountain or something is valuable.

Yeah, that seems hopeful... the situation that prompted the issue was when the map was such that I had to aggro the bow cav to get the enemy to move. Or possibly end turn over and over to get the Nino to reach me (it's the map with the massive mountain, the 'u' wall, and the one unit that moves regardless I think first appears in a Mystery of the Emblem map).

Helpful mountains, but no way to get him moving into a trap.

...I miss pegasi dominating the terrain.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Does Est have any worth to her? Like, can she be a good unit or can any of her skills be handy on other characters later? I'm not sure I want to use her, her def looks absolutely horrible. The one I pulled has 3 def and she's 4 star...

Um, can someone answer this, please?

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Est is... Complicated. I wouldn't use her, personally, but she has a niche. You can try to buff her attack and turn her into a heavy hitter. But then you might as well have a Minerva.

3 minutes ago, Effies_Home said:

Est is... Complicated. I wouldn't use her, personally, but she has a niche. You can try to buff her attack and turn her into a heavy hitter. But then you might as well have a Minerva.

Yeah, I figured as much. Guess I'll send her home since I don't really care for her skills either.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Neutral Est's stats at 5* level 40:

36/47/29/24/32

She has high Attack but middling speed, with good res. Granted, these are 5* stats, so a 3-4* will be slightly worse. I don't think she covers any roles that your Frederick and Palla don't, so I wouldn't recommend using her.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...I think there was something in the Whitewing discussion, possibly... 

At any rate, I'm not even going to pretend I'm unbiased enough to give you an honest opinion. But Shove is rather situational (even if it is handy when you can use it, it helps me counter archers), the Heavy Spear doesn't particularly help if you bother with mages, Defiant Res isn't as helpful on someone like her, but Seal Spd... Seal Spd could be lovely if you have a surplus you want to pass around.

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

36/47/29/24/32

She has high Attack but middling speed, with good res. Granted, these are 5* stats, so a 3-4* will be slightly worse. I don't think she covers any roles that your Frederick and Palla don't, so I wouldn't recommend using her.

Yeah, my 5 star maxed Frederick has that exact same attack but with more HP and def. Palla has good res and speed. Est wouldn't add anything that they don't already give me, you're right.

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...I think there was something in the Whitewing discussion, possibly... 

At any rate, I'm not even going to pretend I'm unbiased enough to give you an honest opinion. But Shove is rather situational (even if it is handy when you can use it, it helps me counter archers), the Heavy Spear doesn't particularly help if you bother with mages, Defiant Res isn't as helpful on someone like her, but Seal Spd... Seal Spd could be lovely if you have a surplus you want to pass around.

I don't know how much I'd use Shove either, especially since two of my main party have high move already (Freddy and Palla). I also don't know who I'd give it to.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

16 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

36/47/29/24/32

What Korath said is fine, but that 29 speed for a 5* means she's running probably 26 speed on average for a 4*, and she runs the same weapontype that Fred runs (Heavy Spear, anti Armor) along with speed that's alright but probably gets doubled by the scariest of archers.

Her Shove is pretty useful in helping your others get around, especially Palla, who only has 2 move, and any other infantry/2-move units. Defiant Res kinda contradicts the Heavy Spear in terms of effectiveness, but gives her a bit of multipurpose functionality what with her very high natural Res (which since Fred has horrible res, it can help). If anything, I'd say that Est is a fine Anti-Manakete unit who can safely bait and approach most non-green mages, who just needs a different weapon. If you have a spare Jagen at 3*, it'd be totally worth it to pass down their Silver Lance to her.

Edited by Elieson

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

What Korath said is fine, but that 29 speed for a 5* means she's running probably 26 speed on average for a 4*, and she runs the same weapontype that Fred runs (Heavy Spear, anti Armor) along with speed that's alright but probably gets doubled by the scariest of archers.

Her Shove is pretty useful in helping your others get around, especially Palla, who only has 2 move, and any other infantry/2-move units. Defiant Res kinda contradicts the Heavy Spear in terms of effectiveness, but gives her a bit of multipurpose functionality what with her very high natural Res (which since Fred has horrible res, it can help). If anything, I'd say that Est is a fine Anti-Manakete unit who can safely bait and approach most non-green mages, who just needs a different weapon. If you have a spare Jagen at 3*, it'd be totally worth it to pass down their Silver Lance to her.

I've never had a spare Jagen or anything though. And I already sent her home anyway...

Just now, Anacybele said:

I've never had a spare Jagen or anything though. And I already sent her home anyway...

..@Elieson, it helped me anyway. Caeda get's Fir's stuff (I haven't decided when, because she's coming up on the Arena rotation) and Est gets Jagen's (...there's a weird, subversive joy in the act).

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

..@Elieson, it helped me anyway. Caeda get's Fir's stuff (I haven't decided when, because she's coming up on the Arena rotation) and Est gets Jagen's (...there's a weird, subversive joy in the act).

Glad to help!

I have a 5* Lvl 34 Roy with 231 SP to burn. His skills are maxed, so I'm looking for some C-level skills or special skills to inherit. That being said, I wouldn't mind replacing Triangle Adept with something A-level (it's caused more trouble than saved me). Thoughts?

HP: 41

Atk: 42

Spd: 29

Def: 20

Res: 27

Edited by Toogee

I have a question about the Traintower Quest it says " Do the first level of the traintower with alfonse in your team! All 4 must survive" I have tried it but this quest and the other quest with Sherena  and Anna didnt work. Someone help?

4 minutes ago, Xxxxd said:

I have a question about the Traintower Quest it says " Do the first level of the traintower with alfonse in your team! All 4 must survive" I have tried it but this quest and the other quest with Sherena  and Anna didnt work. Someone help?

Are you sure you are actually doing the levels called First Stratum, Second Stratum, Third Stratum?
The first level of the tower is the Starting Stratum, not the First, and so on.

pqeljTEPOa0.jpg

Edited by Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Are you sure you are actually doing the levels called First Stratum, Second Stratum, Third Stratum?
The first level of the tower is the Starting Stratum, not the First, and so on.

You are right thanks a lot.

7 hours ago, peekamoo said:

Hey guys, i rolled an +atk -spd 5* Eirika that puts her on 32 speed at level 40.. i was just wondering if darting blow would be a good skill since she lacks speed to double or armored blow for dueling?

I welcome other suggestions for her "A" slot :)

Thanks in advance! 

Probably. I don't have the info to answer this, I'm just bumping this so someone else can.

Can someone confirm that Brave [Weapon] and Desperation function in a way that effectively ensures 4x hits before the opponent has a chance to counter (assuming HP is proper) on PlayerPhase?

Edited by Elieson

8 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Can someone confirm that Brave [Weapon] and Desperation function in a way that effectively ensures 4x hits before the opponent has a chance to counter (assuming HP is proper) on PlayerPhase?

It does.

Not that it would be a very common situation to begin with though.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

It does.

Not that it would be a very common situation to begin with though.

in a world where Darting Blow exists, I just theorized that someone could throw together a Darting Blow bonus with a Brave weapon to offset the speed drop and bring the total up to +1 over standard base, looking funny on Anna (who'd have 39 speed from -5 and +6 over base 38). That'd quad a hilarious amount of units that aren't running Fury/Spd+3/LifeDeath and I'm tempted to give it a shot in the Arena with Anna next week just to see how effective it turns out to be. 

Would F!Corrin or Nowi work better as a support for a Nino-based team? I'm guessing Corrin, especially since I had my Eirika inherit Rally Defense, but a second opinion is always good to have.

1 minute ago, Midori Mage said:

Would F!Corrin or Nowi work better as a support for a Nino-based team? I'm guessing Corrin, especially since I had my Eirika inherit Rally Defense, but a second opinion is always good to have.

I say F!Corrin. In addition to providing an attack aura, Corrin also debuffs enemies she attacks, giving them -5 Atk/Spd and -7 Res, which indirectly serves to greatly heighten Nino's offense. 

15 minutes ago, Elieson said:

in a world where Darting Blow exists, I just theorized that someone could throw together a Darting Blow bonus with a Brave weapon to offset the speed drop and bring the total up to +1 over standard base, looking funny on Anna (who'd have 39 speed from -5 and +6 over base 38). That'd quad a hilarious amount of units that aren't running Fury/Spd+3/LifeDeath and I'm tempted to give it a shot in the Arena with Anna next week just to see how effective it turns out to be. 

You are a terrible terrible human being.

At least there's no room for distant counter in that setup so it'd be easy to cheese on defense.