"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

I think units with such low speeds can't have it redeemed by such buffs. They would much rather defense/attack buffs to do their job better, which is tanking and one-hit killing certain enemy types. In fringe cases a Spd buff may stop them getting doubled, which could also save lives.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Thing is, like I said, this is a 4 star Marth, so he wouldn't have Falchion right now. That would require 20,000 feathers and 20 red great badges. Which I don't have and I plan to spend my next 20,000 feathers on Sharena.

So between a 4 star Marth and 4 star Roy, who's better is what I'm asking. And this Roy has 3 res, seriously...

For what it's worth, sans Falchion, I find Roy is better than Marth.  Triangle Adept is good for taking out Hector or other Greens you come across.  He'll want to stay away from Blues, but Frederick should help with them, so that synergizes well.

-Spd and no Falchion hurts 4* Marth at Marthing, Neutral 4* Roy can Roy better.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

For what it's worth, sans Falchion, I find Roy is better than Marth.  Triangle Adept is good for taking out Hector or other Greens you come across.  He'll want to stay away from Blues, but Frederick should help with them, so that synergizes well.

Yeah, but I basically have the same scenario with Palla and her Ruby Sword (it has the same effect as Triangle Adept). So how would putting Roy in her place fix that?

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but I basically have the same scenario with Palla and her Ruby Sword (it has the same effect as Triangle Adept). So how would putting Roy in her place fix that?

Roy and Palla are both pretty similar at 4*, but I think Roy outshines her at 5* bc of his weapon. 

At 4* though, Roy still has Threaten Def, which can potentially allow him or other teammates to pick up kills they may have barely missed out on before.

Also Roy isn't weak to archers.

11 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Roy and Palla are both pretty similar at 4*, but I think Roy outshines her at 5* bc of his weapon. 

At 4* though, Roy still has Threaten Def, which can potentially allow him or other teammates to pick up kills they may have barely missed out on before.

Also Roy isn't weak to archers.

Yeah, that's true. But again, he's not 5 star, so anything he does there doesn't matter here.

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They are a bit redundant, but if depending on team composition, Roy not being a Flyer could help a lot.  It's not quite as bad as it was a month ago, but being weak to Archers hurts more than it should.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

They are a bit redundant, but if depending on team composition, Roy not being a Flyer could help a lot.  It's not quite as bad as it was a month ago, but being weak to Archers hurts more than it should.

Yeah, yeah, I know, because Takumi. But I'm also trying to level up male Robin more for that. I was thinking of the next team I try in the arena being Freddy, Sharena, male Robin, and Palla/Roy/Marth.

Edited by Anacybele

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, yeah, I know, because Takumi. But I'm also trying to level up male Robin more for that. I was thinking of the next team I try in the arena being Freddy, Sharena, male Robin, and Palla/Roy/Marth.

That sounds like a pretty solid team. Hopefully you manage to do well with them!

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

That sounds like a pretty solid team. Hopefully you manage to do well with them!

That's good to know, and yeah, hopefully.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's good to know, and yeah, hopefully.

Since you've got 3 Physicals on your team, Roy's Defense debuff will work better than it normally might.

Just have a couple of duplicate units, was wondering if I could get some help ranking them in terms of usefulness?

1. Which Odin is more useful?

a) +HP/-Spd (already lv 30 so have most skills)

or

b) +Res/-HP (have to raise from scratch)?

2. Selena:

a) +Spd/-Def

b) +Atk/-Res

c) +Res/-Spd

d) +Spd/-HP

3. Merrick

a) +Res/-Spd (5 star)

a) +HP/-Res (5 star)

a) +HP/-Spd

Just wanted to know which ones I can be skill fodder for.

45 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

2. Selena:

a) +Spd/-Def

b) +Atk/-Res

c) +Res/-Spd

d) +Spd/-HP

Selena's base Atk is so low that you're almost required to use +Atk for her to have any offensive presence at all. It helps that a +Atk nature for her is +4.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Just have a couple of duplicate units, was wondering if I could get some help ranking them in terms of usefulness?

or

2. Selena:

a) +Spd/-Def

b) +Atk/-Res

c) +Res/-Spd

d) +Spd/-HP

3. Merrick

a) +Res/-Spd (5 star)

a) +HP/-Res (5 star)

a) +HP/-Spd

It should be noted that +ATK/-RES might well be the best possible nature for Selena. 37 HP means that she's 4HKO'd by a Hector with +ATK, even 1 less hp and she's 3HKO'D instead. Moreover, +ATK Lucina with a +3 ATK skill (either fury or +3 ATK) will do 24 damage to a Selena with neutral defense, meaning if you have less than 37 hp, Selena will take too much damage after counter-killing Lucina to kill a Hector.

+ATK nature, Wo Dao, Moonbow, and +3 ATK (preferably not fury, since fury brings Selena into the 3HKO range by Hector again) also 1 rounds all non +Def Hector variants, and 1 rounds non-Swordbreaker Lucina with Swordbreaker. I haven't done the calcs yet for other sword lords, but I'm going to assume Selena destroys all greens (of course) and all red sword lords when countering.

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

or

2. Selena:

a) +Spd/-Def

b) +Atk/-Res

c) +Res/-Spd

d) +Spd/-HP

3. Merrick

a) +Res/-Spd (5 star)

a) +HP/-Res (5 star)

a) +HP/-Spd

Odin - none of them.  He really wants +Atk.  +Spd is also acceptable.

Selena - answered already.

Merric - He absolutely does NOT want -Spd.  +HP/-Res isn't exactly ideal, but it's better than the other two.

Any skill advice for Eldigan? 

I'm currently considering Renewal and/or Noontime to offset the Fury damage and probably Fortify Cavalry from Jagen (planning to use Eldigan in a cavalry team with Reinhardt, Blarblade/Gronnblade Ursula/Cecilia, and Hone Cavalry Frederick), as well as Draw Back just for extra utility. 

I'm also considering a more berserker type build that takes advantage of Fury's self-damage instead via Desperation and Threaten Spd (he's +Spd, so with Hone and Goad Cavalry he reaches 41 Spd, plus Threaten Spd to lower opponents' speed) with Moonbow, focusing on damage instead of sustain. 

Which of the two do you think would work better? I'm also open to alternative skill options or builds.  

(Posted on another thread but came here hoping for more responses)

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Any skill advice for Eldigan? 

I'm currently considering Renewal and/or Noontime to offset the Fury damage and probably Fortify Cavalry from Jagen (planning to use Eldigan in a cavalry team with Reinhardt, Blarblade/Gronnblade Ursula/Cecilia, and Hone Cavalry Frederick), as well as Draw Back just for extra utility. 

I'm also considering a more berserker type build that takes advantage of Fury's self-damage instead via Desperation and Threaten Spd (he's +Spd, so with Hone and Goad Cavalry he reaches 41 Spd, plus Threaten Spd to lower opponents' speed) with Moonbow, focusing on damage instead of sustain. 

Which of the two do you think would work better? I'm also open to alternative skill options or builds.  

(Posted on another thread but came here hoping for more responses)

Once Eldigan enters battle, how many turns do you plan on taking?  Reinhardt is already a nuke, and I'd run Cecilia over Ursula.  If the rest of your team can clean up after Eldigan, and quickly, the berserker build works.  Otherwise, go with the sustain build.  Or, give him Escape Route/Vengeance, so he can teleport and assassinate.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Once Eldigan enters battle, how many turns do you plan on taking?  Reinhardt is already a nuke, and I'd run Cecilia over Ursula.  If the rest of your team can clean up after Eldigan, and quickly, the berserker build works.  Otherwise, go with the sustain build.  Or, give him Escape Route/Vengeance, so he can teleport and assassinate.

Hmm, after thinking on it more, you're right that another nuke is probably unnecessary with Reinhardt and a -blade tome user, so my team honestly could probably use a tank more than a third damage dealer. It just seems a shame since the berserker build looks more fun tbh.

Do you have skill suggestions for the tank/sustain build? Are Renewal and Noontime together overkill? And if so, which would you recommend replacing (and with what)?

Simple question, but does a unit get to both move and attack after they use Escape Route/Wings of Mercy, or just attack? I've never gotten to use it myself, nor seen it used on me yet, so I'm not sure.

13 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Simple question, but does a unit get to both move and attack after they use Escape Route/Wings of Mercy, or just attack? I've never gotten to use it myself, nor seen it used on me yet, so I'm not sure.

Yes, you can take an action after warping. It's pretty broken if used properly.

22 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Hmm, after thinking on it more, you're right that another nuke is probably unnecessary with Reinhardt and a -blade tome user, so my team honestly could probably use a tank more than a third damage dealer. It just seems a shame since the berserker build looks more fun tbh.

Do you have skill suggestions for the tank/sustain build? Are Renewal and Noontime together overkill? And if so, which would you recommend replacing (and with what)?

His special cheesestick reduces cooldowns, which means Noontime should proc every other time he smacks something around.  Give it a whirl with just Noontime, and if he can't heal enough damage, throw in Renewal.  If you want him to be a true tank, replace Fury with one of the stat+ skills, give him Quick Riposte, and watch as Noontime procs a lot more than expected.

30 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Yes, you can take an action after warping. It's pretty broken if used properly.

Nice, I guess I'll keep Wings of Mercy as an idea for my Camilla's B skill when I can actually get somebody to pass it.

I'd like some help to build a team for the next arena season. I have a pretty good team right now of Eirika, Klein, Julia and Sharena; but I won't have a ready to use bonus character for the next one, so I'll probably have to raise Ursula or possibly Anna to have one (not enough characters I'd like on the current banner to make me want to pull again), and I should have just enough feathers to do so (and maybe not enough for Anna since I'd need her up to 4* before). I also haven't started playing with the ability transfer system yet, I feel a bit intimidated by the necessity to sacrifice units.

My current 5* roster:

- Eirika (neutral): I suppose Eirika could use an offensive Special Skill and a better assist than Pivot, but Eirika's already worthwhile for the boosts and able to bait any stray Hector or various other green units, so I'm not sure it's high priority.

- Klein (neutral): Already has a great skillset. Could use a C-Passive Skill boost of any kind to round him up. Important to keep in the team in order to preemptively kill Takumi and various other threats.

- Julia (+Def/-Res): My only 5* Green at this point. Awesome res tank (even with a -res nature) and great nuke. I was thinking a Green Tomebreaker from my Henry 3* could help her against Nino, and any good Assist Skill to round her up.

- Sharena : Sharena's a pretty awesome, solid unit, good at both offense and support, and great to bait red swordspeople. I'm not even sure she needs much more offense. I have only one source for a Sol-tree skill, a Laslow 3*, and am not sure i'd want to spend it on her either. And if I bring in Ursula, I might have to swap her out of the roster in any case.

- Caeda (+Def/-Res): my first 5* pulled. Caeda is decent support but not as good as Eirika, and a decent Res-tank but not as good as Julia, and only so-so as a Peg Knight (although she's surprisingly defensive). She has uses but too rarely to make a good arena unit, even if I give her a good special skill, and I'd need to sacrifice another 5* to give her a better weapon so... yeah.

- Cordelia (+Def/-Speed): Very good unit to take down any of the red lords, as well as any weak defense unit with that brave lance, but as a peg knight she is very vulnerable in the arena to archers. She could use some new Passive B and C Skills (Pass is such crap), and a good Assist, but as a blue unit it's not very likely I put her in the current arena roster, so she's lower priority.

- Adult Tiki (+Speed/-Res): With the amount of Falchion users around, she's rather difficult to use, and also very vulnerable to blue mages. I think she got one shot by Julia once, too with her -Res nature. I could feed her a Lon'qu for Vantage, which synergies well with Defiant Attack and Lightning Breath; or go with a Quick Riposte instead but my only source for it (besides Klein) is a 3*Subaki. OTOH I could wait and see if I pull a Young Tiki who I could feed her skills to...

- Roy (+Res/-HP): My latest pull and I haven't finished training him. Roy seems interesting, he has fairly well rounded stats but a so-so skill set, so could probably enjoy from skill transfer a lot. I could improve his survivability as a tank with Laslow's Noontime (requiring to promote Laslow first) or improve his offense instead with any of the various source of Gleam or Glacier I have around. Likewise, I could trade his A skill slot for a Darting Blow from Florina to focus on more chance to dual attack in player phase, or a more sober +Speed so he also doesn't get double attacked while tanking so much. C-skill could go to some kind of Fortify/Spur, or to a debuff skill to go along with Seal Defense. OTOH do I have room for him in my team? That's really hard to tell.

- Ursula: I rather like her as a unit, she has good offense and speed. I could feed her Odin for a Moobeam and a Bladetome, but since i have only one Odin I'm a bit leery of sacrificing him, and I'm not sure there's a point giving her a 4* Tome if I'm going to put her to 5* anyway. Otherwise I thought of feeding her one of my Est for Shove and Seal Speed to round up her skill set.

The big question is how can I rebuild my team's balance? If I trade Ursula in for Sharena, I'm losing a solid well rounded unit for another nuke. I can't swap Julia for someone else, because the arena will be filled with Ninian as well as the usual Nowi and Corrin next week, and it's not like I have other 5* Green in any case. I can't swap Klein out because I rely on him to slay Takumi (especially if you start encountering Takumi with Vantage soon!), and I'm iffy about trading Eirika out too, because her boosts are pretty useful to make the most of Klein (especially) and Julia too. But if I have Klein, Ursula, Julia, Eirika, my team is too fragile and will have trouble with baiting well.

If I try to train up Anna instead... well Julia's loss would still be felt against Ninian, but at least I'd still have a decent balance of physical/magical and ranged/close unit to play with. Anna's not too good at durability but she has mobility and good offense. But I haven't really thought of how to use her beyond that, I wasn't expecting to look to the possibility of 5* this early.

The rest of my roster:

Screenshot_2017-03-19-12-46-41.thumb.png.67eef6b4fe9b6cf31d0986cc93f43de7.pngScreenshot_2017-03-19-12-46-50.thumb.png.c47ad8e30d3622480d71ea24fea8b39b.pngScreenshot_2017-03-19-12-47-19.thumb.png.a6926ad06ceff80fa90e482460c98700.png

Edited by salinea

12 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Since you've got 3 Physicals on your team, Roy's Defense debuff will work better than it normally might.

Yeah, good point. I like that.

Is there a limit to inheriting skills, outside of using up SP? Like, can I feed a ton of skills to one unit, then get to pick which skills to equip?

(Sorry if this has been answered before ;_;)