"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the Dance/Sing commands decrease your Special skill cooldown when used?

Also, not sure if this is the right thread for this, but would Iceberg/Glacies or Escutcheon/Pavise be better for Ninian?

2 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Do the Dance/Sing commands decrease your Special skill cooldown when used?

Also, not sure if this is the right thread for this, but would Iceberg/Glacies or Escutcheon/Pavise be better for Ninian?

No, they do not.

Honestly, I don't think Escutcheon/Pavise is worth putting on a character with defenses like Ninian's. She shouldn't be in combat too often, and if she is hopefully it's units that don't deal substantial damage to her. Otherwise, she's probably going to be 2HKO by everything, Pavise or not.

7 hours ago, salinea said:

I'd like some help to build a team for the next arena season. I have a pretty good team right now of Eirika, Klein, Julia and Sharena; but I won't have a ready to use bonus character for the next one, so I'll probably have to raise Ursula or possibly Anna to have one (not enough characters I'd like on the current banner to make me want to pull again), and I should have just enough feathers to do so (and maybe not enough for Anna since I'd need her up to 4* before). I also haven't started playing with the ability transfer system yet, I feel a bit intimidated by the necessity to sacrifice units.

My current 5* roster:

- Eirika (neutral): I suppose Eirika could use an offensive Special Skill and a better assist than Pivot, but Eirika's already worthwhile for the boosts and able to bait any stray Hector or various other green units, so I'm not sure it's high priority.

- Klein (neutral): Already has a great skillset. Could use a C-Passive Skill boost of any kind to round him up. Important to keep in the team in order to preemptively kill Takumi and various other threats.

- Julia (+Def/-Res): My only 5* Green at this point. Awesome res tank (even with a -res nature) and great nuke. I was thinking a Green Tomebreaker from my Henry 3* could help her against Nino, and any good Assist Skill to round her up.

- Sharena : Sharena's a pretty awesome, solid unit, good at both offense and support, and great to bait red swordspeople. I'm not even sure she needs much more offense. I have only one source for a Sol-tree skill, a Laslow 3*, and am not sure i'd want to spend it on her either. And if I bring in Ursula, I might have to swap her out of the roster in any case.

- Caeda (+Def/-Res): my first 5* pulled. Caeda is decent support but not as good as Eirika, and a decent Res-tank but not as good as Julia, and only so-so as a Peg Knight (although she's surprisingly defensive). She has uses but too rarely to make a good arena unit, even if I give her a good special skill, and I'd need to sacrifice another 5* to give her a better weapon so... yeah.

- Cordelia (+Def/-Speed): Very good unit to take down any of the red lords, as well as any weak defense unit with that brave lance, but as a peg knight she is very vulnerable in the arena to archers. She could use some new Passive B and C Skills (Pass is such crap), and a good Assist, but as a blue unit it's not very likely I put her in the current arena roster, so she's lower priority.

- Adult Tiki (+Speed/-Res): With the amount of Falchion users around, she's rather difficult to use, and also very vulnerable to blue mages. I think she got one shot by Julia once, too with her -Res nature. I could feed her a Lon'qu for Vantage, which synergies well with Defiant Attack and Lightning Breath; or go with a Quick Riposte instead but my only source for it (besides Klein) is a 3*Subaki. OTOH I could wait and see if I pull a Young Tiki who I could feed her skills to...

- Roy (+Res/-HP): My latest pull and I haven't finished training him. Roy seems interesting, he has fairly well rounded stats but a so-so skill set, so could probably enjoy from skill transfer a lot. I could improve his survivability as a tank with Laslow's Noontime (requiring to promote Laslow first) or improve his offense instead with any of the various source of Gleam or Glacier I have around. Likewise, I could trade his A skill slot for a Darting Blow from Florina to focus on more chance to dual attack in player phase, or a more sober +Speed so he also doesn't get double attacked while tanking so much. C-skill could go to some kind of Fortify/Spur, or to a debuff skill to go along with Seal Defense. OTOH do I have room for him in my team? That's really hard to tell.

- Ursula: I rather like her as a unit, she has good offense and speed. I could feed her Odin for a Moobeam and a Bladetome, but since i have only one Odin I'm a bit leery of sacrificing him, and I'm not sure there's a point giving her a 4* Tome if I'm going to put her to 5* anyway. Otherwise I thought of feeding her one of my Est for Shove and Seal Speed to round up her skill set.

The big question is how can I rebuild my team's balance? If I trade Ursula in for Sharena, I'm losing a solid well rounded unit for another nuke. I can't swap Julia for someone else, because the arena will be filled with Ninian as well as the usual Nowi and Corrin next week, and it's not like I have other 5* Green in any case. I can't swap Klein out because I rely on him to slay Takumi (especially if you start encountering Takumi with Vantage soon!), and I'm iffy about trading Eirika out too, because her boosts are pretty useful to make the most of Klein (especially) and Julia too. But if I have Klein, Ursula, Julia, Eirika, my team is too fragile and will have trouble with baiting well.

If I try to train up Anna instead... well Julia's loss would still be felt against Ninian, but at least I'd still have a decent balance of physical/magical and ranged/close unit to play with. Anna's not too good at durability but she has mobility and good offense. But I haven't really thought of how to use her beyond that, I wasn't expecting to look to the possibility of 5* this early.

The rest of my roster:

*snip*

Your only worthwhile unit to use for bonus is Ursula so a team around her is good. I think something like this would be great:

Ursula Klein Hawkeye Eirika.

To me, hawkeye is pretty much your only ax user (besides sheena maybe). You're only gonna have 2 five stars but everyone has deathblow for some extremely disgusting strats. Not to mention the fact that Eirika buffs speed and attack at the same time! She's a really good unit for that kind of stuff. You can possibly Bring bartre up to 4 stars and give his brash assault to Hawkeye to help with the speed. 

You can do what you want with Ursula's skills cause I'm not too familiar with her.

If you want more force and less 4 star weebs hanging around you can try

Ursula Klein Julia Eirika 

Alrhough, 2 tome users isn't really a good idea (To me). But you still get bonus points and a little more comfort. You can switch out Klein for someone else for a higher base stat total but I'm assuming you're using him as a Takumi answer so choose wisely.

Edited by Arcanite

22 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

5-star Reinhardt does not care about his Spd at all. To give you an idea of just how futile it is to care about his Spd, every A+ or higher character in the game (prior to skill inheritance) double attacks neutral Reinhardt. Even -Spd Effie would double attack neutral Reinhardt if she de-equipped Wary Fighter.

The only A+ or higher character that fails to double attack +Spd Reinhardt is -Spd Effie (if she de-equipped Wary Fighter).

Your [-Spd, +Res] Reinhardt is fine.

22 hours ago, azurrys said:

Just pitching in to say that -Spd isn't actually a bad bane for 5* Reinhardt since he can always double on player phase. The -5 speed from his prof weapon means that he's doubled by pretty much everything anyway, and a speed bane adds a grand total of five units to that list (most of whom he can annihilate on player phase), so there's very little difference between -Spd and neutral. +Spd stops him from being doubled by a fair few characters, but I don't think it's worth the attack loss in your case. +Res is pretty horrible, but if you ever do decide to upgrade one of the two, I'd still recommend the +Res -Spd over the +Spd -Atk.

For your question though, I personally think that 4* Ursula is preferable over 4* Reinhardt. Without his prof weapon to help him double, Reinhardt's main draw of player phase power is pretty much kaput so the cavalry advantage will be much handier.

I should probably clarify that I'm aware that -Spd is a fairly decent bane for Reinhardt (and that particular one is infinitely more useful than the -Atk monstrosity), but the perfectionist in me doesn't see +Res as being a good enough boon to deserve 20k of my precious f2p feathers.  Especially in this case, as I'd be basically investing at least a month's worth of feathers just to be better prepared for a 3 orb quest... Mayhaps if I decide to construct a dedicated cavalry team for arena use, then that Reinhardt might be attractive enough to 5 star.  I will mull over the merits of 4* Ursula vs 4* Reinhardt once I finish up the armor quest, though.

Thank you for your wisdom all the same; although my response above might come across as a little snarky, I do legitimately appreciate all of the help :)

Edited by red-and-soulless

33 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Your only worthwhile unit to use for bonus is Ursula so a team around her is good. I think something like this would be great:

Ursula Klein Hawkeye Eirika.

To me, hawkeye is pretty much your only ax user (besides sheena maybe). You're only gonna have 2 five stars but everyone has deathblow for some extremely disgusting strats. Not to mention the fact that Eirika buffs speed and attack at the same time! She's a really good unit for that kind of stuff. You can possibly Bring bartre up to 4 stars and give his brash assault to Hawkeye to help with the speed. 

You can do what you want with Ursula's skills cause I'm not too familiar with her.

If you want more force and less 4 star weebs hanging around you can try

Ursula Klein Julia Eirika 

Alrhough, 2 tome users isn't really a good idea (To me). But you still get bonus points and a little more comfort. You can switch out Klein for someone else for a higher base stat total but I'm assuming you're using him as a Takumi answer so choose wisely.

Thanks for answering! Hmm I didn't think to try using Hawkeye (didn't think he was good enough for arena play but he does have a high attack), I'll give that team a run. Eirika is pretty awesome at boosting others :)

Yeah I agee with you on Ursula/Klein/Julia/Eirika (or trading off Klein). I might try it still but I expect I'll just struggle too much.

6 minutes ago, salinea said:

Thanks for answering! Hmm I didn't think to try using Hawkeye (didn't think he was good enough for arena play but he does have a high attack), I'll give that team a run. Eirika is pretty awesome at boosting others :)

Yeah I agee with you on Ursula/Klein/Julia/Eirika (or trading off Klein). I might try it still but I expect I'll just struggle too much.

I kind of like the Julia build better.  Hawkeye is a great stand-alone physical nuke, but you already have one of those in Klein.  Julia can also help with dragons, since Ursula's damage isn't quite THAT explosive (she'd need a -blade tome for that).

This means you're a little short on physical defense, so position your units carefully!

Or, you can get Anna up to 4* (in which case she can go in Julia's place), but that's going to take a while!

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I kind of like the Julia build better.  Hawkeye is a great stand-alone physical nuke, but you already have one of those in Klein.  Julia can also help with dragons, since Ursula's damage isn't quite THAT explosive (she'd need a -blade tome for that).

This means you're a little short on physical defense, so position your units carefully!

Or, you can get Anna up to 4* (in which case she can go in Julia's place), but that's going to take a while!

Hmmmm is Anna worth it as a unit? I'm starting to think I just might go that road instead.

2 minutes ago, salinea said:

Hmmmm is Anna worth it as a unit? I'm starting to think I just might go that road instead.

Anna is a myrmidon with an axe.  She's relatively squishy, so if any competent sword gets to her, it's gonna hurt.

However, she's insanely fast (36 Spd at 4*).  She also has Vantage, which should activate after anything hits her once, and anyone unfortunate enough to walk into that will face 38 MT to the face.  Her warping doesn't come into effect until she's 5* (it's on her personal axe).  She's missing an assist and an A skill.  A stat up skill will work decently enough on her.  Life and Death is also an option, if you want her to literally kill everything in two hits.

Assist is up in the air.  Use whatever fits, i guess.

31 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Anna is a myrmidon with an axe.  She's relatively squishy, so if any competent sword gets to her, it's gonna hurt.

However, she's insanely fast (36 Spd at 4*).  She also has Vantage, which should activate after anything hits her once, and anyone unfortunate enough to walk into that will face 38 MT to the face.  Her warping doesn't come into effect until she's 5* (it's on her personal axe).  She's missing an assist and an A skill.  A stat up skill will work decently enough on her.  Life and Death is also an option, if you want her to literally kill everything in two hits.

Assist is up in the air.  Use whatever fits, i guess.

Thanks!

Drowning in indecision *sighs*

This might seem like a dumb question but is Renewal a bad idea for any unit? Besides those that function best at half health for vantage/etc. I've got a ton of Renewals I could put on units that don't have a good 'B' skill but didn't now if there would be any downsides.

Also, do Poison Strike and Savage Blow stack? And is Attack or Speed more beneficial for Olivia?

And do the weapon breaker skills allow for a unit who attacks at full health with a brave weapon to strike 4x or am I misunderstanding how that would work?

Edited by Liliesgrace

In those 4-armor / 4-cavalry / 4-flier quests, do I necessarily *need* four of those units to complete the quest? Is it possible to make do with less, as long as my team is only composed of the outlined type of units? Mostly referring to the current tenth stratum orb quests, because I have like 3 armors and was wondering if I can complete the quest with just them. 

Edited by Ryu Yuki

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

In those 4-armor / 4-cavalry / 4-flier quests, do I necessarily *need* four of those units to complete the quest? Is it possible to make do with less, as long as my team is only composed of the outlined type of units? Mostly referring to the current tenth stratum quests, because I have like 3 armors and was wondering if I can complete the quest with just them. 

Unfortunately, you actually need 4 this time instead of just "an entire team" like with the weapon quests. I wish it were like the weapon quests, but alas.

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

In those 4-armor / 4-cavalry / 4-flier quests, do I necessarily *need* four of those units to complete the quest? Is it possible to make do with less, as long as my team is only composed of the outlined type of units? Mostly referring to the current tenth stratum quests, because I have like 3 armors and was wondering if I can complete the quest with just them. 

The text says you NEED 4. So no you can't do it with 3. Which is why I love this game sooooooooooooooo much! 

31 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

This might seem like a dumb question but is Renewal a bad idea for any unit? Besides those that function best at half health for vantage/etc. I've got a ton of Renewals I could put on units that don't have a good 'B' skill but didn't now if there would be any downsides.

Also, do Poison Strike and Savage Blow stack? And is Attack or Speed more beneficial for Olivia?

And do the weapon breaker skills allow for a unit who attacks at full health with a brave weapon to strike 4x or am I misunderstanding how that would work?

- Renewal is great for units that need to tank hits.  Figure out who absorbs the most damage and has a free B slot.
- I think they should, since they operate on separate targets.
- I think that's how it works.  -breaker allows for a follow-up, and the Brave effect is part of the weapon, not the doubling formula.

15 minutes ago, eclipse said:

- Renewal is great for units that need to tank hits.  Figure out who absorbs the most damage and has a free B slot.
- I think they should, since they operate on separate targets.
- I think that's how it works.  -breaker allows for a follow-up, and the Brave effect is part of the weapon, not the doubling formula.

Thanks so much! I swear, one of these days I'll be able to help answer questions instead of asking them all the time lol.

I've been reading through these forums for a few days trying to get my mind around what to do with skill inheritance. Really wanted to figure this out on my own but, as a F2P player, I don't have a lot of room to experiment and make mistakes with limited feathers and character-fodder. Since there seems to be a real thoughtful and helpful vibe here, I decided to create an account and ask some experts.

This is who I have and what I'm thinking after reading what's worked well for others:

• Lucina 5* (Spd+/Res-) add either Fury3/Renewal2 or Deperation3
  • Takumi 5* (Def+/Res-) add Vantage3 (people seemed to have cooled on Takumi lately, not sure this is as amazing as it once was considered)
  • Olivia 4* (Hp+Atk-) add Ruby Sword and maybe Fury/Renewal to get a little offense out of her. Also have a 3* neutral I can raise if that boon/bane is unworkable.
  • FYI - other 5*'s I could pull into my team include Olwen (Res+/Atk-), Merric (Atk+/HP-) and Marth (Atk+/Def-)

I have a few good 4*s that seem ready to promote to 5* (only have feathers to promote 1):

• Nino 4* (Spd+/Def-): deathblow looks solid but I don't have anyone who could pass it on, so maybe desperation3 (unless I give it to Lucina)
  • Nowi 4* (Spd+/Res-): moonbeam and either quick riposte2 or swordbreaker3
  • Other 4* candidates are RobinM (Spd+/Res-), Reinhardt (Hp+/Spd-), Cecilia (Spd+/Def-) -- some cavalry to work with Olwen and I guess that's a thing right now.  

That's a lot I threw out there. I'd welcome any advice on what upgrades to prioritize and how this might all fit together as a team. 

1 hour ago, fatboyjam said:

I've been reading through these forums for a few days trying to get my mind around what to do with skill inheritance. Really wanted to figure this out on my own but, as a F2P player, I don't have a lot of room to experiment and make mistakes with limited feathers and character-fodder. Since there seems to be a real thoughtful and helpful vibe here, I decided to create an account and ask some experts.

This is who I have and what I'm thinking after reading what's worked well for others:

• Lucina 5* (Spd+/Res-) add either Fury3/Renewal2 or Deperation3
  • Takumi 5* (Def+/Res-) add Vantage3 (people seemed to have cooled on Takumi lately, not sure this is as amazing as it once was considered)
  • Olivia 4* (Hp+Atk-) add Ruby Sword and maybe Fury/Renewal to get a little offense out of her. Also have a 3* neutral I can raise if that boon/bane is unworkable.
  • FYI - other 5*'s I could pull into my team include Olwen (Res+/Atk-), Merric (Atk+/HP-) and Marth (Atk+/Def-)

I have a few good 4*s that seem ready to promote to 5* (only have feathers to promote 1):

• Nino 4* (Spd+/Def-): deathblow looks solid but I don't have anyone who could pass it on, so maybe desperation3 (unless I give it to Lucina)
  • Nowi 4* (Spd+/Res-): moonbeam and either quick riposte2 or swordbreaker3
  • Other 4* candidates are RobinM (Spd+/Res-), Reinhardt (Hp+/Spd-), Cecilia (Spd+/Def-) -- some cavalry to work with Olwen and I guess that's a thing right now.  

That's a lot I threw out there. I'd welcome any advice on what upgrades to prioritize and how this might all fit together as a team. 

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with Olivia's offense.  Her job on my team is to dance, full stop.  And even if I'm not an expert, I like experimenting, so the more the merrier~!

Olwen's boon/bane is unfortunate.  Merric/Marth are workable, so I'd keep 'em around.

For the 4* promotions, Nowi would work best with your main three.  As amusing as Nino is, she wants a team with buffs, and you only have one to give her.  If you really want to give her a better A skill, you can always have fun with Defiant Atk (and have Lucina run Reciprocal Aid to drop Nino's health).  Robin doesn't have the nuke potential of the rest of your team, and Reinhardt a player-phase only kind of guy (in other words, your team would lack defensive power).  For Nowi, I'd give her Swordbreaker, so she can safely kill Falchion users.

The downside is that your team is missing a bonus character.  Ideally, you'd pull Ninian, and call it a day.  Realistically, your team would probably benefit the most from a 4* Anna.

So I got Michalis, and I want to inherit his Iote's shield for Minerva. But she also has Life and Death 3 (A skill that I really like because she can ORKO many units). So I'm kinda conflicted as to which skill to go for. Any idea?

24 minutes ago, Falcom said:

So I got Michalis, and I want to inherit his Iote's shield for Minerva. But she also has Life and Death 3 (A skill that I really like because she can ORKO many units). So I'm kinda conflicted as to which skill to go for. Any idea?

IMO you'll get more mileage out of a unit that can counter Takumi at 2-range, and Minerva can sweep just about anything else relevant with LaD3 > Iote's.

Question about Leo.

As i just managed to pull my first red tome which is Leo (-spd, +def) but i am not sure what is the ideal boon/bane for him.

So i did some calculation, (Neutral Atk) Leo is unable to OHKO the typical threat such as Nino (Neutral) while Leo (+atk ) is able to. 

Since my boon is not +atk, i was wondering if i should focus on his defense to increase his chance of surviving until his special triggers.

So my plan is to give leo the lote's shield skill.

Weapon: Unchanged

Assist: Pivot

Special: Unchanged

A: Lote's Shield

B: Unchanged

C: Unchanged

Side Note: I just wasted 2k feathers to upgrade Michalis to 4* as i don't think i can ever defeat lunatic mode without any long range unit. Was it a bad move to waste the feathers on Michalis? The reason i upgraded him is because of his lote's shield skill. Do you think it is worth the feathers?

Edited by Ewwgene