"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

25 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Okay so. I leveled my 4* Nino up to 40 and now I'm being indecisive about whether I want to 5* her or m!Robin / Kagero. Anyone wanna attempt to talk me back into it lol?

Planned Nino (Spd+/Def-) build: Gronnblade+ | Ardent Sacrifice | Draconic Aura | Life-and-Death 2/3 | Desperation 3 | Hone Attack 3

Planned Robin (Def+/Spd-) build: Blarraven+ | (whatever) | Bonfire | Triangle Adept 3 | Lancebreaker 3 / Swordbreaker 3 / Quick Riposte 2 | Spur Def 3

Planned Kagero (HP+/Def-) build: Poison Dagger+ | Reciprocal Aid | Reprisal | Defiant Atk 3 | Daggerbreaker | (whatever)

Current 5* units: a!Tiki, Marth, Abel, Leo (needless to say I need a 5* green more than I need the others but... favoritism is a bitch haha ;; )

While your team does need a green unit more than 3 reds, you don't seem to have a lot of buffs for Nino. She's still a pretty decent unit even on her own, but she won't really get to shine with your current team comp. Instead, I would personally replace either A!Tiki or Leo. M!Robin with Swordbreaker basically does the same thing as Abel but better, so you could also replace Abel with Robin. That said, with how red-heavy the meta is, there's no harm in having both. Kagero is a great unit, but I'm always hesitant to recommend her because of how much she drags your team's BST rating down. If that's not a concern though, she's also a good pick.

Now, if you wanted me to pick one, I'm going to say M!Robin with Lancebreaker, replacing either Tiki or Leo. Why? Because Nino doesn't particularly shine on your team, but Robin with Lancebreaker would take care of most blue lancers, essentially filling in part of would Nino's role would have been. Abel can be kept to deal with swords since Robin won't have Swordbreaker if you go this route. 

EDIT: @NecroJade I agree with Banryu. I'd go for a tank build since he's -Atk but keep Fury instead of replacing it with another A-slot because the all-around boost helps a lot more than just boosting a single stat (and that stat would receive the same boost as Fury anyways).

Noontime is an amazing special on Eldigan. The healing offsets Fury's self-damage, and because of Eldigan's weapon, the cooldown is basically nonexistent. Plus, even at -Atk, Eldigan's base atk is good enough to get plenty of healing from it.  

I also agree with Quick Riposte and Threaten Atk.

For his assist skill, I'd consider Draw Back if you can get it as it provides amazing utility, and Eldigan can take advantage of it more than many other characters because he has 3 mov. 

tldr - I would go with...

Assist: Draw Back

Special: Noontime

A: Fury

B: Quick Riposte

C: Threaten Atk

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

While your team does need a green unit more than 3 reds, you don't seem to have a lot of buffs for Nino. She's still a pretty decent unit even on her own, but she won't really get to shine with your current team comp. Instead, I would personally replace either A!Tiki or Leo. M!Robin with Swordbreaker basically does the same thing as Abel but better, so you could also replace Abel with Robin. That said, with how red-heavy the meta is, there's no harm in having both. Kagero is a great unit, but I'm always hesitant to recommend her because of how much she drags your team's BST rating down. If that's not a concern though, she's also a good pick.

Now, if you wanted me to pick one, I'm going to say M!Robin with Lancebreaker, replacing either Tiki or Leo. Why? Because Nino doesn't particularly shine on your team, but Robin with Lancebreaker would take care of most blue lancers, essentially filling in part of would Nino's role would have been. Abel can be kept to deal with swords since Robin won't have Swordbreaker if you go this route. 

Oh well it's probably worth noting that I have both Serra and Olivia at 4* who can buff her reasonably well, but yeah, it's true. My main team comp usually consists of Marth, Abel, Kagero, and someone else for filler depending on what I'll be up against (currently it's Ursula but otherwise it alternates between charas like Robin, Nino, Tiki, Olivia, and 4* Cherche). Abel has actually proven to be really reliable so I'm unlikely to replace him. 

But yeah, I realize now that team comp probably would have been more important to bring up then just who I have access to at 5* haha whoops ;;

Yeah unfortunately for Leo I usually don't use him in my team comp all that often; he's coming in handy for the Cavalry training tower challenges, but otherwise doesn't get much use. Too many reds haha ;;

Now the thing with Robin and Lancebreaker is the only LB unit I have to feed to him is Narcian, who I quite dislike and otherwise would have no reservations about getting rid of EXCEPT for the matter of his relative rarity and his current status as one of my only flying units who's level 40 (so he has value for the TT challenge in the short term at least lol... even at 3* he can get kills on lance-users sometimes).

Beyond that, I have no problem getting rid of him. Lancebreaker IS my preferred choice of breaker for Robin, it's worth noting (and also my only feasible option at the moment with who I have lol). If it's inadvisable to get rid of Narcian for any other reason then I might be inclined to wait and just do Nino or Kagero, though (BST doesn't matter to me that much). 

Edited by BANRYU

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Oh well it's probably worth noting that I have both Serra and Olivia at 4* who can buff her reasonably well, but yeah, it's true. My main team comp usually consists of Marth, Abel, Kagero, and someone else for filler depending on what I'll be up against (currently it's Ursula but otherwise it alternates between charas like Robin, Nino, Tiki, Olivia, and 4* Cherche). Abel has actually proven to be really reliable so I'm unlikely to replace him. 

But yeah, I realize now that team comp probably would have been more important to bring up then just who I have access to at 5* haha whoops ;;

Yeah unfortunately for Leo I usually don't use him in my team comp all that often; he's coming in handy for the Cavalry training tower challenges, but otherwise doesn't get much use. Too many reds haha ;;

Now the thing with Robin and Lancebreaker is the only LB unit I have to feed to him is Narcian, who I quite dislike and otherwise would have no reservations about getting rid of EXCEPT for the matter of his relative rarity and his current status as one of my only flying units who's level 40 (so he has value for the TT challenge in the short term at least lol... even at 3* he can get kills on lance-users sometimes).

Beyond that, I have no problem getting rid of him. Lancebreaker IS my preferred choice of breaker for Robin, it's worth noting (and also my only feasible option at the moment with who I have lol). If it's inadvisable to get rid of Narcian for any other reason then I might be inclined to wait and just do Nino or Kagero, though (BST doesn't matter to me that much). 

Yeah I get that. I honestly only put Swordbreaker on Robin because I didn't want to get rid of an exclusive event character like that. Arthur also gets Lancebreaker though, so you could always hold out for him? Until then it's probably best to go with Kagero, especially since it sounds like you currently use her a lot anyways. 

35 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Actually speaking for myself, I might sort of merge those two skillsets... in my highly unprofessional opinion, I like: 

Assist: Swap 
A skill: HP/Atk/Def+ / Fury
B skill: Quick Riposte
C skill: Threaten Atk

^ feel free to get a second opinion though. To me, Threaten Attack, Quick Riposte, and Noontime all seem good for balancing out tanking hits and dealing them back. I think Fury helps with that pretty good. Def get additional input though.

16 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

EDIT: @NecroJade I agree with Banryu. I'd go for a tank build since he's -Atk but keep Fury instead of replacing it with another A-slot because the all-around boost helps a lot more than just boosting a single stat (and that stat would receive the same boost as Fury anyways).

Noontime is an amazing special on Eldigan. The healing offsets Fury's self-damage, and because of Eldigan's weapon, the cooldown is basically nonexistent. Plus, even at -Atk, Eldigan's base atk is good enough to get plenty of healing from it.  

I also agree with Quick Riposte and Threaten Atk.

For his assist skill, I'd consider Draw Back if you can get it as it provides amazing utility, and Eldigan can take advantage of it more than many other characters because he has 3 mov. 

tldr - I would go with...

Assist: Draw Back

A: Fury

B: Quick Riposte

C: Threaten Atk

I actually had been considering Quick Riposte originally, before switching it around. As for fury, I suppose it would be better. I just hate the 6 damage they take. Even with Noontime, I worry that it would end up being his downfall. Not to mention that it still leaves him vulnerable to mages, but I suppose I'll just have to be careful with positioning (which I'm horrid at lol).

Regardless, your guys' input has been very helpful, so thank you!

1 hour ago, NecroJade said:

I have a +Def/-Atk Eldigan that I can't decide what to do with and would like some feedback.

Tank Build
Special: Aegis/Noontime (leaning more towards aegis)
A skill: HP +5/Defense 3/Resistance 3?
B skill: Vantage/Wings of Mercy

Damage Build
Assist: Rally Attack/Defense
Special: Ignis
A skill: Darting/Death Blow
C skill: Threaten Def

I'm kind of leaning towards the tank build, if only because of his nature. Any opinions or additions?

I'd run something like this:

Passive A: Def +3 / Fury 3
Passive B: Quick Riposte
Passive C: Threaten Atk

Noontime and Def +3 keeps Quick Riposte up a bit longer. Threaten Atk goes well with his high Def. Just keep him away from mages and lances.

Fury is an option as long as you have a means to eliminate ranged attackers before they reach him because the self-damage alone will deactivate Quick Riposte 2 after 2 rounds of combat if you can't land Noontime.

3 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

Darting Blow or Death Blow for Hinoka? I have no idea what boon/bane.

If you're keeping her Brave Lance+, I'd go with Death Blow for the (nearly) guaranteed +12 damage.

5 hours ago, pianime94 said:

Well, it's just that Nowi is better than her utility-wise.

5 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'd say they fill different roles. Nowi is more of an offensive unit while F!Corrin supports your team more with Dark Breath (and to a lesser extent Hone Res), setting opponents up for others to get kills. 

Hmmm, that is true. :mellow:

I guess what I'm really trying to say is "Who's a better anti-Takumi?"

Robin's entire design purpose seems to be base on an anti-Takumi to begin with while Kagero is more versatile on who she can beat. I also mention my Robin is already lvl.40 & Kagero is lvl. 29. I don't know if that's relevant but if it is please feel free to tell me so.

1 hour ago, NecroJade said:

I have a +Def/-Atk Eldigan that I can't decide what to do with and would like some feedback.

Tank Build
Special: Aegis/Noontime (leaning more towards aegis)
A skill: HP +5/Defense 3/Resistance 3?
B skill: Vantage/Wings of Mercy

Damage Build
Assist: Rally Attack/Defense
Special: Ignis
A skill: Darting/Death Blow
C skill: Threaten Def

I'm kind of leaning towards the tank build, if only because of his nature. Any opinions or additions?

A cavalry tank, that's not frightening :unsure:

Edited by Zangetsu

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Hmmm, that is true. :mellow:

I guess what I'm really trying to say is "Who's a better anti-Takumi?"

Robin's entire design purpose seems to be base on an anti-Takumi to begin with while Kagero is more versatile on who she can beat. I also mention my Robin is already lvl.40 & Kagero is lvl. 29. I don't know if that's relevant but if it is please feel free to tell me so.

If you have a M!Robin, there's honestly no need at all for another anti-Takumi. The opposing team could literally be 4 Takumis, and all you'd need to do is toss Triangle Adept Robin into the middle for a free win. I don't think he even takes damage unless he's -Def or the Takumi is +Atk (in which case I think he takes, like, 1 damage per hit). 

As a bonus, if you give Robin Swordbreaker or Lancebreaker, he can wipe any swords/lances clean off the map on player phase too. Honestly Robin is one of the characters that I think benefited the most from skill inheritance being added. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

32 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Yeah I get that. I honestly only put Swordbreaker on Robin because I didn't want to get rid of an exclusive event character like that. Arthur also gets Lancebreaker though, so you could always hold out for him? Until then it's probably best to go with Kagero, especially since it sounds like you currently use her a lot anyways. 

Arthur does, but he needs 5* for LB3 =w= which is my only hangup. Narcian can get it at 4*, and I'm not willing to sack Abel for Swordbreaker just yet either. If I happen to roll a 4* Abel I'll definitely go that route but for the time being... yeah... so it's down to Kagero and Nino lol. Robin will be after those two unless I get something he needs sooner...

30 minutes ago, NecroJade said:

I actually had been considering Quick Riposte originally, before switching it around. As for fury, I suppose it would be better. I just hate the 6 damage they take. Even with Noontime, I worry that it would end up being his downfall. Not to mention that it still leaves him vulnerable to mages, but I suppose I'll just have to be careful with positioning (which I'm horrid at lol).

Regardless, your guys' input has been very helpful, so thank you!

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd run something like this:

Passive A: Def +3 / Fury 3
Passive B: Quick Riposte
Passive C: Threaten Atk

Noontime and Def +3 keeps Quick Riposte up a bit longer. Threaten Atk goes well with his high Def. Just keep him away from mages and lances.

Fury is an option as long as you have a means to eliminate ranged attackers before they reach him because the self-damage alone will deactivate Quick Riposte 2 after 2 rounds of combat if you can't land Noontime.

Ice Drago actually brings up a good point... I was thinking that Noontime would be able to compensate for Fury, but having both Fury AND Quick Riposte might end up being a bit counterintuitive, that's true. Noontime + Quick Riposte is definitely a good combo itself since they synergize extremely well, but the damage taken from Fury could very well throw that off. My advice would be to stick with Fury for the time being since he gets it naturally and see how well it works or how much it hinders you before you decide to throw Def+3 on there. Having the leeway to experiment with both is pretty nice IMO haha. 

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

Arthur does, but he needs 5* for LB3 =w= which is my only hangup. Narcian can get it at 4*, and I'm not willing to sack Abel for Swordbreaker just yet either. If I happen to roll a 4* Abel I'll definitely go that route but for the time being... yeah... so it's down to Kagero and Nino lol. Robin will be after those two unless I get something he needs sooner...

Ice Drago actually brings up a good point... I was thinking that Noontime would be able to compensate for Fury, but having both Fury AND Quick Riposte might end up being a bit counterintuitive, that's true. Noontime + Quick Riposte is definitely a good combo itself since they synergize extremely well, but the damage taken from Fury could very well throw that off. My advice would be to stick with Fury for the time being since he gets it naturally and see how well it works or how much it hinders you before you decide to throw Def+3 on there. Having the leeway to experiment with both is pretty nice IMO haha. 

I'm personally not as concerned about not getting the 3rd versions of breakers on backline ranged characters since the only real difference is the HP threshold at which you lose the skill, and if you're positioning right, they shouldn't really be getting hit. If you get an Arthur I'd still say go for it.

Also yeah, I also forgot about Fury and Quick Riposte working against each other. I think the Noontime healing should be sufficient to make up for the Fury damage (it's on a CD of 2 with Eldigan's weapon for godssake it's going to activate literally every round of combat), but if not, then yeah HP +5 or Def +3 may be better. 

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm personally not as concerned about not getting the 3rd versions of breakers on backline ranged characters since the only real difference is the HP threshold at which you lose the skill, and if you're positioning right, they shouldn't really be getting hit. If you get an Arthur I'd still say go for it.

Also yeah, I also forgot about Fury and Quick Riposte working against each other. I think the Noontime healing should be sufficient to make up for the Fury damage (it's on a CD of 2 with Eldigan's weapon for godssake it's going to activate literally every round of combat), but if not, then yeah HP +5 or Def +3 may be better. 

Hmm. I'll consider it if I happen to roll Arthur ~3~

Yeah I think the Fury VS Def+3 debate is best settled by trial-and-error haha. Admittedly I DID forget about Mystletainn's special quickener lol

Errr, is it wrong that I don't want to use the skill inheritance system? Cuz I don't really wanna sacrifice a unit to do so. Not to mention I don't too much about skill inheritance system to begin with. Sorry, should have mentioned that earlier.:unsure: 

I also wanna mention again that my units are 4 stars right now & I'm wondering who would be the best choice between well now Kagero & (M) Robin.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Errr, is it wrong that I don't want to use the skill inheritance system? Cuz I don't really wanna sacrifice a unit to do so. Not to mention I don't too much about skill inheritance system to begin with. Sorry, should have mentioned that earlier.:unsure: 

Perfectly fine and perfectly normal when you don't have too many units to begin with. The April update will make life easier for you, as well, by making it more likely you'll be matched against other vanilla skills teams.

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I also wanna mention again that my units are 4 stars right now & I'm wondering who would be the best choice between well now Kagero & (M) Robin.

Whichever role you need more for your team. Kagero deals effective damage against infantry units and has Warding Blow to make it safer to snipe mages of any color. Robin is a physical tank with weapon triangle advantage against colorless units, allowing him to more easily take hits from and deal damage to swords and bows.

A question...

Here's my Priscilla:

IAF42yj.png

Here's Merric:

lyk1lPK.png

Priscilla has 35 attack, and Merric has 15 resistance, which means she should do 20 damage to him, right?

Then why is she doing half of that???

31Mu03e.png

Olwen doesn't have any skills that bolster ally resistance in combat, and anyways there's no skill that boosts an ally's resistance by a whopping ten points...

I just want to get my Priscilla to 40 but there's some magical nerf that wants her to never damage anyone apparently.

Edit: And it's not just with this situation...her damage is almost halved everywhere else. Do healers seriously get their damage passively debuffed?

Edited by wizzard of soz

9 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

A question...

Here's my Priscilla:

Here's Merric:

Priscilla has 35 attack, and Merric has 15 resistance, which means she should do 20 damage to him, right?

Then why is she doing half of that???Olwen doesn't have any skills that bolster ally resistance in combat, and anyways there's no skill that boosts an ally's resistance by a whopping ten points...

I just want to get my Priscilla to 40 but there's some magical nerf that wants her to never damage anyone apparently.

All staves deal half damage after all other calculations.

I see...thanks. That's so sad, I feel like they need to change something up with healers, either make staves heal more (rehabilitate is good but inconsistent...) or lighten up on the half damage and make it two thirds maybe...healers are in such a bad spot, and it shows because almost no one uses them at higher levels except possibly for bonus points in the arena.

@Ice Dragon Could you not ruin my streak like this? >.>

(Actually, I had 4 damage too little to kill your second Lucina that killed my Linde. Normally I would give up and try again for a high score, but this was a matter of pride >.>)

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Birdy said:

@Ice Dragon Could you not ruin my streak like this? >.>

(Actually, I had 4 damage too little to kill your second Lucina that killed my Linde. Normally I would give up and try again for a high score, but this was a matter of pride >.>)

Holy shit you actually ran into my team. O.O

(Any thoughts on how I could make it more difficult to handle?)

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Holy shit you actually ran into my team. O.O

(Any thoughts on how I could make it more difficult to handle?)

Hmm, there's only so much you can do I guess on defense, but I would say the main thing would be to just equip all the skills. I noticed both Lucina's (And I believe Julia too?) just had their default skills. Anything special you're planning with them? I was also lucky that I had Anna with TA with me to deal with Robin, because that set-up is pretty brutal I must say. 

Just now, Birdy said:

Hmm, there's only so much you can do I guess on defense, but I would say the main thing would be to just equip all the skills. I noticed both Lucina's (And I believe Julia too?) just had their default skills. Anything special you're planning with them? I was also lucky that I had Anna with TA with me to deal with Robin, because that set-up is pretty brutal I must say. 

Yeah, I haven't decided on the Lucinas' or Julia's skills yet.

I really, really want to put Distant Counter on both Lucinas, but I don't have enough Hectors to go around. They're probably both getting Swordbreaker 3, though, because the game seems to think it's funny to keep giving me Abel instead of Ninian. Other than that, I haven't thought about it much. Lucina is one of the few characters I'd actually consider running Fury 3 on due to Falchion's innate Renewal 2.

My Julia's setup is more up in the air. I don't really know what I want her to do yet in terms of arena defense.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, I haven't decided on the Lucinas' or Julia's skills yet.

I really, really want to put Distant Counter on both Lucinas, but I don't have enough Hectors to go around. They're probably both getting Swordbreaker 3, though, because the game seems to think it's funny to keep giving me Abel instead of Ninian. Other than that, I haven't thought about it much. Lucina is one of the few characters I'd actually consider running Fury 3 on due to Falchion's innate Renewal 2.

My Julia's setup is more up in the air. I don't really know what I want her to do yet in terms of arena defense.

Fury 3 is what I use on Lucina (and the Nowi and Linde you saw, which is why it matched me with you...). I was torn between choosing either Swordbreaker or Desperation for her B skill and after quite some contemplating I ended up choosing the latter. If I had the option though, Distant Counter + Vantage could also be good, though I know you're not a fan of Vantage.