"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 hours ago, pianime94 said:

Sharena should be good enough. Though you might as well tag Olivia along if you somehow need her dance utility.

Thanks! Gonna try to have Nino to lv40 and try again. Thanks a lot!

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

I have some questions.

- I have a 4* Robin with +Res/-Spd IVs, and I'm thinking on passing Bonfire to Michalis. Should I keep Robin or pass the skill?

- I'll transfer Blarblade to Ursula, but I currently have 3* and 4* Odins, so I also have access to Moonbow. Should I transfer Moonbow to Ursula? And should I unlock the 4* Odin potential so I can get Blarblade+?

I personally try not to sacrifice characters unless I have a duplicate, but if you don't need Robin, then I don't see why not. Robin's main niches are blue mage and anti-colorless, so I'd make sure you have those covered already (based on your second question, you seem to at least have the first covered). 

Moonbow is a pretty safe choice on just about every character and certainly works better with Ursula than her default skill (especially if she has a -blade tome further increasing the cooldown). As for Blarblade+, I don't personally think it's worth the 20k feather investment as it would only add an extra 4 mt, and -blade users tend to overkill their opponents by more than that anyways, even moreso if you're a horse mage with Hone/Fortify cavalry buffs. 

I would do calcs yourself on important matchups you care about to see if that 4 mt makes the difference on certain key matchups, but for the most part I don't anticipate it to be a problem since -blade mages can easily make up 4 mt with buffs. 

Quick question: Which Cherche is better?

1.) HP boon with Res bane

or

2.) Speed boon with Res bane

I'm planning to give her a Brave Axe in the future so would the extra points in Speed help or is it better to have bulk since she's not the fastest anyway?

I have to raise them from 3 star since all the 4 stars I have don't have really good boon/bane combos..

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Not yet. I'd guess the current arena season has to end first.

Ah thanks! It seemed they changed arena though because I'm no longer matched against +10 mages.

13 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Robin is certainly not as omgwtfbbq amazing as people have made him out to be, but he's still fairly solid. You have a +Atk Robin, which should be able to OHKO neutral Takumi with Triangle Adept, and you can stick a breaker on him (people generally go for Swordbreaker or Lancebreaker) to make up for his speed. From the looks of your team, Camilla deals with lances fine, so I'd recommend Swordbreaker (in which case there is literally not a single sword unit in the game that he does not ORKO, not even a +Res Caeda with Res+3 or Fury 3). 

I think Sharena is a more solid character overall, but from what it looks like, your team is currently in more need of magic damage than another physical unit (though if you had other non-blue mages besides Robin, you could certainly consider replacing Takumi/Camilla and putting in Sharena instead of upgrading Robin). 

I think Corrin is an excellent unit as well, but I personally think your team would benefit more from Robin's range than Corrin's tankiness and debuffs. That said, I will readily admit I'm not confident enough in my knowledge of Robin vs Corrin to give you a more in-depth answer, so I'll let someone else pitch in. 

Sadly the only magic options are Y!Tiki and a 4* Tharja, but that place is already taken by Lucina. There's also that mentioned 4* Corrin (F) and the downgraded Robin (M). It would be cool to have a Nino or something. Edit: well I technically have 4* Ursula too but I don't consider her because I think her stats/utility aren't anything great, correct me if I'm wrong.

There's also the fact that Hinoka can buff +6 ATK/SPD on Camilla, which has 27 SPD and a buff of +6 when attacking with her Brave Axe+, which would end in 39 SPD in the player's turn and 33 every turn she glues to Hinoka. Seems pretty cool but there's something telling me it is not as good as it seems (and the magic user issue would remain, with Takumi and Lucina being the best options I have for their respective positions).

Edited by Fire Penguin Disco Panda

Gaius went from C rank to A rank in the skill inheritance tier list. Does anyone know why? What would be a good build for him? (the wikia has nothing, so it's not like with Cherche or Setsuna where it's obvious what makes them suddenly good)? Not that A is super-good but I'm curious.

7 minutes ago, salinea said:

Gaius went from C rank to A rank in the skill inheritance tier list. Does anyone know why? What would be a good build for him? (the wikia has nothing, so it's not like with Cherche or Setsuna where it's obvious what makes them suddenly good)? Not that A is super-good but I'm curious.

Skill inheritance lets him get rid of his Rogue Dagger, which is probably the worst out of all the others available. His offenses are pretty decent, hitting 39 Spd at +Spd while carrying a decent base attack. Silver gives him +3 Mt and a heavy debuff to a single target, but Smoke is preffered due to the AOE and still having two more Mt over Rogue. The poison dagger niche still belongs to Kagero due to her having the most attack out of the rest of the dagger pool but Gaius is decent in his own right now.

Edited by MrSmokestack

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Quick question: Which Cherche is better?

1.) HP boon with Res bane

or

2.) Speed boon with Res bane

I'm planning to give her a Brave Axe in the future so would the extra points in Speed help or is it better to have bulk since she's not the fastest anyway?

I have to raise them from 3 star since all the 4 stars I have don't have really good boon/bane combos..

You really want an attack boon if you're going for Brave Axe Cherche. The speed boon one isn't going to be super useful because after the Brave Axe she'll just have 23 speed at 5 stars. 

It took until my 4th Cherche to get a nice +Atk -Res one to raise to 5 stars, so it might be best to be patient. 

25 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Skill inheritance lets him get rid of his Rogue Dagger, which is probably the worst out of all the others available. His offenses are pretty decent, hitting 39 Spd at +Spd while carrying a decent base attack. Silver gives him +3 Mt and a heavy debuff to a single target, but Smoke is preffered due to the AOE and still having two more Mt over Rogue. The poison dagger niche still belongs to Kagero due to her having the most attack out of the rest of the dagger pool but Gaius is decent in his own right now.

Thanks!

Anything on passive skills?

27 minutes ago, salinea said:

Thanks!

Anything on passive skills?

Not entirely sure, but the default Defiant Attack and Pass are pretty poor due to his low durability. In terms of raw attacking stats, he ties with Saizo (32) and loses out to Kagero (38), so I presume going all out and minmaxing his attack and speed, assuming +Spd -HP, with Life and Death 3 and a Silver Dagger. That puts him at 44 / 44 offenses, which is fantastic for a debuffing unit.

Outside of Swordbreaker for a potential B passive I'm at a loss for what else can work on him. Posion Strike is ill-advised since your target should go down in one round anyway, but Savage Blow can work along with the usual suspects, Threaten Def / Spd, Hone / Spur Atk / Spd for his C slot. Rally Speed is a good default assist but you may want to switch it depending on the rest of your team.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Not entirely sure, but the default Defiant Attack and Pass are pretty poor due to his low durability. In terms of raw attacking stats, he ties with Saizo (32) and loses out to Kagero. I presume going all out and minmaxing his attack and speed, assuming +Spd -HP, with Life and Death 3 and a Silver Dagger. That puts him at 44 / 44 offenses, which is fantastic for a debuffing unit.

Outside of Swordbreaker for a potential B passive I'm at a loss for what else can work on him. Posion Strike is ill-advised since your target should go down in one round anyway, but Savage Blow can work along with the usual suspects, Threaten Def / Spd, Hone / Spur Atk / Spd for his C slot. Rally Speed is a good default assist but you may want to switch it depending on the rest of your team.

Cool! thanks :)

I noticed that the max total size for files decreases every time I upload pics to illustrate my posts.

Q1: Is this a per-user quota ?

Q2: Will it reset after a set amount of time ?

Q3: Will the max total size increase again if I replace already uploaded pics with smaller versions ?

I apologize if the above is off-topic. I couldn't find any info in the guidelines, and I couldn't find a FAQ section specifically dedicated to the forum itself.

4 minutes ago, Rashyboy05 said:

Does Death Blow and Darting Blow stack with Durandal and Yato? Thinking of slapping those skills on my Eliwood and MCorrin respectively.

They do stack.

1 hour ago, chirp said:

I noticed that the max total size for files decreases every time I upload pics to illustrate my posts.

Q1: Is this a per-user quota ?

Q2: Will it reset after a set amount of time ?

Q3: Will the max total size increase again if I replace already uploaded pics with smaller versions ?

I apologize if the above is off-topic. I couldn't find any info in the guidelines, and I couldn't find a FAQ section specifically dedicated to the forum itself.

You have a set amount of space for uploads.  After that, no more.  Use an external image hosting site to get around this.

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I think Gaius is one of the three non-Kagero people that can pull Poison Dagger+ and be decent at it (the other two being Jakob and Saizo). However, the conditions are pretty stiff:

- Must have a +Atk boon
- Must inherit Poison Dagger+
- Life and Death in the A slot

That'll bump his Atk up to 42 before buffs, which is one off of vanilla +Atk Kagero.  But if you're donating a Poison Dagger+, you'd probably want to slap Life and Death on Kagero anyway. :P:

Edited by eclipse

Sup guys -- got some more boon/bane questions for y'all.

• Sully: +Atk/-Spd
  • Palla: +Res/-Atk
  • Fae: +Res/-HP
  • Maria: +HP/-Atk
  • Lilina: +Res/-Spd
  • Beruka: +Spd/-Def (I already have a lv 40 Beruka with +HP/-Def, trying to decide how much better the +Spd is for her)

Should I bother training any of these? The only one I have an immediate use for is Palla for a flying team I'm trying to throw together, but her IVs are so awful I'm not sure it's worth it.

22 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I think Gaius is one of the three non-Kagero people that can pull Poison Dagger+ and be decent at it (the other two being Jakob and Saizo). However, the conditions are pretty stiff:

- Must have a +Atk boon
- Must inherit Poison Dagger+
- Life and Death in the A slot

That'll bump his Atk up to 42 before buffs, which is one off of vanilla +Atk Kagero.  But if you're donating a Poison Dagger+, you'd probably want to slap Life and Death on Kagero anyway. :P:

Yeah that would be a bit backward unless a player really dislike Kagero as a character and/or really likes Gaius as a character.

Which is possible though :)

21 minutes ago, DraconicFeline said:

• Beruka: +Spd/-Def (I already have a lv 40 Beruka with +HP/-Def, trying to decide how much better the +Spd is for her)

Should I bother training any of these? The only one I have an immediate use for is Palla for a flying team I'm trying to throw together, but her IVs are so awful I'm not sure it's worth it.

Sully: Meh. But if you want to focus on killing red units (which in any case is what Sully is best at) kinda decent. Swordbreaker lets her double attack swordsmen regardless of speed and more attack is nice.

Palla: Crap. She struggles to do much damage in the first place in my experience.

Fae: Not too familiar with Fae, but that sounds okay-ish for a tanky unit.

Maria: Good, if you need a healer, Attack doesn't matter, more HP means surviving longer. But do you need a healer?

Lilina: I don't think Lilina is Speedy enough for it to make much of a difference, so I'd say so-so. But perhaps someone more familiar with Lilina would answer differently.

Beruka: Bad. The other one is crap too, so *shrugs*

Edited by salinea

23 minutes ago, DraconicFeline said:

You have a strange view of what is "awful".  Thanks to skill inheritance, it's possible to salvage just about everyone.

- Sully: Thanks to +Atk, she's going to really murder red units, and thanks to Swordbreaker, she'll double swords regardless.  Keep her out of the way of speedy non-reds, and she'll be fine.
- Palla: Again, a jewel weapon user, who appreciates the extra Res.  So like all other jewel weapon users, pit her against her advantageous type.  Goad Fliers doesn't really care about her boon/bane, anyway.
- Fae: She's meant to be mage bait, and this just solidifies it more.
- Maria: She's a healer, why would she care about Atk?
- Lilina: Her job is to hit hard, and hit once.  The only "new" characters that'll double her are either not going to be seen in competitive play (Raigh and a bunch of others), people she can take a hit from (F!Robin), or people who she's not supposed to tank in the first place (Nowi, M!Robin).
- Beruka: She probably cares a wee bit more about her Speed than Lilina, but not that much.  The bump from 23 to 26 means that a few less people double her (the notable one being M!Robin, someone who she'd realistically tank).  Otherwise, it really doesn't matter.

So rather than complain about your units, find a way to make them useful.  Do some research on WHY things work.

Signed,
Someone who uses a -Spd Lucina, which is arguably worse than everything you posted

9 minutes ago, salinea said:

Yeah that would be a bit backward unless a player really dislike Kagero as a character and/or really likes Gaius as a character.

Which is possible though :)

Well, Gaius' lower rarity also helps him here, it's easier to pull a good boon for someone @ 3* than Kagero, who's 4-5*. A +Atk boon with L&D Gaiuis covers 5 more units than a neutral Kagero with L&D  (79/110 versus 74/110), and don't get me started about -Atk or -Spd Kagero, which happens 40% of the time. Gaius' better mixed bulk also means that on the enemy phase, he only dies to 17 units versus Kagero's 36, making deathless runs a bit easier.

13 minutes ago, salinea said:

Sully: Meh. But if you want to focus on killing red units (which in any case is what Sully is best at) kinda decent. Swordbreaker lets her double attack swordsmen regardless of speed and more attack is nice.

Palla: Crap. She struggles to do much damage in the first place in my experience.

Fae: Not too familiar with Fae, but that sounds okay-ish for a tanky unit.

Maria: Good, if you need a healer, Attack doesn't matter, more HP means surviving longer. But do you need a healer?

Lilina: I don't think Lilina is Speedy enough for it to make much of a difference, so I'd say so-so. But perhaps someone more familiar with Lilina would answer differently.

Beruka: Bad. The other one is crap too, so *shrugs*

Yeah, that's about what I figured for most of those. I was hoping Palla wasn't completely useless though, haha. Oh well. Good to know that Sully and Fae at least can still be utilized if I need them.

I already have several decent healers, so I don't really need Maria; I was just curious about her viability. Also, I've noticed that this game really loves throwing shitty Berukas at me; I didn't even mention the -Atk/+Spd one lol. Good thing I pulled a +Def Cherche recently.

Thanks for the help!

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

You have a strange view of what is "awful".  Thanks to skill inheritance, it's possible to salvage just about everyone.

- Sully: Thanks to +Atk, she's going to really murder red units, and thanks to Swordbreaker, she'll double swords regardless.  Keep her out of the way of speedy non-reds, and she'll be fine.
- Palla: Again, a jewel weapon user, who appreciates the extra Res.  So like all other jewel weapon users, pit her against her advantageous type.  Goad Fliers doesn't really care about her boon/bane, anyway.
- Fae: She's meant to be mage bait, and this just solidifies it more.
- Maria: She's a healer, why would she care about Atk?
- Lilina: Her job is to hit hard, and hit once.  The only "new" characters that'll double her are either not going to be seen in competitive play (Raigh and a bunch of others), people she can take a hit from (F!Robin), or people who she's not supposed to tank in the first place (Nowi, M!Robin).
- Beruka: She probably cares a wee bit more about her Speed than Lilina, but not that much.  The bump from 23 to 26 means that a few less people double her (the notable one being M!Robin, someone who she'd realistically tank).  Otherwise, it really doesn't matter.

So rather than complain about your units, find a way to make them useful.  Do some research on WHY things work.

Signed,
Someone who uses a -Spd Lucina, which is arguably worse than everything you posted

Of course it's possible, but I'm not going to waste time and resources on units that have been RNG-crippled when there are plenty of alternatives available. I'm not trying to just come here and bitch; I'm looking for some advice on how they can be used and whether or not it's worth it.

I appreciate the input on Lilina; I know for some of the slower units a Speed bane can still really hurt them, and I couldn't tell if Lilina was one of those. Looks like Sully and Fae are still perfectly viable as well, which I'm happy about.