"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

6 minutes ago, r_n said:

I got a (3 star, so he'd be in for a long haul) Jagen last night. Gunter impressed me and I see Jagen has the complimentary cavalry skill. What are the usual go-to plans for him? I'd probably use him on my current cavalry team (Eldigan/Gunter/Ursula and then sometimes I put Clarine in) most of the time. I don't really have a lot of good lance horses so mayeb I'll put him to general use too?

I honestly think you're better off having two different cavalry units inherit Hone and Fortify Cavalry tbh. 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Jagen is the worst lance unit by far. The only thing he really has going for him is his resistance, which is surprisingly high. The rest of his stats are bad (which is probably intentional). A good set for him could be Sapphire lance with moonbow definitly. Combine it with a Triangle adept and he might do half decent against sword-units. Vantage 3 may also be useful. As well as some Hone or Spur skills

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I honestly think you're better off having two different cavalry units inherit Hone and Fortify Cavalry tbh. 

Aw, that's a bummer. Gunter performed well so I figured Jagen could do pretty solid too. I guess all his bonus points got put into res?

Guess I'll shift the question to: who are better units who would enjoy those skills? Or would it be any cavalry that doesn't have a must-have c skill

e: Looking it up it looks like, yes, Jagen did basically put all hsi points into resistence. Gunter has higher HP, Attack, and Defense across the board. No wonder he performed better.

Edited by r_n

9 minutes ago, r_n said:

Guess I'll shift the question to: who are better units who would enjoy those skills? Or would it be any cavalry that doesn't have a must-have c skill

Basically yeah, anyone works.

My personal cavalry setup is Cecilia with Gronnblade, Reinhardt with Goad, Eldigan with Fortify, and Frederick with Hone. 

Which one of [neutral] and [+Spd, –Res] Hanas will be better to keep and which one to turn into a piñata for Navarre to eventually pull L&D3 from?

Both will have ridiculously high Spd and ridiculously low Res regardless of their assets and flaws due to L&D anyway.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Which one of [neutral] and [+Spd, –Res] Hanas will be better to keep and which one to turn into a piñata for Navarre to eventually pull L&D3 from?

Both will have ridiculously high Spd and ridiculously low Res regardless of their assets and flaws due to L&D anyway.

Honestly, +Spd/-Res is probably one of the best natures for Hana, and I would definitely go with it over neutral. 

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I have a M!Robin with Triangle Adept, but he's not much use in higher Arena bc his BST is so low :///

The only reason I even use Julia despite her dragging my score down is because I have no other way to deal with dragons and Blarblade Linde/bunny Lucina. 

Will the new rules help him stay more viable for those who live for high scores (I keep him anyways since he is my best counter for pineapples and I like keeping him and Lucina on the team)?

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Honestly, +Spd/-Res is probably one of the best natures for Hana, and I would definitely go with it over neutral. 

Okay, thanks! Now Karel, come home!

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Will the new rules help him stay more viable for those who live for high scores (I keep him anyways since he is my best counter for pineapples and I like keeping him and Lucina on the team)?

I mean he has one more BST than Julia, so if I can score in top 1k with her, you should be able to with Robin (though it also depends on the rest of your team ofc)

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean he has one more BST than Julia, so if I can score in top 1k with her, you should be able to with Robin (though it also depends on the rest of your team ofc)

Lucina and Young Tiki really boost my scores, but Nino or Cordelia aren't that high (depending on which one I use). Though for this and the last season I've been using Spring Lucina and Chrom for bonuses so it doesn't really matter right now. Plus Chrom has a high BST himself.

Edit: Cherche has a high BST too, but I lack a Brave Axe + for her to use.

Edited by Arthur97

1 hour ago, r_n said:

Aw, that's a bummer. Gunter performed well so I figured Jagen could do pretty solid too. I guess all his bonus points got put into res?

e: Looking it up it looks like, yes, Jagen did basically put all hsi points into resistence. Gunter has higher HP, Attack, and Defense across the board. No wonder he performed better.

If you really want to keep the theme, Sully/Peri and Frederick is basically Jagen+ and Gunter+. They had fairly simmilar stats line out, 6 more BST, and their skill slot kinda covers each other. I'd reccomend Sully/Fred in particular for their mobility option

But yeah the best option is basically just the boring "take the best cavalry you can get route". In the end, your best choice boils down into a combination of Eldigan, Eliwood, and all of the Mounted Tomes user due to their insane potential with Blade Tomes with Reindhart at his own level

Just now, JSND said:

If you really want to keep the theme, Sully/Peri and Frederick is basically Jagen+ and Gunter+. They had fairly simmilar stats line out, 6 more BST, and their skill slot kinda covers each other. I'd reccomend Sully/Fred in particular for their mobility option

But yeah the best option is basically just the boring "take the best cavalry you can get route". In the end, your best choice boils down into a combination of Eldigan, Eliwood, and all of the Mounted Tomes user due to their insane potential with Blade Tomes with Reindhart at his own level

I do have a spare 4* gunter i can piecemeal for a frederick and a bunch of sullies (all 3 stars, though), so i'll keep this in mind.

Hmm, since I have to use Cecilia, might as well make her viable.  What's a decent Special for her?  I'm assuming a low-timer one, since she's not going to double anybody, but I'm not as great as theory craft as some peeps here.

Just now, Fire Penguin Disco Panda said:

If they didn't change anything except the quantity, 99 is the max, so it will restore up to 99. So the optimal thing to do is restore stamina when you have 0.

Actually, no. Using a stamina potion prepatch when your current amount was nonzero carried over the excess stamina (i.e. 55/50). The same applies post-patch, since I just used a stamina potion and rolled over into 100+.

Tagging @Zangetsu to see this.

23 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

If I restore my stamina at 98 will it be at 148 or will it just go to 99?

If you restore your stamina from 98/99, it'll go up to 197/99 (stamina restores are now 99 stamina, not 50 stamina). It's a waste, though, because until you get below 99/99 again, the 5-minute timer to regenerate stamina won't start.

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Anyone know what Wo Dao does with a defensive special? (I'm expecting nothing at all, but would be interesting if it gives +10 dmg even with a defense proc.)

This guy, asking the real questions.

Going to suspend disbelief here in case something actually does happen, I'm curious now...

27 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Anyone know what Wo Dao does with a defensive special? (I'm expecting nothing at all, but would be interesting if it gives +10 dmg even with a defense proc.)

My assumption has been "nothing", but I'm not going to test until I pull a Draug with the right nature.

It'd be funny if it added 10 damage to the enemy's attack.

Hey !

Now that the new update has came, I've got the 3 seals but I don't know on which character I should equip them... Can you help me please ?

I've got Abel (5*), Ryoma (5*), Nino (4*) and Michalis (4*)

(Michalis has the role of score booster : next season he will be replaced by Navarre)

I have a +Atk/-Def Gunter who may be my Hone Cavalry buffer on a horse team. However, I also have a +Atk/-HP Frederick. Should I keep Gunter as my Hone Cavalry buffer or pass the skill to Frederick?

20 minutes ago, Yinvarn said:

Hey !

Now that the new update has came, I've got the 3 seals but I don't know on which character I should equip them... Can you help me please ?

I've got Abel (5*), Ryoma (5*), Nino (4*) and Michalis (4*)

(Michalis has the role of score booster : next season he will be replaced by Navarre)

Swap 'em as you see fit.  You can slap them on anyone, any time!

11 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

I have a +Atk/-Def Gunter who may be my Hone Cavalry buffer on a horse team. However, I also have a +Atk/-HP Frederick. Should I keep Gunter as my Hone Cavalry buffer or pass the skill to Frederick?

Why not use both?

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Why not use both?

Do you mean as in "both on the same team" or both with Hone Cavalry? Because I just found out I have a spare Gunter that can give Hone Cavalry.

Edit: His IVs are the same as the other one.

Edited by Zero1000

41 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Swap 'em as you see fit.  You can slap them on anyone, any time!

Why not use both?

Yes, I wanted go optimize it as first but oh well I will give it a shot by providing Ryoma some speed, Nino some attack, and Abel some PVs

Trying seems to be the wisest thing here

Edited by Yinvarn