"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Question about Quick Riposte mechanic

Does Quick Riposte HP thereshold requires the unit to have stated HP value before combat or is it retroactive?

I had a silly idea of giving Julia Quick Riposte because iirc this way it ensures an ORKO doubling vs Linde on the defensive which QR2 handily achieves(38 hp - 8 damage = 30 which is 92%) but it does affect Takumi match up if it isnt retroactive so im somewhat curious about this

HP thresholds for skill activation are always determined at the beginning of combat (after damage from Rising/Growing/Blazing Flame/Thunder/Wind/Light because those occur before combat).

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

+Spd and +Atk Kagero perform almost identically with L&D and a Atk + 1 seal. (I just checked calcs since mine was +Spd/=Atk). Both kill 88 units, lose to Hector and Celica (expected), and fail to KO certain armors and horses and fliers.

I could go over the match-ups in detail, but I'll wait on that till I get a +Atk Kagero.

+Atk is generally very slightly better outside of the L&D Atk + 1 seal build, however. (Funnily enough, factoring in Fury 3 doesn't change match-ups between +Spd and +Atk at all. I think Kagero just does so much damage that all Infantry get 1RKOd anyway with =Atk.)

My +Speed Kagero may be worth promoting after all?

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Michalis is how.

Can he kill people like Takumi or Klein in one hit? Also I wish he had some sort of ranged attack to counter after drawing them in...

I know Spring Camilla has high defense but I'm not gonna let her take the hit

14 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I want to make an all flier team but how should I deal with bow users?

Use Reposition to boost an ally 2 squares into range, then poke the archer to death, preferably with a Brave weapon (Hinoka, Cordelia, and Cherche with Brave Axe do this job best).

Alternatively, Triangle Adept Spring Camilla with Gronnraven takes reduced damage from bows and can counterattack for heavy damage due to weapon triangle advantage.

Or promote Michalis to 5-star and let him tank the hits with Iote's Shield and one-hit kill them back with Bonfire-boosted Hauteclere.

4 hours ago, salinea said:

My +Speed Kagero may be worth promoting after all?

tl;dr Kagero kills all Infantry, this doesn't change. Note, however, that +Spd needs to double more things, so counters will be a problem is her HP is too low---+Atk has 14 more 1HKOs. @ Full hp, however, the difference in Infantry match-ups is only 4 units even with Distant Counter on everyone. Not big enough to matter, to be honest, and you can always just buff her attack a little. (Well, F!Corrin survives the +Atk version with 2HP since she's too slow to double, but everyone else dies pre-inheritance. To both versions.)

What changes is the non-infantry matchups. +Atk kills the slower, bulkier units, while +Spd kills the faster, more fragile units. (+Atk Kagero with L&D has 1 more damage per hit than +Atk Klein with DB3 IRRC---so anything =Atk Klein kills, +Spd will kill will a double, and anything +Atk Klein kills, +Atk will. +Spd just gets more doubles.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Hi, is Nowi that strong ?

I have two, +SPD - RES and +SPD -HP, no skil inheritance yet, and she is doing a good job. ( I use the -RES Nowi )

I have a Roy 4* that I can merge with her to get TriAdept 3, but i don't know if TriAdept 3 is THAT good compared to TriAdept 2 ? Maybe i will merge one of my many Serena instead.

Any suggestions plz ? I don't want to kill my Roy for nothing haha.

I've never had the chance to try it myself, but is the triangle attack in Heroes? Maybe this seems like a silly question, but it wasn't always obvious in some of the other games, so I figure, might as well see if anyone's tried yet.

5 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

tl;dr Kagero kills all Infantry, this doesn't change. Note, however, that +Spd needs to double more things, so counters will be a problem is her HP is too low---+Atk has 14 more 1HKOs. @ Full hp, however, the difference in Infantry match-ups is only 4 units even with Distant Counter on everyone. Not big enough to matter, to be honest, and you can always just buff her attack a little. (Well, F!Corrin survives the +Atk version with 2HP since she's too slow to double, but everyone else dies pre-inheritance. To both versions.)

What changes is the non-infantry matchups. +Atk kills the slower, bulkier units, while +Spd kills the faster, more fragile units. (+Atk Kagero with L&D has 1 more damage per hit than +Atk Klein with DB3 IRRC---so anything =Atk Klein kills, +Spd will kill will a double, and anything +Atk Klein kills, +Atk will. +Spd just gets more doubles.)

Thanks for the precisions! (DB3?)

Hmm doesn't sound super worth it given that I already have Klein.

Edited by salinea

14 minutes ago, BestFriendJ0 said:

I've never had the chance to try it myself, but is the triangle attack in Heroes? Maybe this seems like a silly question, but it wasn't always obvious in some of the other games, so I figure, might as well see if anyone's tried yet.

The triangle attack makes 100% crit rate right? Or something like that?

So nope cause there's no crits

And I'm pretty sure people have tested it. Besides it'd take too much hastling and hustling and bustling to pull off anyway, cause 2 movement isn't exactly much to work with as far as making shapes and whatnot heh

1 minute ago, salinea said:

Thanks for the precisions! (DB3?)

Hmm doesn't sound super worth it given that I already have Klein.

Death Blow 3.

Klein has better coverage vs. fliers (he's still a bow unit), and Kagero has better coverage over infantry. Kagero fails to KO the bulkier fliers, and Klein fails on the bulkier infantry. The squishies all die, which means Klein is similar enough to Kagero that if you have one already, Kagero won't increase match-ups that much. It's the squishies that are dangerous on enemy-phase, and they all die to either one.

If I may, I want to know what kind of enemies you folks tend to face in at least the 680~ arena range. For myself, I faced a lot of Blue units. I just got 20k feathers, but I'm a bit skeptical in deciding to bring Sharena to 5* because of the abundance of blue units. What do you think is the best choice between these heroes. These are all 4 stars:

Sharena, Corrin (F), Reindhart, Nino, Cecilia, Navarre, Eirika, Corrin (M).

(Except for Cecilia, which has a +ATK IV as a 3*)

But first, I wish to hear some heads-up from the higher rating players in this community. I want to raise my rank up as well. :)

Edited by Lyrai

19 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

If I may, I want to know what kind of enemies you folks tend to face in at least the 680~ arena range. For myself, I faced a lot of Blue units. I just got 20k feathers, but I'm a bit skeptical in deciding to bring Sharena to 5* because of the abundance of blue units. What do you think is the best choice between these heroes. These are all 4 stars:

But first, I wish to hear some heads-up from the higher rating players in this community. I want to raise my rank up as well. :)

Really just depends on what your team needs, what are your current 5 star units?

I just want to note, that, from the standpoint of an 'all out offense' team user (+1 bonus unit that's usually baggage), all enemy units are either 'threats,' 'harmless,' or 'tanky.'

Reinhardt for example is a very big threat (no one on my team this season survives a round with him), and reasonably tanky (since my Lucina can't 1RKO), meaning I have to specifically position a unit to deal with him. In other seasons I just have Minerva make him disappear (I don't run L&D 3, so she can safely tank even the most dangerous versions), but this season it's a matter of proper positioning and having Cordelia stab him to death. (Minerva is AWOL since Michalis took her spot.)

Harmless people can't 1RKO any of my units, and I usually manage to delete everyone around them, so they're an non-issue.

Most threats are entirely covered by just 1 of my units (L&D builds have great coverage. Lucina even 1HKOs blues when I need her to, thanks to Luna, which is easy to build up since she doesn't need it for most people), and those that manage to tank one (Rein, for example, survives her with 4 hp), die to my other one---+Atk Cordelia this season, Rein isn't living through her unless he's +Def, Fury, and Lance-breaker, and even then he dies if I just remember to put Cordelia next to Azura the turn before, I gave Azura hone Atk.

Kill 3 units, tank 1 hit from the last if needed (usually I manage to space almost perfectly, so nobody takes hit in EP at all), and then win. It's very cookie cutter, and deals with the majority of team comps the same way, since unit categories are simplified.

@Lyrai =Atk (or better) Rein is probably the best one to choose, brave tome is strong, hitting res, the one people usually dump, good attack, and amazing mobility combine to make an player phase monster---a monster who's deceptively bulky thanks to his relatively high defense stats.

That said, Sharena is an option if she's your only choice for a bonus unit next season---seems like Nintendo is cycling the 3 starters, maybe, so 5*ing all 3 of Anna, Alfonse, and Sharena just for points might be worth it. Personally, though, I'm not going to do that.

23 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

If you don't have another bonus character, Sharena is a solid choice. Even at higher ranks, you never stop seeing Lucina and other reds (but mostly Lucina), and Sharena checks them all quite handily. 

However, if you do have another bonus character, Reinhardt is an easy pick for me. The boost in power from 4* to 5* is huge (since he gets Dire Thunder at 5*), and he is one of the most dangerous player phase nukes in the game, capable of OHKOing all reds and nearly all blue and colorless units in the game. In fact, I would argue that he is the the best Brave unit in the game (though that is likely a very controversial statement and one I'm perfectly willing to debate), certainly top 5 at the bare minimum. Just about the only thing holding him back before the update was his pitiful BST (also his speed, but if you position properly he shouldn't really ever be getting hit), but after the update that isn't really an issue. For an offense team, Reinhardt is one of the best offensive units in the game, right up there with the likes of Nino and Kagero. 

21 minutes ago, StarBit8 said:

Really just depends on what your team needs, what are your current 5 star units?

My arena team was Michalis, Jaffar, Sanaki, and Seliph. Lost a lot of games with this set due to Jaffar and Seliph having positioning problems in 1.2.0.

I'm thinking about changing my team to Michalis, Eliwood, Sanaki, and any new candidates.

My other 5 star units include Hector (+SPD -RES), Tharja (-SPD +DEF), Cordelia (+HP -DEF), Leo (-SPD +RES).

@DehNutCase @MaskedAmpharos My 4* Reindhart is apparently neutral. I wonder if it's still worth it to spend 20k feathers on? Or maybe wait for a 5 star pull?

@MaskedAmpharos The reason I'm skeptical to upgrade Sharena in the first place is because of the abundance of blue units. And then, my Swordbreaker Sanaki can already ORKO sword users everytime, while being my prime green check unit. (goodbye, Nino.) Although, I'm still thinking how Eliwood could be of use then.

Edited by Lyrai

1 minute ago, Lyrai said:

My arena team was Michalis, Jaffar, Sanaki, and Seliph. Lost a lot of games with this set due to Jaffar and Seliph having positioning problems.

I'm thinking about changing my team to Michalis, Eliwood, Sanaki, and any new candidates.

My other 5 star units include Hector (+SPD -RES), Tharja (-SPD +DEF), Cordelia (+HP -DEF), Leo (-SPD +RES).

@DehNutCase @MaskedAmpharos My Reindhart is apparently neutral. I wonder if it's still worth it to spend 20k feathers on? Or maybe wait for a 5 star pull?

A neutral Reinhardt with Death Blow still OHKOs literally every red in the game and more than half of all blues (if you give him Lancebreaker, he ORKOs all but 5 blue units, and if you give him the Atk +1 seal, the only blues he fails to ORKO are Jagen and Nowi, unless either of them are -res or -HP in which case he OHKOs them as well). He also OHKOs all thieves except Felicia and all archers except Faye and Niles. This is all without even using his special. If you give him Draconic Aura or Luna, which he'll already have active on his second round of combat, he'll OHKO all red, all blue, and all colorless units in the entire game, as well as half of all greens.

tldr - Reinhardt is a monster, and even a neutral Reinhardt is worth investing in.

Also, I don't know how I feel about Eliwood on your lineup or two reds.

I would personally go with a team of Sharena, Sanaki, Michalis, and Hector or Sharena, Sanaki, Michalis/Hector, and Jaffar. 

Ideally, Reinhardt would be in there too, but you don't have the feathers for both him and Sharena (who gets priority as a bonus unit). 

If you're having problems with repositioning, consider investing in assist skills such as, well, Reposition (Pivot is also good for getting out of trouble, and Swap is decent as well). They've saved my ass more than I can count.

You could also consider using a dancer, which I quite like, but I don't know if you have any that are leveled up (and how much they'd hurt your score if they aren't). If you do have viable dancers though, I'd put them on the team, replacing Michalis for a team of Sharena, Sanaki, Hector, and dancer. 

20 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

My arena team was Michalis, Jaffar, Sanaki, and Seliph. Lost a lot of games with this set due to Jaffar and Seliph having positioning problems.

@DehNutCase @MaskedAmpharos My Reindhart is apparently neutral. I wonder if it's still worth it to spend 20k feathers on? Or maybe wait for a 5 star pull?

=Reinhardt is quite good already, even -Atk Reinhardt is amazing, the dude is just that freakishly strong.

DB3, =Atk Rein 1RKO (which means 2HKO, since he aint doubling anyone) 72 units.

Give him Hone Cavalry (Yeah, he's a horse), and the number jumps up to 102. (This is +Atk L&D Lucina levels of coverage.)

To be perfectly serious, a team of 4 Reins would wipe 99% of the teams out there, or, at the very least, kill everyone except Julia.

Edited by DehNutCase

Thanks for all your help, @StarBit8, @DehNutCase and @MaskedAmpharos. Okay, I guess I'll just take Reindhart to 5 stars, then? That'll get him rolling. I'll take the time to grind him well and farm up SP.

I have a 4 star Sharena with Swordbreaker so she can reliably take on most reds anyway. I'm okay with that.

Hey guys, I have some several question I need some help on. I'e been looking at all my units that I could use and went through their IVs. I need help with which IVs is better than the other.

Cordelia's = -spd/+res or -atk/+hp 

Raven = -res/+hp or -spd/+atk

M!Robin = -hp/+res or -hp/+spd or -atk/+spd

I also want to know if these IVs are worth investing in?

Cherche = -hp/+def

Beruka = -spd/+hp

Minerva = -spd/+hp

Edited by ScarletSylph

12 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Cordelia's = -spd/+res or -atk/+hp 

Raven = -res/+hp or -spd/+atk

M!Robin = -hp/+res or -hp/+spd or -atk/+spd

I also want to know if these IVs are worth investing in?

Cherche = -hp/+def

Beruka = -spd/+hp

Minerva = -spd/+hp

Bolded the ones that are worth. Cordelia and Raven needs as much attack as possible as they are Brave users (and such ATK is double the impact on them, and SPD is less of a problem)

Robin (M)'s best boon is +SPD, imo. This means Robin can double more and get doubled by less.

I'm actually not sure to pick between Cherche and Minerva. Minerva having -SPD hurts her quite a bit, while Cherche is a great tank, but her -HP will make her die to most mages.

On 17-4-2017 at 1:53 AM, Arcanite said:

@Armend Zephiel could get Life and Death at four stars so hold your horses on promoting Hana just for life and death 

Eclipse said it right for Lon'puke, just wait for him to show his face

Aii xD..

Well I decided to make her a main after this. Did turn out an expensive joke though; brave sword+, escutcheon, desperation 3 and threaten spd 3

2 hours ago, Lyrai said:

Thanks for all your help, @StarBit8, @DehNutCase and @MaskedAmpharos. Okay, I guess I'll just take Reindhart to 5 stars, then? That'll get him rolling. I'll take the time to grind him well and farm up SP.

I have a 4 star Sharena with Swordbreaker so she can reliably take on most reds anyway. I'm okay with that.

Yes, definitely 5 star Reinhardt looking at your team :)