"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Shiro said:

So I have a +9 seliph should i sack him for 10000 feathers or should i actually make some sort of use for him? 

He does a really decent Eldigan impersonation.

Problem is, Eldigan also does a really decent Eldigan impersonation, and he has a horse and legendary killer sword on top of it.

Is +Atk/-Def a decent combo for Nino? She is currently at the top of the my "to be promoted to 5*" pile but I'm not sure if that -Def is a deal breaker or not. I do know it is definently better than the other Nino I have which is +Res/-Atk eegh.

1 minute ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Is +Atk/-Def a decent combo for Nino? She is currently at the top of the my "to be promoted to 5*" pile but I'm not sure if that -Def is a deal breaker or not. I do know it is definently better than the other Nino I have which is +Res/-Atk eegh.

Nino should never be getting hit. -HP, -Def, and -Res are more or less the same to her.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nino should never be getting hit. -HP, -Def, and -Res are more or less the same to her.

Usually my Nino would have to survive one hit before doubling an enemy (against ranged units). So... it does matter to some extent.

3 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Usually my Nino would have to survive one hit before doubling an enemy (against ranged units). So... it does matter to some extent.

The "standard" Desperation build does not get hit in between attacks and can use Ardent Sacrifice to activate Desperation without needing to enter combat if there is nothing safe to attack.

Unless you screwed up somewhere, you control how much damage Nino takes to activate Desperation, and after that she should never get hit again.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

The "standard" Desperation build does not get hit in between attacks and can use Ardent Sacrifice to activate Desperation without needing to enter combat if there is nothing safe to attack.

Unless you screwed up somewhere, you control how much damage Nino takes to activate Desperation, and after that she should never get hit again.

Makes sense. I didn't make use of Desperation nor Ardent Sacrifice on her, so I'll have to stick with the vanilla way. Problem is that there are some units that would OHKO her...

1 minute ago, wizzard of soz said:

my FEH did a small update but i can't tell what changed..did anyone else get this? does anyone know?

Me too. Well, little updates like these must've been in preparation for the GHB. Including the banner of Battling Zephiel, most likely.

4 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Me too. Well, little updates like these must've been in preparation for the GHB. Including the banner of Battling Zephiel, most likely.

aah, might be. didn't realize the GHB was already almost here, oops. i'll probably be asleep when it comes out though. can't wait to hit up that banner with my literally zero orbs. 

Does anyone know if the "Threaten Defense 2" built into Zephiel's signature weapon will stack with a C slotted Threaten Defense? I know that some skills and weapon skills stack like Jaffar's weapon and poison strike.

5 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Does anyone know if the "Threaten Defense 2" built into Zephiel's signature weapon will stack with a C slotted Threaten Defense? I know that some skills and weapon skills stack like Jaffar's weapon and poison strike.

I'm pretty sure it won't stack. Override, yes.

I pulled two Nowis, both +SPD although one has -DEF and the another -RES. I guess it's better the -RES one?

EDIT: Adittional question: what do the white numbers that appear at the end of the battles (at least on practice tower) mean? I think it must have something to do with EXP but.

Edited by Fire Penguin Disco Panda

14 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lancebreaker gives him the most one-round kills. Wings of Mercy is his best support option.

I'd personally use Reposition, but it mostly just depends on how you play.

Draconic Aura.

I put lance breaker 1 on Reinhardt :)  Zero feather cost, no difference to lv 2, rare instance need lvl3, he rarely even gets scratched. 

It came with SWAP is it an effective enough support?  Reposition is great for sure but i'm a skint on those and this was a freebee from Arthur...

Glad i went this way and not spending resources on other cavalry units as his best partner is Olivia!  Its obscenely easy to get two kills or move her in front of a green.  He never benefits especially from the speed boost of hone cavalry and the -4 dmg from hone Atk vs a double kill potential is rare.  

is Ruby sword to Risky on Olivia?  I could give her wings of mercy or axe breaker too...

Who would be a good unit to bait for Reinhardt?

1 hour ago, Fire Penguin Disco Panda said:

EDIT: Adittional question: what do the white numbers that appear at the end of the battles (at least on practice tower) mean? I think it must have something to do with EXP but.

Hero Merit. Once a unit reaches 500, they give you this amount of feathers, up to total of 2,000 per unit. You can keep track of your overall merit in Settings → Hero Merit List.

3 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Short answer: no.

Long answer: If you have Threaten Def 3, it will simply override Zephiel's innate Threaten Def 2 (if you have anything lower than 3, you basically don't have a C-skill)

Longer answer: Out-of-combat buffs/debuffs never stack. Only the highest of the two will take effect.

If you're sitting next to two units with Hone Atk 3, you only gain +4 atk, not +8. If you're afflicted by both Seal Def and Threaten Def, you get Def -7 from Seal, not -12 from both. 

A unit's weapon can stack with a similar skill if they are not out-of-combat buffs, such as with Jaffar and Poison Strike.

In the same vein, Eliwood's Durandal stacks with Death Blow since Death Blow applies its buffs during combat. 

Wanna get some other opinions. My current team is Marth, Sharena, Nino, and Kagero right now. I was just wondering, since Nowi is a focus banner unit right now, would it help balance my team to replace Kagero for Nowi since I don't really have a good bulky bait unit on my current team? Or is Kagero essential for this team that I'm overlooking?

How do you beat all the enemies in hard version on Zephiel's Grand Battle Map without getting a single item member unit killed? I did unlocked the 3 Stars Zephiel with using Seliph with Draconic Aura from inheriting from 3 Stars Sophia, Ryoma, Chrom, and Takumi with Renewal 3 from inheriting from 4 Stars Lissa.

And also, is there a skill that Fliers can't get a massive damage from Bow Users?

Edited by King Marth 64

12 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

How do you beat all the enemies in hard version on Zephiel's Grand Battle Map without getting a single item member unit killed? I did unlocked the 3 Stars Zephiel with using Seliph with Draconic Aura from inheriting from 3 Stars Sophia, Ryoma, Chrom, and Takumi with Renewal 3 from inheriting from 4 Stars Lissa.

And also, is there a skill that Fliers can't get a massive damage from Bow Users?

For the second question: Yes, it is called iotes shield and is a skill unique to Michealis (you can use skill inheritance to give it to another flier).

For the first question: The general strategy is using a mage to deal damage and then using a dancer to get him out of range. Pretty much a hit and run strategy. You can read more about wat other people did in this topic:

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/71113-next-grand-hero-battle-zephiel/

5 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Mkv posted two separate videos of them beating Zephiel's Lunatic map using only 3* units and taking 0 damage:

Here's the first one.

And here's the second.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos