"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Lyrai said:
  1. Your Fir has the best boon, but also the worst bane. You can try fixing your speed or increase your attack... both can get the job done. See which one fits you more. In any case, she'll be average because of the IVs.
  2. +ATK / - HP Florina is your best bet, I believe. Try to keep the rest of her copies for inheriting Ardent Sacrifice, they're an important tool for Desperation in case you have one.

1) Ah, that... kinda sucks, kinda doesn't. I guess I'll put Death Blow on Fir, give her Vantage (I don't think -SPD is gonna get too much out of Desperation, and her defenses mean Renewal is out of the question... she could maybe run Brash Assault to deal with dragons with her high RES, but I have Marth and Julia for dragon-slaying), and I guess I'll give her Threaten ATK for her C Skill, and maybe toss Iceberg on her too.

2) Alright, I'll keep that in mind. I don't have anyone who really benefits from Desperation besides Lyn at the moment (and fortunately she has that skill on her sword), so one Florina is definitely going to her, but after that I'm not sure what I'll do with the other extra... or any future ones I may pull.

Thank you, mate.

When I reach 20,000 feathers really soon, I want to upgrade Sharena. At the same time, it has occurred to me to make my offence and defence teams in the Arena different (Ryoma/Robin/Blue/Klein is a lot scarier than if one of them was Lissa), but then I started to think:

Which is more suited to defence? Sharena or Effie?

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Which is more suited to defence? Sharena or Effie?

Armoured units aren't that good for defence. More mobile units tend to run off leaving the knights behind, turning the battle into a 4 vs 3.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Armoured units aren't that good for defence. More mobile units tend to run off leaving the knights behind, turning the battle into a 4 vs 3.

Well, Effie will stay until Sharena promotes and reaches a high level, but I'll make the switch when I'm able.

Effie is so awesome when the enemies get to her. Problem is, especially since I'm using a mage and archer, 'when the enemies get to her' doesn't happen often.

19 minutes ago, Sable Argyle said:

Something I've never been sure on.

Is it moonbow as in what archers use?

Or is it moonbow as in take a bow?

It is a bow as in a shape. Think crescent.

Edited by Vaximillian

57 minutes ago, Sable Argyle said:

Something I've never been sure on.

Is it moonbow as in what archers use?

Or is it moonbow as in take a bow?

It's "bow", as in the front portion of a ship that girls use both to tie up their hair and play the violin with.

So there was an announcement named "addressing improper use" where they said that they will ban all players who don't follow code of conduct will get a ban on there data, including units, orbs, etc. I am currently playing this game on an emulator because I can't replace my ancient phone yet, I was wondering by me doing this if I was breaking the code of conduct, or if I am at risk of getting banned.

(No, I don't use cheats, hacks, etc, and I have not bought any orbs through the EMU, and don't plan to.)

19 minutes ago, Lunajack said:

So there was an announcement named "addressing improper use" where they said that they will ban all players who don't follow code of conduct will get a ban on there data, including units, orbs, etc. I am currently playing this game on an emulator because I can't replace my ancient phone yet, I was wondering by me doing this if I was breaking the code of conduct, or if I am at risk of getting banned.

(No, I don't use cheats, hacks, etc, and I have not bought any orbs through the EMU, and don't plan to.)

No, there's no reason to believe that they would totally ban you for playing on an emulator. I've been playing on an emulator, since I only have a Windows Phone (lol). I bought orbs on one occasion trying to get Minerva and then summoned Cherche instead dammit, and had no difficulty. I've heard tales that some people got an error message awhile back when using emulators/rooted devices to try to buy orbs, but that was the only thing they couldn't do. That was it. They could do everything else, so I wouldn't worry about it; I'm certainly not worried about it.

26 minutes ago, Astellius said:

No, there's no reason to believe that they would totally ban you for playing on an emulator. I've been playing on an emulator, since I only have a Windows Phone (lol). I bought orbs on one occasion trying to get Minerva and then summoned Cherche instead dammit, and had no difficulty. I've heard tales that some people got an error message awhile back when using emulators/rooted devices to try to buy orbs, but that was the only thing they couldn't do. That was it. They could do everything else, so I wouldn't worry about it; I'm certainly not worried about it.

Ahh, thank you for your help <3

Also, I have been getting errors for being on a rooted device, but reinstalling the game makes it work again, although it's very annoying v;

3 hours ago, Lunajack said:

Ahh, thank you for your help <3

Also, I have been getting errors for being on a rooted device, but reinstalling the game makes it work again, although it's very annoying v;

Yeah, that error's annoying, I get it a lot. I reinstall the game, but, on rooted devices (or rooted emulators), I believe there's a way you can fix it without having to do a reinstall. It's something like, install Root Explorer, and go find and delete the .xml local save file for the game. Take a look at the 803-3001 error thread that's on here, the process is probably described there (if you wanted to do that instead of reinstall the game each time).

1 hour ago, Astellius said:

Yeah, that error's annoying, I get it a lot. I reinstall the game, but, on rooted devices (or rooted emulators), I believe there's a way you can fix it without having to do a reinstall. It's something like, install Root Explorer, and go find and delete the .xml local save file for the game. Take a look at the 803-3001 error thread that's on here, the process is probably described there (if you wanted to do that instead of reinstall the game each time).

Hm. Do you know a specific root explorer that I should use?

@Lunajack, ES File Explorer comes pre-installed on Nox I believe, and the emulator itself is capable of rooting without any additional set-up. Simply go into the emulator settings and enable root, then restart. Once you get the notification "Superuser granted to x app" where x is ES File Explorer or whichever app you want to access your files, you got the green light. On the sidebar within ES File Explorer, tap "Device", then a bunch of folders will appear. Follow this path: Data --> Data --> com.Nintendo.zaba --> Shared prefs --> DeviceAccount.xml

I unfortunately do not know exactly how to delete this file, but you can use a text editor to remove some lines of text that will essentially have the same effect by tapping the file and choosing the one that corresponds to ES FE. Open the file, and on the upper right corner, you will find three dots. Tap them, and choose "Edit". You can now use your keyboard to add or delete text. Simply delete all the text following the words: "deviceAccount", while preserving the quote at the end. From there you can save, force quit FE Heroes if it is still running through the OS settings, then start it up again.

Hope this helps. If you need more clarification, feel free to ask!

Edited by MrSmokestack

32 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Lunajack, ES File Explorer comes pre-installed on Nox I believe, and the emulator itself is capable of rooting without any additional set-up. Simply go into the emulator settings and enable root, then restart. Once you get the notification "Superuser granted to x app" where x is ES File Explorer or whichever app you want to access your files, you got the green light. On the sidebar within ES File Explorer, tap "Device", then a bunch of folders will appear. Follow this path: Data --> Data --> com.Nintendo.zaba --> Shared prefs --> DeviceAccount.xml

I unfortunately do not know exactly how to delete this file, but you can use a text editor to remove some lines of text that will essentially have the same effect by tapping the file and choosing the one that corresponds to ES FE. Open the file, and on the upper right corner, you will find three dots. Tap them, and choose "Edit". You can now use your keyboard to add or delete text. Simply delete all the text following the words: "deviceAccount", while preserving the quote at the end. From there you can save, force quit FE Heroes if it is still running through the OS settings, then start it up again.

Hope this helps. If you need more clarification, feel free to ask!

Okay thank you for your help, but...

I can't find the root option in either settings or system settings, and I dont think I have an ES file explorer installed, I just sort of access it by opening file locations with other programs like steam games-

Just to make sure I haven't missed anything blatantly obvious due to sleep deprivation,

Is there any reason (besides "I don't have one") not to run [+Spd, -Atk] on a staff user?

I need to pare down my box, and my giant piles of staff users are taking up space.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Just to make sure I haven't missed anything blatantly obvious due to sleep deprivation,

Is there any reason (besides "I don't have one") not to run [+Spd, -Atk] on a staff user?

I need to pare down my box, and my giant piles of staff users are taking up space.

Unless you're going for a VERY gimmicky setup, you're fine with +Spd/-Atk.

Said gimmick involves Elise, +Atk, Assault, and a full cavalry team. Not recommended unless you're very bored.

51 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Unless you're going for a VERY gimmicky setup, you're fine with +Spd/-Atk.

Said gimmick involves Elise, +Atk, Assault, and a full cavalry team. Not recommended unless you're very bored.

Well... I checked through my list of staff users and what do you know my first Elise happens to be [+Atk, -Def]. I guess I'm keeping that one for the shiggles.

Hey guys!  So I would like some advice for myself and a friend skill wise.  I was lucky enough to pull an Ike(+Def, -Atk)(unfortunate I know), and she pulled a Titania (+Res, -Spd) (Also unfortunate I know), but we would like some ideas for any skills that would be good for them.  For Ike I was thinking Bonfire, but with Heavy Blade, Aether or Luna might still be an option might be an option.  I was wondering if Desperation would be good on him instead of Swordbreaker, or maybe even Vantage, and Hone or Spur Atk.

For Titania, we are thinking of keeping Guard because it seems unique and useful, but what about Armored Blow?  And what C skill and trigger might work best?  Please let us know what you think!  Thank you!

So, what's the most efficient way to level a character from scratch? Skill points-wise, specially, since Ike needs a frigging 1470 skill points if I haven't miscalculated, but also time-wise and energy-wise. and what if I want to level 3 units? Is it better to level them one by one, surrounded by healers, dancers, and such?

1 hour ago, Taim Meich said:

So, what's the most efficient way to level a character from scratch? Skill points-wise, specially, since Ike needs a frigging 1470 skill points if I haven't miscalculated, but also time-wise and energy-wise. and what if I want to level 3 units? Is it better to level them one by one, surrounded by healers, dancers, and such?

Personally what I do when I want to level up quickly I go on strats that are a little higher than the hero and know they can clear it with proper support (dancer/buff/heals).

However, what I do when I want to get more SP energy-wise, I run them on strats that are 4 levels lower at max. That way the unit still gets 3 SP per enemy defeated, but since its level is higher, it gains less experience and slows down your progress on the tower, which is a good thing because lower stratums=less energy. On the long way this allow you to do the SP farming you do at the higher strats with lvl 40 units but wasting less energy. That's what I do, I don't know if there is a better way.

Edited by Fire Penguin Disco Panda
Corrected misspelling

4 hours ago, Taim Meich said:

One by one surrounded by healers so one character can get all the SP

The best way to grind SP is by leveling up to about 25 or 26 and defeating enemies no more than 6 levels below you. You'll get +3 SP for every kill but barely level up in the process! This way you'll have BOAT loads when you're at max