"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I recently scored 2 Hectors from a single batch of pulls. One of them is +Atk/-Def, the other is +Res/-Spd.

Which one should I use over the other?

Definitely +Atk

The -Def doesn't hurt him too much, but the +Atk lets him OHKO a lot of squishy mages before they get a chance to double and ORKO him. 

Meanwhile, +Res isn't enough to save him from anything, really.

EDIT to avoid double posting: @salinea I personally favor a 3-cd skill since, with QR and Heavy Blade, he'll be able to proc those every round of combat assuming his attack is high enough for Heavy Blade to activate. 

On Ike, usually Bonfire or Draconic Aura are the best choices. Your specific Ike probably wants Draconic Aura, but even with a -Def nature, he gets more damage output out of Bonfire than Luna in most cases. So that's still an option if you don't have DA fodder. 

Not counting buffs, +Atk Ike gets 16 bonus damage from Draconic Aura, and -Def Ike gets 14 bonus damage out of Bonfire. His enemy would need 34 def or more for Luna to outdamage DA (30 for Bonfire), which is uncommon enough that I prefer DA/Bonfire, but sticking with Luna isn't a bad option necessarily. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, salinea said:

Thank you! QR+Swap it is (I love it when a Skill Transfer is so handy from just one unit :))

Oh, should I run Ike with Aether? I thought Luna was better.

So luuuky u have +atk Ike right?  Is Heavy blade activating constantly for you?  if so Aether is amazing!  Getting +Atk is so insane for him for this reason. Mine or both -atk, it makes me cry inside a little every day...

Just now, salinea said:

Thank you! QR+Swap it is (I love it when a Skill Transfer is so handy from just one unit :))

Oh, should I run Ike with Aether? I thought Luna was better.

Luna gives the best single fight numbers, since Ike activates it during an Attack---Counter---Attack---Counter chain. (Less 1 attack if enemy isn't fast enough to double), but the thing is... it turns Ike into just another generic distant counter user, and you even used up an A-slot for it.

Think of it like this, Fury 3 Ike with Moonbow would do better than Heavy Blade Luna Ike, due to better speed, bulk, and damage. (Luna needs to beat Moonbow by 6 damage to match Fury 3's damage increase, which happens at 30 def, a very high bar.)

Not much point to being Ike if you aren't Aethering people to death, I think.

Thanx Dehnutcase I feel better now Im gona go put QR 1 Moonbow and Furry 3 on my Ike finally.  Is there any strong case to burn a 5* for QR3??  Furry just out performs all other As?  I just worry about it giving any room for surviving another engagement.  

I guess hes just not my Sol Hector who can do that kind of thing, but he can move and reposition other better after a fight.

Edited by Chromatone

39 minutes ago, Chromatone said:

So luuuky u have +atk Ike right?  Is Heavy blade activating constantly for you?  if so Aether is amazing!  Getting +Atk is so insane for him for this reason. Mine or both -atk, it makes me cry inside a little every day...

Yeah, I ain't complaining, even if Soren was the character I wanted to get from that banner since he's my fave in PoR... I'll just have to settle for a great unit with a great IV :P

-att rolls on 5* units are hell, I sympathize :( I got a -Speed Cordelia and a -Speed Jakob but that's probably not as a sad as a -Att Ike x2...

38 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Luna gives the best single fight numbers, since Ike activates it during an Attack---Counter---Attack---Counter chain. (Less 1 attack if enemy isn't fast enough to double), but the thing is... it turns Ike into just another generic distant counter user, and you even used up an A-slot for it.

Think of it like this, Fury 3 Ike with Moonbow would do better than Heavy Blade Luna Ike, due to better speed, bulk, and damage. (Luna needs to beat Moonbow by 6 damage to match Fury 3's damage increase, which happens at 30 def, a very high bar.)

Not much point to being Ike if you aren't Aethering people to death, I think.

Well, I've lost my Fury 3 to Nino already anyway :P

My only other distant counter is Adult Tiki so, there's not that much "yet another generic" to it in my case. Ike at least won't get slaughtered by Falchion users (I think even Julia one shots my -Res Tiki).

44 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

EDIT to avoid double posting: @salinea I personally favor a 3-cd skill since, with QR and Heavy Blade, he'll be able to proc those every round of combat assuming his attack is high enough for Heavy Blade to activate. 

On Ike, usually Bonfire or Draconic Aura are the best choices. Your specific Ike probably wants Draconic Aura, but even with a -Def nature, he gets more damage output out of Bonfire than Luna in most cases. So that's still an option if you don't have DA fodder. 

Not counting buffs, +Atk Ike gets 16 bonus damage from Draconic Aura, and -Def Ike gets 14 bonus damage out of Bonfire. His enemy would need 34 def or more for Luna to outdamage DA (30 for Bonfire), which is uncommon enough that I prefer DA/Bonfire, but sticking with Luna isn't a bad option necessarily. 

Ooops! Almost missed that! :) Thanks for precisions.

I think I'll stick to Luna for now, funnel the SP into the other skills in priority. Get Aether to play with it after that... and if i want him to be an arena standby, I'll go for Draconic Aura, maybe.

Edited by salinea

Does anyone have some advice for the Navarre and Robin battles on their harder difficulties?  Is it feasible to run them with both Navarre and Robin in my teams (to get the quest bonuses), or should I make two separate runs?  Also, what teams should I use?  My characters 35 and up are:

40 Eliwood 4-Star

40 M. Corrin 5-Star

40 Tharja 5-Star

40 Camilla 5-Star

40 Merric 5-Star

40 Ursula 5-Star

39 Serra 4-Star

38 F Robin 4-Star

38 Cecilia 4-Star

37 Sharena 5-Star

37 Navarre 4-Star

37 Palla 3-Star

36 Matthew 4-Star

36 Sophia 4-Star

35 Cherche 4-Star

35 Catria 4-Star

35 Fir 4-Star

35 Subaki 3-Star

35 Est 3-Star

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

So I have a question. Why does no one ever talk about the story? I dont think I have seen a single comment or thread about it accept for how fast people have beaten it. what fo you think of it, and its newest development?

Edited by TheEmblem

4 minutes ago, TheEmblem said:

So I have a question. Why does no one ever talk about the story? I dont think I have seen a single comment or thread abouy it accept for how fast people have beaten it. what fo you think of it, and its newest development?

I try, but it gets quickly swept up. I think it's common amongst games with immense competitive elements, team-building out the wazoo and a relatively short story. The only reason people talk about Pokemon's story is because it's an RPG, and RPGs have epic stories- and even then, Pokemon's leaner story in comparison to the standard RPG means that it's not done often.

Directly answering the question, I love the fact that they set up an obvious 'Masked Man is Zacharias' plot and then turned it on its heel. Shows that they're actually caring about the thing.

Guys I've been reading the past few posts since @Chromatone had a similar question to mine and after messing around with the damage calc, how viable is this Ike build with +spd/-atk boon & bane.

Ragnell

Swap

Noontime/Sol

Fury 2(since I have no one to give 3)

QR 2(same as above)

Threaten speed/atk/def

+atk Sacred seal

thoughts?

9 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I try, but it gets quickly swept up. I think it's common amongst games with immense competitive elements, team-building out the wazoo and a relatively short story. The only reason people talk about Pokemon's story is because it's an RPG, and RPGs have epic stories- and even then, Pokemon's leaner story in comparison to the standard RPG means that it's not done often.

Directly answering the question, I love the fact that they set up an obvious 'Masked Man is Zacharias' plot and then turned it on its heel. Shows that they're actually caring about the thing.

I totally agree with your statement, I do think it is swept up a little. Still people should pay attentiom especially with that twist they threw in. Like Im not expecting a grand story or anything since its mobile but its pretty good so far and Im excited too finally see the REAL zacharais.

1 hour ago, TheEmblem said:

I totally agree with your statement, I do think it is swept up a little. Still people should pay attentiom especially with that twist they threw in. Like Im not expecting a grand story or anything since its mobile but its pretty good so far and Im excited too finally see the REAL zacharais.

The new story beat isn't making me excited to see the "real" zach because I can almost guarantee that Mystery Man is zach. He's probably just possessed by the dragon or spirit mentioned in that one Xenologue that controls people of a certain bloodline. Otherwise there's no reason to hide his name earlier and have a scene where he openly tells the trio to watch out for Bruno.

It's not a twist, it's follow through on plot set up in 2 separate side chapters.

e: Double checking, my mistake, he writes a letter warning of Bruno. Regardless, he has had no reason to be coy and helpful up until now. He's zach and almost definitely either putting up the Bruno front or possessed by Bruno.

Edited by r_n

25 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...Is there a resource that lists all characters of similar classes by stats? Or is it largely manual comparisons?

Like this?

Use the arrows in the headers to change the sort criteria.

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Ah, that goes a way to helping. Not quite what I was hoping for, but I can make do.

What other information were you looking for?

1 hour ago, r_n said:

The new story beat isn't making me excited to see the "real" zach because I can almost guarantee that Mystery Man is zach. He's probably just possessed by the dragon or spirit mentioned in that one Xenologue that controls people of a certain bloodline. Otherwise there's no reason to hide his name earlier and have a scene where he openly tells the trio to watch out for Bruno.

It's not a twist, it's follow through on plot set up in 2 separate side chapters.

e: Double checking, my mistake, he writes a letter warning of Bruno. Regardless, he has had no reason to be coy and helpful up until now. He's zach and almost definitely either putting up the Bruno front or possessed by Bruno.

I could see that, but then what about the voice telling "Kiran" (Ive been guessing thats the avatars name) that hes the real zach and that he sould follow sharena and alphonse through the portal. 

6 hours ago, ScarletSylph said:

Guys I've been reading the past few posts since @Chromatone had a similar question to mine and after messing around with the damage calc, how viable is this Ike build with +spd/-atk boon & bane.

Ragnell

Swap

Noontime/Sol

Fury 2(since I have no one to give 3)

QR 2(same as above)

Threaten speed/atk/def

+atk Sacred seal

thoughts?

Heya ye i got my +spd -atk ike to lvl 40 and decked him out, he's bad ass!

Furry 3: two ok till u find a hinata to 4*  Heavy blade can still actuly work on him with an atk buffer loll i only read hb1 3 needs just 1 atk over opponent, ike even at -atk has a high stat.  But furry greatly ups his survivability ESPECIALY with our nature.  37spd means very few units double him AND it lets him get doubles on initiations, a huge upside over other Ikes!

Quick Riposte 1:  these breaker type skills get 90% of their value at first level, im sure situations come up where higher rank would make a diferance but the rest of his kit makes it not worth the feathers currently.

Threaten Speed 2 and Reposition from Selena.  Now after his initial engagement that he wins Vs all but hi dmg blues, he lowers others speed and can easily double again. Or justrepositions another unit.

Moonbow secures a few r1 kills Notably ike and Hector but sol or luna can all be useful for more powerful follow up

all in all im happy about this Nature now and i can still play with heavy blade aether for funzies later :)

Giving him Renewal and Sol with a speed boosting partner is another nice option for high sustain.

Edited by Chromatone

30 minutes ago, Chromatone said:

Heya ye i got my +spd -atk ike to lvl 40 and decked him out, he's bad ass!

Furry 3: two ok till u find a hinata to 4*  Heavy blade can still actuly work on him with an atk buffer loll i only read hb1 3 needs just 1 atk over opponent, ike even at -atk has a high stat.  But furry greatly ups his survivability ESPECIALY with our nature.  37spd means very few units double him AND it lets him get doubles on initiations, a huge upside over other Ikes!

Quick Riposte 1:  these breaker type skills get 90% of their value at first level, im sure situations come up where higher rank would make a diferance but the rest of his kit makes it not worth the feathers currently.

Threaten Speed 2 and Reposition from Selena.  Now after his initial engagement that he wins Vs all but hi dmg blues, he lowers others speed and can easily double again. Or justrepositions another unit.

Moonbow secures a few r1 kills (but sol or luna can all be useful)

all in all im happy about this Nature now and i can still play with heavy blade aether for funzies later :)

Giving him Renewal and Sol with a speed boosting partner is another nice option for high sustain.

Sweet! Glad our Ikes can still be good and use his unique HB skill even with that poor IV stat xD

Will probably use swap since I don't have anyone to give reposition right now. Got an extra navarre for the threaten spd that I can use too. 

Thanks for all the info! Now I gotta sp farm for him to get all those skills so he can become the badass that he is :D

5 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Sweet! Glad our Ikes can still be good and use his unique HB skill even with that poor IV stat xD

Will probably use swap since I don't have anyone to give reposition right now. Got an extra navarre for the threaten spd that I can use too. 

Thanks for all the info! Now I gotta sp farm for him to get all those skills so he can become the badass that he is :D

Yea threaten Speed isn't entirely necessary, Im not a huge fan of those skills in general, it just came free with Selena and it is certainly the best threaten.  Hones are the best c skills esp if u have a blade mage.  I edited the post adding this about specials:

Moonbow secures a few r1 kills Notably ike and Hector but sol or luna can all be useful for more powerful follow up

4 hours ago, r_n said:

Personally, I think they set it up so that it looks like Bruno is Zach, just so they could pull a big twist later.

Also, just curious if anyone had any advice for my previous question:

13 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Does anyone have some advice for the Navarre and Robin battles on their harder difficulties?  Is it feasible to run them with both Navarre and Robin in my teams (to get the quest bonuses), or should I make two separate runs?  Also, what teams should I use?  My characters 35 and up are:

40 Eliwood 4-Star

40 M. Corrin 5-Star

40 Tharja 5-Star

40 Camilla 5-Star

40 Merric 5-Star

40 Ursula 5-Star

39 Serra 4-Star

38 F Robin 4-Star

38 Cecilia 4-Star

37 Sharena 5-Star

37 Navarre 4-Star

37 Palla 3-Star

36 Matthew 4-Star

36 Sophia 4-Star

35 Cherche 4-Star

35 Catria 4-Star

35 Fir 4-Star

35 Subaki 3-Star

35 Est 3-Star

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

Having failed miserably to get either Ike or Ryoma this last week, I'm left to ask this question: just how useful is Distant Counter?  I ask because I've been very happy with running Eldigan in my Horse Emblem team, and I'm wondering if Xander would be better. 

Released stats(which have been slightly off in the past) has Eldigan and Xander being nearly identical stat-wise, with the big difference being their weapon special ability. I love firing off Bonfires nearly every round of combat. But is Distant Counter that much more useful?