"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Just now, Chromatone said:

See that Avatar you are using.. Dont u have her?  Tharja is a top 5 Red as she can deal with Hector and Nino with ease.  I rad a for star for ages w g tome breaker and just laughed at hectors.  

I do have her, just really bad IV rollout, been pulling hard on the event to try and get a 5 Star out of her. 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

I do have her, just really bad IV rollout, been pulling hard on the event to try and get a 5 Star out of her. 

A Ruby Sword Olivia can deal with Hector.  If you don't have amazing units, replace it with creativity.

54 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

Hector is the bigger problem, I don't have many of the top end Red Sword users. I have Roy, Eliwood, Xander, and Caeda. I'm levelling Xander and Eliwood for a Horse Emblem comp. but still don't have it built out yet.

Xander can deal with Hector perfectly well, and since he's next week's bonus unit, you would benefit a great deal from giving him the bump to 5*. He compensates for his lower Spd by taking single-digit damage from Hector. Combine that with Quick Riposte and he becomes an incredibly potent tank.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Xander can deal with Hector perfectly well, and since he's next week's bonus unit, you would benefit a great deal from giving him the bump to 5*. He compensates for his lower Spd by taking single-digit damage from Hector. Combine that with Quick Riposte and he becomes an incredibly potent tank.

Xander needs QR and an A-skill to 1RKO Hector. (If he doesn't, Hector gets Bonfire Vantage up, and that takes a decent chunk off even Xander's bulk. No one has issues with Vanilla Hector.)

Not being able to 1RKO on the offense does also matter, sometimes.

(Same with Olivia, she'll need Ruby, an A-skill, and a Moonbow proc to 1RKO hector. If Hector gets a bonfire proc, he brings Olivia to single digit hp.)

Edited by DehNutCase

10 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Xander needs QR and an A-skill to 1RKO Hector. (If he doesn't, Hector gets Bonfire Vantage up, and that takes a decent chunk off even Xander's bulk. No one has issues with Vanilla Hector.)

Not being able to 1RKO on the offense does also matter, sometimes.

True, Xander's base Atk without buffs (48) isn't enough to ORKO Hector. However, he takes single-digit damage from him to begin with, or even 0 if Xander initiates with his default Armored Blow. He also takes 1 damage from Hector with just Fury equipped and 0 damage if he's sitting on a fort tile at base. Xander is never in any danger of getting KO'd.

Since Hector is an armored unit, he is usually the last unit to be KO'd in a typical arena game, so ORKO'ing him early on is generally low on the priority list for most teams anyway.

19 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

True, Xander's base Atk without buffs (48) isn't enough to ORKO Hector. However, he takes single-digit damage from him to begin with, or even 0 if Xander initiates with his default Armored Blow. He also takes 1 damage from Hector with just Fury equipped and 0 damage if he's sitting on a fort tile at base. Xander is never in any danger of getting KO'd.

Since Hector is an armored unit, he is usually the last unit to be KO'd in a typical arena game, so ORKO'ing him early on is generally low on the priority list for most teams anyway.

Xander shouldn't initiate against Hector, since he fails to double while Hector doubles back, instantly charging Bonfire.

But I do see your point, sitting on a fort makes the match-up a lot smoother.

My main issue was just: people don't lose the 'typical arena game.' otherwise 7 wins would cost way too many swords, it's the 'worst case scenarios' that cost deaths and losses. That said, I guess Xander is reliable enough that tossing a few extra swords whenever a fight happens where he couldn't kill Hector doesn't really matter too much, since the probability is fairly low.

10 minutes ago, Friendly_Ram said:

Is my arena team any good? If not ideas for subs please

It heavily depends on Spring Camilla's build - what are you running?

6 minutes ago, Friendly_Ram said:

Is my arena team any good? If not ideas for subs please

At a glance, your team has good color distribution as well as solid enemy phase offtanks in Ike and Tiki-Adult. However, I can't give a detailed answer unless you list the natures on your team as well as the rest of your 5* units, in addition to any skill inheritance you might have access to in order to improve it.

As for potential substitutes, Nino and Julia for Spring Camilla, and Takumi and Robin for Tiki-Adult or Cordelia, stand out, however.

23 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:
23 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

At a glance, your team has good color distribution as well as solid enemy phase offtanks in Ike and Tiki-Adult. However, I can't give a detailed answer unless you list the natures on your team as well as the rest of your 5* units, in addition to any skill inheritance you might have access to in order to improve it.

As for potential substitutes, Nino and Julia for Spring Camilla, and Takumi and Robin for Tiki-Adult or Cordelia, stand out, however.

spring camilla +spd-atk
ike+spd-atk
cordelia+def-atk
tiki(A) +spd-atk
marmar +hp-atk
erika +atk-def
ryoma-spd+res
lukas -hp+atk
robin +hp-atk
raven -spd+def
julia -spd+def
nino +atk-def
takumi-hp+res
these are all the natures.

11 minutes ago, Friendly_Ram said:

just fury so far.

+spd- atk unfortunately 

So we're going to take your arena team and completely redo it:

- Ike can stay, since he's a bonus unit and all.
- For blue, use M!Robin, preferably with Triangle Adept and a Fortify skill in the C slot.
- Green should be Nino, because. . .
- . . .I see an Eir in there.  Use her!

Dual red can be a little harrowing, but Eir's job is to make Nino nuke things.

Other notes:

- Julia can also be used, in which case the last unit will be Lukas, because -Atk Cordy is asking for trouble.
- For the love of all that is good, max Swordbreaker in Ike's B slot.
- Robin will thank you if you give him Triangle Adept - even if he's -Atk (this is why you run Eir).

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

So we're going to take your arena team and completely redo it:

- Ike can stay, since he's a bonus unit and all.
- For blue, use M!Robin, preferably with Triangle Adept and a Fortify skill in the C slot.
- Green should be Nino, because. . .
- . . .I see an Eir in there.  Use her!

Dual red can be a little harrowing, but Eir's job is to make Nino nuke things.

Other notes:

- Julia can also be used, in which case the last unit will be Lukas, because -Atk Cordy is asking for trouble.
- For the love of all that is good, max Swordbreaker in Ike's B slot.
- Robin will thank you if you give him Triangle Adept - even if he's -Atk (this is why you run Eir).

gotcha just gathering the sp to actually grab swordbreaker on ike. 

1 hour ago, pianime94 said:

Using @Korath88 defense team composition finally netted my first win of the month.

Thank you.

You mean the 3 swords and a dancer team?

Welp, 8 successful defences with this setup. Most I've ever had. I'm so done.

Edited by Korath88

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

You mean the 3 swords and a dancer team?

Close, but I used 3 swords and a lancer team.

And, I just realized I posted in the wrong thread. I'm so drunk today, it seems.

Looking at my Nino's current skillset, I notice that right now, she could actually join my arena offense team as is (all she's missing to be self-sufficient is her promotion and Desperation). I'm prepared to do that, running Ryoma/Nino/Sharena/Klein, but I'm struggling to find an aura that'll help Klein help Nino.

Hone Attack: Nino herself has it. Sharena has Rally Attack, but I might swap this to Swap. I do have a 4* Corrin (F) to sacrifice. Probably most likely.
Hone Speed: Ryoma's got it. He's got the most strenuous position on the team, but I'll need to promote Matthew- and he was supposed to go to Lilina.
Fortify Defence: Sharena's got it, Klein's never getting it. I have several Fredericks to sacrifice, though.
Fortify Resistance: Only one currently not represented in the team, but I don't have any free fodder. I do have a Sophia, but she needs feathers.

Any suggestions?

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Hone Attack: Nino herself has it.

The aura has to come outside the unit to work on them. In other words, Nino's aura won't work on herself.

Azura has Fortify Res and is a dancer. You might not have her though (I don't).

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The aura has to come outside the unit to work on them. In other words, Nino's aura won't work on herself.

Azura has Fortify Res and is a dancer. You might not have her though (I don't).

I'm aware of that bit- when Blade Emblem comes out, her aura will make Lilina and Linde more powerful. Right now, putting Hone Attack on Klein and Nino seems somewhat redundant for [Ryoma] and Sharena. I do train units with Hone Attack on both Lissa and Olivia, but on an arena, I'm not so sure.

My spreadsheet lists all the potential sources of auras. Fortify Resistance shows Azura, Linde, Maria, Sophia and Soren, with Sophia being the only 4* final chain. I only possess Linde and 3* Sophia, and no way am I sacrificing Linde- the team Klein's on is a stopgap measure to a team that will include that Linde.

Heya. Got two Takumis from Hero Fest. One of them is +hp/-def and the other one is +def/-atk. Which one should I use long-term? The other one will be merged or will have the skill inherited. Thanks.

41 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Looking at my Nino's current skillset, I notice that right now, she could actually join my arena offense team as is (all she's missing to be self-sufficient is her promotion and Desperation). I'm prepared to do that, running Ryoma/Nino/Sharena/Klein, but I'm struggling to find an aura that'll help Klein help Nino.

Hone Attack: Nino herself has it. Sharena has Rally Attack, but I might swap this to Swap. I do have a 4* Corrin (F) to sacrifice. Probably most likely.
Hone Speed: Ryoma's got it. He's got the most strenuous position on the team, but I'll need to promote Matthew- and he was supposed to go to Lilina.
Fortify Defence: Sharena's got it, Klein's never getting it. I have several Fredericks to sacrifice, though.
Fortify Resistance: Only one currently not represented in the team, but I don't have any free fodder. I do have a Sophia, but she needs feathers.

Any suggestions?

I personaly have a Ryoma/Nino/Sharena core that I used for the arena, and I was quite happy with it (the only reason I run a different team is because my current one gets me higher scores and still wins). If you're gonna change Sharena's assist skill to swap then hone attack will probably help Nino out the most. A +8 to her damage is really incredible, and it will be usefull for most teams if you ever start swapping things around. If Sharena keeps rally attack it seems a bit redundant though. Nino can still do fine without the buff, so if Sharena can't spend a turn boosting her, it won't be that bad.

Giving Klein hone speed will make Ryoma even scarier, but Nino should be able to get the boost from Ryoma anyway, so it's not nececsary for her.

Considering you already have fortify defence  on Sharena, giving it to Klein seems like a waste. Fortify resistance is nice to boost Nino's attack a bit more, but she shouldn't need the resistance boost to survive hits (since she shouldn't be tanking more then one hit anyway). Hone attack gives her more damage, so it doesn't seem worth the effort.

I personaly don't like spending resources on making a temporary team just a little better, so in your case I probably  wouldn't even bother giving Klein an aura skill. Nino can still get her job done without one, and I imagine he will be replaced when Linde is build up anyway. Nino does enjoy an attack buff though, so if it doesn't feel like a waste to you, I'd go with that.

9 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I personaly have a Ryoma/Nino/Sharena core that I used for the arena, and I was quite happy with it (the only reason I run a different team is because my current one gets me higher scores and still wins). If you're gonna change Sharena's assist skill to swap then hone attack will probably help Nino out the most. A +8 to her damage is really incredible, and it will be usefull for most teams if you ever start swapping things around. If Sharena keeps rally attack it seems a bit redundant though. Nino can still do fine without the buff, so if Sharena can't spend a turn boosting her, it won't be that bad.

Giving Klein hone speed will make Ryoma even scarier, but Nino should be able to get the boost from Ryoma anyway, so it's not nececsary for her.

Considering you already have fortify defence  on Sharena, giving it to Klein seems like a waste. Fortify resistance is nice to boost Nino's attack a bit more, but she shouldn't need the resistance boost to survive hits (since she shouldn't be tanking more then one hit anyway). Hone attack gives her more damage, so it doesn't seem worth the effort.

I personaly don't like spending resources on making a temporary team just a little better, so in your case I probably  wouldn't even bother giving Klein an aura skill. Nino can still get her job done without one, and I imagine he will be replaced when Linde is build up anyway. Nino does enjoy an attack buff though, so if it doesn't feel like a waste to you, I'd go with that.

Klein is likely to remain an invaluable unit even once Lilina, Linde and Random Bonus Unit replace him. However, auras won't affect the role's he'll play then. (Actually, he might be the Random Bonus Unit if I ever use Blade Emblem outside the Arena, but that's another matter...)

I say 'temporary', but the resources required to make Blade Emblem a reality include more feathers than I've ever acquired so far playing this game, a metric crapton of SP and at least one unit I don't have yet. Klein's not going to disappear for a while- and if I make him better, I can get more feathers out of the arena and replace him sooner.

I'll go with Hone Attack. Corrin (F) does have Draconic Aura, but where I'm going, giving Specials to Lilina and Linde are the least of my worries.

2 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Is there a date right now if/when there will be a Camus GHB?

It wasn't even mentioned in the initial list. The list ends with Lloyd and late May though, so anything can change.