"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

11 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

Hello, I'm going to upgrade my Tharja ( + Spd/-Def )to 5* here, and was going to build a comp out with her. I was probably going to run Nino and Azura with her. Though who would be good to run as a fourth? I have several unit to roll out, Hector is who I was leaning towards but if you think there may be on more compatible. 

Then the other questions is, what's a good SI loadout for Tharja and Nino? 

Azura I run - Sapphie Lance +, Sing, Moonbow, Speed + 3, Wings +3, and Fortify Res+3 (thinking of switching to Hone Atk though.)

Tharja and Nino tend to have exactly the same skill set:

Spoiler

Fury 3 / Life and Death 3

Desperation 3

Hone / Spur Skill

Draw Back

Moonbow

Iceberg is fine too, but -Blade incurs a CD penalty which makes Moonbow preferable.

Hector is a great choice for your fourth unit, but I personally run 2 Blue / 1 Red / 1 Green while yours looks more like 1 Blue / 1 Red / 2 Green. He checks Takumi quite well who otherwise gives the comp a hard time because of his high Atk rating. Meanwhile, Azura should definitely switch to Hone Atk to give +8 to damage as opposed to only +4 that she would have given with Fortify Res, instead.

Hope this helps.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Tharja and Nino tend to have exactly the same skill set:

Reveal hidden contents

Fury 3 / Life and Death 3

Desperation 3

Hone / Spur Skill

Draw Back

Moonbow

Iceberg is fine too, but -Blade incurs a CD penalty which makes Moonbow preferable.

Hector is a great choice for your fourth unit, but I personally run 2 Blue / 1 Red / 1 Green while yours looks more like 1 Blue / 1 Red / 2 Green. He checks Takumi quite well who otherwise gives the comp a hard time because of his high Atk rating. Meanwhile, Azura should definitely switch to Hone Atk to give +8 to damage as opposed to only +4 that she would have given with Fortify Res, instead.

Hope this helps.

I can give Life and Death 2 or Fury 3, is there one better than the other? Is Fury better, so you ccan get Tharja into Desperation range faster?

10 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

No one can inherit Seliph's weapon, and Brash Assault is generally considered a mediocre skill overall.

Why send him home? He's a great bulky sword user with some investment. What is his nature?

Brash is actually pretty good, especially with Brave Weapons and good bulk. Bartre's Brave Axe+, Fury 3, Brash set, for example, has like 80-90 wins below half hp. Edit: 92 wins at 20 hp, Bartre has 49 max hp.

Edit: A good sign of brash being good is a character with a huge amount of draws at full hp. Desperation turns losses into wins for glass-cannons, brash turns draws into wins for slow, bulky units. This is because, if you're drawing at full, you aren't getting 2HKOd, so you aren't getting 1HKOd below half. Except brash lets you double for free, meaning you win the fight now. (Since you're slow as a brick.)

Edited by DehNutCase

On 5/17/2017 at 11:07 PM, Vaximillian said:

Hone Cavalry is Gunter’s, right? I do have some spare Gunters!

I’m a bit wary of running two reds but will sure give it a try. I mean, I used to run two reds in the beginning, and it worked pretty well.

Yep, Gunter.  Have fun~!

On 5/17/2017 at 11:16 PM, Dayni said:

The 5-star I have are M!Robin (+Att/-Res), Sprincina (+Res/-HP), Hector (Neutral), Eirika (+Def/-Spd), Hinoka (+Res/-Att),  .... Peri (+Att/-Spd) and 2 Azuras. So I have plenty of Blues.

Also, I'd tend to run an arena team of M!Robin, Clarine, Selena and Cherche. 

Looks like you're more interested in tanking as opposed to one-shotting.  The biggest issue on your team ATM is your inability to take care of an enemy Reinhardt - a properly built one will massacre you.  As completely bizarre as this will sound, Camilla.  Her boon/bane is pretty good, and she can tank blues/green mages.  M!Robin will definitely want Triangle Adept, to get rid of everything Camilla can't handle.

1 hour ago, Sleypnyr said:

I can give Life and Death 2 or Fury 3, is there one better than the other? Is Fury better, so you can get Tharja into Desperation range faster?

I prefer Fury, since it has an easier time proccing Desperation and you can carry a positioning assist with it rather than needing Ardent Sacrifice.

7 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Brash is actually pretty good, especially with Brave Weapons and good bulk. Bartre's Brave Axe+, Fury 3, Brash set, for example, has like 80-90 wins below half hp. Edit: 92 wins at 20 hp, Bartre has 49 max hp.

Brash Assault is still a bit situational at best, and it's not as popular or universally applicable a skill as much as Fury or a Hone. In general, it doesn't see a lot of use outside of Lyn, +Def Defiant Def Seliph, or sets similar to what you mentioned. Moonbow notably makes short work of it as well. It can be good, but it's not great.

25 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Brash Assault is still a bit situational at best, and it's not as popular or universally applicable a skill as much as Fury or a Hone. In general, it doesn't see a lot of use outside of Lyn, +Def Defiant Def Seliph, or sets similar to what you mentioned. Moonbow notably makes short work of it as well. It can be good, but it's not great.

Moonbow only works vs. the brave weapon variants---it doesn't activate in time against people with strong Prf weapons like Alfonse. Unless, of course, you're running a killer moonbow set for some reason, and even then it's not good, since you sacrificed 4 Atk for a faster moonbow proc. (Minerva, Michalis, and Eldigan all prefer Bonfire or DA for general use, rather than a niche counter to non-brave Brash users.)

+Def Defiant Def Seliph is a horrendous build, Brash Assault is for killing things, not for looking pretty with 50 defense or some nonsense. +Atk DB3 Seliph has 64 wins at 10 hp, 72 at 15, and 74 at 20. (This is without using a special.) Derped up, it's actually only 48 wins at 10, 58 wins at 15, 72 wins at 20.

Edited by DehNutCase

@Sleypnyr  I honestly like darting blow fine on the blade mages.  You don't sacrifice bulk like LnD and get the max amount of speed boost to ensure doubles and desperation effectiveness.  With buffs they have basically the same kill spread, its certainly a great budget option and is certainly the last skill to replace on a Tharja.

Edited by Chromatone

Should I spend the 20 orbs I got? I already have Ninian and Raven from the defeating Llyod banner. Nothing really interests me in the other banner. Is there any information on the future banners other than the June Bride Banner? 

31 minutes ago, Mimikyu said:

Should I spend the 20 orbs I got? I already have Ninian and Raven from the defeating Llyod banner. Nothing really interests me in the other banner. Is there any information on the future banners other than the June Bride Banner? 

Its soooo sooo hard to save orbs but now that I have a lot of solid hero options I'm up to 100. Gota say the Echoes hero design were mostly all fail.  Save save save for new banner with something new you really want and it will be worth it.  There are a lot of things this game is missing: Mounted Archers even the enemy has them wtf?!  Flying heroes are also all melee save one wacky Camilla.  I want flying Queen Elincia Healer or a singing flying Heron!  Laguuz or other beasts stone users?  They could be colorless melee.  The game is still pretty young and now I'm in hoard mode till I see something new and exiting...

Edited by Chromatone

58 minutes ago, eclipse said:

a properly built one will massacre you.

That would be about right. I mean, my best best is essentially hope to get Cherche in range, and M!Robin in player phase can still do damage to possibly finish Reinhardt if needed. (At least M!Robin can do something against Reinhardt, unlike Linde..... I still am afraid of Linde)

Camilla does make a lot of sense, but can I assume that she and M!Robin can take out Effie in 1 round?

Also, stupid as it sounds, M!Robin with Defiant speed helps a lot, and with a healer it does reduce the impact of attacks against him, and 36 speed is very useful, even for a turn.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

That would be about right. I mean, my best best is essentially hope to get Cherche in range, and M!Robin in player phase can still do damage to possibly finish Reinhardt if needed. (At least M!Robin can do something against Reinhardt, unlike Linde..... I still am afraid of Linde)

Camilla does make a lot of sense, but can I assume that she and M!Robin can take out Effie in 1 round?

Also, stupid as it sounds, M!Robin with Defiant speed helps a lot, and with a healer it does reduce the impact of attacks against him, and 36 speed is very useful, even for a turn.

Put Shove on Camilla, and that should give Robin two turns at Effie - assuming you didn't paint yourself into a corner!  Gut tells me that it's doable in one turn, and even if it isn't, Effie can't ORKO Camilla from full.

Just pulled a +Spd/-Def Celica and not sure if I should switch out Tharja for her??

Ragnarok seems like a really good tome, but is it really better than blade tome? Especially after the new secret seals which made blade tomes even more powerful :/ What do you guys think?

1 hour ago, TearingShadows said:

Decided to gold raigh but upon training him to 40 as a silver found out he's +spd-res not -hp

Is raourblade+ Darting blow moonbow a good set for him? Don't know what to run for B-skill and don't have sword breaker tho

I'll assume that you're going for ORKOs.  Perhaps R Tomebreaker?

1 hour ago, Magnux7 said:

Just pulled a +Spd/-Def Celica and not sure if I should switch out Tharja for her??

Ragnarok seems like a really good tome, but is it really better than blade tome? Especially after the new secret seals which made blade tomes even more powerful :/ What do you guys think?

It depends on the rest of your team!

1 hour ago, Magnux7 said:

I wouldn't say Celica is as good as -blade tome user. Her Ragnorak buff only lasts if she's at full health. But with +SPD, that's 36 SPD. And Ragnorak will put her at 41. If you give her skill like Fury, LaD, SPD+3, Swift Sparrow etc, she'll be even faster AND stronger. Neutral ATK is 46 and 51 with Ragnorak. IDK what nature your Tharja is. But she'll be pretty much the same with +ATK or +SPD. The thing with Celica is, if you're going to be using her long term, she needs either a healer or Renewal. I haven't been using either, so I just make the battles quick. Tharja is a good unit on her own, but will likely need a team built around her to reach her maximum potential. 

If you have a great team that can function in battle while buffing Tharja, go with her. Otherwise, Celica is a fabulous choice. Both are great characters, but the don't fulfill the same role. I prefer Celica myself because I'm incredibly biased. XD I really love her art..........

Should I get rid of my 4* Beruka? Her IV is +RES/-HP (at least I think it is, I didn't look at a IV calculator when I summoned her), if that means anything. I wanted to give her chance but so far Beruka can barely scratch anything that isn't a blue unit.

I mean, other then Bunny Spring!Chrom and Raven, Beruka is the only other Green unit and the only filer unit I have but leveling her is a pain (and I don't want to waste my crystals on her) and I don't think I can really do anything with her other then make her into feathers or have her give Night Sky/Glimmer and/or the Killer Axe to someone.

Also, should I make Jeorge or Effie into a 5*? Jeorge's IV is +HP/-ATK while Effie's IV is +ATK/-HP (at least I believe they are, I don't really remember off hand) if that means anything.

38 minutes ago, December Knight said:

Should I get rid of my 4* Beruka? Her IV is +RES/-HP (at least I think it is, I didn't look at a IV calculator when I summoned her), if that means anything. I wanted to give her chance but so far Beruka can barely scratch anything that isn't a blue unit.

>Killer Ax Fodder

>Feathers

Pick one!

39 minutes ago, December Knight said:

Also, should I make Jeorge or Effie into a 5*? Jeorge's IV is +HP/-ATK while Effie's IV is +ATK/-HP (at least I believe they are, I don't really remember off hand) if that means anything.

+Atk Effie HANDS DOWN

I could go into detail, but lets keep it simple:

43 Base attack at 5 stars is OP

3 hours ago, Magnux7 said:

Ragnarok is Celica's niche, but she does better overall with -Blade, since the Atk buff it provides isn't dependent on HP uptime. TurboTax on the other hand only gives its buff once, practically speaking, since running a healer isn't ideal in the grand scheme of team-building. Renewal provides too little healing too slowly to offer multiple Ragnarok procs by itself in a given Arena match.

That said, Tharja already does -Blade better, since she and Celica have the same Atk base while Tharja has a +1 Spd lead. What nature is your Tharja?

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

>Killer Ax Fodder

Does anybody even want a killer axe? Michalis and Minerva already have their superior version, Sheena comes with one, Frederick is better off with a brave axe (as is Bartre), ditto for Cherche, Hector has his Prf. The killer axe is up for grabs and nobody wants it. The killer axe cries in the corner. Poor killer axe.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Does anybody even want a killer axe? Michalis and Minerva already have their superior version, Sheena comes with one, Frederick is better off with a brave axe (as is Bartre), ditto for Cherche, Hector has his Prf. The killer axe is up for grabs and nobody wants it. The killer axe cries in the corner. Poor killer axe.

There's an extremely stupid Raven build I want to try.

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

There's an extremely stupid Raven build I want to try.

Mind sharing? If memory serves, it's Beruka's only really interesting skill to inherit (Glimmer, some Defiant and Lunge?)

23 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Well anyone can always do the old QR + Killer weapon strat so that's one thing I guess

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

Mind sharing? If memory serves, it's Beruka's only really interesting skill to inherit (Glimmer, some Defiant and Lunge?)

I'd need a +Spd Raven for this, but it would be something like Killer Axe/Moonbow/Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid/Defiant Atk/Desperation/something.  He should be able to tank something to get into Desperation/Defiant Atk range.  From there, he should double a good chunk of the game (on either phase) thanks to 38 Spd.  There's a bunch of other variants, like Fury instead of Defiant Atk, Defiant Spd to ensure that he doubles everyone not named Lon'qu, and Moonbow will proc every time he attacks (assuming he doubles).

Dumb? Yep.  Funny? I think so~!

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'd need a +Spd Raven for this, but it would be something like Killer Axe/Moonbow/Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid/Defiant Atk/Desperation/something.  He should be able to tank something to get into Desperation/Defiant Atk range.  From there, he should double a good chunk of the game (on either phase) thanks to 38 Spd.  There's a bunch of other variants, like Fury instead of Defiant Atk, Defiant Spd to ensure that he doubles everyone not named Lon'qu, and Moonbow will proc every time he attacks (assuming he doubles).

Dumb? Yep.  Funny? I think so~!

Ah. My Raven's +Res, so I'm probably not going to be able to mimic it unless I get a different one.

Weird: I normally get +Spd on my Braves. Of my 4 3* Donnels, 3 were +Spd (the other was the neutral one from the quest), and even my Klein is +Spd!

My current team is Ryoma, Effie, Nino, and Reinhardt. Since there is a Ninian banner currently, I was just wondering if it would be better for my team to replace Effie for Ninian. I've heard that dancers make teams exponentially better, especially ones with hyper offense units like Ryoma, Nino, and Reinhardt. Although this move would sacrifice Effie's bulk and power, making my team less balanced and more vulnerable on enemy phase, I feel that Ninian along with Reinhardt's Reposition should keep me safe to the point where I don't need a dedicated wall. Thoughts?

Edited by StarBit8