"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

So, I haven't bought orbs in a while, but I found out today that they upped the prices for orbs for Europeans 75 orbs used to be €39,99 and is now €43,99. Anything similar in other countries?

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Birdy said:

So, I haven't bought orbs in a while, but I found out today that they upped the prices for orbs for Europeans 75 orbs used to be €39,99 and is now €43,99. Anything similar in other countries?

Reeealy?! no change in USD and the Euro is even up.  They are such a rip off already, especially with the low drop rates.  Nothing is more painful than blowing 75$ and getting bunch of 3* and maybe one trash random 5*.  I really think the laws need to be much stronger on all this gatcha gambling garbage!

6 minutes ago, Chromatone said:

Reeealy?! no change in USD and the Euro is even up.  They are such a rip off already, especially with the low drop rates.  Nothing is more painful than blowing 75$ and getting bunch of 3* and maybe one trash random 5*.  I really think the laws need to be much stronger on all this gatcha gambling garbage!

I think it was because buying 75 orbs for €39,99 was actually BETTER than buying 140 orbs for €79,99, so they changed the pricing. Maybe should have made the 140 orb price cheaper though instead of making the 75 orb price more expensive...

P.s. Actually, now that I think about it, I believe the orb price for 140 orbs used to be €74,99... so they made both more expensive...

Edited by Birdy

23 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I wouldn't say Celica is as good as -blade tome user. Her Ragnorak buff only lasts if she's at full health. But with +SPD, that's 36 SPD. And Ragnorak will put her at 41. If you give her skill like Fury, LaD, SPD+3, Swift Sparrow etc, she'll be even faster AND stronger. Neutral ATK is 46 and 51 with Ragnorak. IDK what nature your Tharja is. But she'll be pretty much the same with +ATK or +SPD. The thing with Celica is, if you're going to be using her long term, she needs either a healer or Renewal. I haven't been using either, so I just make the battles quick. Tharja is a good unit on her own, but will likely need a team built around her to reach her maximum potential. 

If you have a great team that can function in battle while buffing Tharja, go with her. Otherwise, Celica is a fabulous choice. Both are great characters, but the don't fulfill the same role. I prefer Celica myself because I'm incredibly biased. XD I really love her art..........

21 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Ragnarok is Celica's niche, but she does better overall with -Blade, since the Atk buff it provides isn't dependent on HP uptime. TurboTax on the other hand only gives its buff once, practically speaking, since running a healer isn't ideal in the grand scheme of team-building. Renewal provides too little healing too slowly to offer multiple Ragnarok procs by itself in a given Arena match.

That said, Tharja already does -Blade better, since she and Celica have the same Atk base while Tharja has a +1 Spd lead. What nature is your Tharja?

I'm currently running Ephraim to give my Tharja 4 buffs at once. She practically nukes everything that's not a blue unit xD I'm really interested in trying Celica though, since I love her art as well.. 

My Tharja is also +Spd/-Def, soo yeah. Don't see the point in using Celica with a blade tome if she essentially becomes a Tharja with 1 less speed :P

Edited by Magnux7

4 minutes ago, Magnux7 said:

I'm currently running Ephraim to give my Tharja 4 buffs at once. She practically nukes everything that's not a blue unit xD I'm really interested in trying Celica though, since I love her art as well.. 

My Tharja is also +Spd/-Def, soo yeah. Don't see the point in using Celica with a blade tome if she essentially becomes a Tharja with 1 less speed :P

Honestly, I just use characters because I like them. Like Merric for example. He's not better than Julia or Nino. He's probably not even as good as those two without a lot of work put into him, but he was one of my first favorite characters from the series. I say use Celica. See if you like her game play and whatnot. I've enjoyed using her. However, I don't have Tharja to compare her with. XD

15 minutes ago, Magnux7 said:

I'm really interested in trying Celica though, since I love her art as well.. 

Celica's main thing is that she doesn't need buffs to have firepower, so she's easier to tack onto a team. Tharja does much better with a buffing ally, especially now that the Fortify Res Seal has been released, but Celica can destroy everything by herself. If you inherit Draconic Aura and have her fight a 2-range/Distant Counter unit, doubling and killing will charge up DA instantly, and you get quite a strong delete button on things even though Ragnarok isn't active.

17 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Celica's main thing is that she doesn't need buffs to have firepower, so she's easier to tack onto a team. Tharja does much better with a buffing ally, especially now that the Fortify Res Seal has been released, but Celica can destroy everything by herself. If you inherit Draconic Aura and have her fight a 2-range/Distant Counter unit, doubling and killing will charge up DA instantly, and you get quite a strong delete button on things even though Ragnarok isn't active.

She seems very strong as a solo unit, indeed. And her art is soo pretty! *-* 

Will have to try her in a different team composition and see how she plays. Might be easier to use since buffing isn't necessary. 

I have a feeling Tharja is overall a bit stronger, but that's probably because blade tomes are so broken right now.

Edited by Magnux7

I just finally decided to 5* my Cecilia (+SPD, -RES), her RES is still decent for Glacies to do the hurting.

Going for Gronnraven+ first so she can finally lay down the smackdown then Hone Cavalry and then her inherited Triangle Adept. Can't wait to finally throw her at all the Archers in the arena and just delete them. XD

1 hour ago, Magnux7 said:

She seems very strong as a solo unit, indeed. And her art is soo pretty! *-* 

Will have to try her in a different team composition and see how she plays. Might be easier to use since buffing isn't necessary. 

I have a feeling Tharja is overall a bit stronger, but that's probably because blade tomes are so broken right now.

Celica is quite a ways more self-sufficient compared to Tharja, but both are very good regardless.

Since you're likely going to stick with default Ragnarok--which I'd recommend--Fury is a nice A passive to replace Distant Defense. With both it and Ragnarok's recoil, she can have Desperation ready after a single round of combat.

Life and Death and Swift Sparrow exist and are better overall, but the former is expensive to inherit and the latter is on an event-exclusive unit, which you're even less likely to have (unless you do?)

Edited by MrSmokestack

18 minutes ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

Is there any info wether anna alfonse and sharena will be ongoing bonus charcters in the arena?

I intend to be mostly f2p and been thinking about upgrading them to 5* with time...

No official info, rather an assumprion/extrapolation based on what we’ve already seen.
The Askran Trio has consistently rotated for a while now.

22 minutes ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

Is there any info wether anna alfonse and sharena will be ongoing bonus charcters in the arena?

I intend to be mostly f2p and been thinking about upgrading them to 5* with time...

If you are going to upgrade them, do it in this order:

Sharena, Anna, Alfonse

Simply because of how useful each one of them seem to be, especially for free to players like me and you. I am keeping my Alfonse at 4 stars because he doesn't seem to be worth my time, Anna and Sharena are both getting promoted though. 

I'm wondering, has anyone found a certain formula for how Arena points are being calculated? We know it's a combination of stars, level, merge levels, skills and base stats, but does anyone know how much point increase you'll get from switching from a 200SP special to a 500SP special (Bonfire > Aether for example)? Also, I don't take think this should be the case, but since inheritable skill costs 1.5x more SP, would having non-inheritable skills of 200SP bring less points than the same skill, but inherited, at 300SP? I'm just wondering since I think the competition at Tier 18 will probably become quite hectic...

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

If you are going to upgrade them, do it in this order:

Sharena, Anna, Alfonse

Simply because of how useful each one of them seem to be, especially for free to players like me and you. I am keeping my Alfonse at 4 stars because he doesn't seem to be worth my time, Anna and Sharena are both getting promoted though. 

@Jedrus Lilac Sharena is blue Barst, Anna is green Lon'qu, and Alfonse is Chrom. They're all pretty good at killing their advantage color, and do decently vs. their own color---Sharena has a larger advantage color pool since red's the largest color, but if you have, say, a Cordelia or a Rein then her value drops a lot. Who's best will depend more on the rest of your box than the units themselves, since they're all serviceable.

should I make roy, palla, or m!corrin 5 star?

I can't decide because I love palla and I think she's cute

and also I love roy and he's cute

but then there's m!corrin who I've been putting off his promotion since release date because I keep getting units I like more

can someone decide 4 me

35 minutes ago, claire said:

should I make roy, palla, or m!corrin 5 star?

I can't decide because I love palla and I think she's cute

and also I love roy and he's cute

but then there's m!corrin who I've been putting off his promotion since release date because I keep getting units I like more

can someone decide 4 me

This is how I usually reason my promotions: 
1.) Is there a chance I might pull this character at 5 stars?
2.) Is there anyone else that can fill the spot of this character on my team? 
3.) Will this character gain worthwhile skills? 
4.) Do I just love this character or naw? 

Palla cannot be pulled at 5 stars unless there's a special banner, so you don't have to worry about promoting her and then pulling her. She gains access to a slightly stronger weapon, Ruby Sword+ as well as Wings of Mercy 3 which is a super fun skill. She's also one of two red sword fliers (the other being Caeda), so she's very useful for a flying team. 

Roy can be pulled at 5 stars, but he gets access to a legendary weapon when promoted, Blazing Blade. And he gets Seal DEF 3. He's an infantry red sword user and fairly common.  He doesn't have any one stat that really sticks out. And balanced stats can be a good or bad thing depending on how you like to play. Right now, he's an Arena bonus unit, so you could use him in the Arena for one more week!

Corrin can be pulled at 5 stars, but he gets a legendary weapon, Yato. He also gets access to Obstruct 3 which is kind of an...okay skill. I don't see many people using it at all. He's a bit like Roy but a bit faster and a bit stronger, so he fits a bit better with the current meta. Once again, he's an infantry sword user, so fairly common as far as units go. 

When I promote characters, I usually only go for characters that can't be pulled at 5 stars. I had been thinking about promoting my Jeorge (because I love him), and lo and behold, I pulled one at 5 stars! Palla doesn't gain much through promotion, but I'm fond of using her myself. Corrin's not a bad choice either. Yato is pretty neat! XD I'm not good at choices myself, but I'd go with either Palla or Corrin.

I've been fiddling with my Blade Emblem section of my spreadsheet, and I noticed that, with the level ups Nino will get when she promotes, she'll have a surplus of SP afterwards. Not a whole lot of one, but I'm starting to think... I have an F!Corrin to give her Hone Attack 3, as well as potentially upgrading her special from Moonbow to Draconic Aura. Is there any reason for/against doing so (the latter moreso than the former)?

My team right now is Ryoma, Effie, Nino, and a bonus unit for arena/Reinhardt when on PvE. I just saw the new Azura banner and was wondering if I should spend my orbs on her, then replace Effie if I get her. Would this make my team better or worse?

30 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I've been fiddling with my Blade Emblem section of my spreadsheet, and I noticed that, with the level ups Nino will get when she promotes, she'll have a surplus of SP afterwards. Not a whole lot of one, but I'm starting to think... I have an F!Corrin to give her Hone Attack 3, as well as potentially upgrading her special from Moonbow to Draconic Aura. Is there any reason for/against doing so (the latter moreso than the former)?

Doesn't Nino get Hone attack naturally? Draconic Aura will pretty much always do more damage then Moonbow, but takes longer to charge up. I did some calcs, and as long as she has a speed and attack buff, she'll destroy any non red unit with moonbow and the majority of red units (assuming fury 3 and a neutral nature). Without either buff, some units of other colors start to survive, most notably Effie (any buff and draconic aura kills Effie, while moonbow needs three buffs or attack and another one).

Basicly, draconic aura gives more kills when it activates, but moonbow activates more often and still kills quite a lot. I'd pick moonbow, but both have their ups and downs, so whatever you prefer really.

16 minutes ago, StarBit8 said:

My team right now is Ryoma, Effie, Nino, and a bonus unit for arena/Reinhardt when on PvE. I just saw the new Azura banner and was wondering if I should spend my orbs on her, then replace Effie if I get her. Would this make my team better or worse?

Azura can destroy red units just fine and she goes quite well with Nino and Reinhard (all dancers do, really), so your team will defenitly benefit from having her. I think she'll outperform Effie, but both are quite good, so you don't need to replace her if you don't want to.

Also, a quick question myself: I recently promoted Alfonse to 5-star so he can serve as a bonus unit, but I'm not quite sure about what I want skill I want for his b-slot. He's currently completly vanilla apart from also having reposition btw, and my current arena team would be Alphonse, Reinhard, Hector and Ryoma.

The options I'm currently considering are vantage 3, axe breaker 3 and quick reposte 2. Anyone have any advice?

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Doesn't Nino get Hone attack naturally? Draconic Aura will pretty much always do more damage then Moonbow, but takes longer to charge up. I did some calcs, and as long as she has a speed and attack buff, she'll destroy any non red unit with moonbow and the majority of red units (assuming fury 3 and a neutral nature). Without either buff, some units of other colors start to survive, most notably Effie (any buff and draconic aura kills Effie, while moonbow needs three buffs or attack and another one).

Basicly, draconic aura gives more kills when it activates, but moonbow activates more often and still kills quite a lot. I'd pick moonbow, but both have their ups and downs, so whatever you prefer really.

Nino gets Hone Attack 3 at 5* rarity. Giving her Hone Attack 3 before I promote her is just a time-saving measure, as well as doing something with the spare skill slot for inheriting Draconic Aura. She'll also get the skill when I promote her, but this inheritance method does it faster.

This Nino's also getting paired with Linde for reds. Honestly, the Effie thing is the most encouraging- killing blues is Nino's job, and her not doing so good at it is a problem, much like Lilina and Hector.

But in the end, it's mostly because Draconic Aura is something to spend the spare SP Nino's gotten. Lilina and Linde have no real special (they know specials, but without trying to teach them, they still need over 900 SP on other skills), and I'm fairly sure that'll hardly matter.

A couple.

1. I have 2 5* Takumi's. One is +HP, -DEF. The other I just got is +SPD, -DEF. Which one do I keep? With the DEF bane the HP probably helps survivability a bit, but Speed is probably my favorite stat.

2. Whichever Takumi I keep, should I merge the other into him for +1 or give that close counter to someone? Who really wants CC?

3. Which Marth? (4* btw). +ATK/-DEF or +SPD/-RES?

4. What are the differences between Brash Assault and Desperation? For example, Lyn's Sol Katti gives Desperation but people give her Brash Assault anyway which going by the definitions, seems redundant to me.

"Unit automatically makes a follow-up when at HP ≤ 50% and attacking a foe that can counter." and "If wielder initiates attack at HP ≤ 50%, any follow-up occurs immediately."

By definition it seems like Desperation is "If you initiate and you're going to double, you double and both hits occur in succession." Whereas Brash Assault appears to  be "if you're at half health and initiate, they retaliate, and if you survive, you attack a second time even if you wouldn't normally double."

4x. An extension of the previous question, but what is the point of Brash Assault on Lyn, who would likely double 90% of her opponents anyways, and who after hitting 50%, would never want to be hit anyway?

Edited by Zeo

14 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I need to wait for the next season to get the Arena Rewards?

I think it usually takes half an hour or so before the rewards are available. I just picked mine up a minute or two ago.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think it usually takes half an hour or so before the rewards are available. I just picked mine up a minute or two ago.

Oh! It happened exactly like you say, thanks for the information :D

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

4. What are the differences between Brash Assault and Desperation? For example, Lyn's Sol Katti gives Desperation but people give her Brash Assault anyway which going by the definitions, seems redundant to me.

"Unit automatically makes a follow-up when at HP ≤ 50% and attacking a foe that can counter." and "If wielder initiates attack at HP ≤ 50%, any follow-up occurs immediately."

By definition it seems like Desperation is "If you initiate and you're going to double, you double and both hits occur in succession." Whereas Brash Assault appears to  be "if you're at half health and initiate, they retaliate, and if you survive, you attack a second time even if you wouldn't normally double."

4x. An extension of the previous question, but what is the point of Brash Assault on Lyn, who would likely double 90% of her opponents anyways, and who after hitting 50%, would never want to be hit anyway?

Brash Assault grants a double, Quick Riposte style. Desperation moves a double to be before the enemy's move.

In essence, with Brash Assault active, Lyn will double-strike any enemy without a speed check. Desperation lets this double strike happen before the enemy can counter and probably kill her.