"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

41 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I see, I see.

+Def/-Spd Bride Lyn hits 26 Def and 31 Spd; +Spd/-Res Lyn hits 37 Spd and 21 Res.

With +HP, Charlotte hits 49 HP. With -Spd, she hits 29 Spd; with -Def, 21 Def.

Would like some second opinions.

For Lyn, I'd say go +SPD -RES. 37 SPD is really nice. (Basically nothing will double her if you give her a SPD+3.) It makes her one of the speedier healers which will keep her from getting doubled. Personally, I don't find DEF super useful on healers. I think it's better to avoid getting doubled. 23 DEF and 21 RES isn't fabulous, but depending on who's attacking, if she gets stuck, and she HAS to take a hit, at least she won't have to take two. 

For Charlotte, I'd go with -DEF. Charlotte has so-so SPD, so neutral SPD keeps her in a comfortable place that will keep her from getting doubled sometimes. -DEF makes her kind of squishy which sucks, but she's not that bulky to begin with. ....aside from that massive HP pool. Like dang. 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need advice.got back to 22k feathers.

Got a -atk Rein (with extra skills and all)and recently pulled 4* a +spd (neutral) atk. Should I Upgrade and merge?

or

5* +def/-HP Lukas, +Def/-HP Nowi, 

Curent 5* units for referense. I'd love to have a good archer but I only ever got a bad naturered Gordin, Setsuna and Niles ;-;

2 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

For Lyn, I'd say go +SPD -RES. 37 SPD is really nice. (Basically nothing will double her if you give her a SPD+3.) It makes her one of the speedier healers which will keep her from getting doubled. Personally, I don't find DEF super useful on healers. I think it's better to avoid getting doubled. 23 DEF and 21 RES isn't fabulous, but depending on who's attacking, if she gets stuck, and she HAS to take a hit, at least she won't have to take two. 

For Charlotte, I'd go with -DEF. Charlotte has so-so SPD, so neutral SPD keeps her in a comfortable place that will keep her from getting doubled sometimes. -DEF makes her kind of squishy which sucks, but she's not that bulky to begin with. ....aside from that massive HP pool. Like dang. 

@Roflolxp54 Seconding this. Spd is the most important defensive stat since avoiding the double is crucial. Also, Charlotte's +HP roll also benefits her Spd should you keep her default A for a free +6 Spd.

So +Spd -Res Lyn and +HP -Def Charlotte.

1 hour ago, Chelone said:

I need advice.got back to 22k feathers.

Got a -atk Rein (with extra skills and all)and recently pulled 4* a +spd (neutral) atk. Should I Upgrade and merge?

or

5* +def/-HP Lukas, +Def/-HP Nowi, 

Curent 5* units for referense. I'd love to have a good archer but I only ever got a bad naturered Gordin, Setsuna and Niles ;-;

Considering how you already have some pretty good blue units, and Effie is a good enough tank, I think getting one of the best blue units to +1 will help you more then promoting yet another (good) blue unit. Rein not being -atk will also make him a lot better, although +spd isn't going to do much for him outside of cavalry teams (but you already have Xander at 5* and Camus is coming soon, so who knows).

Of course, if you don't care to much about getting into tier 19/20 of the arena and like trying out different units, Nowi or Lukas should get the promotion :P.

On the matter of archers, you could try pulling bride Cordelia, who apperently has the best stat distribution out of all archers. And if all else fails, there's always Virion...

2 hours ago, Bartozio said:

On the matter of archers, you could try pulling bride Cordelia, who apperently has the best stat distribution out of all archers. And if all else fails, there's always Virion...

Thanks! Went for +1 Rein for now.

Not sure how much I NEED a good archer. But I do know thats the one I'm actually missing. Might still give Cordelia a go but I'm too scared for another Lyn haha.

Also I think I have almost 10 Virion...

40 minutes ago, Chelone said:

Thanks! Went for +1 Rein for now.

Not sure how much I NEED a good archer. But I do know thats the one I'm actually missing. Might still give Cordelia a go but I'm too scared for another Lyn haha.

Also I think I have almost 10 Virion...

If you get another Lyn and you don't want her, send her home so someone else can pull her.

I'm trying to do the win 15 matches with 4 fliers. I can see why flying emblem isn't a thing. I have Minerva, Michaelis, Cordelia and Caede. Caede is worthless a red unit and she hasn't been able to kill a single green, only using her as I got a 5 star version. The pain...i have like 10 wins but may have to blow all my stam pots to get the rest. 

24 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

I'm trying to do the win 15 matches with 4 fliers. I can see why flying emblem isn't a thing. I have Minerva, Michaelis, Cordelia and Caede. Caede is worthless a red unit and she hasn't been able to kill a single green, only using her as I got a 5 star version. The pain...i have like 10 wins but may have to blow all my stam pots to get the rest. 

Flier Emblem is very much a thing because fliers have the same base stats as infantry but have access to movement type buffs. You're just missing the strongest parts of it (Hone Fliers and/or Spring Camilla).

Assuming default skills, Palla is also better than Caeda as a red flier.

19 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

Thoughts on +Def/-Res Hector?

He gets the job done! My Hector is +DEF -RES. He's kind of fragile around mages anyway, so he shouldn't be touching them with a 14 foot pole...(unless he has first attack/Vantage and can ORKO them). Set him on a defensive tile and he REALLY gets stuff done. He's basically a wall. 

8 hours ago, Bartozio said:

decided to ~waste~ my last 50 orbs in hopes for cordelia... it gave me a 5* Azura (have her already, she was -spd, new one is +spd) so I'm going to merge.

a -atk Kagero (didnt have her yet)

a -speed Rebecca (new archer with a terrible nature!)

a +atk/-speed Gordin (is he any good to 5* or better to wait for a better archer someday?)

5 minutes ago, Chelone said:

+atk/-speed Gordin (is he any good to 5* or better to wait for a better archer someday?)

+Atk is always welcome, and Gordin won't mind the bane since his Spd is poor already. If you don't have any other archers you can bump, he'll make the most of it.

5 minutes ago, Chelone said:

decided to ~waste~ my last 50 orbs in hopes for cordelia... it gave me a 5* Azura (have her already, she was -spd, new one is +spd) so I'm going to merge.

a -atk Kagero (didnt have her yet)

a -speed Rebecca (new archer with a terrible nature!)

a +atk/-speed Gordin (is he any good to 5* or better to wait for a better archer someday?)

Gordin has some damn good physical bulk. That said, there's... usually not much need for an archer to have physical bulk. His Atk is decent at 31 base (same as Virion and Klein), but his speed means that his offenses will never be as good as other archers.

@DehNutCase @MrSmokestack Gordin still better than the Rebecca I just got? From what I can see she NEEDS the speed. I'm not even sure if I should worry about a archer... I think I've got everything else covered and I was never in need for a archer (yet). would just be nice to get a good one for once :P

Just now, Chelone said:

@DehNutCase @MrSmokestack Gordin still better than the Rebecca I just got? From what I can see she NEEDS the speed. I'm not even sure if I should worry about a archer... I think I've got everything else covered and I was never in need for a archer (yet). would just be nice to get a good one for once :P

Gordin has two advantages over Rebecca:

His Atk isn't crap.

He starts with Brave Bow.

This means, unless you actually inherit crap onto Rebecca, he should be better for general use. (Don't inherit stuff onto Rebecca.)

I got Bride Cordelia. She's +ATK/-HP. Is it a better investment to slap Close Counter on her and use her instead of Takumi? The two I have are +HP/-DEF and +SPD/-DEF. Would a merged Takumi be better or is she just the superior choice?

Edited by Zeo

I hate that I caved, 60 Orbs and my net was:

5*   -    Azura (+SPD, -ATK)    Clair (+RES, -HP)

4*   -   Lilina, Cain, Lachesis, Lon'qu    as well as several 3 stars.

I really was hoping for Cordelia, just cause mmm those stats but I could have pulled worse. But I was wondering if anybody knows if I should merge my two Azuras (Both have same IVs) or if I should wait until I get one with a better spread?

12 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I got Bride Cordelia. She's +ATK/-HP. Is it a better investment to slap Close Counter on her and use her instead of Takumi? The two I have are +HP/-DEF and +SPD/-DEF. Would a merged Takumi be better or is she just the superior choice?

Bride Cordelia is substantially more frail than Takumi. Death Blow or Life and Death work better as her A Passive, along with a Brave Bow if you're willing to spare no expense. Either hold off on using him as Close Counter fodder or just merge them if you want to use him over Cordelia. Cordelia does have the better offense between the two however.

8 minutes ago, BrokenGrace said:

But I was wondering if anybody knows if I should merge my two Azuras (Both have same IVs) or if I should wait until I get one with a better spread?

No reason not to merge your two Azuras together, since you can merge them into any Azura you get in the future and retain your merge level.

In other words, if you merge your two Azuras and get an Azura +1, you can merge that into another Azura with a better nature as the base and get an Azura +2.

Also, training up your Azuras and having them learn their skills saves you time and SP later, since any skills that have already been learned with SP, including inherited skills, between the two will pool if you merge them together.

Edited by MrSmokestack

What should I do with a +Atk/-Spd B. Cordelia? Feel like Brave Bow set won't work as well, though Klein still manages to pull it off with -4Atk/+1Spd as a player phase nuke. Can't go for a Quad build anyway, though I'm going to try for another one to see if I can get a better nature.

42 minutes ago, AuraGuardianR said:

What should I do with a +Atk/-Spd B. Cordelia? Feel like Brave Bow set won't work as well, though Klein still manages to pull it off with -4Atk/+1Spd as a player phase nuke. Can't go for a Quad build anyway, though I'm going to try for another one to see if I can get a better nature.

You have two options:

1. Do more pulls, and hope that you get a better one.  If you are absolutely convinced that you can pull a better boon/bane, then build her as if you already pulled the better one.  That way, you can start working on skills, and once you do pull something better, you can merge them.

2. Work with what you've got, and give her Klein's main set (Brave Bow/Death Blow).  With the Spd +1 seal, she'll be Klein with more power behind her bowstring.