"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

What's a good setup for a defense team? I managed to squeeze one defense win with an all lance team last season (Lukas/Catria/Hinoka/Abel) but it's not working out this time and the season's almost over.

I've tried the same lance team, swapping out Abel with M!Robin and also running Lukas/Hinoka/B!Caeda/M!Robin but that hasn't got me a single win either.

What's the ideal setup? All blue? all Red? All Green? I have 2 Takumi's, A Nino and Soren, not many other strong greens though, I just don't want to miss out on those 900 feathers.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Zeo said:

What's a good setup for a defense team? I managed to squeeze one defense win with an all lance team last season (Lukas/Catria/Hinoka/Abel) but it's not working out this time and the season's almost over.

I've tried the same lance team, swapping out Abel with M!Robin and also running Lukas/Hinoka/B!Caeda/M!Robin but that hasn't got me a single win either.

What's the ideal setup? All blue? all Red? All Green? I have 2 Takumi's, A Nino and Soren, not many other strong greens though, I just don't want to miss out on those 900 feathers.

It's hard to give good advice for Defense since we can't actually see what the AI is doing, but here are some general pointers:

1) Dancers

I cannot express how many times an enemy dancer has screwed me over in Arena. It's difficult to always account for the extra range they give units, especially dangerous ones like Reinhardt or Kagero that are difficult to bait and tank unless you happen to have a counter unit, and the added mobility helps you corner enemies a lot faster. Having a dancer on your Arena defense team is a pretty generally good way to increase the number of wins you get. 

2) Leroy Jenkins

You need to have a different mindset when building your defense team than offense. On offense, you lose points for every unit that dies, so you want to be careful and avoid taking needless risks. However, on defense it's a different story. Since you don't lose any points for unit deaths, all you care about is making sure one of your opponents dies no matter what (this is especially true in higher tiers of Arena where players automatically surrender the match if they lose even a single unit). As such, you generally want to forego defense and caution for glass cannon offense. You want units to rush the enemy down and take down a unit no matter the cost. Added mobility also helps with this, which is why Reinhardt is an ideal defense unit, being a highly mobile, high damage glass cannon. It doesn't matter if he dies right after charging in as long as he takes someone out first (or severely weakens them for one of your other units to finish off). 

3) Color stacking

Going off of the previous point, the goal of your Arena Defense team should not be to survive or to beat as many teams as possible. All you need is to take down that one team to get your points for the season. As such, a popular tactic is to fill your team with primarily one color. If you stack all blues, your team will probably get decimated by a single Hector. But you don't care about that because eventually a team will come by with one or two reds that simply cannot handle four of your blues rushing them all at once. 

4) General pointers

• Ranged units are usually more effective than melee units on defense
  • Mobility is king. Don't ever put armored units on your Defense team because by the time they join the fight, the rest of your Defense team will be dead. You want to rush the opponent down as quickly as possible, which is also partially why all-cavalry teams are so popular on defense
  • Wings of Mercy is another skill that often catches opponents off guard and is all-around great on Defense
  • Units that can counter at all ranges (like Takumi or Camus) are great for Defense (anywhere really but especially defense) since no matter your opponent is going to be taking damage from them. Vantage on these types of units is extra great for Defense (on offense I prefer Quick Riposte for these units though, but the AI on a Defense team has trouble taking full advantage of that)

I'm sure I've forgotten to mention some stuff, but other forum regulars are welcome to fill in the gaps. 

Also, if it helps at all, my current defense team is Ryoma, Sharena, Ninian, and Reinhardt, which generally gives me 5-10 (sometimes 10-20 if I'm lucky) defense wins per season. Blue stacking + dancer is great for Defense, and Ryoma is there to make sure a single Hector or Nino can't run through my entire team. Tbh though I think a large number of my wins is due to the Reinhardt + dancer combo alone. Sharena is filler, really, since I needed a bonus character in my defense team. Next week, I intend to run my cavalry team of Camus, Cecilia, Reinhardt, and Xander and see how that works. 

tldr - Dancers + color-stacking + balls-to-the-walls offense = defense wins. Ranged + high mobility helps.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

43 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

You don't. You set your team then hope it wins against someone.

I'm literally blank at the points department. Since my Defense Team was set to non-optimised lvl.25's, any chance they were facing agaisnt lvl.40's or something?

18 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

tldr - Dancers + color-stacking + balls-to-the-walls offense = defense wins. Ranged + high mobility helps.

Ok... so I've got an Olivia (Ruby Sword/Hone ATK2/WoM2/Defense+2) Soren (HP+5/LanceBreaker/Fortify Res) and Nino (Fury 2/Desperation 2/Hone ATK 2).

That seems pretty scary, what's a good suggestion for 4th? Takumi? Vantage/Fury Xander? Quick Riposte 2 Lukas? 

Oh and both Soren and Nino have Drag Back (Soren has Growing Wind and Nino has Moonbow).

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Ok... so I've got an Olivia (Ruby Sword/Hone ATK2/WoM2/Defense+2) Soren (HP+5/LanceBreaker/Fortify Res) and Nino (Fury 2/Desperation 2/Hone ATK 2).

That seems pretty scary, what's a good suggestion for 4th? Takumi? Vantage/Fury Xander? Quick Riposte 2 Lukas? 

Oh and both Soren and Nino have Drag Back (Soren has Growing Wind and Nino has Moonbow).

Of those options I'd probably say Takumi. Xander's also a decent option. Definitely not Lukas though. 

Lukas isn't a bad unit, by any means, but he's a lot more effective when controlled by a player on offense and is easy to take advantage of when the AI controls him on defense. 

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Of those options I'd probably say Takumi. Xander's also a decent option. Definitely not Lukas though. 

Lukas isn't a bad unit, by any means, but he's a lot more effective when controlled by a player on offense and is easy to take advantage of when the AI controls him on defense. 

He's my only Distant counter + Vantage unit which i why I suggested him. I have other units. B!Caeda (40 SPD/39 ATK/Swordbreaker 3/Drag Back/Hone Spd 3), Tharja (+SPD/-ATK), *4 Abel, +DEF/-RES Athena, I mean you can just name some units that would be perfect (Unless Xander or Takumi will do fine.) and If I have one of them then I'll use them.

B!Cordelia can buff all 4 stats also if that's a thing.

Edited by Zeo

B!Cordelia and Nino make a pretty good pair, so I would suggest those two along with Olivia. 

I'm admittedly less sure about the fourth slot, so you could try rotating between Takumi, B!Caeda, and Tharja (switch out every few hours or so tomorrow) and see what sticks. 

I don't claim to be an expert or anything, so of course the floor is open for other people to chime in with their thoughts. 

I'll try B!Cordelia/Nino/Olivia/Xander. But the team is kind of balanced which I know is bad. I'll just list most of my go to units for anyone that wants to take the time on me.

Spoiler

1. *5 Lukas (+SPD/-ATK) (Ignis/Reposition/Fortress DEF 3/Quick Riposte or R Tomebreaker 3/Threaten ATK/ATK +1)
  2. *5 Soren (+1) (+ATK/-RES) (Draw Back/Growing Wind/HP+5/Lancebreaker 2/Fortify Res/Speed +1)
  3. *4 Olivia (+SPD/-RES) (Ruby Sword/Defense +2/Wings of Mercy 2/Hone ATK 2/Spur Def 2)
  4. *4 Wrys (+SPD/-DEF) (Vanilla)
  5. *4 Sakura (+DEF/-RES) (Wrys Set)
  6. *5 Xander (Fury 3/Vantage 3/Reposition/Glowing Ember)
  7. *5 Frederick (+HP/-ATK) (Vanilla)
  8. *5 Y!Tiki (+ATK/-RES) (Vanilla)
  9. *5 B!Caeda (+SPD/-ATK) (Drag Back/Swordbreaker 3/Hone Speed 3)
  10. *5 Cain (+SPD/-ATK) (Vanilla)
  11. *5 Takumi x2 (+HP/-DEF) (+SPD/-DEF) (Vanilla)
  12. *5 B!Cordelia x2 (Both +ATK/-HP) (Vanilla)
  13. *5 Faye (+DEF/-SPD) (Vanilla)
  14. *5 Kagero (+DEF/-RES) (Death Blow 2/Daggerbreaker 3 or Axebreaker 1/Hone Speed 2)
  15. *4 Ursula (Vanilla)
  16. *4 Cherche (+ATK/-RES) (Vanilla)
  17. *3 Olivia (Dancebot) 
  18. *4 Chrom (+SPD/-DEF) (Vanilla + G Tomebreaker 2)
  19. *4 Tharja (+SPD/-ATK) (Reposition/Darting Blow 2/Desperation 2/Spur Res 2/Breath of Life Seal)
  20. *5 Hinoka (+ATK/-SPD) (Vanilla)
  21. Masked Marth (Unleveled/No Skills/No Fae)
  22. Athena (+DEF/-RES) (Sturdy Blow 2/Swordbreaker 3/Empty C)
  23. Nino (+RES/-DEF) (Fury 2/Desperation 2/Hone Attack 2/Moonbow/Drag Back)

I have other (leveled units) like *4 Abel (+SPD/-RES) Catria (+ATK/-DEF), M!Robin (+HP/-DEF) Camilla (+ATK), Cecilia (Neutral) and Palla (Neutral),Gunter and Jagen. The bread and butter are above however. 

Edited by Zeo

45 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

I'm literally blank at the points department. Since my Defense Team was set to non-optimised lvl.25's, any chance they were facing agaisnt lvl.40's or something?

Your team should be getting matched against units within their scoring range, but level has less to do with it compared to rarity, stat totals, and SP costs for inherited skills. Having a bonus unit doubles your defense score. If you don't have any defense points, they haven't won against anything.

Use a properly-leveled and SI'd defensive team with a dancer as well as stacking multiples of the same color, preferably ranged or at least with 1-2 range counter, and see how that goes.

Or pray some kind soul gets matched against your team and surrenders to give you a free win.

@MaskedAmpharos @Bartozio

Asked this ages ago but I need more Archer advice.

Never endes uo getting Cordelia (last summon on that banner waw a 5* Mist). But with the new GHB Archer coming up, is she worth investing in?  Probably too early to tell but I'd love some advice.

Rather not invest 40k+ feathers on Setsuna since she kinda annoys me here in FEH. Just curious if the ghb archer would be at least decent enough to build up and 5*.

46 minutes ago, Chelone said:

Never endes uo getting Cordelia (last summon on that banner waw a 5* Mist). But with the new GHB Archer coming up, is she worth investing in?  Probably too early to tell but I'd love some advice.

Rather not invest 40k+ feathers on Setsuna since she kinda annoys me here in FEH. Just curious if the ghb archer would be at least decent enough to build up and 5*.

It's to early to know for sure, but she seems promising. Since she won't have any personal bow it all comes down to her stat spread, and considering her spread in the paralogue chapter while taking the stat boosts they get there into account, she looks viable.

My advice would be to wait for a few more weeks until Clarisse is out, so we know her stats. You can always decide who to build up after that.

Alright, this might be a bit of a specific question, but I just want some opinions...

What would be a better unit to 5*? Sharena, or Legion?

Currently on my team I'm lacking a 5* Green, so Legion seems logical. But at the same time, Sharena has been on my list for a long time, as my current blue unit (Robin) just isn't performing to his best ability (mainly because he's -Atk) Thoughts?

[If it affects the decision at all, the rest of my team is Ike and Xander]

And is it just me, or is Legion more animated than other units?

Edited by Big Smoke

2 hours ago, Chelone said:

It's hard to say until her stats and skills are confirmed, but if the datamining is to accurate, then I would say "it depends". 

If the datamining is to be believed, her offensive stats are 31/34, which makes her largely inferior to other offensive Brave Bow users like Cordelia (35/35) and Takumi (32/33). Those other Brave Bow users also have a chance of being pulled at +Atk, which widens the gap since Clarisse can only be neutral. You can try to build a quad set on her like with Setsuna, but I personally would not recommend it since multiple other archers do the job better. 

However, (again if datamining is accurate), she has a different niche from those other archers. Her signature bow appears to have the same effect as F!Corrin's Dark Breath, which debuffs enemy attack and speed in an AoE around her target. This leads me to believe that her role is meant to be a support unit rather than a purely offensive one. Her specialty would be to debuff enemies from the sidelines with her bow (possibly in tandem with Poison Strike or a Seal skill and Savage Blow) to set up for the rest of your team to come in and sweep. This could also be good if you build your team around it, but it's a different play style. 

tldr - Hard to say without skill/stat confirmation, but if datamining is accurate, she's a supportive debuffer rather than an offensive nuke. Her niche is different from Setsuna's, which makes it hard to compare the two directly.

26 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

tldr - Hard to say without skill/stat confirmation, but if datamining is accurate, she's a supportive debuffer rather than an offensive nuke. Her niche is different from Setsuna's, which makes it hard to compare the two directly.

That wouldnt be too bad. I have enough nukers/glass  cannons as it is. Thanks for the input though. Like @Bartozio said, going to wait with Setsuna and see how Clarisse turns out. If she turns out really bad zi should have a decent amount of feathers to go for Setsuna instead. (Still hoping for a mounted archer sooner or later!)

Thank you to those of you who helped me out with Jeorge a few days ago. In any case friends, I have a Predicament:

I am approaching 20k feathers pretty quickly now, and it'll be about time to decide who to promote to 5* soon. Unfortunately, I have no idea who to choose. I'm leaning towards a green/colorless unit, since I only have Hector, Merric, Fae, Jeorge, and Sakura in those colors (plus a Camilla, but I think she'll probably just end up giving her Brave Axe+ to someone else??) Here are my candidates:

• Cecilia: she's been really helpful during Tempest Trials with horse buffs, but maybe other units need the 5* boost more desperately?
  • Nino: She's Nino, which is always good, but Tharja does already have the whole infantry tomeblade mage thing covered.
  • Michalis: I'm sure he'd see major gains from promotion, but I think if I do decide to promote him I should wait until round 2 of his GHB, since he's already level 40 and I don't want to rush to retrain him.
  • Kagero: A useful gray unit for sure, but she's rather lackluster in higher-level maps. It could definitely be worth promoting her.
  • Barst: I hear he's not amazing, but if nothing else he seems like a strong Brave Axe infantry unit.
  • Anna: Idk if she could do anything special other units couldn't, but at least I'd be getting one of the main three to 5* so that's always nice.
  • Legion: Haven't started training him yet but he seems pretty good?
  • Setsuna: I pulled a +Atk/-Def one this morning. I hear she's great with a Brave Bow+, but is she worth it if I can't pull a 5* Gordin from the vantage banner?
  • Cherche: Kind of a dark horse candidate and I don't even have her at 4* (only 3*), but apparently she's great with a Brave Axe+? And I do have that spare Camilla, so I could absolutely give her one. Cherche's +HP/-Def btw.
  • Frederick: Again, another good user of Brave Axe, and could definitely do good things for cavalry teams.
  • Xander: Neither green nor gray, but Distant Counter is Distant Counter.

So those are my options. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Orange Juice said:

Thank you to those of you who helped me out with Jeorge a few days ago. In any case friends, I have a Predicament:

I am approaching 20k feathers pretty quickly now, and it'll be about time to decide who to promote to 5* soon. Unfortunately, I have no idea who to choose. I'm leaning towards a green/colorless unit, since I only have Hector, Merric, Fae, Jeorge, and Sakura in those colors (plus a Camilla, but I think she'll probably just end up giving her Brave Axe+ to someone else??) Here are my candidates:

• Cecilia: she's been really helpful during Tempest Trials with horse buffs, but maybe other units need the 5* boost more desperately?
  • Nino: She's Nino, which is always good, but Tharja does already have the whole infantry tomeblade mage thing covered.
  • Michalis: I'm sure he'd see major gains from promotion, but I think if I do decide to promote him I should wait until round 2 of his GHB, since he's already level 40 and I don't want to rush to retrain him.
  • Kagero: A useful gray unit for sure, but she's rather lackluster in higher-level maps. It could definitely be worth promoting her.
  • Barst: I hear he's not amazing, but if nothing else he seems like a strong Brave Axe infantry unit.
  • Anna: Idk if she could do anything special other units couldn't, but at least I'd be getting one of the main three to 5* so that's always nice.
  • Legion: Haven't started training him yet but he seems pretty good?
  • Setsuna: I pulled a +Atk/-Def one this morning. I hear she's great with a Brave Bow+, but is she worth it if I can't pull a 5* Gordin from the vantage banner?
  • Cherche: Kind of a dark horse candidate and I don't even have her at 4* (only 3*), but apparently she's great with a Brave Axe+? And I do have that spare Camilla, so I could absolutely give her one. Cherche's +HP/-Def btw.
  • Frederick: Again, another good user of Brave Axe, and could definitely do good things for cavalry teams.
  • Xander: Neither green nor gray, but Distant Counter is Distant Counter.

So those are my options. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Hmm, doesn't seem to be an easy choice, but lets see:

For starters, your green/colorless units already seem decent enough, so I wouldn't say you need a new one. If you don't have already have a distant counter sword unit or if you like running cavalry teams, Xander seems to be the best choice to me, since he gains a lot from his promotion.

To also cover your other units:

• Nino and Celicia are really great. They don't gain anything to special from promotion, but higher stats on units you plan to use is always a good thing. There's also the fact that they are generaly better then Merric. Even if you have Tharja, there's nothing stopping you from using two blade tome nukes at once right? Go with Celicia if you like horse emblem, go withh Nino if you want units that a usable outside horse emblem.
  • Michealis is basicly a more mobile, but less good Hector. Unless you really dislike Hector's low movement or you're trying to build a flyer emblem team, I wouldn't bother with him.
  • Kagero is a solid choice. I'd prefer George over her on most occasions, but she's amazing during GHB's with a lot of infantry units.
  • Barst is a decent Brave axe user, but Legion is just better at it then him. The only thing Barst has going for him is more bulk, but that is usually irrelevant for a brave user.
  • Between Cherche and Legion, it somewhat depends on how much work you're willing to put into them. Cherche is already deadly with just a brave axe, but she becomes a nuke with DB and axe breaker. I think Legion can do even better with a brave axe, desperation and Life and Death, but that's a very expensive build, and Cherche will be better then Legion if you don't give him Life and Death.
  • Setsuna is pretty good with that nature, but only with a brave bow. Even if you do get brave bow fodder though, George might be able to better with it, depending on his nature.
  • Fredrick's cool, but Cherche hits harder. He's a good choice if you want a green unit for a horse emblem team that's not Cecilia though.

Hope that helps a bit.

I like how Legion looks, and his level 40 conversation is just d'awwww-inducing, so I'm thinking of 5-starring him after the Tempest Trials are over. I have a spare 5-star Sheena, so the plan is to give him Killer Axe + and Desperation 3. With the Killer Axe + and Fury 3 he'd have 50/38 offensive stats. Fury would help knock him into Desperation range faster.  

I'm not sure about his special, though. The Killer Axe + would give him a 1-CD Reprisal or Moonbow, or a 2-CD Draconic Aura. Reprisal is free and would steadily get more deadly, while DA is a consistent 15 damage. Any advice?  Thanks in advance. 

58 minutes ago, Eridras said:

I like how Legion looks, and his level 40 conversation is just d'awwww-inducing, so I'm thinking of 5-starring him after the Tempest Trials are over. I have a spare 5-star Sheena, so the plan is to give him Killer Axe + and Desperation 3. With the Killer Axe + and Fury 3 he'd have 50/38 offensive stats. Fury would help knock him into Desperation range faster.  

I'm not sure about his special, though. The Killer Axe + would give him a 1-CD Reprisal or Moonbow, or a 2-CD Draconic Aura. Reprisal is free and would steadily get more deadly, while DA is a consistent 15 damage. Any advice?  Thanks in advance. 

He has a better offensive spread than regular Cordelia (36/35 to her 35/35), so he actually runs a quad set like her (Brave Bow + Life and Death + Desperation) to great success, and it's what I personally consider his best offensive set. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Sorry, but I'm also here to ask for advice on who to promote, how surprising

My candidates:

Spoiler

Female Robin - I'd be starting the long and expensive road to the Robin of my dreams, which is an optimized +3 Robin. It would be incredibly expensive, about ~100,000 feathers to promote all 4 Robins + either a Cecilia or a Nino to give her a better tome, so I'm a bit reluctant to start.

Roy (+Spd/HP) - a character I would promote purely out of appreciation rather than need, since promoting him would make him my 6th 5 Star Sword unit (5th Infantry) and my 10th 5 Star Red unit overall. So, as much as I like him, he's not my priority.

Ursula - To be added to my horse team of Cecilia/Xander/Camus, since I don't have Rein yet. Would take a lot of investment though, which my current horse units still need as well. So she can wait if she needs to.

Alfonse - One of my "if I can't decide, then they're a safe bet" choices. Unfortunately for him he's also in the same situation as Roy, though a bit more attractive thanks to always being a bonus unit eventually

Anna - "Safe bet" #2. Would probably be more useful than Alfonse at the moment I don't have as many green units as I do reds, but I do already have Hector and Furry Chrom, so she's not really needed at the moment. She would mostly be insurance for arena when I need a bonus unit.

Male Robin - I've wanted to promote him for ages but he doesn't have his best nature, so I'm holding off on him until I get one with a better one

Setsuna (+Spd/-Def) - A candidate for my BB+ from Gordin. I'm reluctant though since there's other archers that can do it better (I know Bride Cordelia is the best but I didn't care enough to summon on her banner oops)

Legion - Not particularly interested in his character, but I do have him. So he's an option 

My current list of 5 Stars:

Spoiler

5 Star Marth (+2) - +HP/-Def

5 Star Seliph - +HP/-Def

5 Star Masked Marth

5 Star Male Corrin - +Spd/-Res

5 Star Xander

5 Star Young Tiki - +Spd/-Atk

5 Star Celica - +Atk/-Def

5 Star Lilina - +Spd/-HP

5 Star Sanaki - +Res/-HP

5 Star Sharena

5 Star Lukas - +Res/-HP

5 Star Effie - +Spd/-HP

5 Star Camus

5 Star Nowi - +Res/-Def

5 Star Spring Chrom - +HP/-Res

5 Star Hector - +Def/-HP

5 Star Cecilia - +Spd/-Def (Gronnblade+)

5 Star Spring Camilla - +Res/-HP

5 Star Gordin - +Def/-HP

5 Star Maria - +Def/-Res

Edited by BurgundyBirb

13 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

He has a better offensive spread than regular Cordelia (36/35 to her 35/35), so he actually runs a quad set like her (Brave Bow + Life and Death + Desperation) to great success, and it's what I personally consider his best offensive set. 

I assume you mean Brave Axe?  I had considered that build, but I have a 4-star +Atk Raven who could fill that role better, without the extra promotion needed for a weapon. I kind of wish infantry units weren't so reliant on brave weapons to be useful. 

1 minute ago, Eridras said:

I assume you mean Brave Axe?  I had considered that build, but I have a 4-star +Atk Raven who could fill that role better, without the extra promotion needed for a weapon. I kind of wish infantry units weren't so reliant on brave weapons to be useful. 

Yeah sorry, I meant Brave Axe. 

If you already have a +Atk Raven then I suppose there's no real point in promoting Legion outside of favoritism :/

He's there for the people that don't have +Atk Raven, but you seem to be covered. 

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Yeah sorry, I meant Brave Axe. 

If you already have a +Atk Raven then I suppose there's no real point in promoting Legion outside of favoritism :/

He's there for the people that don't have +Atk Raven, but you seem to be covered. 

Between Hector and Brave Axe Cherche, I'm more than covered for axes. This is more of a "I want a project to work on" kind of thing. It was the special that had me debating, mostly. 

1 hour ago, BurgundyBirb said:

Hide contents
Spoiler

Female Robin - I'd be starting the long and expensive road to the Robin of my dreams, which is an optimized +3 Robin. It would be incredibly expensive, about ~100,000 feathers to promote all 4 Robins + either a Cecilia or a Nino to give her a better tome, so I'm a bit reluctant to start.

Roy (+Spd/HP) - a character I would promote purely out of appreciation rather than need, since promoting him would make him my 6th 5 Star Sword unit (5th Infantry) and my 10th 5 Star Red unit overall. So, as much as I like him, he's not my priority.

Ursula - To be added to my horse team of Cecilia/Xander/Camus, since I don't have Rein yet. Would take a lot of investment though, which my current horse units still need as well. So she can wait if she needs to.

Alfonse - One of my "if I can't decide, then they're a safe bet" choices. Unfortunately for him he's also in the same situation as Roy, though a bit more attractive thanks to always being a bonus unit eventually

Anna - "Safe bet" #2. Would probably be more useful than Alfonse at the moment I don't have as many green units as I do reds, but I do already have Hector and Furry Chrom, so she's not really needed at the moment. She would mostly be insurance for arena when I need a bonus unit.

Male Robin - I've wanted to promote him for ages but he doesn't have his best nature, so I'm holding off on him until I get one with a better one

Setsuna (+Spd/-Def) - A candidate for my BB+ from Gordin. I'm reluctant though since there's other archers that can do it better (I know Bride Cordelia is the best but I didn't care enough to summon on her banner oops)

Legion - Not particularly interested in his character, but I do have him. So he's an option 

Hide contents
Spoiler

5 Star Marth (+2) - +HP/-Def

5 Star Seliph - +HP/-Def

5 Star Masked Marth

5 Star Male Corrin - +Spd/-Res

5 Star Xander

5 Star Young Tiki - +Spd/-Atk

5 Star Celica - +Atk/-Def

5 Star Lilina - +Spd/-HP

5 Star Sanaki - +Res/-HP

5 Star Sharena

5 Star Lukas - +Res/-HP

5 Star Effie - +Spd/-HP

5 Star Camus

5 Star Nowi - +Res/-Def

5 Star Spring Chrom - +HP/-Res

5 Star Hector - +Def/-HP

5 Star Cecilia - +Spd/-Def (Gronnblade+)

5 Star Spring Camilla - +Res/-HP

5 Star Gordin - +Def/-HP

5 Star Maria - +Def/-Res

I would invest in your Cavalry first to make the Arena easier. In my opinion, the most important step is to give them all H./F. Cav. and positioning Assists. Additionally for cavalry mages, give them Blades (normal version is fine, "+" can wait) and LnD2 (or 3 if you can afford it). All other skills can wait. That should let you rake in the feathers every week to pursue other projects or continue to develop your cavalry. In my opinion, your cavalry team is pretty much all ready to go, since Cecilia is the only one who is nature dependent and you have one of the best natures. If you plan to merge Cecilia down the line, -Res would be the better bane when merged to +10 facing against other +10 neutral units.

After your cavalry, you might want to build up your infantry glass cannons next. You have the best Celica there is, so I would invest in her immediately after your cavalry since she is your best red mage on the list. Her most important skill to inherit is L&D3, although 2 is fine if your budget is tight. Fury 3 will also work and it synergizes well with Desp., but it is inferior to L&D. B Passive is her next most important skill, and depending on your playstyle, you can either go for Desp., Renewal, or S.breaker. Her special is the least important, but probably the easiest to get since Frederick, Odin, and Palla carry New Moon as 3* units, and Odin and Palla carry Moonbow as 4* units.

B!Cordelia outclasses Setsuna by a mile, but Setsuna is a still a decent colorless glass cannon. Most mages in the Arena uses the Blade builds instead of Raven builds, so Setsuna will have a great time sniping them down along with enemy flyers. Since she is also colorless, you do not have to worry about WTD except for Ravens. With that being said, if you get a non-red mage with a good nature before you get to Setsuna, I would prioritize the mage first since Resistance is often the weakest stat in the Arena.

I would hold off on promoting the Askr trio since they are perfectly useable at 4*, and Anna and Alfonse do not get much from being 5*, unlike Sharena.

The only other ones I would invest in after your ranged glass cannons are Sharena, Masked Marth, and F!Robin. Sharena is a good blue melee glass cannon. Lucina is a great combat medic. F!Robin can be your dedicated colorless check for story mode or events.

I do not see a dancer on your list, so if you have not trained them yet, I highly recommend training one as soon as possible and I would prioritize her over your cavalry. At the very least, train Olivia to 4* level 40 with Ruby Sword, Moonbow, Fury 3, and Axebreaker 3 so she can take on Hector. With Olivia around, you have a lot more flexibility in team composition and tactics. A lot of GHB strategy videos on YouTube also require a dancer, so having one can save you a bunch of headaches.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I would invest in your Cavalry first to make the Arena easier. In my opinion, the most important step is to give them all H./F. Cav. and positioning Assists. Additionally for cavalry mages, give them Blades (normal version is fine, "+" can wait) and LnD2 (or 3 if you can afford it). All other skills can wait. That should let you rake in the feathers every week to pursue other projects or continue to develop your cavalry. In my opinion, your cavalry team is pretty much all ready to go, since Cecilia is the only one who is nature dependent and you have one of the best natures. If you plan to merge Cecilia down the line, -Res would be the better bane when merged to +10 facing against other +10 neutral units.

After your cavalry, you might want to build up your infantry glass cannons next. You have the best Celica there is, so I would invest in her immediately after your cavalry since she is your best red mage on the list. Her most important skill to inherit is L&D3, although 2 is fine if your budget is tight. Fury 3 will also work and it synergizes well with Desp., but it is inferior to L&D. B Passive is her next most important skill, and depending on your playstyle, you can either go for Desp., Renewal, or S.breaker. Her special is the least important, but probably the easiest to get since Frederick, Odin, and Palla carry New Moon as 3* units, and Odin and Palla carry Moonbow as 4* units.

B!Cordelia outclasses Setsuna by a mile, but Setsuna is a still a decent colorless glass cannon. Most mages in the Arena uses the Blade builds instead of Raven builds, so Setsuna will have a great time sniping them down along with enemy flyers. Since she is also colorless, you do not have to worry about WTD except for Ravens. With that being said, if you get a non-red mage with a good nature before you get to Setsuna, I would prioritize the mage first since Resistance is often the weakest stat in the Arena.

I would hold off on promoting the Askr trio since they are perfectly useable at 4*, and Anna and Alfonse do not get much from being 5*, unlike Sharena.

The only other ones I would invest in after your ranged glass cannons are Sharena, Masked Marth, and F!Robin. Sharena is a good blue melee glass cannon. Lucina is a great combat medic. F!Robin can be your dedicated colorless check for story mode or events.

I do not see a dancer on your list, so if you have not trained them yet, I highly recommend training one as soon as possible and I would prioritize her over your cavalry. At the very least, train Olivia to 4* level 40 with Ruby Sword, Moonbow, Fury 3, and Axebreaker 3 so she can take on Hector. With Olivia around, you have a lot more flexibility in team composition and tactics. A lot of GHB strategy videos on YouTube also require a dancer, so having one can save you a bunch of headaches.

Thanks for the feedback! 

Spoiler

> My Calvary team is indeed my priority, but what's preventing me from completing each of their sets is a lack of fodder. I mucked up and used my last Jagen on Xander to give Fortify Calvary, without realizing he's better with Hone. I fixed that, but until I get another Jagen, Cecilia is out of a C Skill. Which is fine, I guess, since Xander and Camus have their Hone Calvaries, and they can live without Fortify boosts until I pull another Jagen. I'm also not entirely sure what Cecilia's skills should be, so I've been holding off on SI until I get around to asking. I guess now would be a good time, though. What skills should she have?

(for reference, my Cecilia has Gronnblade+, Draw Back, Dragon Gaze with Fang unlearned (planning on giving Aura but I was thinking Fang could be viable with Quickened Pulse), and BoL (which is from a 4 Star Cecilia I merged into her, back from when SI was new XP))

> I've been trying to decide how to build my Celica for the past couple days, I've just been once again unsure of what to give her. Thanks for the advice!

> I only considered Setsuna because I had a +Spd one sitting around and I had seen people talking about her quad build. But with how expensive it is, and since others outclass her with it, I don't have much reason to invest in her, especially since I haven't even played Fates. As for non-red mages, my best has been my TAdept Swordbreaker Blarraven m!Robin. I haven't promoted him though, even though I love Robin, because he's not his best nature. Even though he isn't, he still kills most Sword units without a problem and I usually bring him on offense

> That's a fair point, but I want to promote them eventually just to have them all promoted

> While it's not exactly an optimal build, I have invested a bit in Sharena. Other than her default skills, she has Glimmer (I know it's bad, I gave it to her when SI was new, I've been meaning to replace it) and Vantage 3. I tried my hardest to get another Hector during the Hero Fest so that she could have DC, but I just wasn't lucky enough. I'll probably give her Fury and Luna/Moonbow eventually. 

Marth I just need to note every skill she needs and round up all the fodder. Female Robin has been looking veeeery enticing with a Gronnblade set but since it'll be so expensive, I'll hold off for now in favor of my horses. I don't see a need to make her a colorless check since I already have Male Robin doing just that, and while I know Nino is optimal for Infantry Gronnblade, I just like Robin more

> I didn't list a dancer, only because my only dancer is a 3 Star Olivia that's only Lv. 20. I haven't trained her but I've definitely used her for dancing, she's been the one reason I've managed to complete a lot of GHBs (Infernal Legion especially, it would've been impossible without her). I've held off from training her because her nature isn't great and I can avoid having to spend feathers on her if she could just show up in a summon as a 4 Star >:(

Again, thanks for the feedback, it helps a lot!

Edit: Shoot, completely forgot to mention that I also have a 4 Star Nowi that's +Atk/-Res, which is better than my current Nowi, so that's another option I could choose. But maybe later

Also, I'm never gonna even dream of trying to get my 5 Stars to +10 and challenge the whales in arena. I'm almost entirely F2P, I can't optimize that well

Edited by BurgundyBirb