"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

7 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I have a question about the Falchion + Renewal + Ardent Sacrifice build for Falchion users.

While I see it discussed sometimes, and it sounds cool on paper, how does it actually do in practice for anyone who's tried it? I'm considering whether to make my Masked Lucina a more standard build or try that build for her since I have a -atk 5* Jakob and a second 5* Fae that I don't need. Healing 20 HP every couple turns and using Ardent to heal seems neat, but I can't tell if it's just a meme build compared to LaD/Desperation/etc.

I also have a +atk/-def Marth that could consider such a build too, even if I didn't do it to Lucina.

My Dr. Lucina uses Reciprocal Aid instead. I have only used her in the Arena once or twice on accident so I cannot really say how good she is there. I just remember being very frustrated with that match, so I probably lost.

However, depending on your team, she is very good in the Tempest Trial, or at least in this specific one. She can safely kill Veronica without fear of counter attack so my team does not Panic. Her insane healing pretty much ensures that Bride Cordelia is refreshed at the start of every map, allowing me to run Swordbreaker over Desperation for more coverage. As a bonus, she is also the bonus unit.

Another reason why she is good in the Tempest Trial is that enemy units there are poorly optimized, so you only need one (at most two) glass cannon(s), and you can fill the rest of the slots with dancers and a Bonus/support unit.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

My stance on Banner pulling is to really just Pull if there's a unit you want and want at 5*.  I never pull new 5*s for fodder, since i think that's a waste of a 5*.  I just wait and hope they'll be 4* later.

So the answer is, do you want Althena, Luke, or Rody, and don't want to wait to see if they become 4*s?

Not particularly!  I wouldn't mind Rody but I don't really need any of them.  Really, the only banner unit I want ATM is Reinhardt.

I wish the waifu banner was still ongoing. =(

Just now, Big Smoke said:

+Res/-Def Reinhardt...

Not +Atk, but still workable?

Yeah, still perfectly workable.  Really any Reinhardt that isn't -Atk will Reinhardt just fine.  +Res might let him take a hit and retaliate a bit better in Mage Duels, but Reinhardt's thing is to 1-2 punch and not get hit, so his defensive stats aren't a deal breaker for him.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So the answer is, do you want Althena, Luke, or Rody, and don't want to wait to see if they become 4*s?

I will literally eat a sock if Katarina and Athena are dropped to 4* after the banner is over.

Panic Ploy fodder at 4* is nice though I'm expecting Fire Boost to have the full chain at that rarity instead because yeah.

Is a Spd+/Def- Klein a bad enough IV to sacrifice? I finally drew my first Klein & I'd like to feed DB3 to Reinhardt. Looks like Atk+/Res might be ideal but I hate to dust my only Klein unless he's not useful with that nature.

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I will literally eat a sock if Katarina and Athena are dropped to 4* after the banner is over.

Panic Ploy fodder at 4* is nice though I'm expecting Fire Boost to have the full chain at that rarity instead because yeah.

I honestly think they will.  Someone, forget who, brought up the point that the other two Owl tomes are 4* now, so it would be odd if Red Owl was to stay 5*.  That would leave Althena to drop to 4*, too, since it would be weird to have one Cavalier go down, and not the other.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I honestly think they will.  Someone, forget who, brought up the point that the other two Owl tomes are 4* now, so it would be odd if Red Owl was to stay 5*.  That would leave Althena to drop to 4*, too, since it would be weird to have one Cavalier go down, and not the other.

Wind Boost is currently a 5* exclusive skill, as is Swift Sparrow from the previous banner.

If one mage drops, so does the other; one cavalier drops, the other follows. I don't see a problem with that.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

since it would be weird to have one Cavalier go down, and not the other.

I don't see where people are getting this idea. 

Eirika was dropped to 4* but not Ephraim.

Reinhardt was dropped to 4* but not Olwen.

There is no reason to assume that just because two units are part of a set that one will get dropped simply because the other is.

29 minutes ago, Refa said:

OKAY WILL DO BOSS HOPEFULLY ANTS COUNT AS ANIMALS

You're gonna need quite a few ants, but that works XD

We could work out a business arrangement where I make your sacrifices for you ;)

30 minutes ago, Refa said:

I don't think I'm missing anything in particular, although I wouldn't mind a +Atk Reinhardt.  Hopefully a functionally neutral Reinhardt will do for the mean time.

The chances of pulling  +Atk Rein is 1/5 or 20% 

Just keep that in mind if you're going to pull for him! 

35 minutes ago, Refa said:

+Atk Nino is so good; she was my first 5* promote and she carried me hard through my earlier days.

LOL she was my first promote too hee hee Ever since then every arena team has been Nino, Dancer, Bonus unit, filler XD

25 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

@Rezzy I don't know if your question was answered yet, so I will: you can safely go over 99 crests. I have 100 now, after spending one yesterday for the Arena quests.

Thanks, now I don't have to worry about going over.

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I don't see where people are getting this idea. 

Eirika was dropped to 4* but not Ephraim.

Reinhardt was dropped to 4* but not Olwen.

There is no reason to assume that just because two units are part of a set that one will get dropped simply because the other is.

There's usually some sort of logic to the demotions, even if only in retrospect.  With Eirika, it was either drop both marquee characters from a given game, or just do one from each.  With Reinhardt, they dropped one from each "pair".  For Baners with units from multiple games, they tend to evenly drop down the 4*.  Since all the units are from the same game, they probably keep the cavs together, either as 4* or 5* exclusives.  Of course, I could always be wrong.

2 minutes ago, BurgundyBirb said:

So before I dump 20,000 feathers into Hana, is L&D 3 the best A Skill for +Speed/-Defence Gronnblade+ Cecilia?

Yes. 

Especially if you're running her on a horse team (which I assume you are since she has Gronnblade). 

I recommend also giving her Desperation if you haven't already.

3 minutes ago, BurgundyBirb said:

So before I dump 20,000 feathers into Hana, is L&D 3 the best A Skill for +Speed/-Defence Gronnblade+ Cecilia?

Life and death pretty much always wins the most matchups XD

So I'd say so, though I have not done calcs. I'm pretty sure it's the best though

4 minutes ago, fatboyjam said:

Is it worth keeping a Spd+/Def- Klein? I finally drew my first Klein & I'd like to feed DB3 to Reinhardt but won't if that's a solid IV to build up.

Just go for it. 

Putting DB3 on Reinhardt is worth any natured Klein honestly.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'm expecting Katarina and Athena to be dropped to 4-star rarity.

Based on recent banners, namely Blazing Shadows onwards, skills appear to be the biggest contributors to who gets added to the 4-star summoning pool.

Now, we have zero precedence for repeat "new" skills at this time. In particular, I'm thinking of Wo Dao and Swift Sparrow. On the one hand, it makes sense to keep these previously 5-star-locked skills locked at 5-star pulls. On the other hand, it also makes sense to drop them to 4-star pullable characters because they've been out for some time. In particular, Wo Dao+ is still guaranteed to be unlearnable until 5-star rarity and Swift Sparrow 2 is nearly guaranteed to be the same, meaning even if they were available on 4-star pulls, you'd still need to promote the unit to 5-star rarity to teach it to another character.

My personal thoughts are that Firesweep Lance+, Drive Def 2, and Panic Ploy 3 are the most "valuable" brand new skills from this banner, leaving Roderick and Luke as the two to remain at 5-star rarity in order to keep those skills rare for the near future.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm expecting Katarina and Athena to be dropped to 4-star rarity.

Based on recent banners, namely Blazing Shadows onwards, skills appear to be the biggest contributors to who gets added to the 4-star summoning pool.

Now, we have zero precedence for repeat "new" skills at this time. In particular, I'm thinking of Wo Dao and Swift Sparrow. On the one hand, it makes sense to keep these previously 5-star-locked skills locked at 5-star pulls. On the other hand, it also makes sense to drop them to 4-star pullable characters because they've been out for some time. In particular, Wo Dao+ is still guaranteed to be unlearnable until 5-star rarity and Swift Sparrow 2 is nearly guaranteed to be the same, meaning even if they were available on 4-star pulls, you'd still need to promote the unit to 5-star rarity to teach it to another character.

My personal thoughts are that Firesweep Lance+, Drive Def 2, and Panic Ploy 3 are the most "valuable" brand new skills from this banner, leaving Roderick and Luke as the two to remain at 5-star rarity in order to keep those skills rare for the near future.

I'm hoping the next Banner will give us units that have LaD or QR available as level 3 at 4*.

I'm also wondering when, if ever, we'll get a new pool of 3*s.

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Yes. 

Especially if you're running her on a horse team (which I assume you are since she has Gronnblade). 

I recommend also giving her Desperation if you haven't already.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Life and death pretty much always wins the most matchups XD

So I'd say so, though I have not done calcs. I'm pretty sure it's the best though

Alright, thanks. I assumed it was, but I wanted to check before spending feathers

Until I can actually pull a Shanna though, she'll stick with escape route

Alright, thanks. I assumed it was, but I wanted to check before spending feathers

Here, this is a site you can use to check damage calculations and test different builds yourself.

Death Blow is the other one that maximizes kills, but that is only applicable to slow Brave users, so you might want to check just to be sure. Tomes, Breath, and Daggers do not have Braves, so they would always use L&D to maximize kills. I have not checked Dire Thunder, but that only applies to two units.

24 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Here, this is a site you can use to check damage calculations and test different builds yourself.

I've been using that actually. But paranoia makes me nervous about spending so much, so I always wanna check with the people that know best before I invest