"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Who would be the best to 5* in my situation?

Nino (+Atk)

Legion

Sharena (who I've wanted to promote for a long time)

My current team is Ike, Xander, Reinhardt, and 4* Raven (-atk)

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question for you - I somehow summoned 2 Athenas - I have -def +hp that I've managed to level to 40 and then yesterday got a -atk +res

So my question - what would the best use be for them - add the -atk+res to my 1st one for my 1st 40+1 or would it be useful to use her for SI fodder?

10 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

Quick question for you - I somehow summoned 2 Athenas - I have -def +hp that I've managed to level to 40 and then yesterday got a -atk +res

So my question - what would the best use be for them - add the -atk+res to my 1st one for my 1st 40+1 or would it be useful to use her for SI fodder?

The -Def,+HP would be better to keep.  Wo Dao is a great weapon for SI, so you can use her for that.  Another unit could probably benefit from her weapon, more than she would benefit from a merger, unless you plan on using Athena for Arena.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

The -Def,+HP would be better to keep.  Wo Dao is a great weapon for SI, so you can use her for that.  Another unit could probably benefit from her weapon, more than she would benefit from a merger, unless you plan on using Athena for Arena.

I hadnt really planned on using her in arena tbh Ive a better team that work, I was just happy I'd a new 5* so levelled her - did not expect to summon her again, or so soon and its the 1st double 5* I had - I'l keep her for the weapon and look into who'd be decent to pass too then if you think thats the best use - 40+1 prob. wouldnt be that useful outside of arena now you mention it thanks

1 hour ago, Big Smoke said:

Who would be the best to 5* in my situation?

Nino (+Atk)

Legion

Sharena (who I've wanted to promote for a long time)

My current team is Ike, Xander, Reinhardt, and 4* Raven (-atk)

I would promote Nino and kick Raven off the team. You need more ranged glass cannons.

I would give Ike Rally Speed/Reposition, Hone Attack, and Fortify Res Seal.

This is probably a dumb question, but for Despiration to work, does your Hero need to be able to make the follow up attack in the first place? (I.e. if I have a slow character, if desperation kicks in, will the hero make a follow up, or will desperation just do nothing)? 

16 hours ago, Lushen said:

Thanks.  I was pretty sure +atk/+spd would be the best, but both are very useful, didn't know which was better.  If he has high speed, am I correct in assuming a -res nature would be better than a -hp because he will never get doubled?  Though, that's not a big enough deal to wait on.

I figured Kagero would be better in most cases, but Gaius is actually very close.  At first glance he looks terrible, but the more I think about it the more I want to build him up.

Update: I pulled a +sp/-res Gaius, who I think is the best.  Still missing Kagero but I'm sure she'll show up before I get Gaius to 5*. 

I think +sp is better than +atk b/c while Kagero will do ~8 more damage than Gaius, she can't double a lot of units, esp in a speed meta. With 39 speed, Gaius definitely can and since 8dmg isn't enough to kill someone, Gaius should theoretically kill more often.

36 minutes ago, SaMaster14 said:

This is probably a dumb question, but for Despiration to work, does your Hero need to be able to make the follow up attack in the first place? (I.e. if I have a slow character, if desperation kicks in, will the hero make a follow up, or will desperation just do nothing)? 

Needs enough speed to follow up naturally.

edit:  Actually, how would L&D be on Gaius?  +5atk/+5spd would almost give him as much atk as his more common death blow build, but would also let him double literally everyone.  He would also be the strictest definition of a glass cannon, however and wouldn't be able to go after ranged units.  Though, w/ 42hp, he might be able to tank one hit from a few units.

acc't battle simulator, L&D 3 Gaius with Desperation and HP+3 will kill all but 5 infantry users.  Death Blow will kill all but 24 infantry.  The caveat is that Gaius survives with 1hp a lot with L&D so buffs and natures could be a deciding factor. That 43/46 hp helps a ton.

Edited by Lushen

21 hours ago, Lushen said:

Thanks.  I was pretty sure +atk/+spd would be the best, but both are very useful, didn't know which was better.  If he has high speed, am I correct in assuming a -res nature would be better than a -hp because he will never get doubled?  Though, that's not a big enough deal to wait on.

I figured Kagero would be better in most cases, but Gaius is actually very close.  At first glance he looks terrible, but the more I think about it the more I want to build him up.

Late reply, but -HP means his entire bulk drops by 3. So, if Gaius normally has 42 HP, 22 Def, and 19 Def, it takes 64 physical or 61 magical to oneshot him or if you can double him somehow -- Brave weapon, Daggerbreaker, Dire Thunder, Quick Riposte on counter, having at least 41 speed, etc. --, 43x2 physical or 40x2 magical. With -HP, he'd have 39 HP which means 61 physical or 58 magical to one-shot or 42x2 or 39x2. -Def would even it out so that it takes the same amount of damage to kill him physically or magically; 61 to one-shot or 42x2 to 2HKO. -Res makes it that he retains his physical bulk, the 64 to one-shot or 43x2 to 2HKO, but his magical bulk becomes lower, 58 one-shot or 39x2 to 2HKO.

From what I remember, -Def Gaius got better overall results than -Res Gaius which also happened to Saizo where -Def Saizo got better overall results than -Res Saizo. Probably makes more sense considering that ranged units will likely encounter mages who can counter back unlike melee units who can beat the crap out of the mages without fear unless they have Close Counter for some reason. You'll probably not want to use colorless units against mages with -raven tomes and T-Adept, but it's probably safer to have a bit more resistance since most mages have high attack, especially if you're going to run L&D so that he can do as much damage as possible while being as fast as possible to double as many units as possible.

With L&D3, a -Res Gaius will only have 11 resistance. It will only take 53 magical damage or 32x2 to kill him. -HP Gaius will run into the same issue, except it's HP that's causing it. Either way, it's not that hard to do 53 magical damage to kill him. Against neutral Nino and Tharja, they just need one Hone Attack 3 to one-shot a +Atk, -Def Gaius with L&D3 and Poison Dagger+. Neutral Celica at full HP by default leaves him with 2 HP, so all she needs is +2 to her attack from something like a Spur Atk 1 or Hone Attack 1. Neutral Cecilia one-shots him without any help unlike neutral M!Robin who needs at least T-Adept and +1 attack from somewhere or T-Adept 2. With -Def, he will barely survive all of these encounters and can counter kill or at least leave them barely alive with Poison Dagger+.

Anyway, yeah, -Res is better than -HP which you could consider is like having -Def and -Res, but I think -Def might be better than -Res on Gaius.

Anyone know why monday the 17th is red on their calendars?  Is it a Japanesse thing, or a game-related thing?

Spoiler

heroes-july-corrin-f.jpg

edit;  I actually meant to post this in the general discussion, but I guess it works here too.

@Kaden Interesting.  I'll have to do some analysis on -res vs -def w/ L&D.  It probably won't be practical either way in Arena, but it could help in Vortex mode quite a bit.  I guess in the long run you would want a -res Gaius and a -def Kagero for sake of completion.  

Edited by Lushen

18 minutes ago, Lushen said:

@Kaden Interesting.  I'll have to do some analysis on -res vs -def w/ L&D.  It probably won't be practical either way in Arena, but it could help in Vortex mode quite a bit.  I guess in the long run you would want a -res Gaius and a -def Kagero for sake of completion.  

-Def Kagero is quite hilarious. 50 physical to OHKO or 35x2 to 2HKO. I have a -HP, +Spd Kagero, it's not fun when she explodes from anything that touches her. She's a 4*, so it's worse; 46 physical or 51 magical to one-shot or 33x2 physical or 38x2 magical to 2HKO. Hey, that's what happens when you're a glass cannon ranged unit.

I have two 4* Kagero's sitting in my barracks, and was wondering which nature was better: +Atk/-Spd or +Spd/-Res. I'm unlikely to 5* her anytime soon, if ever, but I thought it might be fun to get a 4* version up to level 40. I feel like the +Atk one is probably better, but any thoughts?

I know we've mentioned this before, but I have no idea when, so I'm just going to ask again: what's a good miscellaneous set for Florina? Once Tana comes out, I'm probably going to use her as my main, but with IS's reticence in coughing up a Magvel banner, I've probably got plenty of time to build and use her/offer her as a competent Voting Gauntlet teammate.

53 minutes ago, Astellius said:

I have two 4* Kagero's sitting in my barracks, and was wondering which nature was better: +Atk/-Spd or +Spd/-Res. I'm unlikely to 5* her anytime soon, if ever, but I thought it might be fun to get a 4* version up to level 40. I feel like the +Atk one is probably better, but any thoughts?

Go with +Spd, -Res. +Atk is great, but -Spd is bad when she also wants speed so she can double as many units as she can, especially infantry units. If she were a 5*, she'd get 56 wins, 4 losses, and 86 draws without her default passives while +Atk, -Spd gets 48 wins, 4 losses, and 94 wins. For comparison, a neutral Kagero would get 45 wins, 4 losses, and 97 draws.

Basically, +Spd means she can get 33 attack and speed as a 4* while +Atk, -Spd means she gets 36 attack and 27 speed as a 4* which is high attack for a dagger unit, but really low speed for a dagger unit. 5* with +Spd means 35 attack and speed, so, a dagger Cordelia while +Atk, -Spd 5* Kagero would have 38 attack, but 29 speed which would kind of be like a +Spd Cherche, but without access to a Brave weapon, weapon triangle advantage, or Cherche's bulk.

Also, this long-winded post I just made that mentions what a +Spd, -Res Kagero with L&D3 is capable of along with +Atk, -Res Kagero who is better than +Spd, -Res Kagero: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/68256-fire-emblem-heroes-general-discussion-and-links/&page=804#comment-4902235.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

I know we've mentioned this before, but I have no idea when, so I'm just going to ask again: what's a good miscellaneous set for Florina? Once Tana comes out, I'm probably going to use her as my main, but with IS's reticence in coughing up a Magvel banner, I've probably got plenty of time to build and use her/offer her as a competent Voting Gauntlet teammate.

I am not sure what you mean by miscellaneous, but this is the best I can come up with:
Florina +Atk -Res
Brave Lance, Glacies
Death Blow, Lancebreaker
99 Wins, 14 Losses, 33 Draws

I find Reposition to be the most useful Assist in general. It does not really matter for C Passive as long as it is not flier buffs since not everyone will use a flier team. Her default Breath of Life is pretty decent, so I do not think you need to waste SP getting her another C Passive. For some reason, Glacies allows her to get the most kills. Moonbow, Luna, and Iceberg all gave her 98 wins. If you also plan to give her a Seal, Atk +1 boosts her wins to 103. I would advise against giving her QP since lowering the cool down of Glacies drops her wins to 98 for some reason. I suspect it might be due to a vanilla unit using Pavise or Escutcheon.

Death Blow is not expensive, but if you do not have it, it can be substituted with the usual L&D, Swift Sparrow, and Fury. Lbreaker can be replaced with Sbreaker. Glacies can be replaced by Moonbow, Luna, or Iceberg.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am not sure what you mean by miscellaneous, but this is the best I can come up with:
Florina +Atk -Res
Brave Lance, Glacies
Death Blow, Lancebreaker
99 Wins, 14 Losses, 33 Draws

I find Reposition to be the most useful Assist in general. It does not really matter for C Passive as long as it is not flier buffs since not everyone will use a flier team. Her default Breath of Life is pretty decent, so I do not think you need to waste SP getting her another C Passive. For some reason, Glacies allows her to get the most kills. Moonbow, Luna, and Iceberg all gave her 98 wins. If you also plan to give her a Seal, Atk +1 boosts her wins to 103. I would advise against giving her QP since lowering the cool down of Glacies drops her wins to 98 for some reason. I suspect it might be due to a vanilla unit using Pavise or Escutcheon.

Death Blow is not expensive, but if you do not have it, it can be substituted with the usual L&D, Swift Sparrow, and Fury. Lbreaker can be replaced with Sbreaker. Glacies can be replaced by Moonbow, Luna, or Iceberg.

It's mostly just some set I can throw up without significant investment to make my favourite unit in the game... decent until my real favourite shows up.

As in, it'll probably be plain Brave Lance, Glacies, Lancebreaker 2 from Arthur and vanilla Darting Blow due to the lack of better resources. Unless I use Hawkeye for Death Blow 2.

I have a three (3*) Florina duplicates... how badly would I want Ardent Sacrifice/Darting Blow fodder before I use them as cheap merges?

This is a question about gaccha games in general. Are they allowed to do balance tweaks to characters or is that off the table because people spend real money to get characters?

If they can't change it, does that mean the only way to affect the game balance is to add more content without changing old content?

Edited by NekoKnight

36 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

This is a question about gaccha games in general. Are they allowed to do balance tweaks to characters or is that off the table because people spend real money to get characters?

If they can't change it, does that mean the only way to affect the game balance is to add more content without changing old content?

They are allowed to make changes as long as players are compensated. However, because it's rather difficult to determine how much things are worth, most companies don't bother.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They are allowed to make changes as long as players are compensated. However, because it's rather difficult to determine how much things are worth, most companies don't bother.

I see. I was thinking about how Raven tomes work and the combo it makes with Triangle Adept. It used to be that bow and dagger users weren't that common  (and they're both physical ranged) so TA + Raven tome was a usefull but not overpowered utility. With the the growing roster, skills to make healers combat viable and the possible introduction of Laguz characters, I'm wondering if "WTA against all colorless" is going to become pretty broken. Most breaker skills only cover a part of a part of the triangle, let alone creating a counter to an entire color.

I can't comment on pro level balance but I think colorless are in a bad spot since TA Raven shits all over them.

2 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I see. I was thinking about how Raven tomes work and the combo it makes with Triangle Adept. It used to be that bow and dagger users weren't that common  (and they're both physical ranged) so TA + Raven tome was a usefull but not overpowered utility. With the the growing roster, skills to make healers combat viable and the possible introduction of Laguz characters, I'm wondering if "WTA against all colorless" is going to become pretty broken. Most breaker skills only cover a part of a part of the triangle, let alone creating a counter to an entire color.

I can't comment on pro level balance but I think colorless are in a bad spot since TA Raven shits all over them.

Can someone explain to me why people think laguz are going to be colourless? If shapeshifters were going to be colourless, the dragons would've been.

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Can someone explain to me why people think laguz are going to be colourless? If shapeshifters were going to be colourless, the dragons would've been.

Just a theory. Dragons have elemental breath attacks, Laguz (besides dragons) generally use claws or teeth.

Edit: Then again, dragons can share their weapons so who knows.

Edited by NekoKnight

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Agreed.  Laguz have more reason to be colored than dragons.  They could do different colors for the different beast types.  Green for Eagles/Ravens, Blue for Cats/Bears, Red for Dragons.  

edit @NekoKnightYet, they let you transfer the breaths around regardless of color.

Edited by Lushen

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

Agreed.  Laguz have more reason to be colored than dragons.  They could do different colors for the different beast types.  Green for Eagles/Ravens, Blue for Cats/Bears, Red for Dragons.  

edit @NekoKnightYet, they let you transfer the breaths around regardless of color.

If colorless, Laguz would be the first colorless melee fighters, so there is that distinction.

2 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Just a theory. Dragons have elemental breath attacks, Laguz (besides dragons) generally use claws or teeth.

And the dragons so far have been all over the place in terms of staying consistent with that. Nowi and Tiki literally have the same weapon, as do Fae and Ninian. I couldn't tell you if Nowi and Tiki are actually the same kind of dragon in Awakening, but I know Fae and Ninian are not.

I’m almost sure the beast shifters (including the birds and the taguel) will be coloured according to their species and original weaknesses, with the three herons as grey.

Edited by Vaximillian