"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

I'm trying to get a horse emblem team together if anyone can help me out put a solid team. The units I have are as followed and I'm willing to upgrade anyone and SI as needed and for whatever I have multiples I'll try to find the best IV one that I own  ;

5*

Xander

Camus

Peri 

Reinhardt

Cecilia

4*

Stahl

Jagen

Abel

Roderick

Burket

Sully 

Reinhardt

Ursula

Fredrick

Gunter

Cecilia

3*

Eilwood

Clarine

Thanks for anyone that helps 

And if this belongs somewhere else please tell me so I can post there instead :) 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Hm... if a win against Camus is all I'm losing otherwise, then I guess I'll have to start pulling from the LnD banner while I can...

If you use Lancebreaker, Cordelia should win against most neutral vanilla Lance units.

3 minutes ago, CorruptedChrome said:

I'm trying to get a horse emblem team together if anyone can help me out put a solid team. The units I have are as followed and I'm willing to upgrade anyone and SI as needed and for whatever I have multiples I'll try to find the best IV one that I own

Thanks for anyone that helps 

And if this belongs somewhere else please tell me so I can post there instead :) 

Cecilia +Spd -Res
Gronnblade, Moonbow
Life and Death, Desperation

Cecilia +Atk -Def/Res
Gronnraven, Moonbow
Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte

Reinhardt +Atk
Dire Thunder, Moonbow
Death Blow, Lancebreaker

Ursula
Blarblade, Moonbow
Life and Death, Lancebreaker/Desperation

Xander
Siegfried, Moonbow
Fury/Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte

I personally prefer Blade Cecilia a bit more than Raven Cecilia, but they are both pretty good.

15 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

If I give Cecila Fortify Calvary, can she still stack allies with her Rally Res?

Higher field buffs replace lower field buffs. You can only have one field buff per stat.

12 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Through watching the channel Gamesbrained, he mentioned that the week starting 11th August (somehow) is a Japanese holiday. What is this holiday, and would the Hero Fest be related to it?

Unless your weeks start on a Friday, no week this year starts on August 11.

According to Outlook, August 11 is Mountain Day, which has nothing to do with anything in-game.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Unless your weeks start on a Friday, no week this year starts on August 11.

According to Outlook, August 11 is Mountain Day, which has nothing to do with anything in-game.

I was wondering that. Maybe I misheard.

Hm... I heard 'week-long JP holiday' and Hero Fest was the first thing that came to mind- last Hero Fest was also celebrating a JP holiday, after all.

48 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Higher field buffs replace lower field buffs. You can only have one field buff per stat.

Well damn, it sounds like there's no point in the Rally Res then. Well other then just rallying the unit that didn't get the buffs.

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Something I'm wondering about Cordelia (+Att -Res) with the typical Brave Lance+ build.

In most cases of a unit with high speed using a Brave weapon, you'd give them Life and Death 3 to negate the Speed penalty while still retaining an attack bonus. In cases of a unit with low Speed, you instead go for Death Blow 3 to grant a powerful Player Phase with the only drawback being a weakened Enemy Phase, which shouldn't matter anyways, and the units bulk remains the same. The difference in damage, for a Brave Unit, is only 2 less for a LnD3 user.

Cordelia, on the other hand, and at least from the Brave Lance+ build on the wiki, is listed as running Death Blow 3, despite her having base neutral 35 speed, which becomes 30 speed with a Brave Lance.

Running through KageroChart calculator One vs All, two different +Att -Res Brave Cords, one with DB3 and the other with LnD3, no buffs, no Sacred Seal, and cooldown 3 on Luna...

• DB3 Cordelia has 122 wins, 8 losses, and 22 draws. Most of her losses come from Greens with Emerald Axe or Triangle Adept 3, bulky strong greens like Hector, and Blues who are otherwise just bulky or have enough HP to survive 2 attacks, such as Nowi or Oboro.
  • LnD3 Cordelia has 130 wins, 12 losses, and 10 draws, which means that 12 matchups were affected in changing the skill, for better or worse. Changes to wins come from units who were just fast enough to prevent Cordelia from doubling, like Nowi or Oboro, and changes to losses come from units who previously were only barely able to kill Cordelia, such as Bartre.

Basically, which is the technically "better" of the two? Do the wins gained with LnD3 make up for the losses gained? Is Death Blow just a safer skill in general? Also, as far as I could tell, the only Win lost from DB3 to LnD3 was Camus.

While Cordelia is plenty strong enough to run without other fliers, The reason DB3 Cordelia is favored is because she performs better with pretty much any offensive buffs. So if you are running any other fliers with her, or even a standard buffing unit, DB3 is better.

44 minutes ago, Boltlightning said:

I'm trying to make a good team. The 5 star heroes I have are 2 lucina's, 1 Cordelia, 1 Lyn, 1 Corrin(summer) and 1 Celica. 

Depending on what you are facing, the team could run like this 

Celica / Lucina for red, Cordelia / S Corrin for blue, and you need a strong green unit, I would recommend try Summon a Nino since she is pretty common to check blue units. 

Speaking of Nino, what am I supposed to do with all of her? There's more of her than mages that could use a blade tome. 

Snip-it_1502149075765.jpg.592b39ca4e3fb2f61c28eefc09be4a03.jpg

29 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’ve got exactly 20,999 feathers. Where the hell did the 9 come from?

@Jingle Jangle: Draw Back? Hone Atk?

In early March, there was a Celebration bonus  to celebration the release to the Switch of 3,333 feathers. Some  other event addedthe last digit to nine.

Thanks, it never occurred to me to use her draw back fodder .

Edited by Jingle Jangle

14 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

In early March, there was a Celebration bonus  to celebration the release to the Switch of 3,333 feathers.

Makes sense. 9=5+3+1

Where did the one feather come from then? Did we get 1,111 or 11,111 once?

3 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Why Sonya is listed better than Soren in gamepress despite by natural stat, he is faster than her? because Mirror Strike? 

Because magical wo dao? Because higher Res + Res Ploy?

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I’ve got exactly 20,999 feathers. Where the hell did the 9 come from?

@Jingle Jangle: Draw Back? Hone Atk?

It's probably not even the reasons that have already been given to you: if you greet 4 or less friends, you wind up only getting feathers equal to the amount of friends you greeted. I've had it happen to me a few times, and it still bothers me that my feather total is now unrecoverably not a multiple of 5.

So a very low-key question... what the hell is up with the fancy presentation of telling me "YOU GOT 2 ORBS!!!"

Yes I know it's been 6 months and all, but... overkill much? We've had this event happen like 30 or 40 times already, and it was never met with confetti and gold.

Edited by Xenomata

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

It's probably not even the reasons that have already been given to you: if you greet 4 or less friends, you wind up only getting feathers equal to the amount of friends you greeted. I've had it happen to me a few times, and it still bothers me that my feather total is now unrecoverable.

Hmm, this might be the case. Though the only way this could have happened was soon after release, because I don’t think I hadn’t added a tonne of randoms right away.

Edited by Vaximillian

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Hmm, this might be the case. Though the only way this could have happened was soon after release, because I don’t think I hadn’t added a tonne of randoms right away.

And that's why it is now unrecoverable for me ;-;

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

So a very low-key question... what the hell is up with the fancy presentation of telling me "YOU GOT 2 ORBS!!!"

Yes I know it's been 6 months and all, but... overkill much? We've had this event happen like 30 or 40 times already, and it was never met with confetti and gold.

We are getting free orbs all the way to August 22nd. The longest period of free orbs since the launch of the game ( I think). Just think of this as the 12 days of Christmas, only the same gift everyday.

A/B) What should I be aiming for to make Celica good and Gray... solid enough to hold his own?

C) Which Chain Challenge is good for greens? I want to top out my Merric to get that monkey off my back but he didn't like 3/4...

6 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Why Sonya is listed better than Soren in gamepress despite by natural stat, he is faster than her? because Mirror Strike? 

Currently, most tier lists are entirely subjective and it depends on who is rating it. Until we can make a proper tier list without bias, I would not take them too seriously.

For example, I would personally rate Soren higher since Dark Excalibur is generally inferior to Gronnblade, and Soren can run Gronnblade better; Sonya's stat spread is just inferior in my opinion. However, going by that metric alone, it means Dancers/Singer are crap. There is no way for me to quantify the effectiveness of Dance/Sing objectively, so I could say they are A tier because they are over powered as they can give an ally nuke another turn, or I could say they are B tier because they do not technically kill much by themselves.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

A/B) What should I be aiming for to make Celica good and Gray... solid enough to hold his own?

C) Which Chain Challenge is good for greens? I want to top out my Merric to get that monkey off my back but he didn't like 3/4...

Celica +Atk -Def
Ragnarok, Moonbow
Life and Death, Swordbreaker/Desperation

Celica +Spd -Def
Rauðrblade, Moonbow

Gray +Atk -Res
Brave Sword, Luna
Life and Death, Swordbreaker

I used Chapter 7 & 8 to train Hector.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

Celica +Atk -Def
Ragnarok, Moonbow

Celica +Spd -Def
Rauðrblade, Moonbow

Gray +Atk -Res
Brave Sword, Luna
Life and Death, Swordbreaker

...Probably should've specified Celica was +HP -Atk and Gray +Def -Spd. Not all of us are working in theoreticals.

22 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...Probably should've specified Celica was +HP -Atk and Gray +Def -Spd. Not all of us are working in theoreticals.

They should still use the same skill sets. I double checked Gray's A passive, and Life and Death is superior to Death Blow by a few kills. You can go with Death Blow as the difference is not too much, but if you do pull a better version of Gray, Life and Death will definitely be better.