"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’d prefer the +Atk one. Her Spd and Def are already mostly unsalvagable, so might want to improve her good stat.

Yeah, she still wouldn't be doubling much of anything even with neutral Spd so that Spd bane really isn't doing her that much of a disservice. +Atk one it is. Thanks for the input!

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just pulled a 4 star +Spd/-Def Cordelia, which is really awesome.

Question is, should I keep using Brave Lance on her or should I give her Firesweep Lance? (I was planning on giving Firesweep/Rally Def/Res to Berkut for TT but now Cordelia sounds appealing). Which is more effective for her nature?

If i go Firesweep though I'll need to invest 20k feathers for the build, and 20k when I eventually promote her..

I'm guessing Luna is the preferred skill either way?

Hmm, question. I pulled my first Roderick today and wondered what to do with him. He's amazing skill fodder material and while it's ofcourse very dependant on my values, what would you guys consider better? Giving Rally Def/Res and Drive Def 2 to Ephraim (with mage team) or give Firesweep Lance+ to someone like Cordelia or Hinoka for Flier Emblem?

2 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

So I got my second Linde, and I'm wondering which one to keep. 

One of them is +Def/-Res and the other is +Res/-Def.

+Res. Linde isn't Delthea levels of bad, but she's not taking physical hits well.

4 hours ago, Chelone said:

How do I salvage a -atk/+res Ike? 

Well -ATK Ike still has 48 ATK which isn't bad at all. You can always go ahead and give him Fury which will bump him up to 51, so he'll function like a neutral ATK Ike. At the very least a +RES Ike will have a little bit better survivability against mages. I wouldn't try to turn him into a mage duelist because 24 RES (with Fury) isn't that much, and he's not fast enough to go one on one with a lot of mages. But if you wanted to play around with the idea for certain GHBs or BHB (not the Arena. Definitely not the Arena), giving him a tomebreaker might be useful. But I'd stick with Swordbreaker or Quick Riposte. 

2 hours ago, Birdy said:

Hmm, question. I pulled my first Roderick today and wondered what to do with him. He's amazing skill fodder material and while it's ofcourse very dependant on my values, what would you guys consider better? Giving Rally Def/Res and Drive Def 2 to Ephraim (with mage team) or give Firesweep Lance+ to someone like Cordelia or Hinoka for Flier Emblem?

Like you said, it's pretty dependent on your values. It's kind of a hard choice. For me, it would come down to which characters I like more/use more. In this situation, I feel like my Cordelia functions well enough with her Brave Lance (but I don't have any experience with Hinoka, so I couldn't say anything about that). However, if I wanted to use both of them on the same team, I'd probably opt to give one of them the Firesweep build for variety. But I tend to use blade mages/buffers more than fliers for use outside of the Arena. That's just me though. I tend to pick favorites over practicality. 

Okay. Now I've kind of got a question. My Ninian is +ATK -DEF. I'm wondering will she benefit more from the extra bulk Fury provides or the extra protection from reds that Triangle Adept can provide? 

2 hours ago, Birdy said:

Firesweep Lance is the bestses fodder out of Roderick's kitses. Drive Def is nichses compared to Hone skillses and Rally Def / Res tends to be weaker than just giving Ephraim a positioning assistes. Doesn't stack with Foritfy Res sealses either!

18 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Like you said, it's pretty dependent on your values. It's kind of a hard choice. For me, it would come down to which characters I like more/use more. In this situation, I feel like my Cordelia functions well enough with her Brave Lance (but I don't have any experience with Hinoka, so I couldn't say anything about that). However, if I wanted to use both of them on the same team, I'd probably opt to give one of them the Firesweep build for variety. But I tend to use blade mages/buffers more than fliers for use outside of the Arena. That's just me though. I tend to pick favorites over practicality. 

Okay. Now I've kind of got a question. My Ninian is +ATK -DEF. I'm wondering will she benefit more from the extra bulk Fury provides or the extra protection from reds that Triangle Adept can provide? 

Yep, I agree on the fact that it's pretty dependant on what I (will) play more. Thing is, neither will be in my arena team and both teams will be used in Arena Assault & Chain/Squad Challenges. I'm using a mage team as my arena team (S!Elise, Tharja, B!Caeda and Azura) and Ephraim will be on my second mage team (Nino, Sanaki, Linde & Ephraim). My flier team consists of Sum!Corrin, Spr!Camilla, Hinoka and Minerva, so no double brave lance, and like you, I feel brave lance does a good enough job as is (Also, I should really level Palla or Caeda...).

I'm leaning towards sacrificing Roderick to Ephraim, but I'll think about it for a bit. Thanks for your help! As for Ninian, I would go for definitly go for Fury. It will probably save her from quite some double attacks that most reds will do to her without fury, doing most likely more damage towards her as they would have if she had TA. If I put in Fury in the Battle Simulator, Ninian has 35 wins and 1 loss. If I give her TA, she ends up with 19 wins and 12 losses. Granted, battle simulators are not always a good representation of a unit, but it's atleast a sign.

16 minutes ago, Legion! said:

Firesweep Lance is the bestses fodder out of Roderick's kitses. Drive Def is nichses compared to Hone skillses and Rally Def / Res tends to be weaker than just giving Ephraim a positioning assistes. Doesn't stack with Foritfy Res sealses either!

Hmm, you might be right. Honestly, now that I think about it, I wonder what C-skills I would give the other mages if Ephraim is already handeling everyone's buffs...

32 minutes ago, Legion! said:

If you want to game arena points, Rally Def/Res is worth twice the amount of a regular Assist skill. Drive Def is also high sp.

11 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

What app are you  using to take snips for the game? Mine isn't great?

And how often you upgrade three star to four star for skill inheritance? I have quite the roster of 3* skill fodder but it adds up promoting a lot of units.

I use a default screenshot function of my Android phone: Power + Volume Down.

I promote as often as I need the skills.

1 hour ago, salinea said:

If you want to game arena points, Rally Def/Res is worth twice the amount of a regular Assist skill. Drive Def is also high sp.

Oh ho ho! Legion knowses this. But Birdy didn't give specificses for what he wanted to fodder Roderick for. Uwe hee hee.

1 hour ago, Birdy said:

Hmm, you might be right. Honestly, now that I think about it, I wonder what C-skills I would give the other mages if Ephraim is already handeling everyone's buffs...

Spur Atk and Spd would be good, we thinkses. But Ephraim doesn't use Hone Atk, so either that or Drive Atkses would be nice on your other mages, hmm? Might not always be possible to keep everyone together for buffses, we thinks.

Edited by Legion!

2 minutes ago, Ottokar said:

How would you know what advantages and disadvantages (viz +Spd/-Atk) a hero would have?

Compare your stats to the base stats at level 1 or level 40 listed on any resource site (I use the Gamepedia wiki) or find an automatic calculator and plug your stats in.

Most places only work with level 1 or level 40 because stats in between are fixed, but highly erratic.

5 minutes ago, Ottokar said:

How would you know what advantages and disadvantages (viz +Spd/-Atk) a hero would have?

Compare your hero’s stats with a calculator here if they are level 1 or 40. If level 20 to 39 and not 5★, you can enter the Unlock Potential dialogue to see the level 1 start of the next rarity, and then compare them with the calculator.

Bonfire versus Ignis on Subaki - thoughts? I usually go for the 3CD special without question, but my experience using Subaki (as a 3* lol) has mostly been luring a sword into a battle of attrition where he takes 0 damage and chips them down slowly, so Ignis doesn't sound bad for some extra oomph to close the duel out faster. Still not sure if it's worth the extra CD turn though.

10 minutes ago, azurrys said:

Bonfire versus Ignis on Subaki - thoughts? I usually go for the 3CD special without question, but my experience using Subaki (as a 3* lol) has mostly been luring a sword into a battle of attrition where he takes 0 damage and chips them down slowly, so Ignis doesn't sound bad for some extra oomph to close the duel out faster. Still not sure if it's worth the extra CD turn though.

Bonfire if you wantses to keep his Sapphire Lances, and Ignis if you want to give him a Killer Lances. With QR / QP combo he can proc his special on the counter regardless of whether or not he takes a double attackses. Uwe hee hee.

12 minutes ago, Legion! said:

Bonfire if you wantses to keep his Sapphire Lances, and Ignis if you want to give him a Killer Lances. With QR / QP combo he can proc his special on the counter regardless of whether or not he takes a double attackses. Uwe hee hee.

Good point there, thank you for the reply! I'm not yet sure how heavily I want to invest in him (I'm using him actively in Arena Assault but have too many other good fliers to warrant using him outside of that) so I'll think about it a bit before making up my mind. QP is never leaving Reinhardt unless I actually need him to not proc Moonbow on T1 so Subaki's never going to get it.

4 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

So out of my Ryoma (+Def, -Res) and my Ike (+Res, -HP), which one would Vantage be better on?

Ryoma, both for flavorses and better Spdses, Legion thinks. Ike likes QR moreses than Vantage to prop up his own Spdses.

Just now, Legion! said:

Ryoma, both for flavorses and better Spdses, Legion thinks. Ike likes QR moreses than Vantage to prop up his own Spdses.

Awesome. Thanks, Legion! I can always count on you. :lol:

i'm trying to compose a debuff defense team for funsies, and i keep getting stuck on who to put in the lineup..the criteria is basically: did you dump your attack stat for good def, res, and at least middling spd aka can you at least live through almost any attack from any colour. F!Corn (her res isn't fab but debuff breath) and Selena are definitely keepers. i want an axe user for Legion's axe, but none of the axe users really fit for me..Titania and Sheena especially (since Warden's) would be nice but the movement difference on a defense team kinda defeats the whole purpose since i want them kinda clumped together at least marginally so they can take advantage of each others' debuffing. i also thought Saizo would be a good idea and i have a +Spd/-HP one but he collapses if a mage glances at him and i'm just not feeling it. but there's not really another dagger user that is bulky in both res and def that could take his dagger for the sick AOE debuffing...i'm just not sure who to put in 4th slot. Clarisse was a possibility, or putting her bow on someone, but eh..Odin has a decent spread for my needs, and with Raven tome even better, but Corn is already blue magic damage..

and yeah ik this team will be pretty suck, but..fun..also i'm too poor to inherit Ploys. i'm not sure if i should only do Threaten for C slot, since it will probably turn out inefficient in debuffing the same stuff twice. putting buffs there instead so the team is buffed while you're suffering through debuff hell sounds oppressive. in theory. or maybe just put Savage Blow on everyone to annoy people. B skills are definitely going to be Seals. A skill is something to maximize bulk, either HP+5 or Fury. i'm conflicted because Fury is obviously better, but this team is about staying alive as long as possible and annoying the pee out of the enemy, and that recoil damage is a fair chunk of health.