"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

13 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Best A and B skill for Flier Emblem Palla? Mine has neutral IVs right now, if I pull one with +Atk or +Spd, I'll use that one.

Edit: I'll likely keep Ruby Sword and Moonbow on her.

If you have trouble with Hector, or are paranoid about Hector spam, you can try the following:

Ruby Sword/Armorslayer, Moonbow
Fury/Close Defense/Triangle Adept, Vantage

Ruby Sword and Close Defense will allow her to kill Hector+10 if she has Hone Flier with minimal damage.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured it might be fun to build an arena team around the Defiant Def+Ignis Seliph build. Yes, I know it's suboptimal, but I've made it as far as I want to in the arena for right now and just kinda want to mess around with unconventional stuff. What units would be best to support Seliph? I'm thinking a dedicated mage killer (Niles/Felicia/???) and a strong Brave Axe user to break through the blues that Seliph sometimes has trouble with, so maybe Cherche or Bartre? Any suggestions are appreciated.

2 hours ago, Orange Juice said:

I figured it might be fun to build an arena team around the Defiant Def+Ignis Seliph build. Yes, I know it's suboptimal, but I've made it as far as I want to in the arena for right now and just kinda want to mess around with unconventional stuff. What units would be best to support Seliph? I'm thinking a dedicated mage killer (Niles/Felicia/???) and a strong Brave Axe user to break through the blues that Seliph sometimes has trouble with, so maybe Cherche or Bartre? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Let's start with Things Seliph Doesn't Want To Fight:

- Things that can ping him from a distance
- Blue units
- Stuff with Swordbreaker
- Things that attack his Res stat

This means you'll want

- Two units that attack from a distance (one will work, but it's not optimal IMO)
- A strong green unit
- Stuff that can kill something with Swordbreaker
- Stuff that can absorb Res hits

"Stuff that can absorb Res hits" and "things that attack from a distance" point to a mage.  Throw in "strong green unit", and you're looking at one of Nino/Julia (or an event gal).  You'll definitely want a dancer, so Seliph isn't in range of things like mages after he obliterates something with Ignis - either of Azura/Ninian will work.  The last unit is a bit of a wild card - I prefer a -raven user, since colorless units are ranged attackers.  M!Robin will work nicely, since your dancer may have better things to do with her time.

Regardless, you'll want Hone Atk/Spd in that mix, somewhere.

3 hours ago, Orange Juice said:

Seliph is pretty much a dead weight, so just build your team as if he is not there. It is generally better to build around a strong core and rather than around a weak unit.

Since you already got a red unit as support, you would want blue and green units. Cecilia and Ursula are pretty good free cavalry units, and they can be pretty broken when supporting each other. If you do not have them for some reason, you can go with Blade infantry like Nino or Linde. Your last unit should be a Dancer/Singer.

If you want to bring in a bonus unit in addition to Seliph, you will have to drop one of the mages or the Dancer/Singer.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Seliph is pretty much a dead weight, so just build your team as if he is not there. It is generally better to build around a strong core and rather than around a weak unit.

Since you already got a red unit as support, you would want blue and green units. Cecilia and Ursula are pretty good free cavalry units, and they can be pretty broken when supporting each other. If you do not have them for some reason, you can go with Blade infantry like Nino or Linde. Your last unit should be a Dancer/Singer.

If you want to bring in a bonus unit in addition to Seliph, you will have to drop one of the mages or the Dancer/Singer.

I don't care how sub-optimal some builds are.  If someone is dead-set around building something around that unit, focus on that unit.  This isn't the "make everything optimal" type of question this is a "I want to use this unit to its fullest using these parameters".

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I don't care how sub-optimal some builds are.  If someone is dead-set around building something around that unit, focus on that unit.  This isn't the "make everything optimal" type of question this is a "I want to use this unit to its fullest using these parameters".

You can still use Seliph to his fullest potential if his teammates are optimized. Just because one unit is suboptimal does not mean that the rest of the team needs to be suboptimal too. Rather than trying to fix Seliph's weaknesses, it is better to use him to fix stronger units' weaknesses. You still get to use Seliph, but you do not have to rely on him to carry the team.

With a strong Blade mage core, Seliph can focus on taking down green units like Hector that blue and green mages cannot touch. It is okay if Seliph cannot kill non green units because his teammates can nuke reds and blues out of existence.

On the other hand, if you try to make Seliph the primary damage dealer, he is not exactly great at eliminating greens with his build and he will have trouble facing against reds. You will need to bring along a debuffer and maybe a healer just so Seliph can kill something and survive.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

"Stuff that can absorb Res hits" and "things that attack from a distance" point to a mage.  Throw in "strong green unit", and you're looking at one of Nino/Julia (or an event gal).  You'll definitely want a dancer, so Seliph isn't in range of things like mages after he obliterates something with Ignis - either of Azura/Ninian will work.  The last unit is a bit of a wild card - I prefer a -raven user, since colorless units are ranged attackers.  M!Robin will work nicely, since your dancer may have better things to do with her time.

Regardless, you'll want Hone Atk/Spd in that mix, somewhere.

This is like, literally how my main team looks XD

Except you'd replace Seliph with Lyn

@Orange Juice you can, like, pretty much put anyone with Azura + Nino. I even used Alfonse and all he did was use reposition (like, seriously, he didn't attack once in my whole streak) and I still got a deathless streak! So like, using that core is tooootally great especially if you have reposition on your Seliph!

But the thing is, like, it doesn't answer your original question of "what supports Seliph" and is more like "what can Seliph support". That being said, I think what @XRay stated is correct. Seliph is like, dead weight. It's soooo hard to make him the star of the show....

The only crazy thing I can think of is like, maybe surrounding him with spur defense buffers? Also, defiant defense doesn't stack with his regular weapon :(

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

On the other hand, if you try to make Seliph the primary damage dealer, he is not exactly great at eliminating greens with his build and he will have trouble facing against reds. You will need to bring along a debuffer and maybe a healer just so Seliph can kill something and survive.

This would've been a much better answer.  Seliph will overkill squishy green things (Nino), but probably isn't the best at dueling the likes of Bartre (who I barely see in the arena).

3 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

The only crazy thing I can think of is like, maybe surrounding him with spur defense buffers? Also, defiant defense doesn't stack with his regular weapon :(

Huh.  The description reads like a Spur.  Is it a typo?  For comparison, Alfonse's reads like Defiant Atk 2.

(not like this wouldn't be the first thing that doesn't work as advertised, but still)

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Huh.  The description reads like a Spur.  Is it a typo?  For comparison, Alfonse's reads like Defiant Atk 2.

(not like this wouldn't be the first thing that doesn't work as advertised, but still)

OOPS!

Nevermind lol I don't use Seliph, nor have I ever cared to learn about him so I assumed it was like defiant defense! My mistake HEH

@Orange Juice ignore me~

Edit: @XRay I was thinking about healer too, but like, the purpose of the build is to get him to 50% HP and hit with a crazy damage Ignis. I guess it could work, but like, I'm no sure....

Edited by Astolfo!

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

No word on any new Banner this weekend yet?  We're starting to be overdue for a new batch of characters.

Yeah so far there's like, nothing :/

If it's Magvel, I'm like, tooootally jumping off a cliff or something 

1 minute ago, Astolfo! said:

Yeah so far there's like, nothing :/

If it's Magvel, I'm like, tooootally jumping off a cliff or something 

Valter's impending GHB makes me think it would be Magvel.  I was expecting something yesterday, and definitely by today, since it's been over 2 weeks now that we've had Gratuitous Fan Service Banner, and I thought the new Chapter/Paralogue would drop before the Legion rebattle, since it would be odd to start them on the same day, and any later would really be going longer without a new banner than we've ever gone before.

27 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

Edit: @XRay I was thinking about healer too, but like, the purpose of the build is to get him to 50% HP and hit with a crazy damage Ignis. I guess it could work, but like, I'm no sure....

If he was to make Seliph the main damage dealer and use him to attack some bulky red unit like Ike or even a blue unit, I am not sure if the higher defense is going to help if his HP is so low. With a healer, he can take a counter attack, and maybe finish off the opponent with Dancer/Singer support.

@eclipse Thanks for the advice. I hadn't considered a raven tome unit, so I'll look into that.

@XRayand @Astolfo!: Yeah, I get that Seliph isn't very good. And believe me, when I want to maximize my wins, I won't be using Seliph. I'll be using the more optimal things like Nino, Ursula, Reinhardt, Cecilia, etc. like you guys said and that I've been using this whole time (I'm on Tier 19 in the Arena). The Seliph team is just for my off-weeks when I let myself drop a tier and decide to just mess around instead of worrying about wins. I just don't really feel like doing the constant grinding to stay in Tier 20 if/when I get there. (To be fair, I should have been a bit more specific and mentioned this when I first posted.) 

I have been looking at which of my units I should upgrade to 5* for combat or for +weapons. I can always use an axe person or Fae. Or should I upgrade Odin and give his Barblade+ to my attk-/res+ flying Corrin?

By the way @Astolfo!

Which FE fates game is better to start with Birthright or Conquest? 'Cuse one is somehow cheaper than the other in cartridge form.

25 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

I have been looking at which of my units I should upgrade to 5* for combat or for +weapons. I can always use an axe person or Fae. Or should I upgrade Odin and give his Barblade+ to my attk-/res+ flying Corrin?

Like, -Atk stinks, buuuut..... it doesn't necessarily make Corrin, like, invalid for the build. What do you need more? Strong green unit or like, strong blue unit?

26 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

By the way @Astolfo!

Which FE fates game is better to start with Birthright or Conquest? 'Cuse one is somehow cheaper than the other in cartridge form.

Conquest is for those who like, are hardcore with FE/ more experienced cause it's soooo much harder gameplay wise. Birthright is a little easier, since you can grind unlike Conquest. Story wise, I'm not like, 100% sure.

But you tooootally know which has Oboro ;)

Spoiler

Also I've never played any fates games before hen

I would say I need a strong axe first. I have a Raven, Michalis, @Legion! Narcian, I don't remember the boon for Raven but I am sure they it is not bad.

SF website is not clear on the different stories other than you can't ally with the other side. 

Spoiler

I can only imagine it is the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition!:D:

I have never played it before so I want to check it out. Looking at the character list, I am appalled at what S! Xander is doing with his inflatable toy. 

1 minute ago, Tamarsamar said:

My Barracks are starting to get a bit on the full side (specifically, I am at 174/200 right now). What is the best way to go about cleaning it out?

1 orb per 5 slots. It costs at least 20 orbs (15 at the start of a banner) to fill these 5 slots, so it’s a bargain.

Otherwise, send home those who can donate absolutely nothing useful (e. g., Oboro if no Eirika or Ephraim; Est, Raigh, Beruka, Virion etc.) and go on a skill inheritance spree.

5 minutes ago, Tamarsamar said:

My Barracks are starting to get a bit on the full side (specifically, I am at 174/200 right now). What is the best way to go about cleaning it out?

Oh that's very roomy! :)

- Do all the inheritance you wanted to do but waited for

- Delete useless units for inheritance

- Create some super merged 4*

- Spend orb to increase barrack

Edited by salinea

I was wondering if there are any units that actually prefer having neutral IVs and not have any of their stats tinkered with. I know there's arguments for Olivia and Merric (or at least have been in the past, I'm a returning player) but are there any others?

Honestly, I gladly take a neutral-natured unit over an unfavorably-natured one. This game knew I needed Blues, and was cruel in giving me waves of 4-and-5* Blue units with Atk and Spd banes. And then just now I pulled a neutral-natured Celica. We take those.