"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Arn said:

I actually used the free units until chapter 6, when I got 55 Orbs and did a x15 pull. I DID want Lyn but I wanted Genny too... well, I'm not gonna reroll again(I did 2 times before) and I'm sorta satisfied with those, but I want to make a team to 5* first.

Remember to keep at least one copy of each free unit! I made the mistake of sending some of them home. I had some trouble with Grand Hero Battles early on since I cannot copy certain strategies directly. The enemies may react differently depending on the units' stats, and summoned units rarely have the neutral nature that all free units have.

Maybe a silly question, but here goes.

I pulled a +Res/-Spd Ryoma in Hero Fest 1 and he's served me well thus far and is Level 40. However I just pulled a second Ryoma that's +Res/-Def. The former has 1200+ SP (and Axebreaker 1)  and I have an Abel saved up to give him Swordbreaker 1-3, so I wanted to know if I should keep him or feed him to the second (in other words, if IVs really are that important :P)

Thanks!

22 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Maybe a silly question, but here goes.

I pulled a +Res/-Spd Ryoma in Hero Fest 1 and he's served me well thus far and is Level 40. However I just pulled a second Ryoma that's +Res/-Def. The former has 1200+ SP (and Axebreaker 1)  and I have an Abel saved up to give him Swordbreaker 1-3, so I wanted to know if I should keep him or feed him to the second (in other words, if IVs really are that important :P)

Thanks!

Load up every last skill you want on the Ryoma with a ton of SP.  Then, merge the old one into the new one.  Have fun leveling him again~!

1 minute ago, Rinco said:

So, Horse Lyn. What skills should I aim to get on her? Planning on using her on Horse Emblem

Wait until she actually drops, and use her default skills in conjunction with your team.  Once you have a feel for what she does, you can swap things out.  I really like her default kit, though.

49 minutes ago, Rinco said:

So, Horse Lyn. What skills should I aim to get on her? Planning on using her on Horse Emblem

Maybe change her C slot for a cavalry buff. Other than that, I would keep her the same since her default kit is pretty useful. If you feel like you do not need her default kit, you can overhaul her set and give her a Brave Bow build. You might want to keep Sacae's Blessing anyway though, so you can counter Hector.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

It does.

Thanks. Got another question.

Does merging a lower rank unit into a higher rank unit still net the feather discount when you promote the unit? So if I merge a 3* into a 4* and decide to promote the 4* to 5*, does it still cost 20,000 feathers? I'm trying to get to clean out my box and I'm not sure if I should just send them home or merge into a unit that has good natures.

31 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Does merging a lower rank unit into a higher rank unit still net the feather discount when you promote the unit? So if I merge a 3* into a 4* and decide to promote the 4* to 5*, does it still cost 20,000 feathers?

It does count. In this case, it will cost 19,850.

Hm... Now that I think about it, it might be better to just send the units home so it can contribute to the total feather count so I can use it on anyone I want to promote later on. 

Edited by tobuShogi

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

Load up every last skill you want on the Ryoma with a ton of SP.  Then, merge the old one into the new one.  Have fun leveling him again~!

So the new Ryoma gets all the skills old Ryoma had, already unlocked?

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

If the old Ryoma had learned them, that is.

Got it. Then I suppose I'll keep him around until he's learned as many relevant skills as he possibly can (that's a lot of SP to burn after all). I hate IVs :'(

hey guys, first time poster so i hope this is the right thread

im f2p and looking for a few ideas on what to do with most of my crap tier units,

so my main team atm is +spd nino,+att cordelia + either ninian(TA,no real b skill atm) / buffbot eirika(TA+swordbreaker) / healer marth(will get fury at some point)

all expect ninian promoted to 5, couse i only seem to pull bad or bad IV 5 stars (-spd roderick, -spd summer robin fml...)

since i wanna do squad assaults and the high lvl chain challenges at some point i need a few more good units, also i wasnt playing when op stuff like bridelia camus or xander were available so i cant easy mode most infernal stuff

also im looking for a good arena defense setup couse i rarly get any defense wins.

so first my -spd 5*roderick, i was thinking of giving his lance to cordelia or promote my 4star +spd -def roderick and +1 him, maybe he could be strong in arena defense with life and death and a dancer ?would have 51att 42 spd unbuffed if my maths correct

summer robin +att -spd, well except for slapping a brave lance+ on her wich i cant afford i dont see any point in using her at all?i have a 4 star cordelia so i could give her a normal brave lance...

+hp -spd 5* mathilda, well another top tier IV, so shes got nothing good to inherit and she kinda sucks even with good IVs, anyway to make her work except the bravelance+life and death strat wich i cant do since im f2p ?

-hp+def 4*nowi, only nowi ive got and id realy like to get her to 5 couse i only have cordelia and ninian as usefull blues but im not sure if its worth since i think shed be a lot better with + speed 

+spd-hp mae and valter are also on my to promote list, but since i have a good lance flier already and mae would need to eat a 5star odin for his tome they are not my priority.

+hp-res summer tiki, since the first brave axe ill get will go to my +att-spd cherche i cant rly decide what to do with tiki, i cant rly afford to invest skills into bad or medicore IV heroes so im open to sacrificing her for her weapon or A skill if anyone comes up with a good idea

-at+spd julia(+1 just couse she realy has no good skills to inherit lol), kinda iffy IVs, 32att 30 spd, im not sure if its worth to try to make use of her + speed nature, could get 39 with life and death and a speed buff wich still isnt rly great when looking at nino) or just make her a green sanaki with triangle adept+axebreaker

speaking of sanaki

-def+res sanaki wich i got in one of my first pulls feels kinda weak after i started doing infernal level stuff. looking at pure stats and weapons i think my neutral 4star tharja when 5 stared could be much more usefull than a red caster who cant double and couse of this fails to OHKO even some greens ...

other 5* i got are +1 neutral ike, neutral summer gaius wich expect for bait killing stuff with a healer dont do much else :D

so if anyone has some ideas how to make the best use of those units feel free to share

oh and dont forget to share ur foughts on a good arena defense setup! thanks

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

So the new Ryoma gets all the skills old Ryoma had, already unlocked?

There's actually a nice warning message that appears if you try to use Skill Inheritance instead of merging to transfer skills between two of the same character that tells you that merging will transfer everything.

Basically, when merging, the resulting character will have all skills at "most available state" (learned > available for learning > locked) between the two characters. For example,

• When merging a 5-star Marth (has learned Falchion) into a 5-star Marth (has not learned Falchion), the resulting 5-star Marth will have Falchion learned because the sacrificed 5-star Marth had Falchion learned.
  • When merging a 5-star Marth (has not learned Falchion) into a 5-star Marth (has learned Falchion), the resulting 5-star Marth will have Falchion learned because the base 5-star Marth had Falchion learned.
  • When merging a 5-star Marth (has not learned Falchion) into a 4-star Marth, the resulting 4-star Marth will no longer have the 5-star restriction on learning Falchion because the 5-star Marth had Falchion available for learning.
  • When merging a 5-star Marth (has learned Falchion) into a 4-star Marth, the resulting 4-star Marth will have Falchion learned because the 5-star Marth had Falchion learned.

Basically, if you already have the rarity or spent the feathers or AP to get a skill to a particular state of availability, you do not need to do it again after merging.

with the up and coming event im confused, is it a new banner where you pull for the alternate Ike, Lucina, Roy, Lyn but I herd that each player can choose to get either one of the four, if that is the case if you choose 1 do the others become unavailable?

55 minutes ago, Raybrand said:

with the up and coming event im confused, is it a new banner where you pull for the alternate Ike, Lucina, Roy, Lyn but I herd that each player can choose to get either one of the four, if that is the case if you choose 1 do the others become unavailable?

Both. You can pull from the banner like usual, but you also get your choice of one of the characters for free (likely neutral nature).

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

There's actually a nice warning message that appears if you try to use Skill Inheritance instead of merging to transfer skills between two of the same character that tells you that merging will transfer everything.

Basically, when merging, the resulting character will have all skills at "most available state" (learned > available for learning > locked) between the two characters. For example,

• When merging a 5-star Marth (has learned Falchion) into a 5-star Marth (has not learned Falchion), the resulting 5-star Marth will have Falchion learned because the sacrificed 5-star Marth had Falchion learned.
  • When merging a 5-star Marth (has not learned Falchion) into a 5-star Marth (has learned Falchion), the resulting 5-star Marth will have Falchion learned because the base 5-star Marth had Falchion learned.
  • When merging a 5-star Marth (has not learned Falchion) into a 4-star Marth, the resulting 4-star Marth will no longer have the 5-star restriction on learning Falchion because the 5-star Marth had Falchion available for learning.
  • When merging a 5-star Marth (has learned Falchion) into a 4-star Marth, the resulting 4-star Marth will have Falchion learned because the 5-star Marth had Falchion learned.

Basically, if you already have the rarity or spent the feathers or AP to get a skill to a particular state of availability, you do not need to do it again after merging.

Thanks! I forgot about that message, I'm pretty sure I've seen it before...

4 hours ago, monteson said:

hey guys, first time poster so i hope this is the right thread

im f2p and looking for a few ideas on what to do with most of my crap tier units,

so my main team atm is +spd nino,+att cordelia + either ninian(TA,no real b skill atm) / buffbot eirika(TA+swordbreaker) / healer marth(will get fury at some point)

all expect ninian promoted to 5, couse i only seem to pull bad or bad IV 5 stars (-spd roderick, -spd summer robin fml...)

since i wanna do squad assaults and the high lvl chain challenges at some point i need a few more good units, also i wasnt playing when op stuff like bridelia camus or xander were available so i cant easy mode most infernal stuff

also im looking for a good arena defense setup couse i rarly get any defense wins.

so first my -spd 5*roderick, i was thinking of giving his lance to cordelia or promote my 4star +spd -def roderick and +1 him, maybe he could be strong in arena defense with life and death and a dancer ?would have 51att 42 spd unbuffed if my maths correct

summer robin +att -spd, well except for slapping a brave lance+ on her wich i cant afford i dont see any point in using her at all?i have a 4 star cordelia so i could give her a normal brave lance...

+hp -spd 5* mathilda, well another top tier IV, so shes got nothing good to inherit and she kinda sucks even with good IVs, anyway to make her work except the bravelance+life and death strat wich i cant do since im f2p ?

-hp+def 4*nowi, only nowi ive got and id realy like to get her to 5 couse i only have cordelia and ninian as usefull blues but im not sure if its worth since i think shed be a lot better with + speed

+spd-hp mae and valter are also on my to promote list, but since i have a good lance flier already and mae would need to eat a 5star odin for his tome they are not my priority.

+hp-res summer tiki, since the first brave axe ill get will go to my +att-spd cherche i cant rly decide what to do with tiki, i cant rly afford to invest skills into bad or medicore IV heroes so im open to sacrificing her for her weapon or A skill if anyone comes up with a good idea

-at+spd julia(+1 just couse she realy has no good skills to inherit lol), kinda iffy IVs, 32att 30 spd, im not sure if its worth to try to make use of her + speed nature, could get 39 with life and death and a speed buff wich still isnt rly great when looking at nino) or just make her a green sanaki with triangle adept+axebreaker

speaking of sanaki

-def+res sanaki wich i got in one of my first pulls feels kinda weak after i started doing infernal level stuff. looking at pure stats and weapons i think my neutral 4star tharja when 5 stared could be much more usefull than a red caster who cant double and couse of this fails to OHKO even some greens ...

other 5* i got are +1 neutral ike, neutral summer gaius wich expect for bait killing stuff with a healer dont do much else :D

so if anyone has some ideas how to make the best use of those units feel free to share

oh and dont forget to share ur foughts on a good arena defense setup! thanks

The best units in the game right now are ranged units, so I would prioritize those first. If a melee unit does not have Distant Counter, a unique niche, or your favoritism, I would not invest in them until you need to use them to improve your Arena score when you get to Tier 19.

I would replace Cordelia with Mae. Mae can use regular Blárblade and Fury. Blárblade+ is unnecessary. I would also replace Marth with Tharja and I would give her Fury as well.

I would not use healers in the Arena because no amount of healing can keep up with the high amount of damage dealt. For Falchion healers, without dragging on the battle, they can generally only heal once per battle so it is usually better to just bring another nuke. However, for Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges, Falchion healers are good to bring along.

For Chain Challenges and Squad Assault, there should be strategy guides on YouTube that uses only free units, so you can copy some of their strategies and save your good units for more difficult maps. I am not sure about if they have free unit guides for Lunatic though. For Infernal Grand Hero Battles, you may need a lot of Stamina Potions and improvisation if you do not have similar units to the ones used in the strategy videos.

The best defense teams uses ranged units, cavalry units, and color stacking, preferably all at once. One cheap option I can think of is to use three Cecilias and give them all regular Gronnblade, Fury, and Hone Cavalry; I personally have not tried triple Cecilias, but they should theoretically work similarly to a triple Reinhardt defense team. For an even cheaper option, I would just use your Julia, Nino, and maybe Cecilia if you have her; if you do not have Cecilia, you can use YS!Tiki.

I would not spend Hero Feathers to merge your units until you can consistently stay above Tier 18. Using for Hero Feathers for skill inheritance is more important in my opinion. If you have the resources to afford Life and Death, I would give it to your best ranged units first.

— — — — — — —

My statements below mostly applies to Arena Assault and maybe Squad Assault. You only need one or two teams to handle everything else.

Your 5* Roderick is fine as is. You may want to give him Fury to increase his stats a bit further.

For YS!Robin, regular Brave Lance is good enough. I would not worry about Weapon+ unless you want to stay in Tier 20 or something. Again, slap Fury on her if you have it.

I would not invest in Mathilda since you already have other good blue units. You can still use her if you run out of blue units, but you may want to take off her Cancel Affinity and give her Sapphire Lance/Triangle Adept to counter reds.

Your Nowi is fine, just give her Quick Riposte. I am not sure about promoting that specific nature to 5* though. I would not use +Spd Nowi unless you have the resources to support a Player Phase nature. Nowi works best as an Enemy Phase unit, so she needs +Atk to work the best in that role.

Your Mae is good. Just give her Blárblade and Fury as I have already mentioned. Valter is good right out of the box, but if you have enough Fury to pass around, he can take that too along with Desperation.

Just keep Tiki as is. She will work fine in Arena Assault. For the extra copy, her most important skill is her Weapon, since those are extremely limited and her axe is really good like all Ylissean Summar Weapons. Close Defense should be available to unlimited units eventually. I agree that Cherche should have dibs on your Brave Axe, but YS!Tiki can just use a regular one if you have multiple Barsts.

Your Julia's nature is okay. She can run a Blade build with Life and Death, but that is a bit expensive and your Nino already has green mage role covered. I would just keep her as is so she can tank Reinhardt; you may want to run Triangle Adept if you want her to wall blue mages.

Your Sanaki is fine. She can wall green mages.

For Ike, I would give him Quick Riposte. I would give YS!Gaius regular Brave Bow.

One quick question before I do my first mass pull: let's say I have an x% pity rate, I enter a session and my first pull is a 5 star: does the pity rate reset to 0 after I exit the summoning session or in the middle of the summoning session? Basically if I pull a pity breaker is it better to summon all the orbs in the session?

4 minutes ago, Koumal8 said:

One quick question before I do my first mass pull: let's say I have an x% pity rate, I enter a session and my first pull is a 5 star: does the pity rate reset to 0 after I exit the summoning session or in the middle of the summoning session? Basically if I pull a pity breaker is it better to summon all the orbs in the session?

The pity rate is reset after the session, so do the full pull if you pull a pity breaker.