"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Tragonight said:

Is Fortress Def Sheena any good? Mine is +Atk -HP, so she'd hit 41 Def with it. I could patch up her lack of damage with Bonfire over Ignis, or just keep Ignis instead.

Is this set any good? I only have one Fortress Def fodder but I don't have too many units that can use it well.

I would rather just use Defense +3. I do not think 2 extra defense is worth crippling her Attack in my opinion. You want to finish the opponent as soon as possible or their Special can activate and potentially break your wall.

28 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

That keeps her below 40 HP, though, right? (Boey has 43 HP, so he gets Earth Boost from 40 HP enemies).

Of course, my Boey could always run HP +3 if it's a likely enough encounter.

She is above 40 HP with Seal I think, but she is merged. I gave up trying Ardent Sacrifice/Desperation because Reposition is so good. BB!Cordelia have hard time getting into that range without Ardent sacrifice so I dropped Desperation. She either kills something without taking damage or she gets killed on the counter attack. Desperation is useful like maybe one or two matches per run, but if that is the case, then I might as well just use Reinhardt to target their Resistance.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm slowly not getting fully convinced on 39-40 Spd as the "doubles 90% of the game" category. Am I wrong, or are the other 10% outliers like relevant meta threats in the likes of Lucina, Ryoma and Nino?

and yeah, merges aside

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I would rather just use Defense +3. I do not think 2 extra defense is worth crippling her Attack in my opinion. You want to finish the opponent as soon as possible or their Special can activate and potentially break your wall.

Is Fortress Defense ever worth it?  Making yourself the equivalent of -Atk seems like a big price to pay.  I kinda wish it made you -3 Spd instead, since a lot of the heavy Def units like that are slow anyway.

16 minutes ago, Boltlightning said:

Should I keep the team the same as it is now or switch Ninian for Elise?

Screenshot_20170908-192114.thumb.png.943373589f4314307a84ea3eda164ac1.png

Elise can be good on a Horse Emblem team, or you could use Clive to give you a Blue or your Horse Team.  Dancers are nice, but on a Horse Team, they don't supply buffs and you can get a similar effect by giving everybody reposition.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Is Fortress Defense ever worth it?  Making yourself the equivalent of -Atk seems like a big price to pay.  I kinda wish it made you -3 Spd instead, since a lot of the heavy Def units like that are slow anyway.

Well, sure, it seems like a fine thing to put on a support unit. Healers certainly wouldn't mind it, and I think that it could work on people who are deeply committed to support roles, e.g., an F!Corrin with a complete debuff build, or to improve the survivability of dancers.

But I agree, it's not all that useful of a skill. I'd rather just put a Def or HP plus skill on in most circumstances.

5 hours ago, CorruptedChrome said:

This is my built armor emblem team I will be working on and just looking for tips on improvements I can make from more seasoned players all are 5* I have an extra +atk/-spd hector , thinking of giving D.C. To someone put waiting to see if black knight with have it (keeping fingers crossed but I doubt it )

Unless there is a really special unit that you think is worth Distant Counter, I would save any good nature Hectors and use them on the defense team.

2 hours ago, Soul~! said:

I'm slowly not getting fully convinced on 39-40 Spd as the "doubles 90% of the game" category. Am I wrong, or are the other 10% outliers like relevant meta threats in the likes of Lucina, Ryoma and Nino?

and yeah, merges aside

39 or 40 doubles most vanilla. With how common units run Fury instead of Life and Death, 39 and 40 with buffs will definitely double most units.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

26 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Well, sure, it seems like a fine thing to put on a support unit. Healers certainly wouldn't mind it, and I think that it could work on people who are deeply committed to support roles, e.g., an F!Corrin with a complete debuff build, or to improve the survivability of dancers.

But I agree, it's not all that useful of a skill. I'd rather just put a Def or HP plus skill on in most circumstances.

I only use it on pure support units. Offensive support units would still want their attack intact to cover their team's weaknesses. My Olivia has +Atk (forgot her bane) since I need her to cover Reinhardt and BB!Cordelia against Hector, while my Azura is +Spd -Atk since Reinhardt already covers reds, so I gave her Fortress Def to be a bit more tanky.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

39 or 40 doubles most vanilla. With how common units run Fury instead of Life and Death, 39 and 40 with buffs will definitely double most units.

I'm kind of surprised. Guess I'm being a little "paranoid".

4 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

It's been a while since I've done Chain Challenge and Squad Assault but does one of them require you to clear the map with all 4 units?

You can use up to three teams with Chain Challenges, and you need a new team for each map in Squad Assault.

Edited by XRay

After spending 100 orbs, I've managed to pull Brave Ike and Brave Roy. However, their stats are less than desirable; both are +HP/-Atk. What are some good ways to work around this (particularly Roy since Heavy Blade's effect relies on high Atk)?

1 hour ago, Party Moth said:

After spending 100 orbs, I've managed to pull Brave Ike and Brave Roy. However, their stats are less than desirable; both are +HP/-Atk. What are some good ways to work around this (particularly Roy since Heavy Blade's effect relies on high Atk)?

-Atk does not change their standard build. Slap Fury on them, and if you can afford Life and Death or Swift Sparrow, put that on Roy.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

I got a +Atk Eliwood in my latest pull (I think everything in it was +Atk, actually...). What's he looking for in a skillset?

You can try to go for a Brave build. Other than that, build him as you normally would and put Fury on him. If you are just using him for Arena Assault, Triangle Adept 2 will allow him to be a mage tank.

3 hours ago, Party Moth said:

Like @XRay said. My -ATK Roy procs Galeforce on nearly every map in lunatic/7 TT. LnD2, QP and Hone Cav helps though. 

27 minutes ago, Chelone said:

I want to invest in making Hana good. I have both +speed/-res or +atk/-res which one should I go with?

Depends on your opponents. +SPD 5* Hana with Brave+, LnD3 and Escutcheon has more wins (132) against +0 opponents in the calculator, but +ATK Hana has more wins (95) against +10 opponents. 

I'm quite contend with my +SPD Quadhana, by the way. She doesn't meet many high merged enemies.  

32 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Depends on your opponents. +SPD 5* Hana with Brave+, LnD3 and Escutcheon has more wins (132) against +0 opponents in the calculator, but +ATK Hana has more wins (95) against +10 opponents. 

I'm quite contend with my +SPD Quadhana, by the way. She doesn't meet many high merged enemies.  

what about a wo dao build? or is brave better?

24 minutes ago, Chelone said:

what about a wo dao build? or is brave better?

I've never done anything with Wao dao. A +SPD Wao Dao+ Hana with Moonbow has the same amount of wins (132) against the FEH +0 cast, but more losses (20) than the +SPD Brave one (4) who is saved a couple of times by Escutcheon. In +10 world our +0 Wao+ Hana +SPD has 87 wins and 34 losses (71/35 with +ATK), while Brave+ has 79/8 with +SPD and 95/10 with ATK. 

So Wao Dao is a valid option, but I'm not sure about her optimal built with that sword. Perhaps desperation and a low count special? 

Edited by mampfoid
Forgot about +ATK

9 hours ago, XRay said:

You can use up to three teams with Chain Challenges, and you need a new team for each map in Squad Assault.

Thanks. I could be remembering it wrong but I feel like I got a game over on Squad Assault when one of my units went down. I guess I'll find out whenever I challenge it again.

Edited by tobuShogi

8 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Thanks. I could be remembering it wrong but I feel like I got a game over on Squad Assault when one of my units went down. I guess I'll find out whenever I challenge it again.

Yes, Squad Assault requires deathless.

2 hours ago, Chelone said:

I want to invest in making Hana good. I have both +speed/-res or +atk/-res which one should I go with?

If you are using her for Arena, her Brave Sword build would use +Atk, -Res. If you want to give her a non Brave weapon, she should go with +Spd, -Res. You can keep both and build them separately if you have the resources, so when you go into Arena Assault, you will have an option to choose one of them. I would prioritize +Atk -Res since Brave build is the best one in my opinion.

What can I do with a 4* +Spd/-Def Seth, or is he better off as Fortress Def fodder?

Also, I have a 4* Lukas (he's Level 36 right now so I can't check his IVs); am I better off using Seth as FD fodder if the need arises or promoting Lukas and using him?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

Yes, Squad Assault requires deathless.

Thanks. That's probably why I never finished the second one. Couldn't get pass the first map lol

So I have an +Atk/-Res Charlotte from the bride banner. A Brave Lance+/DB3/Lancebreaker2 is looking like a set with some good match ups: 138 wins · 11 losses · 19 draws. Factoring in buffs/defbuffs(Threaten Defense 3 & Hone Attack 3), she has 149 wins · 8 losses · 11 draws. Thoughts?

Edited by tobuShogi

I tried raising Henry to work as a CYLyn counter, but he's just so terrible.  He can work as an okay counter, but I was looking at better options.

I have a +Def,-Res Sophia.  I'm thinking she could be a better Rawr Raven than Henry, with that nature, she's got similar bulk to Henry with less Speed (they're both so low that lower is better), but she has a solid 10 Atk on Henry, 10!

So, would the TA Rawr Raven build be good for her?  I'm not sure if I want to run Bowbreaker or Quick RIposte on her.  The latter would help her with mage duels, but she needs to function as a Lyn counter first and foremost.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I tried raising Henry to work as a CYLyn counter, but he's just so terrible.  He can work as an okay counter, but I was looking at better options.

I have a +Def,-Res Sophia.  I'm thinking she could be a better Rawr Raven than Henry, with that nature, she's got similar bulk to Henry with less Speed (they're both so low that lower is better), but she has a solid 10 Atk on Henry, 10!

So, would the TA Rawr Raven build be good for her?  I'm not sure if I want to run Bowbreaker or Quick RIposte on her.  The latter would help her with mage duels, but she needs to function as a Lyn counter first and foremost.

I just promoted my Henry to 4* and gave him TA2. He takes 1 damage/hit from (neutral vanilla) CYL Lyn. When I'll get some QR fodder for him, he should have Ignis charged after 1 attack and kill her on player phase. 

Edited by mampfoid
Vanilla added / clarified Henry