"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Rinco said:

Mine already has Lancebreaker

Using brave lance set sacrifices arena points because of the lower SP cost of brave lance + compared to her special weapon she already has.

guess for optimization or whatever you can use it but personally I'd just keep what she has since base 37/33 offenses is not 300% horrible, but it isn't the absolute greatest ever....

Could've been +Res heh

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Using brave lance set sacrifices arena points because of the lower SP cost of brave lance + compared to her special weapon she already has.

guess for optimization or whatever you can use it but personally I'd just keep what she has since base 37/33 offenses is not 300% horrible, but it isn't the absolute greatest ever....

Could've been +Res heh

My CYLucina is +Res.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

My CYLucina is +Res.

Heh and mine is +Atk

Looks like my animal sacrifices have been working perfectly fine~

@Rinco just remember, you could've been like this poor soul^

Stuck

Alone

And cold

With a +Res Lucina :'(

+Res is sad. My Brave Ike is -Hp/+Res and the two I got after that were -Atk.

My Lucinas at least are useful. +Atk/-Spd hits hard and -Hp/+Def can tank some melee hits. 

I merged down my Ikes because 2 merges could boost my arena score (and they did) and the two extras being -Atk didn't make me wish to use them. But this second Lucina I think I'll keep around.

19 hours ago, Sakuto said:

This question is a little broad and obviously very subjective, but I was wondering what are some units you guys believe would be worth it to 4+10 rather than to 5 star.

Like @XRay wrote any unit that can be summoned as 3*.

But you should also consider if the unit is good for SI fodder. You probably will never make a 4* +10 Odin, because you should use his copies for giving Blarblade, RTomebreaker and Moonbow to everyone. Cherche and Est on the other hand haven't got anything good to inherit, but they are strong and therefore good candidates for 4* +10.

I have feathers burning a whole in my pocket and 3 Eirikas. I have a neutral, a -hp/+def, and -spd/+def. I'm thinking the -hp/+def one is the best, but I'm not sure if the trade off is necsesarily better than Neutral. 

Also looking to upgrade a Tiki (adult) and noticed I had a -speed/+def version. Is this basically her best one? Feels like it plays to her strength way better than the other stuff I have:

• -spd/+def x2
  • -hp/+res
  • -res/+attack
  • -def/+HP
  • -attack/+HP

28 minutes ago, r_n said:

I have feathers burning a whole in my pocket and 3 Eirikas. I have a neutral, a -hp/+def, and -spd/+def. I'm thinking the -hp/+def one is the best, but I'm not sure if the trade off is necsesarily better than Neutral. 

Also looking to upgrade a Tiki (adult) and noticed I had a -speed/+def version. Is this basically her best one? Feels like it plays to her strength way better than the other stuff I have:

• -spd/+def x2
  • -hp/+res
  • -res/+attack
  • -def/+HP
  • -attack/+HP

For Eirika, I would go with neutral. -HP is basically a weaker -Def and -Res at the same time, so it sort of cancels out the +Def in my opinion.

For A!Tiki, I would go with either [+Atk, -Res] or [+Def, -Spd]. I personally prefer +Atk on Enemy Phase units to kill as many units as possible. However, I prefer +Def/Res on Triangle Adept builds where prioritizing Defense or Resistance makes more sense since +40% to your attack is going to kill pretty much anything that is weaker to your color; +Atk on Triangle Adept builds is usually for cases like Fir where her crap Attack is going to leave a lot of green units still alive even after a 40% attack boost.

The usual. Me with a set of questions. Small today though.

1. What can I do with a +ATK/-HP Lillina? Considering promoting her.

2. What should I do with a +HP/-DEF Celica? She has the best bane, but lacks a Res boon for mage tanking with Distant Def and lacks an offensive boon to optimize LnD/Fury builds, she's just... got a lot of HP. If I built both her and Lillina then I'd have the three of them (Celica/Raven Sophia/Lillina) so I suppose they should fill different roles.

3. I have a *3 +ATK/-HP Frederick ready to replace my *5 +HP/-ATK Frederick. If I burn 40k feathers I can make him a +2 +ATK/-HP Frederick with Brave Axe+, but how worth it is he? Is it even worth the feathers?

@Zeo 

1. Rawrblade is my first choice to take advantage of her Atk stat, but a budget route can also run a breaker to roast pineapples or swords, depending on what you want to cover more. Bowbreaker does want Raven though and she isn't well-suited to taking physical hits compared to Sophia.

2. I have a +HP -Spd one. Thanks to Ragnarok's buffs she's a bit hard to screw up, especially since the bane on yours is better than the one on mine. I just threw Renewal in for some self-sufficiency and Darting Blow as a budget option, but LaD / Swift Sparrow would work better.

3. Frederick is the best axe cav for running the Brave set. Cherche is a bit more flexible with her Mov while Legion is the infantry choice with a higher Atk and Spd base. Frederick doesn't really fill a needed niche on horse teams, though he is the best at what he does, for sure.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

For Eirika, I would go with neutral. -HP is basically a weaker -Def and -Res at the same time, so it sort of cancels out the +Def in my opinion.

For A!Tiki, I would go with either [+Atk, -Res] or [+Def, -Spd]. I personally prefer +Atk on Enemy Phase units to kill as many units as possible. However, I prefer +Def/Res on Triangle Adept builds where prioritizing Defense or Resistance makes more sense since +40% to your attack is going to kill pretty much anything that is weaker to your color; +Atk on Triangle Adept builds is usually for cases like Fir where her crap Attack is going to leave a lot of green units still alive even after a 40% attack boost.

The def/TA build sounds nice. I like the more defensive side of DC units and I have this spare Roy.

Thanks for the advice, looking forward to getting these gals up & running tomorrow

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

The usual. Me with a set of questions. Small today though.

1. What can I do with a +ATK/-HP Lillina? Considering promoting her.

2. What should I do with a +HP/-DEF Celica? She has the best bane, but lacks a Res boon for mage tanking with Distant Def and lacks an offensive boon to optimize LnD/Fury builds, she's just... got a lot of HP. If I built both her and Lillina then I'd have the three of them (Celica/Raven Sophia/Lillina) so I suppose they should fill different roles.

3. I have a *3 +ATK/-HP Frederick ready to replace my *5 +HP/-ATK Frederick. If I burn 40k feathers I can make him a +2 +ATK/-HP Frederick with Brave Axe+, but how worth it is he? Is it even worth the feathers?

1. I would give Lilina a Triangle Adept build to tank green mages, like Sanaki. I see a lot of Cecilias, so having more red mages to deal with her is always good in my opinion.

2. I would not invest too much into her and just keep her as is. She cannot tank green mages like Triangle Adept Lilina or Sanaki, but she can still take out bulky greens like Hector or Julia.

3. For normal Arena, any decent character is worth it, since having more merges and better combat performance allows you to get more Feathers easier. Frederick is also the best axe cavalry to utilize a Brave Axe build. For Arena Assault, I am not so sure it is necessary since you get to preview the enemy team and hard counters are usually sufficient.

Just now, Jingle Jangle said:

Is a (+def,- res ) Nowi good to five star for a quick riposte enemy phase build? 

It depends on how often you summon or how frequently you get a specific character. I only 5* units if they have perfect natures or I need their skills.

If you do not summon often or get Nowi frequently, I think it is okay to promote units 5* even if they do not perfect natures since you get to use a powerful unit immediately and increase your Feather income. However, I still would not fully recommend it, since those Feathers could have been spent on your most powerful units on your current team and get an even better return.

45 minutes ago, XRay said:

2. I would not invest too much into her and just keep her as is. She cannot tank green mages like Triangle Adept Lilina or Sanaki, but she can still take out bulky greens like Hector or Julia.

How much is too much? She needs a special skill and Moonbow is pretty duh in that regard. LnD/Fury Celica can wreck things even with my nature. If I were to do the least work I probably could just give her Renewal and either keep Distant Def or slap on Speed 3 from one of my 4 Firs.

22 hours ago, XRay said:

Any unit that is summonable at 3* (i.e.: cannot be summoned as a 5* unless they are a focus unit) is usually better to just +10 them at 4*. 4*+10 is the equivalent of 5*+4/5.

I was quite eager to head in that direction, but the fact I tend to rarely have more than 3-4 copies and not summoning as much killed that dream. And not to mention, I recall the stat differences being rather minimal.

37 minutes ago, Zeo said:

How much is too much? She needs a special skill and Moonbow is pretty duh in that regard. LnD/Fury Celica can wreck things even with my nature. If I were to do the least work I probably could just give her Renewal and either keep Distant Def or slap on Speed 3 from one of my 4 Firs.

It depends on what you have as fodder, but Life and Death is too much in my opinion unless you are content with Life and Death 2. I have a lot of Moonbow and Fury fodder, but I am not sure how much other players have for those fodder since those skills are in high demand. I think Renewal is pretty cheap since not many units use it, but some players might have never summoned Fae.

25 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

I was quite eager to head in that direction, but the fact I tend to rarely have more than 3-4 copies and not summoning as much killed that dream. And not to mention, I recall the stat differences being rather minimal.

Stat differences at +10 is quite significant. Merge+10 is a +4 to all your stats.

I guess 20,000 Feathers is not going to break anyone's bank if you promote Olivia/Hana/Donnel/Cecilia to 5*, but I think that 20,000 Feathers could be put to better use such as getting third tier of skills.

I think Nino may be worth it, but other than her, I do not think any of the 3* units is worth promoting to 5*. Olivia, Hana, Donnel, and Cecilia are good units, but I do not think they need the promotion. Olivia is a dancer so I do not expect her to see much combat; Hana is competing against a lot of other sword units and a few red mages; Donnel is competing against a lot of good blue mages; unless you are aiming for Tier 20, Cecilia is perfectly workable at 4* with a regular Gronnblade.

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

It depends on what you have as fodder, but Life and Death is too much in my opinion unless you are content with Life and Death 2. I have a lot of Moonbow and Fury fodder, but I am not sure how much other players have for those fodder since those skills are in high demand. I think Renewal is pretty cheap since not many units use it, but some players might have never summoned Fae.

Stat differences at +10 is quite significant. Merge+10 is a +4 to all your stats.

I guess 20,000 Feathers is not going to break anyone's bank if you promote Olivia/Hana/Donnel/Cecilia to 5*, but I think that 20,000 Feathers could be put to better use such as getting third tier of skills.

I think Nino may be worth it, but other than her, I do not think any of the 3* units is worth promoting to 5*. Olivia, Hana, Donnel, and Cecilia are good units, but I do not think they need the promotion. Olivia is a dancer so I do not expect her to see much combat; Hana is competing against a lot of other sword units and a few red mages; Donnel is competing against a lot of good blue mages; unless you are aiming for Tier 20, Cecilia is perfectly workable at 4* with a regular Gronnblade.

I meant the difference between 4*+10 vs. *5.

And I disagree on Hana. She's a badass F2P. Durability aside, a +Spd *4 Hana is virtually neutral Lucina-like (loses only 1 Atk). She's a monster with a Brave.

Just now, Soul~! said:

I meant the difference between 4*+10 vs. *5.

And I disagree on Hana. She's a badass F2P. Durability aside, a +Spd *4 Hana is virtually neutral Lucina-like (loses only 1 Atk). She's a monster with a Brave.

4*+10 is about the same as 5*+4/5. Between 5*+0 and 5*+5, 5*+5 has +2 increase to every stat compared with 5*+0, and that is significant in my opinion, since +2 in all stats gives you quite a bit more bulk to survive things you would not have at 5*+0. 5*+4 is +2 to three stats and +1 to two stats, which is still pretty significant depending on how it is distributed.

I did not say Hana is bad. Hana has a LOT more economical or superior competitors. The red color is super crowded, especially for swords. Hana is competing against Lucina, whose best build uses Falchion, so if you get a specific nature, you are saving 20,000 Feathers that you might have spent on Brave Sword+; Ryoma/Ike has Distant Counter Raijinto/Ragnell, so there is no reason to use Brave Sword+; Cain/Luke/Ogma who all come with Brave Sword already; and superior red mages like Katarina, Tharja, and Celica.

Just now, Astellius said:

That's, at the very least, a disingenuous way of putting it. A 4*+10 is almost always the equivalent of a 5*+5, while it is never the equivalent of a 5*+4. And it's not applicable here.

Many units gets +3 to certain stats when they promote to a 5*, so 4*+10 would be somewhere between a 5*+4 and a 5*+5.

Just now, XRay said:

Many units gets +3 to certain stats when they promote to a 5*, so 4*+10 would be somewhere between a 5*+4 and a 5*+5.

It's pretty rare that a character gets a +4 stat boon, as opposed to the usual +3, when being a 5* as opposed to 4*. That aside, it's not applicable to the character in question. It's never the case that a 4*+10 is the equivalent of a 5*+4, it's almost always the equivalent of a 5*+5, with some exceptions, and, in those exceptions, it's like a 5*+4.5. This wasn't a case where it came into play, so I don't know why you brought it up?

8 minutes ago, Astellius said:

That's, at the very least, a disingenuous way of putting it. A 4*+10 is almost always the equivalent of a 5*+5, while it is never the equivalent of a 5*+4. And it's not applicable here.

If you don't inherit a 5* weapon, most 4* +10s get outdone at around 5* +1 or +2 in terms of matchups, because Atk is one of the best stats to have, and a 5* weapon gives 4 MT for the typical weapon (more for Prfs, less for things like Braves and daggers).

Moreover, units with good vanilla skillsets that aren't fully unlocked at 4* (Hana gets L&D at 5*, for example) get extra value from promotion.

Rather than investing 40k or 60k feathers for a 4* +10 I'd much rather invest around 20k into a unit with a good vanilla skillset instead. yeah, it'll be weaker, but it's also way easier on duplicate requirements, skill inheritance requirements, and longevity (in case one decide to further invest in said unit later). Most brave users tend to be good in this regard, considering brave is often the optimal weapon for a offensive unit (I prefer Abel to Peri partly because of this, and partly because his defensive stats are min-maxed better in exchange for minor 1 spd deficit---Abel starts ahead in terms of skillset cost, due to not needing to inherit a Brave Lance, and stays ahead basically forever because of it.)

Basically, 4* +10 are only worth it in the very rare case where you intend to build a unit to be reasonably expensive (~60k feather investment) but not any more over that, ever. A budget SI'd 5* can often come below 30k feathers (20k promotion, less than 10k for skills), including the promotion cost itself, but a 4* will usually take at least 40k to catchup (20k for 5* weapon, ~10k for skills, slightly more because 5*s get all their skills maxed, which matters for people with good vanilla sets like Klein---not 'optimal,' but very cheap and exceedingly efficient for the feather cost, and ~10k for enough merges to actually overtake a 5*'s natural stat advantage). After that the 4* will be a cheaper investment at 2k feathers + 1 unit for a +1 compared to a 5*'s 22k feathers + 1 unit for a +1, but that's the only place it has an advantage. Budget sets will prefer a 5* with a good vanilla set, and optimal sets would prefer multi 5* merges for better ceiling.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I did not say Hana is bad. Hana has a LOT more economical or superior competitors. The red color is super crowded, especially for swords. Hana is competing against Lucina, whose best build uses Falchion, so if you get a specific nature, you are saving 20,000 Feathers that you might have spent on Brave Sword+; Ryoma/Ike has Distant Counter Raijinto/Ragnell, so there is no reason to use Brave Sword+; Cain/Luke/Ogma who all come with Brave Sword already; and superior red mages like Katarina, Tharja, and Celica.

Hence why I mentioned F2P. She pays off really well even with a really cheap build. If we compare her to Lucina, her only real win is basically people using her as a secondary healer and countering a non-existent Dragon meta (of which Nowi plows her, either way). She's only really losing to the best of the best, and I'm talking about swordies specifically here. Ryoma and Ike are said "best of the best", and there's no arguement there. Cain and Luke are pretty lame, and their only excuse is simply having a horse.

1 hour ago, Astellius said:

It's pretty rare that a character gets a +4 stat boon, as opposed to the usual +3, when being a 5* as opposed to 4*. That aside, it's not applicable to the character in question. It's never the case that a 4*+10 is the equivalent of a 5*+4, it's almost always the equivalent of a 5*+5, with some exceptions, and, in those exceptions, it's like a 5*+4.5. This wasn't a case where it came into play, so I don't know why you brought it up?

That is because it is not rare. Since it happens quite often and it seems most players do not notice that promoting to 5* does not always gives +2 to all stats, I feel a sense of duty to bring it up? 4*+10 does not always equal to 5*+5, so I feel more comfortable giving a range as 5*+4/5.

I will just use Hero Battle units as examples since they are common and they are not normally available at 5*.

Sophia
34/37/40    28/31/34    14/17/20    22/25/28    24/27/30
36/40/43    30/33/36    16/19/22    24/28/31    25/29/32

Virion
40/43/46    26/29/32    26/29/32    21/24/27    09/12/15
43/46/49    28/31/34    28/31/34    23/26/30    10/13/17

Hana
32/35/38    30/33/36    31/34/37    18/21/24    20/23/26
34/37/41    32/35/38    33/36/39    20/23/26    22/26/29

Subaki
34/37/40    20/23/26    30/33/36    30/33/36    17/20/23
36/40/43    22/25/29    32/35/38    32/35/38    19/22/25

Donnel
37/40/43    30/33/36    23/26/29    27/30/33    18/21/24
40/43/46    32/35/38    26/29/32    29/32/35    20/23/27

Lissa
33/36/39    22/25/28    20/23/26    22/25/28    25/28/31
35/39/42    23/26/30    22/25/29    24/28/31    26/30/33

Gunter
37/40/43    27/30/33    19/22/25    28/31/34    13/16/19
39/43/46    28/32/35    21/24/27    29/33/36    14/18/21

Cecilia
31/34/37    27/30/33    20/23/26    17/20/23    24/27/30
33/36/40    29/32/35    22/25/29    19/22/25    25/29/32

Felicia
29/32/35    18/21/24    32/35/38    13/16/19    30/33/36
31/34/38    20/23/26    34/37/40    15/18/21    32/35/38

Wrys
36/39/42    19/22/25    19/22/25    17/20/23    31/34/37
39/42/45    21/24/28    20/23/26    19/22/25    33/36/39

Olivia
31/34/37    23/26/29    28/31/34    21/24/27    20/23/26
33/36/40    24/28/31    30/33/36    23/27/30    22/26/29

Stahl
39/42/45    26/29/32    21/24/27    25/28/31    17/20/23
42/45/48    28/31/34    23/26/30    26/30/33    19/22/25

44 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Hence why I mentioned F2P. She pays off really well even with a really cheap build. If we compare her to Lucina, her only real win is basically people using her as a secondary healer and countering a non-existent Dragon meta (of which Nowi plows her, either way). She's only really losing to the best of the best, and I'm talking about swordies specifically here. Ryoma and Ike are said "best of the best", and there's no arguement there. Cain and Luke are pretty lame, and their only excuse is simply having a horse.

I am pretty sure even free players have more good sword units than just Hana. Unless they are really unlucky, they bound to have one of the sword units I mentioned.

If you get the right nature, Lucina is cheaper to build simply because she is already at 5* and she does not need another 20,000 Feathers for Brave Sword+, so that is 40,000 Feathers cheaper right off the bat.

Cain and Luke are not lame because having a horse is important. They get better movement and access to superior buffs. Cain also has the potential to be summoned as a 5* and Luke is 5* exclusive, so that is additional savings there.

Edited by XRay