"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

13 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

If you don’t want to have multiple Reinhardts, and nobody needs Goad Cavalry, go on and promote the +Atk, and then merge the other into him for a 5★+1.

Mmm, I think nobody else need it, I think... Eldigan and Xander already have pony buff skills, Camus had it, I got a new Gunther too...  Berkut has one too and I have the other 2 copies of him to pass down skills too (same with Camus)... I think I'm fine for now, maybe only Frederick will need to inherit a pony buff

9 hours ago, XRay said:

If you do not have trouble with getting defense wins, then you do not need Reinhardt spam. However, if you are having trouble and you do not want to worry about defense wins ever again, spamming Reinhardt is the best way to go with minimal inheritance.

Too much Reinhardt are starting to sound like cheating haha xD

Edit: I'm joking, just to clarify

Edited by SniperGYS

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, XRay said:

For offense, [+Spd, -HP] is better in my opinion.

Cool, thanks. She's now become my first +6 4-star. I know I've asked about Caeda before, but I'm curious: is there any nature that would be significantly better than others? I do have her using a Ruby Sword+, which I know makes natures like +Atk matter less, but I want to eventually promote her to 5-star, and I hope to avoid promoting one that's not the best it could be. And +Atk giving her +4 instead of +3 makes it seem a bit more tempting to wait for, but I could definitely still be wrong about it.

Edited by DefaultBeep

This game really likes to toy with me at times...

So I got a +Atk -HP Oscar (pity rate killer) who's pretty good and I'd be a waste to not train. For a build I'm considering either Firesweep Lance+ or Brave Lance+, his nature tells me the brave build would be better but I'm out of Death blow fooder atm and I have a good number of Hanas for LnD3 which benefit both builds, in either case which build is the best for him on the long run?

Well, I have a few more fodder questions.

1: I have a spare Chrom with Aether this time: Thing is; is it more worthwhile to merge on to my better 5* Chrom, or pass the skill, and to who?

2: Is Elincia with +Def/-Spd worth it at all? I am thinking about sacrificing her if I get a better one, though the skill to pass is also up in the air.

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

Cool, thanks. She's now become my first +6 4-star. I know I've asked about Caeda before, but I'm curious: is there any nature that would be significantly better than others? I do have her using a Ruby Sword+, which I know makes natures like +Atk matter less, but I want to eventually promote her to 5-star, and I hope to avoid promoting one that's not the best it could be. And +Atk giving her +4 instead of +3 makes it seem a bit more tempting to wait for, but I could definitely still be wrong about it.

I think Caeda will do fine with neutral Attack as long as she has Ruby Sword, the only green mage she has trouble with is Boey and maybe Merric. So, if you see a lot of merged Boeys and Merrics, then waiting for +Atk makes sense; if you rarely see them, then just neutral Attack is fine.

1 hour ago, Levin's Scarf said:

So I have two Ninians right now, a merged +HP/-Spd one, as well as a +Def/-Spd one. Which one should I keep? I'm planning on merging one into the other.

+Def with Triangle Adept allows her to tank swords better. +HP allows her to be an effective Panic Ploy user if you also give her an HP +3 Sacred Seal.

If you get one that is Speed neutral or boon, that nature is much better since she is less susceptible to being doubled.

29 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

This game really likes to toy with me at times...

So I got a +Atk -HP Oscar (pity rate killer) who's pretty good and I'd be a waste to not train. For a build I'm considering either Firesweep Lance+ or Brave Lance+, his nature tells me the brave build would be better but I'm out of Death blow fooder atm and I have a good number of Hanas for LnD3 which benefit both builds, in either case which build is the best for him on the long run?

Brave Lance is more flexible in my opinion since it generally deals more damage. Life and Death 3 is probably the best skill for him, however, I am not sure if Oscar is the best recipient for Life and Death. If you plan to use Oscar a lot, then giving him Life and Death makes sense in the long run, but if you do not plan to use him often, I would save your Life and Death for someone you plan to use more often.

20 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well, I have a few more fodder questions.

1: I have a spare Chrom with Aether this time: Thing is; is it more worthwhile to merge on to my better 5* Chrom, or pass the skill, and to who?

2: Is Elincia with +Def/-Spd worth it at all? I am thinking about sacrificing her if I get a better one, though the skill to pass is also up in the air.

1. If Chrom is part of your core Arena team, both options are fine. If Chrom is not part of your core Arena team, then pass the skill to one of your core Arena team member who does not need a Special to function, such as Blade mages or Dancers/Singer.

2. She is mediocre and usable, but I would try for a better one. -Spd is still her worst bane, but Amiti somewhat makes up for it.

16 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Would BH!Roy like Aether? I have a 5* +Speed/-Attack Chrom and he's not really doing much. Granted my Roy is +Def/-Spd but if a better one shows up, I can always merge my current one into the better Roy. 

I prefer Specials with lower cooldown and does damage. Even with his Blazing Durandal, I would not use Aether since 3 cooldown Specials work so much better.

Edited by XRay

21 minutes ago, XRay said:

Brave Lance is more flexible in my opinion since it generally deals more damage. Life and Death 3 is probably the best skill for him, however, I am not sure if Oscar is the best recipient for Life and Death. If you plan to use Oscar a lot, then giving him Life and Death makes sense in the long run, but if you do not plan to use him often, I would save your Life and Death for someone you plan to use more often.

I see, then Brave Lance would be better with his high Atk and Horse buffs (if I use him in Horse Emblem), to be honest I'm only going to use Oscar in the Tempest Trials and maybe in Arena Assault if I really need him to counter some team. I guess in that case Life and Death 2 will be good enough orr is there some unit that absolutely requires the +1/+1 from LnD3?

58 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I see, then Brave Lance would be better with his high Atk and Horse buffs (if I use him in Horse Emblem), to be honest I'm only going to use Oscar in the Tempest Trials and maybe in Arena Assault if I really need him to counter some team. I guess in that case Life and Death 2 will be good enough orr is there some unit that absolutely requires the +1/+1 from LnD3?

Life and Death 2 should be enough in most cases in my opinion.

I forgot two more questions, both relating to IVs.

1: I've got two pretty neat Pallas now: While I pulled a +Att/-Res, I raised up a +Spd/-HP one already. I'm leaning towards +Att with all the goad fliers I've been passing around, but it looks like a calculator is pushing +Spd as better.

2: Ogma sadly isn't so lucky. I have trained a +Spd/-Att Ogma already, but I got a +Att/-Spd one now, and am questioning what's worthwhile. That or throw both away, pick a god and pray I get luckier next time. I mean, Ogma's supposed to be consistently good.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I think Caeda will do fine with neutral Attack as long as she has Ruby Sword, the only green mage she has trouble with is Boey and maybe Merric. So, if you see a lot of merged Boeys and Merrics, then waiting for +Atk makes sense; if you rarely see them, then just neutral Attack is fine.

I think I'll try to wait for +Atk then; but if she reaches +10 before I find one, I might just promote her out of spite. There are other characters that are higher priority for me to promote right now anyway; namely Camus, Roderick, and Legion, since I need more decent lances and axes.

20 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I forgot two more questions, both relating to IVs.

1: I've got two pretty neat Pallas now: While I pulled a +Att/-Res, I raised up a +Spd/-HP one already. I'm leaning towards +Att with all the goad fliers I've been passing around, but it looks like a calculator is pushing +Spd as better.

2: Ogma sadly isn't so lucky. I have trained a +Spd/-Att Ogma already, but I got a +Att/-Spd one now, and am questioning what's worthwhile. That or throw both away, pick a god and pray I get luckier next time. I mean, Ogma's supposed to be consistently good.

1. Depends on her skill set. Palla [+Atk, -Res, Brave Sword, Luna, Life and Death, Swordbreaker] is her best set, if I remember correctly. If she is using something that is not a Brave Sword, +Spd is better.

2. I would save them for merging. You can also use them to pass around Brave Sword, but I would rather use Draug for that since Draug can be obtained at 3*. [+Atk, -Spd] is a little better than [+Spd, -Atk].

Ogma
Brave Sword, Luna
Life and Death, Swordbreaker
Player Phase [+Atk, -Spd] 136:10:26
Player Phase [+Spd, -Atk] 131:5:36

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I prefer Specials with lower cooldown and does damage. Even with his Blazing Durandal, I would not use Aether since 3 cooldown Specials work so much better.

Wouldn't a 4 turn CD specials be better? If I'm understanding the built in effect correctly and assuming he has more attack than the enemy, when Roy gets attacked, his CD would go from 4 -> 2, and then 2 -> 0 when he counterattacks. If he doubles, the special activates on his second counterattack. If I'm understanding the skills correctly then a 3 CD special still activates on the second counterattack.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Even with a bad nature, Elincia is still the best red flyer in the game, and a very good red brave fighter in her own right. While a -Spd nature makes it difficult for her to quad outside of Flyer Emblem, she's sufficiently strong that she doesn't need to quad most of the time. Just with her base kit and no support, she'll have 51 attack (x2) on the offensive. This is quite good for pretty much anything. In comparison, here are some characters in the same vicinity: Cherche with a neutral nature, a Brave Axe+, and DB3 has 52 on the offensive, Hinoka with a +Atk nature, Brave Lance+, & DB3 has 52, Ogma with +Atk, Brave Sword+, & DB3 has 52, and Chrom with a neutral nature, Brave Sword+, & DB3 has 51. Her offensive stats are comparable to some of the top brave characters. She comes with DB3, so there's no investment needed on that front, and she will still do well. She will easily fill a need for a brave red with minimal investment, and she has access to flyer buffs. And, even with a speed bane, she still is okay in that department. 31 Spd means she won't be doubled too often.

For the most part, in my experience, I haven't really needed her to quad. In the Arena, I regularly fight in the 690-700 point range, and she's been extremely good. I don't recall really ever needing her to quad (mine is -Def/+Res).

You can certainly aim for a better one, but just having her is pretty good for most things, and especially good on Flyer Emblem. If you're F2P like me, I wouldn't worry about trying to get a better one.

6 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Would BH!Roy like Aether? I have a 5* +Speed/-Attack Chrom and he's not really doing much. Granted my Roy is +Def/-Spd but if a better one shows up, I can always merge my current one into the better Roy. 

If you plan on incorporating him into your regular Arena team, sure, it probably would be good on him. You get more points for having costly skills like Aether, and he occasionally gets to use it. It would also be good his longevity in the Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges. He would make better use of it than most people.

So I guess I'll ask these questions as I'm sure outside opinions will help me greatly.

I just pulled Elincia (+HP-RES) and I was thinking of finally getting my flier emblem team together, I've got Cherche with BA+, and I've got a Caeda (Who will probably get replaced with Michalis or somebody else.)

I also have a Summer Corrin (+ATK-SPD, she is also +1.) who I already gave Blarblade+ in anticipation of building the team, however it occurred to me that I'm not sure what to do with the A-Slot. I have access to Death Blow, Swift Sparrow, Life & Death, and Fury at their max levels for inheritance. But I'm not sure which one is the best for her, given the IVs.

(I'm also not sure about inheriting Swift Sparrow on her as my fodder is a spare Brave Lyn I have who I'm also considering just merging with my other Brave Lyn. The Same goes for Life & Death I suppose since I could merge my Jaffars together, though realistically I don't use Jaffar all that much anymore.)

My second question might be a simpler one, I am now sitting on 100K feathers as I haven't exactly had a unit where I went OMG I have to 5* them (Excluding Cherche when I finally get a +ATK IV.) I've considered making GHB units 5*, and I've considered a couple other units as well, but I haven't really been able to decide. The main appeal I have for upgrading the GHB units is that I hate making units 5* when there is a chance that I'll pull a 5* later. (And most of the units that are 3* or 4* only pulls, aren't all that great to me.)

So I guess I'll provide a list of units and the reasons in the spoiler and get an opinion on who is worth making a 5* (I'm also considering greens more heavily than other colors based on the 5* units I have, which as of posting this is: 13 Reds, 14 Blues, 5 Greens, and 13 Colorless)

Michalis: Fits into Flier Emblem, Iote's Shield and Hautclere, GHB Unit, Green

Cecilia (+ATK/-SPD): Needed for Eventual Horse Emblem, Green, Gronnraven (Until replaced with Gronnblade)

Gordin: Brave Bow+ For my Summer Gaius' Quad-Build that I want to do eventually.

Olivia (+SPD/-HP): Only Dancer I don't have at 5*

I've also yet to 5* Berkut, Valter, Navarre, Robin-F, Zephiel, Narcian, Lloyd, Clarisse, and Legion; however these units aren't too high on the list at the moment.)

Edited by BrokenGrace

36 minutes ago, BrokenGrace said:

So I guess I'll ask these questions as I'm sure outside opinions will help me greatly.

I just pulled Elincia (+HP-RES) and I was thinking of finally getting my flier emblem team together, I've got Cherche with BA+, and I've got a Caeda (Who will probably get replaced with Michalis or somebody else.)

I also have a Summer Corrin (+ATK-SPD, she is also +1.) who I already gave Blarblade+ in anticipation of building the team, however it occurred to me that I'm not sure what to do with the A-Slot. I have access to Death Blow, Swift Sparrow, Life & Death, and Fury at their max levels for inheritance. But I'm not sure which one is the best for her, given the IVs.

(I'm also not sure about inheriting Swift Sparrow on her as my fodder is a spare Brave Lyn I have who I'm also considering just merging with my other Brave Lyn. The Same goes for Life & Death I suppose since I could merge my Jaffars together, though realistically I don't use Jaffar all that much anymore.)

My second question might be a simpler one, I am now sitting on 100K feathers as I haven't exactly had a unit where I went OMG I have to 5* them (Excluding Cherche when I finally get a +ATK IV.) I've considered making GHB units 5*, and I've considered a couple other units as well, but I haven't really been able to decide. The main appeal I have for upgrading the GHB units is that I hate making units 5* when there is a chance that I'll pull a 5* later. (And most of the units that are 3* or 4* only pulls, aren't all that great to me.)

So I guess I'll provide a list of units and the reasons in the spoiler and get an opinion on who is worth making a 5* (I'm also considering greens more heavily than other colors based on the 5* units I have, which as of posting this is: 13 Reds, 14 Blues, 5 Greens, and 13 Colorless)

Reveal hidden contents

Michalis: Fits into Flier Emblem, Iote's Shield and Hautclere, GHB Unit, Green

Cecilia (+ATK/-SPD): Needed for Eventual Horse Emblem, Green, Gronnraven (Until replaced with Gronnblade)

Gordin: Brave Bow+ For my Summer Gaius' Quad-Build that I want to do eventually.

Olivia (+SPD/-HP): Only Dancer I don't have at 5*

I've also yet to 5* Berkut, Valter, Navarre, Robin-F, Zephiel, Narcian, Lloyd, Clarisse, and Legion; however these units aren't too high on the list at the moment.)

When I run Flier Emblem, I like to run my mage (Summer Corrin), another blue, red, and a green. And I prefer to have at least one of them be a little tanky on enemy phase just to be safe. So usually my teams are Palla, Summer Corrin, Cordelia, and Michalis OR Palla, Summer Corrin, Tana, and Minerva. So if I were you, I'd run Cherche or Michalis but not both since they both play the role of slower tanks. Cherche is more player phase while Michalis is more enemy phase.

Regarding Summer Corrin, unfortunately, I can't access the damage calculator on this computer. So I can't give you exact numbers. Just my opinion. -SPD hurts her, since blade tome users really want it. Having access to flier buffs can help. But not having Hone Fliers may be problematic. I tend to run two Goad Fliers and one Fortify for my Corrin. But Goads won't add to her tome. If you want to make up for the lack of speed, you'll want to go with LaD or Swift Sparrow, especially if you want to give her Desperation.

For upgrades, Michalis is a pretty solid unit. He gets a legendary weapon which is great. I've never regretted upgrading mine. I'd hold off on Cecilia until you can pull one that is +ATK but not -SPD. She really needs +SPD if she's going to run a blade build. +ATK is solid for a raven build and is totally fine for a blade build as well. But -SPD will really hurt her in the long run either way. Even with horse buffs. (Mine is +ATK -HP with the raven buld, and she eats all the Brave Lyns in the Arena.) I find that Olivia doesn't necessarily need to be 5 stars to be amazing. I ended up building a 4 star+10 version of her. Eventually I'll get her a proper +weapon to use her in the Arena. I just upgraded Valter myself, and he's been pulling his weight. He's another good option for a tanky flier in Flier Emblem as well. He's also easy to build since his base kit is pretty good, and unlike the other flying tanks (with the exception of Tana), he's fast.

4 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Wouldn't a 4 turn CD specials be better? If I'm understanding the built in effect correctly and assuming he has more attack than the enemy, when Roy gets attacked, his CD would go from 4 -> 2, and then 2 -> 0 when he counterattacks. If he doubles, the special activates on his second counterattack. If I'm understanding the skills correctly then a 3 CD special still activates on the second counterattack.

According to the calculator, Blazing Durandal and Heavy Blade only reduces an additional cooldown charge when your unit attacks. When an enemy attacks the unit, the unit does not get an additional cooldown reduction.

2 hours ago, Tragonight said:

For a quad Hana set, is +Atk -Res or +Spd -Res preferred? (Assuming Res is her best bane, correct me if I'm wrong.)

Edit: This will likely be a merged 4* +5 and over by the way, using Life and Death 2.

Hana would prefer +Atk. Swordbreaker will allow her to "outspeed" the fastest melee units, which are generally sword units.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

According to the calculator, Blazing Durandal and Heavy Blade only reduces an additional cooldown charge when your unit attacks. When an enemy attacks the unit, the unit does not get an additional cooldown reduction.

I need to read the weapon description more.

攻撃が敵より高い時、自身の攻撃による奥義発動カウント変動量 + 1

When (unit's) attack is higher than that of the enemy, attacks initiated by the unit grants special cooldown charge + 1

compared to the English description(taken from Wiki)

If unit's Atk > foe's, unit gains Special cooldown charge +1

This is some important info they're cutting out.

Also, they should really pick how effects that grant CD - 1 are worded and stick to it. 

Edited by tobuShogi

2 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

I should really read the weapon description. 

compared to the English description(taken from WIki)

This is some important info they're cutting out.

Also, they should really pick a way how CD - 1 is worded and stick to it. 

Yeah, the description is confusing sometimes with how it is translated into English.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, the description is confusing sometimes with how it is translated into English.

I feel like it's(at least this one) pretty straight forward in my opinion. Unless it's a spacing issue, I feel like important info like that should not be cut. I also heard that Ragnarok and Cancel Affinity caused some headaches too. I don't have a Celica nor Mathilda/Innes so I can't check their Japanese descriptions.

Just now, tobuShogi said:

I feel like it's(at least this one) pretty straight forward in my opinion. Unless it's a spacing issue, I feel like important info like that should not be cut. I also heard that Ragnarok and Cancel Affinity caused some headaches too. I don't have a Celica nor Mathilda/Innes so I can't check their Japanese descriptions.

Those two were huge headaches for those who could not read Japanese when those skills first came out.

Cancel Affinity was especially confusing. I still have no idea what is the difference between tier 1 and tier 2 in terms of its effect.

6 hours ago, Astellius said:

[...]

If you plan on incorporating him into your regular Arena team, sure, it probably would be good on him. You get more points for having costly skills like Aether, and he occasionally gets to use it. It would also be good his longevity in the Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges. He would make better use of it than most people.

Since BH!Roys innate special is Galeforce, it doesn't make sense to change it to Aether for arena score. 

12 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

BH!Roy with Galeforce is one of the most fun units I played until now. My first one was -ATK, but with LnD2 (or horse buffs) he could proc Galeforce very often. Perhaps a -SPD one would need Darting Blow (or LnD3, or buffs) to work? 

I would give Aether to someone without a 500 SP special in your arena team or in your AA starting team to get a higher score. 

7 hours ago, Tragonight said:

For a quad Hana set, is +Atk -Res or +Spd -Res preferred? (Assuming Res is her best bane, correct me if I'm wrong.)

Edit: This will likely be a merged 4* +5 and over by the way, using Life and Death 2.

No matter if 5* or 4*+5, Hana +SPD is slightly better against opponents without merges, while Hana +ATK gets noticeably more wins against highly merged opponents:

Against vanilla FEH cast +0
Hana 5* +SPD -RES (Brave+, LnD3, Swordbreaker, Escutcheon): 139 wins / 4 losses 
Hana 5* +ATK -RES (Brave+, LnD3, Swordbreaker, Escutcheon): 136/4
Hana 4* +5 +SPD -RES (Brave, LnD2, Swordbreaker, Escutcheon): 124/3
Hana 4* +5 +ATK -RES (Brave, LnD2, Swordbreaker, Escutcheon): 121/3

Against vanilla FEH cast +10
Hana 5* +SPD -RES (Brave+, LnD3, Swordbreaker, Escutcheon): 99/7 
Hana 5* +ATK -RES (Brave+, LnD3, Swordbreaker, Escutcheon): 110/9
Hana 4* +5 +SPD -RES (Brave, LnD2, Swordbreaker, Escutcheon): 69/6
Hana 4* +5 +ATK -RES (Brave, LnD2, Swordbreaker, Escutcheon): 82/12

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Since BH!Roys innate special is Galeforce, it doesn't make sense to change it to Aether for arena score. 

BH!Roy with Galeforce is one of the most fun units I played until now. My first one was -ATK, but with LnD2 (or horse buffs) he could proc Galeforce very often. Perhaps a -SPD one would need Darting Blow (or LnD3, or buffs) to work? 

I would give Aether to someone without a 500 SP special in your arena team or in your AA starting team to get a higher score. 

No matter if 5* or 4*+5, Hana +SPD is slightly better against opponents without merges, while Hana +ATK gets noticeably more wins against highly merged opponents:

Against vanilla FEH cast +0
Hana 5* +SPD -RES (Brave+, LnD3, Swordbreaker, Escutcheon): 139 wins / 4 losses 
Hana 5* +ATK -RES (Brave+, LnD3, Swordbreaker, Escutcheon): 136/4
Hana 4* +5 +SPD -RES (Brave, LnD2, Swordbreaker, Escutcheon): 124/3
Hana 4* +5 +ATK -RES (Brave, LnD2, Swordbreaker, Escutcheon): 121/3

Against vanilla FEH cast +10
Hana 5* +SPD -RES (Brave+, LnD3, Swordbreaker, Escutcheon): 99/7 
Hana 5* +ATK -RES (Brave+, LnD3, Swordbreaker, Escutcheon): 110/9
Hana 4* +5 +SPD -RES (Brave, LnD2, Swordbreaker, Escutcheon): 69/6
Hana 4* +5 +ATK -RES (Brave, LnD2, Swordbreaker, Escutcheon): 82/12

Why Escutcheon? I thought people went full glass cannon with Luna/DA. If Eschutcheon is there to "ensure" a quad, won't she be lacking damage from her special?

59 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Why Escutcheon? I thought people went full glass cannon with Luna/DA. If Eschutcheon is there to "ensure" a quad, won't she be lacking damage from her special?

In fact in some cases it ensures her quatting the enemy and raises the survivability in general. If you put Dragon fang on her, it would raise the kills but also the losses. If you compare only 4* +5 +ATK -RES Hana (Brave, LnD2, Swordbreaker), then you'll get these numbers: 

Against FEH +0 cast:

Escutcheon 112/8
Draconic Aura 132/25
Luna 137/25
Dragon Fang 142/20

Against FEH +10 cast:

Escutcheon 62/21
Draconic Aura 90/53
Luna 94/53
Dragon Fang 110/47

A 5* Hana with her 5* exclusive skills/weapon does already enough damage and runs better with Eschutcheon in my opinion, but it seems 4* +5 Hana needs a damage special. 

Edited by mampfoid