"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

10 hours ago, Thienphu said:

So will it be worth to give my setsuna (+atk/-hp) a brave bow+?

I recommend investing in better archers since Setsuna is very outclassed, but if you really like Setsuna and want her to perform her best, then go for it.

Before I got all the top tier archers, Setsuna was my main damage dealer. But ever since I got BB!Cordelia, Takumi, Jeorge, Klein, YS!Gaius, and now BH!Lyn, Setsuna only comes out during Arena Assault.

9 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

I was considering to use Clarisse, as her bow could be useful to debuff enemies too, although she is quite frail I think. Maybe one of her teammates should have Reposition. The only teammate I'm sure about would be Hector/BK depending on the map, so they can take advantage of the chip damage and OHKO things in Infernal in both PP or EP. 

What do you think? Is it too crazy to work? xd

Competitively in the Arena, debuffers and armor units fare poorly.

For early Story Maps, I think it is fine. I am not sure if it will work very well in the later ones though.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, XRay said:

Competitively in the Arena, debuffers and armor units fare poorly.

For early Story Maps, I think it is fine. I am not sure if it will work very well in the later ones though.

I was refering to GHB and BHB, for Arena I have my Horse Emblem Team and my Flier Emblem Team

Just recently started using Reinhardt after using Olwen for a few months (capped her HM and got tired of essentially "losing feathers"), and after promoting my +Def/-SPD Reinhardt I managed to pull a +Atk/-Res on the Ninian/Hawkeye freeroll.  Given that his "thing" is basically being bulky while still being good offensively, would it be worth losing those 7 points of bulk (3 Def and 4 Res) to get 3 points of attack?  For a Horse team that can almost guarantee he'd have the +6atk/+6spd buff but not the defense/resistance buff.

7 minutes ago, GinRei said:

… to get 3 points of attack?

To get 6 points of attack.

+Atk Reinhardt is best used with Dire Thunder, which is a brave weapon.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

I was refering to GHB and BHB, for Arena I have my Horse Emblem Team and my Flier Emblem Team

It will definitely work for some of them, but each map is different so I do not think any particular team composition would work more than half the time. There is no set strategy or team composition since each map requires a different set of units and skills. I usually just watch strategy videos on YouTube so I do not have to waste Stamina trying to make something work.

16 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Best combat medic build for Masked Marth? For reference she already has Luna, Reciprocal Aid, and Renewal 2.

• Renewal 2 is ok if you don't have any spare Faes. 
  • Reciprocal Aid is fine in most cases, personally I pfeffer Ardent Sacrifice.
  • I gave her Darting Blow (Swift Sparrow is better, but expensive) for more doubles, but also Fury is good since it makes her bulkier.
  • Choose a C-Slot skill that fits your team composition.
  • Moonbow (lower proc count) or Draconic Aura (more kills) would have been slightly better than Luna, but I wouldn't change that anymore since Luna is good enough.
Edited by mampfoid

19 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Best combat medic build for Masked Marth? For reference she already has Luna, Reciprocal Aid, and Renewal 2.

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:
  • Renewal 2 is ok if you don't have any spare Faes. 
  • Reciprocal Aid is fine in most cases, personally I pfeffer Ardent Sacrifice.
  • I gave her Darting Blow (Swift Sparrow is better, but expensive) for more doubles, but also Fury is good since it makes her bulkier.
  • Choose a C-Slot skill that fits your team composition.
  • Moonbow (lower proc count) or Draconic Aura (more kills) would have been slightly better than Luna, but I wouldn't change that anymore since Luna is good enough.

Reciprocal Aid is generally better because it heals faster. Ardent Sacrifice is really only better if most of the rest of your team has a lot more HP than Marth does (43 unmerged, 45 at +3) or if you are using Fury.

Fury, Life and Death, and Swift Sparrow are typically the best choices for her A slot. 

Try to get Renewal 3 when possible. This gets you 10 points of HP on turns 3, 4, and 5 instead of 20 points of HP on turn 4, which adds up (especially in Tempest Trials where some maps may only last 3 turns).

Draconic Aura and Luna aren't different enough here to really matter all that much.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Reciprocal Aid is generally better because it heals faster. Ardent Sacrifice is really only better if most of the rest of your team has a lot more HP than Marth does (43 unmerged, 45 at +3) or if you are using Fury.

Fury, Life and Death, and Swift Sparrow are typically the best choices for her A slot. 

[...]

Often I want to heal a team member to be in QR range while Marth isn't at full health, with Ardent Sacrifice that's usually not a big deal. Also Marth can keep team members alive and go in combat next round without waiting too long to heal up by Renewal/Falchion. 

Like I wrote, Swift Sparrow is expensive, same goes for LnD which also reduces bulk while a Healer shouldn't become a glass cannon (in my opinion). Fury is great, but Darting Blow 3 gives more kills and is a good budget option since it is inheritable from 4 units at 4 stars (one of them being a limited GHB unit to be fair).  

Edited by mampfoid
Valter

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Often I want to heal a team member to be in QR range while Marth isn't at full health, with Ardent Sacrifice that's usually not a big deal. Also Marth can keep team members alive and go in combat next round without waiting too long to heal up by Renewal/Falchion.

You might want to try clearing maps faster if you find “Marth” is waiting for her HP to recover. You get instant +20 at the start of each map between Falchion and Renewal, which incentivizes clearing maps quickly. Reciprocal Aid practically guarantees a refreshed QR while Ardent’s healing might not even be enough in emergency situations where they are significantly damaged.

Edited by MrSmokestack

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

You might want to try clearing maps faster if you find “Marth” is waiting for her HP to recover. You get instant +10 at the start of each map, which incentivizes clearing maps quickly. Reciprocal Aid practically guarantees a refreshed QR while Ardent’s healing might not even be enough if they are significantly damaged.

With Falchion and Renewal its even 20 HP at the start of each map. Perhaps its a personal flaw of mine, but I struggle a little to use Reciprocal Aid better than Ardent Sacrifice in most situations. 

Edited by mampfoid

Just now, mampfoid said:

With Falchion and Renewal its even 20 HP at the start of each map. Perhaps its a personal flaw of mine, but I struggle a little to use Reciprocal Aid better than Ardent Sacrifice. 

Ahhh the ninja edit didn’t go through.

Try this analogy: Rehabilitate is to Reciprocal Aid what Recover is to Ardent Sacrifice. If your team has strong damage mitigation already, they will benefit more from Ardent Sacrifice, while frailer teams benefit more from Aid.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Ahhh the ninja edit didn’t go through.

Try this analogy: Rehabilitate is to Reciprocal Aid what Recover is to Ardent Sacrifice. If your team has strong damage mitigation already, they will benefit more from Ardent Sacrifice, while frailer teams benefit more from Aid.

Yeah, I'm fast starting to write an answer but slow to finish posting, because I have to reread several times to prevent too many errors in English. ^^

I used both skills on Masked Marth and Alm in different team compositions and had the overall sensation that I could use Ardent Sacrifice better most of the time:

• Alm/Marth was left with enough HP to take some hits after healing someone
  • glass cannons were kept alive to take 1 further hit but could remain in desperation range
  • tanks (who usually have higher max HP than Marth) could be brought into QR2 range. 

To be honest, this is the first TT were I don't run an healer/pseudo healer at all. Alm and Marth have maxed HM and I found Elincia and Titania to be strong enough to carry a blue mage and an archer to the final map. 

25 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

You might want to try clearing maps faster if you find “Marth” is waiting for her HP to recover.

I sometimes let an additional turn pass if it gets my Celica another 10 HP, especially in the tempest. +1 or 2 on the counter means nothing if it’s the difference between her taking the potential damage or croaking to it.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I sometimes let an additional turn pass if it gets my Celica another 10 HP, especially in the tempest. +1 or 2 on the counter means nothing if it’s the difference between her taking the potential damage or croaking to it.

In tempest I've never tried that because for a speed rank A, you have maximum 28 turns for 7 maps. But in Chain Challenge you can give all units full HP before engaging the enemies at the start of each map. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

In tempest I've never tried that because for a speed rank A, you have maximum 28 turns for 7 maps. But in Chain Challenge you can give all units full HP before engaging the enemies at the start of each map. 

It’s been a while since I’ve last failed A/A, so /shrug. 4 turns per map is pretty generous for a good team. Especially the first three maps can be blitzed through (unless the RNG screws you over with the enemy comp in 10-5. Fuck that map).

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s been a while since I’ve last failed A/A, so /shrug. 4 turns per map is pretty generous for a good team. Especially the first three maps can be blitzed through (unless the RNG screws you over with the enemy comp in 10-5. Fuck that map).

Yeah, its always nice to have 3 archers and Saizo in the left part of that map, but of course that happens only if BK is not on my team. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, its always nice to have 3 archers and Saizo in the left part of that map, but of course that happens only if BK is not on my team. 

Be a man, don’t run silly people in silly armour! All-mage team (plus Nephenee) is a way to go!

What do you think of the advice in this video?

tl;dr:

Spoiler

It's geared towards F2P users and advises pulling for "efficiency, not specificity", i.e. it's better to pull multiple colours instead of sniping because you get more pulls overall that way. The other tips are to only pull on banners with multiple units you want and be ready to accept off-banner pulls, and to quit while you're ahead instead of going back in for another unit (the latter of which I did with CYL).

Given everyone here (myself included) advocates sniping so that you don't get your pity rate broken by another colour, I was interested to see what you thought of this.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Be a man, don’t run silly people in silly armour! All-mage team (plus Nephenee) is a way to go!

Even better, you have to take archers out with a flier. Its a pity Galeforce Elincia can take out only two at a time. 

6 minutes ago, Alternis said:

How do you guys feel about Black Knight with Heavy Blade 3? 

Looking for alternatives because I lack Steady Breath, Wrath and Fury fodder at this time. 

Heavy Blade lowers the special count only if your unit attacks, but i guess BK is more of an enemy phase unit. 

15 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Given everyone here (myself included) advocates sniping so that you don't get your pity rate broken by another colour, I was interested to see what you thought of this.

It depends on what you're aiming for.

If you want "more units" and don't care who it is, you should do full pulls.

If you want to maximize your 5-star pulls at the cost of your number of pulls as a whole (and just assume that your 4-star and 3-star roster will just fill out eventually on its own), then you should focus pull on colors with multiple focus units.

If you want a specific unit in particular, you should pull that color and that color only.

The thing is that the game is lenient and generous enough that even free-to-players will, after enough time, have a comfortable enough roster that pulling for quantity instead of quality is no longer optimal.

20 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

so that you don't get your pity rate broken by another colour

Mathematically, that's closer to a myth. The pity rate matters less than the number of orbs you are spending on pulls that have a flat 0% chance of being the unit(s) you are looking for.