"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

26 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

For units with a really high Defense stat that come with Killer weapons like Beruka & Gwendolyn, would they want a Def boon to make better use of Ignis or would they want an Atk boon?

If you're looking at the damage output aspect exclusively, +3 damage all the time is better than +1.5 damage on Bonfire or +2.4 damage on Ignis.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Generally, I find Atk is better, since Atk always gives damage, while Def only gives extra damage when the special triggers.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you're looking at the damage output aspect exclusively, +3 damage all the time is better than +1.5 damage on Bonfire or +2.4 damage on Ignis.

I just want to deal the most damage so Atk sounds better. I pulled both a +Atk and +Def Beruka so I wanted a second opinion on which copy to keep. 

2 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

I just want to deal the most damage so Atk sounds better. I pulled both a +Atk and +Def Beruka so I wanted a second opinion on which copy to keep. 

What bane do they have? I guess -SPD is best. It wouldn't make much sense to keep a +DEF -HP one for example. 

9 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

What bane do they have? I guess -SPD is best. It wouldn't make much sense to keep a +DEF -HP one for example. 

@tobuShogi

I prefer -Res since you're not supposed to be letting a unit with low Res get attacked by a magic user.

Also, Def and HP are not equivalent stats for units with extremely high Def like Beruka. The higher your Def, the more each point of Def is worth and the less each point of HP is worth as each point of Def counts every time you get hit whereas each point of HP only counts once (each point less of HP is equivalent to taking that much damage once at the start of the battle, but each point of Def is equivalent to taking that much damage every time you take a hit).

Can Maria make decent use of Wrathful Staff? I ask because I've been considering promoting her for fun, but my two choices are +Atk/-Spd and +Atk/-Res. And I suppose as a follow up, would she be worse off with less Spd, or less Res? I could always give her a Plus skill if necessary (not like she has much else as a choice for an A skill...).

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

@tobuShogi

I prefer -Res since you're not supposed to be letting a unit with low Res get attacked by a magic user.

Also, Def and HP are not equivalent stats for units with extremely high Def like Beruka. The higher your Def, the more each point of Def is worth and the less each point of HP is worth as each point of Def counts every time you get hit whereas each point of HP only counts once (each point less of HP is equivalent to taking that much damage once at the start of the battle, but each point of Def is equivalent to taking that much damage every time you take a hit).

I don't know if it makes much of a difference (20 with -SPD instead of 23), but wouldn't it be better to get doubled as often as possible? To activate Ignis immediately on EP with a QR built? 

Are any of the Warriors maps good for SP farming P!Azura? I used 5/Hard to great effect with B!Lucina but since most of its units are sword units Azura keeps getting destroyed. Her low Def also causes issues with maps 3 and 4 as well :/

Thanks in advance!

Edit: 1/Lunatic is working so far, but I can only use her on the blue and green units, with B!Lucina dealing with the reds. So I'm still getting SP, but split between two units. I can live with that until something better comes up.

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Are any of the Warriors maps good for SP farming P!Azura? I used 5/Hard to great effect with B!Lucina but since most of its units are sword units Azura keeps getting destroyed. Her low Def also causes issues with maps 3 and 4 as well :/

Thanks in advance!

Edit: 1/Lunatic is working so far, but I can only use her on the blue and green units, with B!Lucina dealing with the reds. So I'm still getting SP, but split between two units. I can live with that until something better comes up.

You can use Azama (or any bulky healer) to block the left path where all the sword units are coming from, and put PA!Azura to the right of Azama so PA!Azura is blocking the right path where all the lance and axe units will head towards. I would then put two Dancers/Singers right below both Azama and PA!Azura.

Once there are only reds left, you can try using PA!Azura to clear them out, but you might need Fortify Defense and lots of Spur Defense to make it work.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Thanks in advance!

I used BK on the left side of the map on 5/hard while sending Azura to the right side. She might not clear the whole map, but it was still around 7/8 kills for only 10 stamina that takes a minute or so to play. 

58 minutes ago, XRay said:

You can use Azama (or any bulky healer) to block the left path where all the sword units are coming from, and put PA!Azura to the right of Azama so PA!Azura is blocking the right path where all the lance and axe units will head towards. I would then put two Dancers/Singers right below both Azama and PA!Azura.

Once there are only reds left, you can try using PA!Azura to clear them out, but you might need Fortify Defense and lots of Spur Defense to make it work.

15 minutes ago, Birdy said:

I used BK on the left side of the map on 5/hard while sending Azura to the right side. She might not clear the whole map, but it was still around 7/8 kills for only 10 stamina that takes a minute or so to play. 

Thank you both, I'll let you know how it goes!

Edit: I sent B!Lucina down the left path and Azura down the right and it worked like a charm. Azura's HP got pretty low at the end but she survived, so I'm going to try pairing both with dancers to improve my speed.

Thanks again!

Edited by DefyingFates

Hey guys! I was wondering if if posted which 5* units I have if someone who knows more about the game than me could tell me which have particularly decent or bad IVs, and maybe give me a couple of tips for which units work well together.

For red, Lyn is +1, also +Def -HP, Ryoma is +Speed -Res, Luke is +Attack -Res, & Leo is +Attack -Res.

For blue, Lukas is neutral, Brave Lucina is +Attack -Res, Azura is +Speed -Def, Ninian is +Attack -HP, Bridal Caeda is +Def -Res, Reinhardt is +Def -HP & Olwen is +Attack -HP.

For Green, Summer Tiki is +Def -Res, Fae is +Def -Speed, Soren is +Def -Speed, & Celcilia is +Attack -Speed.

For colorless, Faye is +Attack -Def, Klein is +Attack -Res, Innes is +Res -Speed, Summer Frederick is +Res -HP, and Mist is +Speed -Res.

I also have Masked Marth, Black Knight, Shareena, Berkut, Valter, & Brave Ike with neutral IVs. Berkut is also the one with summoner support, which seems to be enough that he's performing decently well. I'll definitely pick up Camus when he comes around again but I missed both him and Xander :/

(Also Navarre. Who I know isn't that great in game but he's my favorite FE character so I'm not very happy about that one either.)

Thanks!

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@tobuShogi

Both of them have a Speed bane. Although I did send the +Def/-Speed one home so she's unfortunately out of the discussion. 

Generally I would agree that a Res bane would be better but she's already slow enough to not double much of anything so she might as well take a Speed bane.

Question: I've pulled two P!Inigos, one with +res/-atk, and another with +atk/-spd. I know both of them are pretty bad in the boon/bane department but I was wondering how I should merge them for the best results for now. Would it be better to have the +res/-atk enhance the +atk/-spd or vice versa?

Also another question, I see on merge the HP and Atk increases by +1, I'm assuming if I did enhance the -atk one, there still wouldn't be a +3 overal to attack at 40?

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

Both of them have a Speed bane. Although I did send the +Def/-Speed one home so she's unfortunately out of the discussion. 

Generally I would agree that a Res bane would be better but she's already slow enough to not double much of anything so she might as well take a Speed bane.

Do you plan to make her 5*? I keep all copies of 4* units who are not good SI fodder and merge them until 4* + 10 if possible. 

2 hours ago, OmNomNom said:

Question: I've pulled two P!Inigos, one with +res/-atk, and another with +atk/-spd. I know both of them are pretty bad in the boon/bane department but I was wondering how I should merge them for the best results for now. Would it be better to have the +res/-atk enhance the +atk/-spd or vice versa?

Also another question, I see on merge the HP and Atk increases by +1, I'm assuming if I did enhance the -atk one, there still wouldn't be a +3 overal to attack at 40?

Assuming you go the Gronnraven route, Inigo shouldn't care as much about the loss in speed. 43 attack being boosted by TA3 against Blues and Colorless can usually secure the kill in one hit, so if I were to recommend one over the other I say merge +Res -Att into the +Att -Spd.

This does of course mean you give Inigo Gronnraven and TA3.

2 hours ago, OmNomNom said:

Merge bonuses are independent of level. A +1 merge is worth +1 to one stat and +1 to another regardless of level.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Do you plan to make her 5*? I keep all copies of 4* units who are not good SI fodder and merge them until 4* + 10 if possible. 

Eventually I want to promote her to 5*. I personally don't like the concept of 4* + 10 so when I get around to building her, I'm going to use her at 5*.

Eventually I want to promote her to 5*. I personally don't like the concept of 4* + 10 so when I get around to building her, I'm going to use her at 5*.

What's wrong with 4* +10? I prefer to promote GHB units to 5* and to 4* +10 units from the 3*/4* pool like Beruka, Oboro and Cherche (low cost, long time projects). Since I have a 5* Michalis, I don't need a 5* Beruka now. But with 4* +10 she could become better than him and could replace him over time. 

17 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

What's wrong with 4* +10? I prefer to promote GHB units to 5* and to 4* +10 units from the 3*/4* pool like Beruka, Oboro and Cherche (low cost, long time projects). Since I have a 5* Michalis, I don't need a 5* Beruka now. But with 4* +10 she could become better than him and could replace him over time. 

There's nothing wrong with a 4* + 10 unit but I personally just don't like the fact that the unit I'm investing in can be stronger. If I'm going to invest in a unit, I want to build them to their max potential.

Edited by tobuShogi

Advice for building a Dragon Emblem team? For reference, I have: a +ATK/-HP Nowi; a +ATK/-RES A!Tiki; a +SPD/-RES F!Corrin; a Fae whose IVs I forgot; and a +DEF/-HP Ninian

There's nothing wrong with a 4* + 10 unit but I personally just don't like the fact that the unit I'm investing in can be stronger. If I'm going to invest in a unit, I want to build them to their max potential.

Chances are low that I ever will have a 5* +10 unit at all (my highest 5* merge is Ninian +3 who trolled me with 4 off-focus appearances). Therefore 4* +10  is the best I can do for the big majority of my units, since it's similar to 5* +5.

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Assuming you go the Gronnraven route, Inigo shouldn't care as much about the loss in speed. 43 attack being boosted by TA3 against Blues and Colorless can usually secure the kill in one hit, so if I were to recommend one over the other I say merge +Res -Att into the +Att -Spd.

This does of course mean you give Inigo Gronnraven and TA3.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Merge bonuses are independent of level. A +1 merge is worth +1 to one stat and +1 to another regardless of level.

Thank you for the advice and explanations!

Edited by OmNomNom

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Is Steady Stance (Black Knight's new skill) a good idea to give to Tana? I wanted to give her a more interesting A than Fury, and this one looks interesting.

I wouldn't recommend killing the Black Knight for that.  I think it only works on Enemy Phase, so it would be a bit overkill with Tana's personal weapon.