"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Prince Endriu said:

Gamepress

I just thought cause gronnraven is effective against colorless and stacks with TA. So logically gronnwolf would have to stack wi TA as well against horses. Was checking out F Robins posdibilities as a counter but it seems she is just good against Rein and not against Lyn

Gronnraven doesn’t give effective damage (i.e. 1.5x) against colorless units. It just gives normal weapon advantage, which in turn expands TA’s coverage to colorless enemies in addition to blue enemies. Essentially, TA Gronnraven gives 1.4x extra damage against colorless and blue units, and takes 0.6x less damage against them.*

Gronnwolf gives only its 1.5x damage bonus while still taking 1x damage from colorless and 0.8x from blue units.* With Triangle Adept, that becomes

2.1x damage dealt against blue cavalry

1.5x damage against colorless cavalry, but still

0.6x damage taken from blue and 1x damage taken from colorless.

*I’m using a simplified multiplier here. It isn’t actually what the game uses to calculate damage, but rather it adds / subtracts 0.2x (0.4x with TA).

Reminder that weapon effectiveness is always applied before the weapon triangle is taken into account.

EDIT: Thanks @Ice Dragon

Edited by MrSmokestack

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

@wushuguy The Atk shown is without a weapon equipped. Just subtract the 9 Mt from Thoron to get Reinhardt’s actual base Atk.

17 base Atk should be neutral in this case, but is your Reinhardt Lv. 1? If not, you will have to level him to 20 and use “Unlock Potential” to see his base stats as a 5* unit.

Oh darn that was simple.  Thanks for solving my greatest mystery.  In this case, my Reinhardt is purely average.  

22 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Blade mages tend to like Fury to get into Desperation range easily and to give them some overall bulk if need arises, but if my Tailtiu is any indication she has paper thin defenses so it'll be better to go all out on offense with LnD 3 and give her Reciprocal Aid to get her in Desperation range (Ardent Sacrifice is usually enough but +HP Tailtiu has 42 so she needs two uses to enter the range).

That's kinda what I was thinking too. If she had neutral Res at least, then Fury and Summoner Support (which I gave her because why not really) would get her up to a passable 30 Res, but with -Res, it just doesn't seem worth it. That's a good point for her Assist skill though, I hadn't thought about the difference +HP would make (and the Summoner Support too, now that I think about it). I have fodder for each, luckily, so that won't be a problem to give her. Thanks!

23 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Blade mages tend to like Fury to get into Desperation range easily and to give them some overall bulk if need arises, but if my Tailtiu is any indication she has paper thin defenses so it'll be better to go all out on offense with LnD 3 and give her Reciprocal Aid to get her in Desperation range (Ardent Sacrifice is usually enough but +HP Tailtiu has 42 so she needs two uses to enter the range).

It depends on play style; if you utilize Reposition and Dancer/Singer often, Life and Death is generally better since bulk does not matter. I prefer the drop in bulk so Blade mages can eat a counter and be almost guaranteed to be in Desperation range. I often find the Speed increase from Fury is not enough for Desperation to activate against faster targets.

55 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Gamepress.

I just thought cause gronnraven is effective against colorless and stacks with TA. So logically gronnwolf would have to stack wi TA as well against horses. Was checking out F Robins posdibilities as a counter but it seems she is just good against Rein and not against Lyn

Gronnraven has weapon triangle advantage against colorless.

Gronnwolf has effective damage against cavalry.

Those are different mechanics. Triangle Adept only applies to the weapon triangle.

20 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

1.7x damage dealt against blue cavalry

1.5 (effective damage) × 1.4 (weapon triangle) = 2.1.

What do i do with a 5 Star merric? Since i got one by mistake (or bad luck). +SPD -Def nature. i have no idea wtf to do with him ¬.¬

I mean he lack the offensiv power to hit harder then a wet noodle. and with this boonSPD/baneDEF he basicly doesnt even have physical bulk (his res is anyway beyond saving) wtf do i do with him!?

Edited by Hilda

8 minutes ago, Hilda said:

What do i do with a 5 Star merric? Since i got one by mistake (or bad luck). +SPD -Def nature. i have no idea wtf to do with him ¬.¬

I mean he lack the offensiv power to hit harder then a wet noodle. and with this boonSPD/baneDEF he basicly doesnt even have physical bulk (his res is anyway beyond saving) wtf do i do with him!?

Give him to me, I have uses for him :P:

He's not going to be really amazing at anything outside of shooting Valter down.  Do you know if the Ninos you face hit 62 attack?

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Give him to me, I have uses for him :P:

He's not going to be really amazing at anything outside of shooting Valter down.  Do you know if the Ninos you face hit 62 attack?

If i want to shoot Valter down i just use BLyn or Bridelia... and a Nino counter only works with Green Tome breaker.... god he is so limited -_-

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

If i want to shoot Valter down i just use BLyn or Bridelia... and a Nino counter only works with Green Tome breaker.... god he is so limited -_-

If Merric isn't one-shot, he can work as bait.  Henry has G Tomebreaker, so it shouldn't be too hard to get.  Merric high HP means that he'll survive a lot of crap (reds and braves aside).

'sides, my arrow guys have other things to do with their time. :P:

27 minutes ago, Hilda said:

He has the bulk to go Gronnraven. -Def is kind of disappointing, but Speed is nice for bulk and if going Gronnraven he'll want to just go for blues anyway.

Otherwise Close Counter Excalibur for a flier counter but again, -Def...

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

He has the bulk to go Gronnraven. -Def is kind of disappointing, but Speed is nice for bulk and if going Gronnraven he'll want to just go for blues anyway.

In other words i might as well just shove him up a place where the sun never shines

11 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Hilda already has a Raven Boey that they're working on +10'ing

Edited by MrSmokestack

16 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Hilda already has a Raven Boey that they're working on +10'ing

its a gronnowl boey. no need for raven on his bulk with def+ nature and the team compostion. He even deals with reinhardt without triangle advantage with drive res2 and 2 allys near him (1 being also an ally support) giving him enough res to withstand reinhardt and slaughter him. 

But yeah i really have no use for this mettic 

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

Wait for a better IV 4* and merge or just send home

7 hours ago, Hilda said:

I have a similar Merric (+HP -DEF), I just gave him TA2, simple Gronnraven, QR2 and Bonfire. He works good enough as Reinhardt/BH!Lyn bait in AA for me. Perhaps it's not enough in your score range though ... 

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I managed to pull an +Atk/-Res Sigurd earlier, and I like his base kit, but I'm unsure of what his S-skill should be. Any suggestions?

Depends on what you want out of him.  If you want him as a pure anti-mage thing, slap Distant Def on him.  If you want something more offensive, a stat-plus never hurts.

13 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I managed to pull an +Atk/-Res Sigurd earlier, and I like his base kit, but I'm unsure of what his S-skill should be. Any suggestions?

If you meant his support skill, then give him Reposition. In my opinion it's the best support skill for melee horses, even more so for the tankier ones. 

If you meant what sacred seal to equip, give him Distant Def (or stat plus seals) like @eclipse wrote. 

Edited by mampfoid

9 hours ago, Hilda said:

its a gronnowl boey. no need for raven on his bulk with def+ nature and the team compostion. He even deals with reinhardt without triangle advantage with drive res2 and 2 allys near him (1 being also an ally support) giving him enough res to withstand reinhardt and slaughter him. 

But yeah i really have no use for this mettic 

Oh that's fair enough. 

That said I did find use for him doing Squad Assault for, against Summer Corrin. I mean, he wasn't fast enough to double her, but at least he was +Res and could start baiting her.

Other than that, I just used him as a Renewal Tank healer for the first Tempest Trial with his high HP. He was really useful against the all-flier map. So yeah, probably just a PvE unit.

Is there any green or blue infantry unit with similar stats than Selena? I actually like using her as a meat shield in PvE content where she can block the way using her vanilla set (TA2 and Threaten Spd 3) and I was wondering if I can do something similar with the other 2 colours. For Blue I’m thinking on Lukas, but I have no idea who should I consider for the green version

54 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

So I pulled a +Speed/-Res F!Corrin yesterday. Looking at her stats, wouldn't she want +Atk more since she's got decent speed already?

I personally prefer +atk myself, however, Spd does increase both bulk and offense. My reasoning is that sub 30 ATK is just too low. Where as 34 speed is 'good enough'. However, since she for many functions as a debuffer getting that extra speed to insure that she doesn't get doubled can go a real long ways.

5 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Is there any green or blue infantry unit with similar stats than Selena? I actually like using her as a meat shield in PvE content where she can block the way using her vanilla set (TA2 and Threaten Spd 3) and I was wondering if I can do something similar with the other 2 colours. For Blue I’m thinking on Lukas, but I have no idea who should I consider for the green version

If you are looking for mixed defenses and base kit(or at least some kind of triangle advantage deal) there is Arthur in the Axe pool. Emerald Axe built in. He also carries lancebreaker. He fears no Lance unit in the game. With a +Res/-HP boon/bane he has 40HP/30Def/28Res compared to Selena's 37/32/28. Selena has 25 Atk/35Spd and Arthur has 32ATK/29Spd. Arthur's speed is in a rather unfortunate spot so Selena does tank better simply due to speed. So he would probably rather switch his atk and spd for maximum tanking ability.

As for lances. If you happened to get Summer Robin she is probably the best mixed lance infantry with 35/28/29 and 34 speed. Oboro can be decent that way too +Res gives her 40/35/28. But only 26 speed. Like Arthur sacrificing her atk gives her the same attack as +atk Selena.

Still those are the names that pop up for me when I think 'Like Selena'. I think Selena might be the fastest mix tank infantry in the game. And speed is almost as important on defense as it is on offense.

So I got my pity rate broken by a Soren with bad IVs recently and the sight of him annoys me, which is why I want to get rid of him and use him as Watersweep fodder. +SPD/-DEF PA!Olivia or +ATK/-DEF Celica seem to be my best options at the moment. Should I go with one of them or wait for a better recipient?

@hunty Sweep skills in general are pretty bad, and Watersweep is even more so. With it, Celica can’t make the most out of Ragnarok and Olivia should be dancing for her allies rather than attacking.

There is one extremely niche build involving +Spd Reinhardt, Hone Cavalry, and a maxed Phantom Spd seal, letting Reinhardt attack any unit with less than 37 Spd without a counter, letting him wear down checks that would KO him if allowed to attack. However, this gimps him vs hi-Res blues and forces him to cut back on his Atk just so he can deal with units he really should not be fighting in the first place.

Growing Wind is a budget option if Aether and Galeforce aren’t available to boost your arena score, but it is not only not worthwhile in the long term but is also just a bad skill in general.

Soren isn’t suited to being skill fodder at all. What is his nature?

@Javi Blizz Only Subaki comes to mind for a unit with a similar playstyle to Selena. There isn’t really an equivalent in the green pool other than seasonal units like Chrom and Xander.

Edited by MrSmokestack

9 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Soren isn’t suited to being skill fodder at all. What is his nature?

Same for Merric, if I understand the demand correctly. Spur Res is sort of meh, HP+4 is self-explanatory, and Growing Wind is ehh.

So I just went on and merged my Merrics.