"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

37 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Okay, time to ask the question. What units should I use for a horse emblem team and how should I divy out the buffs? 

Units in consideration: Eldigan, Sigurd, Ursula, Cecilia, Roderick, Peri, Titania, Fredrick

Buff available: A bunch of hone's, ward's, and fortify's. Sadly, no goads.

You definitely need Sigurd, Ursula, and Cecilia- especially the latter two because mage cavs are broken with blade tomes and Cecilia is the only green cav mage. Last one can be melee and either Peri or Roderick works. Titania only shines if she has Distant Counter and you really need Reinhardt checks (but Cecilia usually is enough). Eldigan is overshadowed by Sigurd. Peri can be good if you gave her Roderick's Firesweep lance but otherwise Roderick has a good base kit himself.

as for cav buffs, i usually run Hone and Fortify buffs, especially if you want to go the blade tome route. Maybe give the Buff skill that the user doesn't need- for example Peri doesn't care about Fortify buffs so give her Fortify Cav.

Sigurd would be super bulky with Fortify buffs so maybe give him Hone Cav. He could buff up Peri who appreciates Hone buffs.

i gave my Cecilia Hone Cav, and this would be great to give Ursula even more damage (even if you keep her base Death Blow skill)

Ursula can have Fortify Cav to make Cecilia better at baiting mages like Reinhardt or colorless like Lyn if you go for Raven Adept build.

Edited by mcsilas

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Not breaking any new grounds here, but what about wo dao-Iceberg + Fury-Desperation on Caeda?

I already have spare wo daos, and hopefully I can get a +Atk Caeda in the near future.

Tagging @LordFrigid because why not.

Wo Dao was literally made for Moonbow.

On a side note, any other ideas on what to run for Diadora's special between Iceberg and Glacies? She's currently running a Distant Def (S slot) + Quick Riposte build.

14 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Okay, time to ask the question. What units should I use for a horse emblem team and how should I divy out the buffs? 

Units in consideration: Eldigan, Sigurd, Ursula, Cecilia, Roderick, Peri, Titania, Fredrick

Buff available: A bunch of hone's, ward's, and fortify's. Sadly, no goads.

Cecilia and Ursula should be in it for sure. The only reason not to use ranged units is because of scoring. Between Eldigan and Sigurd, both are good, but I prefer offensive units more, so I would go with Eldigan or rehaul Sigurd's entire skill set. The fourth pony does not matter in my opinion so just pick whoever, or you can pick a Dancer/Singer.

You can also go double pony using only Cecilia and Ursula with both using Blades. If you go that route, both should run Hone Cavalry.

For full pony teams, you can either go half and half of Hone and Fortify Cavalry, or go completely Hone Cavalry; it mostly depends on your play style. I frequently split up my team, so I run only Hone Cavalry. If you like to group your units together, then I would give Cecilia one of the cavalry buffs and Ursula the other cavalry buff, and the same applies to your melee cavalry. When you deploy to the battlefield, the cavalry formation should look something like this, with ranged cavalry in the front facing the enemy and melee cavalry in the back:
[Enemy][Enemy]
[_____][_____]
[_____][_____]
[_____][_____]
[_____][_____]
[R,HC][R,FC]
[M,HC][M,FC]

I am personally not a big fan of Goads and Wards unless it is for an armor team since the positioning requirements is not as flexible when you attack.

59 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Wo Dao was literally made for Moonbow.

On a side note, any other ideas on what to run for Diadora's special between Iceberg and Glacies? She's currently running a Distant Def (S slot) + Quick Riposte build

I’m curious as to your take on whether Moonbow’s stronger 1st Combat outweighs Iceberg’s better performance once Desperation is active, when either one will activate about once every 2nd fight. That said...having tried out both, I didn’t really notice much difference in strength one way or the other, but that’s probably due, at least in part, to Summoner Support and Goad bonuses.

~

I’ve been running Glacies, and haven’t been disappointed thus far. I wish I could give you something more analytical, but with the setting as the Tempest Trials I’m not really sure where I would start. I guess the most noticeable use I get out of it is dropping it on the final map’s armor unit, almost always resulting in an OHKO or ORKO...for whatever that’s worth.

12 hours ago, XRay said:

Cecilia and Ursula should be in it for sure. The only reason not to use ranged units is because of scoring. Between Eldigan and Sigurd, both are good, but I prefer offensive units more, so I would go with Eldigan or rehaul Sigurd's entire skill set.

+atk Eldigan = neutral Sigurd.... 

Sigurd is a tank purely because of his skills; his offensive stats are actually better than Eldy. 

10 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I’m curious as to your take on whether Moonbow’s stronger 1st Combat outweighs Iceberg’s better performance once Desperation is active, when either one will activate about once every 2nd fight. That said...having tried out both, I didn’t really notice much difference in strength one way or the other, but that’s probably due, at least in part, to Summoner Support and Goad bonuses.

@Vaximillian@Ice Dragon

Following up on this, after running some numbers (I posted the above around midnight my time, so I didn't really have time to run analysis) I think Moonbow's stronger 1st combat is the superior option.

In summary:

• Iceberg helps the most against blue units, and is mostly overkill against Reds and Greens.
  • Not having Iceberg in her first combat hurts some of Caeda's red matchups, mostly higher-Def reds such as Sigurd.
    • You can run QP with Iceberg to patch that up, but I'd rather run Atk+ to help the matchups where she won't be able to activate her special.

I'll argue Caeda should care more about Red/Green matchups than Blue ones, so I would go Moonbow here. Incidentally, what kind of support structure do you have on the team you're using her on? I just stuck a single Goad stack when running her numbers and only checked neutral, no-inheritance enemies.

2 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I'll argue Caeda should care more about Red/Green matchups than Blue ones, so I would go Moonbow here. Incidentally, what kind of support structure do you have on the team you're using her on? I just stuck a single Goad stack when running her numbers and only checked neutral, no-inheritance enemies.

Triple Goad on Palla, Catria, and Michalis for now. I never pulled a Hinoka or Minerva, so other buffs are out of the question. There is also Est with Fortify, but eh.

All of them also have Reposition (except Caeda herself).

i've got a +spd -res eliwood. i like him as a character, but his stats are horrid. should i upgrade him to 5 stars? i've currently got 20000 feathers, but i'm waiting till i get 60000 to do the upgrade

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

i've got a +spd -res eliwood. i like him as a character, but his stats are horrid. should i upgrade him to 5 stars? i've currently got 20000 feathers, but i'm waiting till i get 60000 to do the upgrade

That’s a great Eliwood you have. While his stats are decidedly average save his Res, Durandal is one of the better Legendary weapons, and by stacking Horse buffs and Death Blow he can put in the work.

If you don’t have anyone else you’d like to upgrade and you like Eliwood, go ahead and promote him.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

That’s a great Eliwood you have. While his stats are decidedly average save his Res, Durandal is one of the better Legendary weapons, and by stacking Horse buffs and Death Blow he can put in the work.

If you don’t have anyone else you’d like to upgrade and you like Eliwood, go ahead and promote him.

that's good cause i have a spare klein. should i give him swordbreaker?

Edited by silveraura25

27 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

that's good cause i have a spare klein. should i give him swordbreaker?

Swordbreaker works pretty good as a check to enemy swords, but +Spd Eliwood can also make use of Desperation. With 33 Spd at +Spd, Hone Cavalry buffs it to 39. With an upgraded Spd sacred seal, that becomes 42, which is a good stat to hit for doubling.

Alternatively, you can upgrade the Brash Assault seal for guaranteed no-counter doubles when his HP drops below half, but this is much more risky. Brash Assault also won’t give him doubles against units that can’t counter him back normally.

Recently I pulled 2 Sigurds from his banner, both have HP- but one has SPD+ and the other DEF+. Is the extra speed worth it or should I focus on the more tanky one? For the leftover one should I fuse him or salvage his skills to someone else?

Edited by Naturesshadow

@XRay is saying go Eldigan, Ursula, Cecilia, and a dancer/singer. @mcsilas is saying Ursula, Cecilia, Sigurd, Peri/Roderick. Well, what if I told you both that I wrote this when I was half asleep and forgot to mention that I have a Brave!Lyn. Can't believe I forgot about her. So, what now about my horsey emblem team?

Edited by Poimagic

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

@XRay is saying go Eldigan, Ursula, Cecilia, and a dancer/singer. @mcsilas is saying Ursula, Cecilia, Sigurd, Peri/Roderick. Well, what if I told you both that I wrote this when's I was half asleep and forgot to mention that Ihave a Brave!Lyn. Can't believe I forgot about her. So, what now about my horsey emblem team?

Go Ursula, Cecilia, your red cav of choice then Brave Lyn :P

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

@XRay is saying go Eldigan, Ursula, Cecilia, and a dancer/singer. @mcsilas is saying Ursula, Cecilia, Sigurd, Peri/Roderick. Well, what if I told you both that I wrote this when I was half asleep and forgot to mention that I have a Brave!Lyn. Can't believe I forgot about her. So, what now about my horsey emblem team?

BH!Lyn, Cecilia, and Ursula should be your core pony team. The fourth slot can be anyone you want. I personally prefer a Dancer/Singer for more flexibility, but using a fourth pony is fine too.

So I decided to train a +res -hp Florina and would like her to explode ice on everything. What skill setup is a good one for her? Gamepedia suggests giving her QR or B Tbrkr. I don't have QR but I do have 2 robins for B TBrkr, but idk if it's worth it or should I give her something else?

3 hours ago, Naturesshadow said:

Recently I pulled 2 Sigurds from his banner, both have HP- but one has SPD+ and the other DEF+. Is the extra speed worth it or should I focus on the more tanky one? For the leftover one should I fuse him or salvage his skills to someone else?

His speed is at a number that a boon can prevent a large number of potential doubles, so +spd may actually be more tanky. The thing about speed is it contributes to both defense and offense. Sigurd is a bit tough since at 32 speed he does already prevent the large 34/35 spd pool from doubling him. A spd boon does however, prevent spd boon 34/35 from doubling him. And many of those units, according to my memory, do like spd boons. Not sure how important that is since I don't actually have a sigurd. I am not sure how much it helps his offense, it doesn't look like it nets him too many important doubles. But again not having him it is hard for me to say for sure. I just know that off the top of my head I would be picking spd for tanking ability not offensive ability.

As for the spare, I would be very tempted to keep him around for fodder. Close Defense is awesome and hard to get your hands on. And I view that as better than 1HP and 1ATK.

3 hours ago, Sakuto said:

I was thinking of five staring robin sooner or later and was wondering should I wait for a +spd Robin or use my +atk -res one.

+Atk will work, if you absolutely need a defensive -raven user.  +Spd is more defensive, since Robin's not exactly double-tap material (and Defiant Spd is usually replaced by TA).

47 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

@XRay @mcsilas I'm just worried that if I use Brave Lyn, Ursula, and Cecilia that I will have to many ranged units. But anyways, how does a team of Ursula, Cecilia, Brave Lyn and Eldigan/Dancer or singer/ bonus unit sound? And what about buffs? Who should get what?

In my opinion, there is absolutely no reason to use melee units outside of Arena scoring, favoritism, or you ran out of ranged units in Arena Assault or team building. 

Ranged units are simply superior with their greater reach. The only reason pony teams are scary is because of their ranged units have access to 3 movement. If ponies only had melee, they would not even be a problem.

I run Hone Cavalry on everyone, but you can also run half and half in the formation I described earlier. Since BH!Lyn does not utilize Blades, she can run the buff that the other melee cavalry is not running.

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

+Atk will work, if you absolutely need a defensive -raven user.  +Spd is more defensive, since Robin's not exactly double-tap material (and Defiant Spd is usually replaced by TA).

I was also wondering should I promote a +atk Mae or wait for a +spd