"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 Armor Emblem questions from me today.

1. How should I build my ToD!Henry?

He's +DEF/-RES which means he's a fantastic nature for Close Counter and I do happen to have a spare Takumi. Gronnblade+ and a hone buff means he's destroying everything, but Gronnowl+ seems like a good fit since Armor Emblem is always so close together. Then there's his A Skill. Darting Blow 3 + Hone is 46 speed and is terrifying if he's running Gronnblade+. He also is +DEF though... and 29 DEF means he can run a Raven/TA Build and counter both Rein and Brave Lyn.

What's the best way to go about him? Blade+/Fury|Blow for PP nuking? Or Raven+|Blade+/CC for reverse Hector trolling? + Colorless coverage?

2. How should I build my Armor Emblem team? I say that because I have options now...

• Effie (+1) (+HP/-SPD) Pivot/Noontime/DB3/Wary Fighter 3/Hone Armor (Occasional Brave Lance not +)
  • Hector (+HP/-RES) Swap/Bonfire/DC/Vantage 3/Goad Armor (Vantage occasionally replaced with Renewal 2/Occasional Distant Def 3 Seal)
  • Henry (+DEF/-RES) Undecided/Iceberg/Undecided/Undecided/Armor March
  • Sheena (*4) (+HP/-RES) 
  • Black Knight () Swap/Black Luna/Steady Stance 3/QR2/Ward Armor
  • Arden () Swap/Ignis/Attack+3/Followup Ring/Drive Def 2

My initial team was Hector/Effie/Zephiel/Gwen with the latter two at *4 acting as buff bots. A surge of good armored units has come in for me now which forces me to make decisions on team composition. Effie is mandatory as my only blue, but Henry is my only source of Armor march and Sheena is my only source of Fortify Armor. Hector/Effie are staples but I'm not sure if BK should be replaced with Arden and with the removal of Gwen, Effie becomes my only hone bot and can't be honed herself. That being said, if Henry is added, Arden will want to come with him since he's a Player Phase Armor, but that means I only have one DC armor and lose my only source of Ward armor and have no Fortify armor.

I never thought I'd have a tough time choosing an armor team of all things, but I'm going to need to run through Arena with Armor emblem as well as the armor quests. So, suggestions?

3. I've got 3 Gwens, 3 Draugs and 1 Sheena. What armors should get what buffs? 

• Hector - Goad Armor
  • Henry - Armor March

Being the only ones with the above skills, they're a lock. But what about Arden, Effie and BK? Effie has Hone armor but is that the best option when she'd like a Hone herself? What about BK and Arden?

Edited by Zeo

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I pulled a second 5* Tharja, and I'm not sure which one is better.  +Atk/-Def or +Spd/-Res?  They both seem pretty good to me!  :unsure:

For blades, +Spd is usually better. Buffs add up to 20 Atk, but only up to 4 Spd. Spd also lets you double stuff, doubling damage output.

What's a good Assist skill for a flier emblem team? Specifically one that runs Minerva, Caeda, Hinoka, and a varying fourth slot (eventually will be taken by a tome flier, hopefully). I assume one of the positioning skills would be best, but I'm not sure which to use.

17 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

What's a good Assist skill for a flier emblem team? Specifically one that runs Minerva, Caeda, Hinoka, and a varying fourth slot (eventually will be taken by a tome flier, hopefully). I assume one of the positioning skills would be best, but I'm not sure which to use.

It's also a question of personal preference, but I found Reposition on the melee fliers very useful while Draw Back works well on the mages. 

17 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Reposition on all the things! Or at least on most of them. You might want something like ArdSac or RecAid if you want to set up Desperation or the like.

Otherwise, you can never go wrong with Reposition.

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

It's also a question of personal preference, but I found Reposition on the melee fliers very useful while Draw Back works well on the mages. 

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Reposition on all the things! Or at least on most of them. You might want something like ArdSac or RecAid if you want to set up Desperation or the like.

Otherwise, you can never go wrong with Reposition.

Thanks! I normally put Reposition on my infantry melee units and Draw Back on my infantry mages, so that would make sense for the fliers as well. And I personally prefer to have Desperation units enter its range through either combat or Fury, while using the healing Assists for combat healers, so I'm fine without them for my fliers. Looks like it's Reposition for these units, then!

22 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@mcsilas

I don't know if its the optimal build, but here some numbers: 

*5 Lon'qu with LnD3 and RES bane (wins/losses against +0 and +10 FEH cast):

If Wo Dao or Slaying Edge don't seem to make much of a difference, but +ATK is superior to +SPD in his case. 

The rest would depend on the situation and the team support he would get (buffs, infantry pulse? etc.). 

Thanks, +Atk it is! Right now I don't really have a team for Lon'qu, it's just a personal project. Might give him Threaten Def as a C skill for more damage. Also I don't have fancy skills like Infantry Pulse, so if anything he'll probably just get a Hone Atk buff from a dancer.

21 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Based off the numbers I'm running, the best set you can do with Lon'q with the weapons you want to give him are...

+Spd or +Att -Res, Slaying Edge+, Moonbow, Assist

Fury 3, Wrath 3, C skill, Attack +3 or Speed +3 SS

This lets him run a similar version of what Nephenee runs. Slaying Edge brings down the already low cooldown of Moonbow to 1, and Wrath will trigger on hitting 75% health. Let him run wild on some enemy unit, which brings him down to 75% health and triggers Wrath every turn. The SS you give him simply depends on what the nature is, as the seal basically gives him a positive nature in that stat (+Spd Seal on +Att nature, vice versa).

This is the set that gave me the highest numbers on Attacker vs All (151-05-30 at 100% HP, 166-14-06 at 75% HP, +10 merge override numbers are 106-07-73 at 100% HP, 137-2-25 at 75% hp), though I've been wrong in the past, plus this does require you also have a throw-away Nephenee. I'd wait for more answers and then think about it.

Unfortunately I never summoned a Nephenee so no Wrath. Fury would be interesting, but Hinatas are rare for me, so the best I could do is either LaD 3 or Fury 2.

Looking at my skill fodder I can either give him a breaker or Desperation.

Thanks for the suggestions though!

@Zeo I personally prefer Wards, which gives more room for error (you still get buffs even if not adjacent). Personally, if you're doing an Armor March, Ward works better for those armors that run a bit further to KO an enemy (giving them protection as insurance for say, a random WoM unit)

It also means you're not susceptible to Panic Ploy skills (although armours usually have high HP anyway but maybe when in low health)

If it was me I'd go Hector, BK, Henry and Effie. Arden can be fun though but Distant Counter is just too useful in the range-heavy meta

edit: @Zeo Unless you go Gronnblade with Henry. Then you can use the Hone/Fortify skills but you would mostly be focusing on Henry anyway so it shouldn't really matter if Effie doesn't get Hone. If you really want all Hones and Fortify, maybe give BK a Hone (for Effie), Hector a Fortify (so BK becomes even bulkier).

Edited by mcsilas

Just out of curiosity, since it wouldn't have much practical use:

Arden equipped with follow up ring and Brash Assault 3 Seal, would he make 2 follow up attacks if exactly at 50% health? Something like this with Brave sword on player phase:

Hit 1, Hit 2, Counter 1, Hit 3, Hit 4 (follow up ring), Counter 2, Hit 5, Hit 6 (Brash Assault 3). 

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Arden equipped with follow up ring and Brash Assault 3 Seal, would he make 2 follow up attacks if exactly at 50% health?

No, either you do a follow-up attack (hitting once or twice) or you don’t. You can’t do more than one follow-up attack.

Adept and Accost aren’t in this game, [un]fortunately.

57 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Unfortunately I never summoned a Nephenee so no Wrath. Fury would be interesting, but Hinatas are rare for me, so the best I could do is either LaD 3 or Fury 2.

Looking at my skill fodder I can either give him a breaker or Desperation.

Thanks for the suggestions though!

Wow, that's the absolute opposite of me (Hinatas appear right when I need him to and I keep a stock of at least 3 or 4 at 3*, and I somehow summoned 5 Nephenee in trying to get just one good Elincia, two of which were merged together).

Well I at least found something that might work in the far off future, and that's about all I can do for you. Good luck with that Lon'qu I somehow misspelled as Lon'q, which unfortunately gave me imagery of Lonk...

So, uh. I got really lucky with the Halloween banner. Is it advisable to run 2 Armor March on a single armour team? I've been running Hone/Fortify instead of Wards so it seems kind of reasonable, even if it does mean foddering off a good IV H!Henry because I managed to get a pair of +ATK copies orz.

Alternatively, should I just run both copies of Henry on my armour team with different builds instead of foddering him off? My current team is BK/Effie/H!Henry/H!Jakob.

51 minutes ago, Reloaded said:

Is +spd -def eirika better than a neutral one? Trying to decide which one to merge

Overall, I'd say +SPD is better. I don't know how you plan to build her. I gave mine Triangle Adept to give her some better survivability if she does have to see combat which leaves her with 38 SPD. Pretty respectable. If you give her Fury, that boosts that to 41 which is even better, but as a combative unit, she's not THAT amazing, but that's not her primary function as a support unit. Anyways -DEF might hurt a tiny bit (but let's face it, even with the extra DEF at neutral, she's not that bulky), and she probably prefers something like -RES, but overall it looks like the extra SPD gives her better match-ups even with -DEF.

2 hours ago, azurrys said:

So, uh. I got really lucky with the Halloween banner. Is it advisable to run 2 Armor March on a single armour team? I've been running Hone/Fortify instead of Wards so it seems kind of reasonable, even if it does mean foddering off a good IV H!Henry because I managed to get a pair of +ATK copies orz.

Alternatively, should I just run both copies of Henry on my armour team with different builds instead of foddering him off? My current team is BK/Effie/H!Henry/H!Jakob.

Running both TOD!Henrys with different builds on the same team is fine, although you can only use him once during Arena Assault. I prefer to either merge him or build two different copies of him, since foddering him off seems like a waste since you can get Armor March from Amelia who is not a limited unit. Henry can either go for a Blade build or a Raven build.

I think it is advisable to run two Armor March units on a single team since that fixes armor teams' mobility problem.

So I have a Neutral H! Henry, but I am unsure what to have in his B slot. I've seen various recommendations all for Vantage, Desperation and Quick Riposte, but I am not sure how useful they would be, with Henry's HP being the main factor.

Desperation seems like it would only really be effective with Fury to help him get to the threshold and Spd boon, but yet I've seen builds without those requirements utilizing it. Regardless, I've never been a fan of the HP damage aspect of fury in general. 

Quick Riposte seems the most promising of the bunch, but with his HP of 36 he'd reach beyond fairly easily, where it would become useless.

Then there's Vantage which requires he already be past the 75% threshold; which has the reverse problem of Quick.

Currently, he is using Close Counter and Armor March in his A and C if it helps. I want to go Swift Sparrow in his A someday if I ever get fodder, but for now he's great at brushing off melee blues, so I'd rather like to keep Close Counter if possible.

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, OmNomNom said:

So I have a Neutral H! Henry, but I am unsure what to have in his B slot. I've seen various recommendations all for Vantage, Desperation and Quick Riposte, but I am not sure how useful they would be, with Henry's HP being the main factor.

Henry is in an odd position like Cecilia where he can run multiple sets with varying levels of effectiveness. Gronnraven and Gronnblade are both great on him, but they leave him suited to different roles.

I would not use Gronnowl. It has less Mt than the other two and the Spd increase is outweighed by the defensive coverage of the former and the raw Atk increase of the latter.

Desperation seems like it would only really be effective with Fury to help him get to the threshold and Spd boon, but yet I've seen builds without those requirements utilizing it. Regardless, I've never been a fan of the HP damage aspect of fury in general.

Gronnblade builds use Desperation since he is surprisingly fast after buffs. However, it is best used with +Spd. 

I do not run Fury on armored units as a general rule. Their niche lies in taking constant 0’s against good matchups and OKRO’ing back on enemy phase. While player phase armors like Effie and Arden are very good with armor march, neither make use of Desperation and prefer staying at as high an HP level as possible.

With a -Blade build, LaD is very viable on Henry and, should you use a one on him I would recommend using that or Swift Sparrow as his A.

Quick Riposte seems the most promising of the bunch, but with his HP of 36 he'd reach beyond fairly easily, where it would become useless.

QR isn’t necessarily useless if you have a high Spd stat. Henry suffers from having a low HP cap, but with his Def and Res he can function as a strong defensive check to arena threats like Reinhardt and Brave Lyn, the latter of which will most certainly be doubling him.

I would recommend QR out of the other B options. It is always active from the start of a map and can stay active with good play and careful usage of buffs. In second place would most likely be G Tomebreaker or Bowbreaker if units in those categories give your team a hard time.

Then there's Vantage which requires he already be past the 75% threshold; which has the reverse problem of Quick.

Vantage does have a niche for CC Blade builds where Henry with +30 Atk can OHKO anything with Vantage before it can attack him. But for general usage? I would say no.

Currently, he is using Close Counter and Armor March in his A and C if it helps. I want to go Swift Sparrow in his A someday if I ever get fodder, but for now he's great at brushing off melee blues, so I'd rather like to keep Close Counter if possible.

If you want to stick with Close Counter inheritance, there is either CC + Blade + Vantage or CC + Raven + QR.

Hope this helps.

A Hinoka coming home has caused my flier emblem team to have the potential to become amazing, but she has also made it hard to figure out how to build the team.

Units on consideration: Cherche (+atk/-spd), Elincia (+atk/-def), Hinoka (+hp/-res), Valter, H!Nowi (+atk/-hp), and Su!Corrin (+res/-hp)

3 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

A Hinoka coming home has caused my flier emblem team to have the potential to become amazing, but she has also made it hard to figure out how to build the team.

Units on consideration: Cherche (+atk/-spd), Elincia (+atk/-def), Hinoka (+hp/-res), Valter, H!Nowi (+atk/-hp), and Su!Corrin (+res/-hp)

If you want to go the double blade tome route and don't want to sacrifice Hinoka, then you should go with Cherche to cover all colors. 

Elincia and Cherche are also amazing units without buffs. Together with Valter, Elincia could be the base for a second flier team (melee only). 

I'm running two teams myself, the blade tome girls (Palla and Hinoka to buff Corrin and Camilla) and the melee masters (Cherche, Elincia, Cordelia, Tana, Michalis and few times Valter). 

I have an alternate account that I got super-lucky on, and I want to start playing it, but the problem is that I worked on it on my uncle's phone whenever he came over lol. I got the account information though, and I have a second device that already has a different alt account on it. My question is can I just get rid of the current account without permanently deleting the data, and use the new account on it, and if so how?

19 minutes ago, Logos said:

I have an alternate account that I got super-lucky on, and I want to start playing it, but the problem is that I worked on it on my uncle's phone whenever he came over lol. I got the account information though, and I have a second device that already has a different alt account on it. My question is can I just get rid of the current account without permanently deleting the data, and use the new account on it, and if so how?

If the account isn't linked to a Nintendo ID yet, you should do so to save the account and eventually transfer it to another device. After reinstalling the App in Android, I was prompted for my Nintendo ID. So reinstalling the game should suffice to change the account. 

Just now, mampfoid said:

If the account isn't linked to a Nintendo ID yet, you should do so to save the account and eventually transfer it to another device. After reinstalling the App in Android, I was prompted for my Nintendo ID. So reinstalling the game should suffice to change the account. 

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to uninstall it, and then be forced to turn my volume off so I don't have to hear "Ohhh Faiiah Emburrem" 10 million times, but I see now that's not the case. Anyways thanks for the information.

There's something I don't quite get about the Follow Up Ring. When I have Arden attack an enemy that can double him, the attack sequence goes like:

Arden -> Arden -> Enemy -> Arden -> Arden

Shouldn't the enemy be able to attack once more before Arden's second attack with the Brave Sword since the enemy can double him?

3 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

There's something I don't quite get about the Follow Up Ring. When I have Arden attack an enemy that can double him, the attack sequence goes like:

Arden -> Arden -> Enemy -> Arden -> Arden

Shouldn't the enemy be able to attack once more before Arden's second attack with the Brave Sword since the enemy can double him?

Every attack with a brave weapon on player phase produces two hits. If the enemy wouldn’t have died after Arden’s fourth hit, they would have retaliated again: Arden → Arden → enemy → Arden → Arden → enemy.