"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Just now, XRay said:

Brave Weapons should generally run 3 cooldown Specials. Luna or Bonfire should be used depending on her A slot.

I personally prefer Life and Death, but Fury and Death Blow are both good options if you want to preserve her bulk. Swift Sparrow is also really good, but it is pretty expensive.

Breakers are good on YS!F!Robin since I do not think she is fast enough to utilize Desperation effectively.

Makes sense, makes sense. I have a few extra Adult Tikis and no other Catrias or Fredericks, so I'll give her Bonfire at least for now.

I prefer to use LaD when I can as well, and I don't have any spare Kleins regardless, so I'll probably do that. Although, I may wait to see if I get extra CYL Lyns or Ayras in the upcoming banner before I give her LaD, as keeping her decent bulk would be nice. And would help out Bonfire in case I don't get Luna fodder anytime soon.

Ooo, then I'm really glad this Brave Lance+ is coming from Abel now. I can give her the early stages of Swordbreaker from a spare Sully, and then the last stage along with Abel's Brave Lance. Lancebreaker would probably be preferred eventually, but until I get Oscar, SB will work well enough. Thanks!

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having a confidence issue with trying to tank (top tier) units with color advantage UNLESS I have triangle adept. However, I am not getting enough Selena's for skill inheritance. I need desperately need some advice on how to tank properly in the game (besides when you have good matchups w/ top tier 5 stars) especially when I am trying to bring up my new teams. 

Obviously some units don't tank- I'm not talking about them. I'm not talking about losing a tank to some same element scrub either- I'm mostly worried about those SPECIAL units that kill tanks through the -20%. Especially the green ones.

1 hour ago, Reality said:

I'm having a confidence issue with trying to tank (top tier) units with color advantage UNLESS I have triangle adept. However, I am not getting enough Selena's for skill inheritance. I need desperately need some advice on how to tank properly in the game (besides when you have good matchups w/ top tier 5 stars) especially when I am trying to bring up my new teams. 

Obviously some units don't tank- I'm not talking about them. I'm not talking about losing a tank to some same element scrub either- I'm mostly worried about those SPECIAL units that kill tanks through the -20%. Especially the green ones.

I am assuming you are talking about Arena Assault. For regular Arena, I highly recommend running only ranged nukes and Dancers/Singers since that team composition is so much easier to use in my opinion. Cecilia, BH!Lyn, and Olivia are free, and the only units you may have trouble with are Rauðrraven mages, but I do not see those too often.

I think the skill you are looking for is Guard. Guard will prevent Specials from cooling down, although it does not prevent enemies from activating Specials if it is all charged up.

If you do not have Guard, there are also Breakers that prevent enemies from attacking twice, so even if enemies activate their Special, your tank will be crippled instead of being dead since the enemy cannot finish off your tank with a followup attack.

5 hours ago, Reality said:

First question: Who are you using as your tanks?

Second question: What are you losing your tanks to? Is it to sheer brute force? Getting double attacked? Getting hit by special skills?

8 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Is Roy's Blazing Durandal skill charge different from Ike's Heavy Blade?

From what I recall, Roy gets +1 to his charge when he does an attack *AND* when he gets hit so long as his ATK is higher.

Or am I just crazy and misremembering that?

Possibly due to Galeforce activating after battle instead on his second hit getting an activation.

Edit: Never mind... it's probably the last sentence there.

Roy gets +1 to his special charge for each hit he does (on EP and PP). No matter if the opponent hits back. 

Because of this it's great to run him with QP seal and Desperation in current TTs. Almost guaranteed activation of Galeforce after the first encounter of each map (if the enemy doesn't die by the first hit already). 

I have a character that I've leveled to level 19 and the game says you can "unlock potential" at level 20 but they aren't gaining any more experience. Is this because there's no more "potential" to unlock?

8 minutes ago, Kivan said:

I have a character that I've leveled to level 19 and the game says you can "unlock potential" at level 20 but they aren't gaining any more experience. Is this because there's no more "potential" to unlock?

Huh, unlocking potential and gaining experience are two different mechanics.

Heroes gain experience by doing their usual heroic stuff, mostly defeating enemies within a certain level threshold compared to their owl level. If your lvl 20 heroes stopped gaining experience, you should try fighting enemies of higher level than before. Level cap is 40 in this game.

Unlocking potential increases the heroes’ rarity rating, represented by stars from ome to five. It can be initiated when a hero reaches lvl 20. When you unlock a hero’s potential, their level is rolled back to 1, and their stats are increased up to the base for that rarity. Rarity cap is 5★ for now (and, hopefully, ever).

47 minutes ago, Kivan said:

In addition to what @Vaximillian wrote: To gain XP, your 5* hero shouldn't fight opponents with less than 5 levels of his own level. Units with lower rarity gain XP/SP also with a bigger level gap: 

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Advanced_Mechanics#Skill_Point_Gain

If you want to promote this unit because you want to use him as fodder for skill Inheritance, level 20 is fine. If you actually want to use that unit, you should wait at least until level 35, otherwise you'll lose a lot of SP which will be harder to grind afterwards. 

Edited by mampfoid

On my arena defence list there is a Tharja who has her HP stat as green. I don't think I've seen this before, does anyone know why this is? Here's a picture:

Spoiler

p8OitEj.jpg

Edited by Zelgius

18 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

On my arena defence list there is a Tharja who has her HP stat as green. I don't think I've seen this before, does anyone know why this is? Here's a picture:

+HP Tharja’s HP has been visually bugged since release, actually.

On 11/22/2017 at 3:19 AM, mampfoid said:

Roy gets +1 to his special charge for each hit he does (on EP and PP). No matter if the opponent hits back. . 

He only gets the extra charge if he's initiating the attack. The English text left that part out of the description. See Ice Dragon's explanation below.

Edited by tobuShogi

49 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

He only gets the extra charge if he's initiating the attack. The English text left that part out of the description. 

Better worded: he only gets the extra charge when he hits the opponent and not the other way around. "Initiating the attack" implies player phase.

20 minutes ago, Kaoxt said:

Trying to decide if I should go +Atk or +Spd on Brave Lyn. I'm thinking best build would be Brave Bow. Any suggestions?

Most fast nukes with access to movement buffs should run +Atk.

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I managed to get both Nephenee and Sonya from the current banner. Nephenee is +Atk/-HP, and Sonya is +Res/-HP. What would be some good skills for them to learn?

For Nephenee, I would go with Luna-Life and Death or Bonfire-Fury.

For Sonya, I would build her as a blue mage tank running Triangle Adept/Fury-Quick Riposte, since her nature leans that way. You can also build her offensively with Life and Death but I think it is better to give that build to one with a +Atk/Spd nature.

Does Caeda work better with Moonbow or Glacies?

Also when I look at the wiki I'm not sure if Brave sword or Wo Dao is prefered. I'm kind of leaning towards Wo dao though.

Right now I feel like Caeda is not doing enough to weakened red units and tankier Greens. 

Currently just running Fury/Desperation/Def Ploy as the skills.

3 hours ago, Reality said:

Also when I look at the wiki I'm not sure if Brave sword or Wo Dao is prefered. I'm kind of leaning towards Wo dao though.

Right now I feel like Caeda is not doing enough to weakened red units and tankier Greens. 

Depends on her build.

Personally, I would not inherit her any Weapon other than Ruby Sword since her stats leans towards being a green mage tank.

If you really want her to function as an offensive nuke, these are her two best performing sets.

+Atk, -Res
Brave Sword, Luna
Life and Death, Swordbreaker
Player Phase 128:27:35
Player Phase [Hone Flier Buff] 153:25:12

+Atk, -Res
Wo Dao, Moonbow
Player Phase 127:21:42
Player Phase [Hone Flier Buff] 151:21:18

5 hours ago, Reality said:

Caeda's low Atk stat begs for a special and a flier-based support network to boost her damage. imo, Glacies charges too slowly no matter what her build is. Wo Dao is basically Moonbow's partner-in-crime. Brave Sword really wants a 3-charge special; Iceberg works fine with Fury, but as suggested above, Life and Death should be partnered with Luna.

If you're not running a Goad Team around her, I would recommend going with Wo Dao. Brave Sword is a lot better with 2 Goad Stacks than Hone Fliers. Also of note is that Wo Dao is on the list of refinable weapons. I don't know for sure how a refined Wo Dao will affect her matchups, but if the boosts are similar to the ones the Silver Lance is getting, then Wo Dao will be better than Brave for Caedas that are not Summoner Supported*.

Finally, a couple notes regarding @XRay's suggestions:

• Ruby is fine, but if you're going to go through the trouble of building a support network for her, you might as well give her a more multipurpose weapon.
  • Swordbreaker, especially paired with Life and Death, greatly reduces her ability to fight more than once per battle. Additionally, some Sword unit nature/inheritance/buff combinations will straight-up OHKO her; 55 combined HP & Def is pretty fragile.

* I'll spare you the details, but basically I run Caeda's matchups a lot more than is really necessary.

Edited by LordFrigid

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Swordbreaker, especially paired with Life and Death, greatly reduces her ability to fight more than once per battle. Additionally, some Sword unit nature/inheritance/buff combinations will straight-up OHKO her; 55 combined HP & Def is pretty fragile.

Now that I think about it, Swordbreaker might not be the best since she can easily be knocked out by sword units on the counter in the Arena. However, I do not think Caeda's sustainability should be prioritized since her melee match up is quite poor, so I do not think it is a good idea to make her fight more than once per map against melee units. I think it is more important to make sure she performs her best in her first round of combat with Life and Death rather than missing a kill and wasting a turn.

Why do I have a +4 Ryoma that is +Spd -Def and running Fury 3, and Vantage 3 with Draconic Aura? Why does he have to be +4 and have 27 defense?

Edited by Logos

7 hours ago, Alexmender said:

How much does -Res affect Lute's ability to ploy her enemies? And in case it really hurts her support ability what's a good use for her if Blarblade is not an option?

31 Resistance is still pretty high, so she is fine. She can still be a decent nuke.

If you want to run Blárblade, I would advise against using Ploy skills since she should run Life and Death to maximize her damage output. If you still want her to run a Ploy skill as a Blade mage, you can opt for Swift Sparrow, but that is a pretty expensive skill.

35 minutes ago, Logos said:

Why do I have a +4 Ryoma that is +Spd -Def and running Fury 3, and Vantage 3 with Draconic Aura?

I am not sure why you have that.

My Ryoma is benched, but if he were to be built, I would give him the following:
+Atk -Res
Raijinto, Moonbow
Fury, Quick Riposte

If I feel like spending more resources on him, I would opt for the following instead:
+Spd -Res
Slaying Edge, Draconic Aura