"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Kaoxt said:

Just got a few Brave Lyn's. Would you guys go Brave Bow / LnD or her default? Best IV I have is +Atk / -Hp. Was going to give her the +HP seal.

For Arena offense, BH!Lyn should run [Brave Bow, Luna, Swift Sparrow, Sacae's Blessing]. You can go Life and Death, but that is 20,000 Feathers for a small increase in Attack and Speed. I do not think it is worth it since she already comes with Swift Sparrow.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, XRay said:

For Arena offense, BH!Lyn should run [Brave Bow, Luna, Swift Sparrow, Sacae's Blessing]. You can go Life and Death, but that is 20,000 Feathers for a small increase in Attack and Speed. I do not think it is worth it since she already comes with Swift Sparrow.

I can second this, Life and Death destorys BLyns ability to tank mages well with her high Res. In this case i would rather go with her default swift sparrow

I have Lightning Breath+ on my Adult Tiki, Fae, Nowi, and Ninian. I want to upgrade one of them but can't decide which of the buffs to take. Attack because they have lowish attack? Increase a high defense/res stat? Balance their defenses? 

What's everyone else doing? How's that going?

1 hour ago, Personette said:

I have Lightning Breath+ on my Adult Tiki, Fae, Nowi, and Ninian. I want to upgrade one of them but can't decide which of the buffs to take. Attack because they have lowish attack? Increase a high defense/res stat? Balance their defenses? 

I run a Dragon Emblem team myself, and I feel like +Spd is the way to go. I generally consider 3 Spd to be way more valuable than 2 Atk, and probably better than 4 Def or Res. My Nowi is sitting at 45 Spd as we speak, and it's really nice how basically no one can double her (especially with Ninian support boosting her to 51 Spd). Although admittedly Adult Tiki is slow enough that you probably shouldn't bother with +Spd on her, and if I were you I'd probably instead run +Res to patch up that weak point. If you aren't interested in running +Spd for Fae, I'd run +Def on her for the exact same reasons (I'm strongly considering that for my own Fae, even). I'd only really recommend +Atk if you have QR on Nowi or something, because otherwise she's in a Spd threshold where every little bit can save her from a lot of doubles.

Do keep in mind this is all subjective and is probably biased by the natures my manaketes happen to have. 

Edited by Ryu Yuki

9 hours ago, XRay said:

Merging or using her for fodder is fine. I would personally merge since BH!Lyn is so good. Along with Reinhardt and Olivia, those three will make Arena a breeze.

So you mean I should merge her into my neutral Lyn? Thanks!

But as you said, I think I'll hold onto her for a while and see if any need to fodder her off shows up :)

2 hours ago, Personette said:

I'm thinking of giving my +DEF -SPD A!Tiki the defense upgrade because it just makes her more tankier, together with the DD seal and Summoner Support. But I'll still wait a bit, I think. I guess +SPD Nowi would profit from the speed buff more? Tough decisions, but I really want to build Dragon Emblem now somehow. Even though I'm not sure how viable my other dragons are. Nowi is +DEF -SPD and Fae +RES -DEF... So I could probably handle Reinhardt and B!Lyn thanks to Ninians buffs. Hmmmmmm.

Question:
I have pulled a Hector that I can safely sacrifice for Distant Counter. It will probably go to my Armor team and I'm currently deciding between Sheena and Amelia.
Both have ironically the same nature (+Def, -Res) and after Weapon refinery both have a Slaying Axe+.
My team doesn't have much trouble against Reinhardt since my Hector has the Deflect Magic seal which makes him tank even +10 one with Hone Cavalry.

Sheena has the advantage of higher Res but sacrifices offensive stats, most notably in Spd. However that can be remedied by using Quick Riposte or Wary Fighter. If I go for her I will sacrifice Amelia for Armor March inheritance.
Amelia in the other hand has higher BST and better offensive stats (+4 Atk, +9 Spd) but I find her Spd not that impressive. It doesn't help to avoid important doubles in the current meta and I feel she has to have Quick Riposte to do something.

Which one would you choose?

Edited by Talandar

5 hours ago, Personette said:

4 hours ago, Ryu Yuki said:

I run a Dragon Emblem team myself, and I feel like +Spd is the way to go. I generally consider 3 Spd to be way more valuable than 2 Atk, and probably better than 4 Def or Res. My Nowi is sitting at 45 Spd as we speak, and it's really nice how basically no one can double her (especially with Ninian support boosting her to 51 Spd). Although admittedly Adult Tiki is slow enough that you probably shouldn't bother with +Spd on her, and if I were you I'd probably instead run +Res to patch up that weak point. If you aren't interested in running +Spd for Fae, I'd run +Def on her for the exact same reasons (I'm strongly considering that for my own Fae, even). I'd only really recommend +Atk if you have QR on Nowi or something, because otherwise she's in a Spd threshold where every little bit can save her from a lot of doubles.

Do keep in mind this is all subjective and is probably biased by the natures my manaketes happen to have. 

It depends entirely on your build and what your units are intending to do.

Triangle Adept users can go +Atk to push out a few more one-hit kills (since killing in a single hit avoids the risks of being hit by most special skills) or a defensive stat to bulk up against specific opponents. For example, both versions of Tiki can use +Res to help tank Julia and Dierdre a bit better, especially since Divine Naga ignores buffs granted by Fortify Dragons. Tiki and Nowi can use +Def to help tank bow users a bit better.

Fury users can push +Atk, +Def, or +Res depending on what they're used for, but +Spd works on some units with a +Spd nature to actually become reasonably fast. I honestly have no experience with Fury.

Running numbers is hard because match-up calculators haven't been updated yet.

18 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Koos you are welcome. Have fun with your Fliers, those guys are my favorite units. 

Hey so question! I pulled Spring Camilla (-HP, +Def) last night and now am rethinking everything. I have yet to fully dedicate a ton of SP to all these flier units, so out of curiosity, what would be the optimal flier team to run if I wanted to use them in Arena? Here are the flying units and IV's that I currently have:

• Spring Camilla (+Def, -HP)
  • Cordelia +1 (+Atk, -Res) fully skilled w/ Brave Lance+, Reposition, Galeforce, DB3, HaR, Goad Fliers
  • Halloween Nowi (+Def, -Spd)
  • Cherche (+Atk, -Spd) w/ Brave Axe+
  • Elincia (+HP, -Def)
  • Summer Corrin (+Res, -Atk)

I was originally floating the idea of running Cordelia, Halloween Nowi, Cherche, and Summer Corrin, but Spring Camilla has now thrown a wrench into my plans. Not sure if it's ideal to have 3 mages, but if I do, I'd definitely give Summer Corrin a Blade and run Spring Camilla with Gronnraven / Triangle Adept.

Any suggestions are appreciated! :)

1 hour ago, Koos said:

Hey so question! I pulled Spring Camilla (-HP, +Def) last night and now am rethinking everything. I have yet to fully dedicate a ton of SP to all these flier units, so out of curiosity, what would be the optimal flier team to run if I wanted to use them in Arena? Here are the flying units and IV's that I currently have:

• Spring Camilla (+Def, -HP)
  • Cordelia +1 (+Atk, -Res) fully skilled w/ Brave Lance+, Reposition, Galeforce, DB3, HaR, Goad Fliers
  • Halloween Nowi (+Def, -Spd)
  • Cherche (+Atk, -Spd) w/ Brave Axe+
  • Elincia (+HP, -Def)
  • Summer Corrin (+Res, -Atk)

I was originally floating the idea of running Cordelia, Halloween Nowi, Cherche, and Summer Corrin, but Spring Camilla has now thrown a wrench into my plans. Not sure if it's ideal to have 3 mages, but if I do, I'd definitely give Summer Corrin a Blade and run Spring Camilla with Gronnraven / Triangle Adept.

Any suggestions are appreciated! :)

Scoring: Assuming you run all of the mages equally with blade+, Moonbow (or draconic aura), Reposition (or draw back) and fill the other slots with level 3 skills and everybody gets an level 3 seal, then the mages score about equal in arena for a <684 base scoreline (advanced difficulty with bonus unit of equal score). 

Elincia (~690) and Cordelia (~698) will reach higher scores, because of their higher BST, Cordelias Galeforce/ +1 merge and Elincias unique weapon. Cherche will reach ~688. Again everybody with assist, special and level 3 skills/seal. 

Here you can check how to calculate your arena score. Unfortunately Fliers (and mages) aren't optimal for high arena scores. I'm bringing Cordelia and Cherche, because they are merged (5* +2 Cordelia and 4* +10 Cherche). 

Composition: If you don't want to bring all three mages into arena, I'd take at least Camilla, because of being a green mage. Nowi got the best C-Skill for the team. All units are strong of their own and even better in a flier emblem. The exact composition can vary every week, because much depends on your bonus unit. 

Edited by mampfoid
Typo

45 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Scoring: Assuming you run all of the mages equally with blade+, Moonbow (or draconic aura), Reposition (or draw back) and fill the other slots with level 3 skills and everybody gets an level 3 seal, then the mages score about equal in arena for a <684 base scoreline (advanced difficulty with bonus unit of equal score). 

Elincia (~690) and Cordelia (~698) will reach higher scores, because of their higher BST, Cordelias Galeforce/ +1 merge and Elincias unique weapon. Cherche will reach ~688. Again everybody with assist, special and level 3 skills/seal. 

Here you can check how to calculate your arena score. Unfortunately Fliers (and mages) aren't optimal for high arena scores. I'm bringing Cordelia and Cherche, because they are merged (5* +2 Cordelia and 4* +10 Cherche). 

Composition: If you don't want to bring all three mages into arena, I'd take at least Camilla, because of being a green mage. Nowi got the best C-Skill for the team. All units are strong of their own and even better in a flier emblem. The exact composition can vary every week, because much depends on your bonus unit. 

Thanks man! Gives me some things to think about. I'll definitely start using this score guide for planning. :)

30 minutes ago, Solunar said:

+spd/-Res Fjorm vs. Neutral Fjorm

Which do you'll think is better? Leaning towards +spd, since she can get pretty fast after merges and a speed seal. 

I'd say [+Spd/-Res].

-Res increases the damage reduced by Ice Mirror when attacked by a tome user, which can help pump out a bit more damage, and +Spd helps keep her from getting double attacked since her Spd is rather mediocre. She loses a bit of sustain this way, though. But staff users just got buffed.

Edited by Ice Dragon
No commas before subordinating conjunctions.

26 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do with a non-flier team +Res/-HP Spring Camilla? I'm looking to try and build a general use Camilla but I have no idea with what to do with her.

She can still run the -raven TA set.  She'll take a bit more damage from arrows, but she should still be able to nuke decently well.  Just stay out of range of Lyn/Cordy with Brave Bows.

You can also attempt a one-shot -blade set (think Nino), thanks to her naturally high base Atk.  Ephraim with some skill inheritance should be able to give her the necessary buffs.

21 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Would Wrathful or Dazzling Gravity be a better option for Elise?

Or something else, but that would require fodder.

If you are in a game mode where Elise can actually kill things without dying, you can go with Wrathful, but Dazzling is better pretty much everywhere else.

So I've pulled 2 more Celica from the legendary heroes banner (both -atk, which makes 3/4 of my celicas -atk rip). Gonna merge them to my +1, +def, -hp, But I want to make sure that +speed, -atk isn't any better than +def, -hp. Considering the Atk+3 seal is available it seems like it might be. A quick check on the calculator (LnD/Moonbow/Atk+3 Seal) puts them at about equal performance, with +spd doing a bit better against fury boosted units. Any thoughts?

51 minutes ago, eclipse said:

She can still run the -raven TA set.  She'll take a bit more damage from arrows, but she should still be able to nuke decently well.  Just stay out of range of Lyn/Cordy with Brave Bows.

You can also attempt a one-shot -blade set (think Nino), thanks to her naturally high base Atk.  Ephraim with some skill inheritance should be able to give her the necessary buffs.

I think the Gronnraven build works well, I did some looking into it and it seems to work quite well, and I think it would fit into most teams fairly easy. Thanks for your input.

More general question here. What does merging a +1 unit into a 0 give, +2 or another +1? I have a 5*+1 Femui with decent IVs, but I have a 3* version with better ones sitting around in the barracks and I was wondering if it was worth the feathers to promote that one to 5*.

4 minutes ago, KMT4ever said:

More general question here. What does merging a +1 unit into a 0 give, +2 or another +1? I have a 5*+1 Femui with decent IVs, but I have a 3* version with better ones sitting around in the barracks and I was wondering if it was worth the feathers to promote that one to 5*.

Merging allies basically gives 2 stats each a +1 boost. The highest 2 stats of a level 1 unit's base stats are chosen for the boost. In case of a tie, the order is HP > Atk > Spd > Def > Res. The wiki has a page explaining this in more detail.