"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

I am working on my dragon team with Young Tiki, Nowi, and Fae. Without access to Ninian and her fortify dragon skill, what is the next best C skill? 

I would go for a Spur Res or Drive Res on Nowi or Fae so Y!Tiki can better tank Divine Naga. Any of the lolis can also run Spur Def or Drive Def to help each other handle bows.

Spoiler
10 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would go for a Spur Res or Drive Res on Nowi or Fae so Y!Tiki can better tank Divine Naga. Any of the lolis can also run Spur Def or Drive Def to help each other handle bows.

I do have those skills in sufficient amounts. What I noticed on the 680-690 arena range, is that now people are putting water sweep on their units to counter dragons. I suppose that if the damage is zero, that should not be a problem. 

Just now, Rezanator said:
  Hide contents

I do have those skills in sufficient amounts. What I noticed on the 680-690 arena range, is that now people are putting water sweep on their units to counter dragons. I suppose that if the damage is zero, that should not be a problem. 

I would keep track of which threat utilize Watersweep the most, and put Phantom Speed on the corresponding dragon to counter that threat. So for example, if you have trouble with Watersweep-Phantom Speed Reinhardt more, I would put Phantom Speed on Fae and maybe have Nowi run Spur Res on her Sacred Seal slot and Spur Res/Dirve Res on her C slot to support both Y!Tiki and Fae.

Just got a +atk/-spd siegbert. How usable is that? (note that he is my second 5* cavalry unit, after reinhardt.) I am F2P, and already used up all of my orbs on this banner, so this is the only siegbert I am likely to get. Note that I only have 4* units for inheritable skills, plus a copy of swift sparrow 2 (on a katarina with a bad nature)

Edited by sirmola

whats the fastest way to cap Summoner Support? My guess is chain challenge, since a map has a cap of 5 kills counted towards the bond (As in the Warrior maps wont give more then 5 kill count if you enter it, even tough it has like 20+ enemys)

1 hour ago, sirmola said:

Just got a +atk/-spd siegbert. How usable is that? (note that he is my second 5* cavalry unit, after reinhardt.) I am F2P, and already used up all of my orbs on this banner, so this is the only siegbert I am likely to get. Note that I only have 4* units for inheritable skills, plus a copy of swift sparrow 2 (on a katarina with a bad nature)

Siegbert is a strong unit and you should use him if you don't have other strong melee Cavs. You could give Reinhardt Hone Cav, both would profit a lot from each other (Siegbert can keep it native C skill, if you run max 2 Cavs in your team). Hone Cav is given by 4* Gunter, you should have gotten 2 copies from the daily hero battle rotation. If not, he will be found today in the special maps! 

Swift Sparrow is great for him and would fix his SPD bane for sure. It would make him slightly better than a neutral Siegbert. But try to run him first with Hone Cav on your team, since Swift Sparrow is a rare skill, perhaps you want to built a blade tome mage later that wants it. 

Edit: @Hilda according to the wiki, the supported unit does not need to do any kills himself. It's only important to complete as many level 35+ maps as possible. Therefore the normal chain challenges with 10 maps should be perfect. But also the current developer maps are good (5 stamina per normal map), if you don't want to do so many in a row. 

Edited by mampfoid

So I’ve finally gotten around to training my Matthew but I’m unsure as to how to build him

ECC8EF76-B308-4B94-B57D-951A5C8E65CB.thumb.jpeg.476a1b6d8dc852cebe35e61ed2fec3b7.jpeg

He’s atk+ hp- and you can probably tell what his skills are just by looking at the icons but just in case:

• Rouge dagger + (spd)
  • Reciprocal aid
  • Bonfire
  • Death blow 3
  • Poison strike 3
  • Hone spd 3

one thing I’m interested in doing is giving him close counter but I’m not too sure how well he’ll do with it (I’ll probably give it to him regardless)

Edited by NegativeExponents-
Added bonfire to description

Warrior maps finally giving me opportunity to digging through 5*s and had a question about which is the better Roy. Roy #1 is +HP/-def, #2 is +Attack/-Def

I don't plan to really use Roy for real (I have a thousand other swords to choose), but it'd be nice ot have the less-bad Roy on hand for the oddball map or the assaults or w/e with his default kit (and a special probably).

No plans to merge, I'll likely throw the other Roy to someone for TA3

12 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

So I’ve finally gotten around to training my Matthew but I’m unsure as to how to build him

ECC8EF76-B308-4B94-B57D-951A5C8E65CB.thumb.jpeg.476a1b6d8dc852cebe35e61ed2fec3b7.jpeg

He’s atk+ hp- and you can probably tell what his skills are just by looking at the icons but just in case:

• Rouge dagger + (spd)
  • Reciprocal aid
  • Bonfire
  • Death blow 3
  • Poison strike 3
  • Hone spd 3

one thing I’m interested in doing is giving him close counter but I’m not too sure how well he’ll do with it (I’ll probably give it to him regardless)

@Vaximillian I'm honored to be called as such.

Anyways I'm no expert, but I'm going to give my opinion on this Matt here. First grats on +ATK/-HP, definitely his best nature. What you should give him depends on what exactly you want him to do. You want him to tank? to soften enemies up for other units? or to kill units himself?

I don't really think Death Blow is a good fit for him. His attack is underwhelming to start with and even with a refinement, his Speed is questionable and even against more squishy opponents he can't one shot them without doubling which at 36 SPD, he's not doing very often. Summoner support definitely helps but if killing with Matt specifically is your goal, the combination of Death Blow and Poison Strike isn't one I'd personally go for. 

Close Counter is 100% worth it. Unless there's a unit you like more that wants it give it to Matt. Personally with his bulk I think that's his best A skill. It kinda depends on what you're trying to get out of him though. You want to prop up his attack it seems like so I'll give suggestions there as well.

If you want to run Death Blow 3 (Swift Sparrow would be better, but obviously it's rare) for killing purposes then I would pick a breaker of sorts to help doubling whoever you want to kill. If softening is the name of your game then keep the Poison Strike and give him Savage Blow 3 and Savage Blow seal and he can be a serious nuisance. If you're trying to flat out kill things I suggest a build like the one I employed.

Spoiler

q7tXraG.png

Rogue Dagger+ buffing Matt and debuffing enemies defenses shouldn't be taken lightly. ATK and SPD sealing skills on top of defense buffs is a big deal, especially when your base defenses are pretty good to begin with. In a nutshell this build is less about softening enemies and more about Matt debuffing and tanking the enemy units himself. Taking anywhere between 0-20 damage depending on his opponent and their debuffs. Debuffing your opponents' offenses also ensures that your team can wipe them clean out without even needing a health chipping skill.

For other options with Close Counter concerning B-Skills, QR3 is an option because without a Hone/Support/Threaten skill to pop up his speed he'll only be doubling a certain number of units. Renewal is always an option, and of course he can run Wind/Watersweep with the Phantom SPD seal with either the ATK Smoke Seal or the Savage Blow seal to cripple and annoy units while still countering them on EP thanks to Close Counter.

Lastly for seals, again it depends on what you want his role to be. You seem like you want him to do damage so ATK+3 is a good option. ATK Smoke and Savage Blow is good for tanking and criplling, Phantom SPD is for sweep builds. Distant DEF 3 will help him against his biggest problem: mages. Close DEF essentially is a built in ATK Smoke for just him against 1 range units. I've seen a Matt or two with Quickened Pulse, but I don't think it's worth it.

Edited by Zeo

17 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@Vaximillian I'm honored to be called as such.

Anyways I'm no expert, but I'm going to give my opinion on this Matt here. First grats on +ATK/-HP, definitely his best nature. What you should give him depends on what exactly you want him to do. You want him to tank? to soften enemies up for other units? or to kill units himself?

I don't really think Death Blow is a good fit for him. His attack is underwhelming to start with and even with a refinement, his Speed is questionable and even against more squishy opponents he can't one shot them without doubling which at 36 ATK, he's not doing. Summoner support definitely helps but if killing is your goal, the combination of Death Blow and Poison strike isn't one I'd personally go for. 

Close Counter is 100% worth it. Unless there's a unit you like more that wants it give it to Matt. Personally with his bulk I think that's his best A skill. It kinda depends on what you're trying to get out of him though. You want to prop up his attack it seems like so I'll give suggestions there as well.

If you want to run Death Blow 3 (Swift Sparrow would be better, but obviously it's rare) for killing purposes then I would pick a breaker of sorts to help doubling whoever you want to kill. If softening is the name of your game then keep the Poison Strike and give him Savage Blow 3 and Savage Blow seal and he can be a serious nuisance. If you're trying to flat out kill things I suggest a build like the one I employed.

Hide contents

q7tXraG.png

Rogue Dagger+ buffing Matt and debuffing enemies defenses shouldn't be taken lightly. ATK and SPD sealing skills on top of defense buffs is a big deal, especially when your base defenses are pretty good to begin with. In a nutshell this build is less about softening enemies and more about Matt debuffing and tanking the enemy units himself. Taking anywhere between 0-20 damage depending on his opponent and their debuffs. Debuffing your opponents' offenses also ensures that your team can wipe them clean out without even needing a health chipping skill.

For other options with Close Counter concerning B-Skills, QR3 is an option because without a Hone/Support/Threaten skill to pop up his speed he'll only be doubling a certain number of units. Renewal is always an option, and of course he can run Wind/Watersweep with the Phantom SPD seal with either the ATK Smoke Seal or the Savage Blow seal to cripple and annoy units while still countering them on EP thanks to Close Counter.

Thank you, you’re advice definitely helps.

i agree on Death Blow not being the best on him it was just something I did on impulse however I have gotten some use from that extra fire power. On the subject of blow skills, I figure that sturdy or steady blow would be better suited on someone like Matthew (although both are also rare)

That build you showed me is very similar to the one I have on my Leon which makes sense because they’re both tanks.

Spoiler

5D89B528-851D-4685-8418-1EB00ABAC4AF.thumb.jpeg.49bf132929d15e4faf792e81a2a53dc6.jpeg

He already has QR2 (sadly not 3) so I think I’ll try and make something out of that and see how that goes. Wind/Watersweep sounds like a fun thing to mess with but I currently don’t have those available.

5 hours ago, r_n said:

Warrior maps finally giving me opportunity to digging through 5*s and had a question about which is the better Roy. Roy #1 is +HP/-def, #2 is +Attack/-Def

I don't plan to really use Roy for real (I have a thousand other swords to choose), but it'd be nice ot have the less-bad Roy on hand for the oddball map or the assaults or w/e with his default kit (and a special probably).

No plans to merge, I'll likely throw the other Roy to someone for TA3

Yeah, Roy's just not that good. Mine sometimes sees some sunlight in Arena Assault, since he can function as a good check against slow greens, but that's about it. I'd keep the +Atk one and use the other for TA fodder. I'm hoping that they'll eventually let us forge his weapon into something better.

18 hours ago, Hilda said:

whats the fastest way to cap Summoner Support? My guess is chain challenge, since a map has a cap of 5 kills counted towards the bond (As in the Warrior maps wont give more then 5 kill count if you enter it, even tough it has like 20+ enemys)

My understanding of the support system is that it is based off of the number of maps completed where the unit was fielded and battled a Lvl. 35+ enemy, which means it has nothing to do with a kill count. So, yes, doing Chain Challenges would be the quickest way to grind supports, since you need to complete a bunch of maps. It takes 80 maps to fully grind the Summoner Support, according to Gamepress.

Bit of a personal conflict... I've wanted Hinoka for a long time, one because I wanted her and two because Home Fliers is 5* exclusive for some stupid reason... And I did get her the other day... Just one of her though. +def -spd.

Now I could try to make it work... Or I can grind her into Hone Fliers for my Flier team (Nowi HF, Elincia, Catria FF, and Cherche GF, only Elincia has no Flier Emblem skill). I'm conflicted right now, so... Is there anything I could do to make this Hinoka worth it?

Edited by Xenomata

40 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Bit of a personal conflict... I've wanted Hinoka for a long time, one because I wanted her and two because Home Fliers is 5* exclusive for some stupid reason... And I did get her the other day... Just one of her though. +def -spd.

Now I could try to make it work... Or I can grind her into Hone Fliers for my Flier team (Nowi HF, Elincia, Catria FF, and Cherche GF, only Elincia has no Flier Emblem skill). I'm conflicted right now, so... Is there anything I could do to make this Hinoka worth it?

Just think of her as blue Cherche. She might not be amazing like other Hinokas, but she is still usable with her decent Attack. If you are only using her for Arena Assault, she is perfectly fine with minimal investment; Luna/Bonfire, Attack +3/Fury 3, and Swordbreaker 2 should be enough for her to shutdown any sword unit she comes across. TOD!Nowi's Hone Flier buff will make sure she can take down most red units in one turn, except Henry, A!Tiki, and Y!Tiki merged to +10 with +Def and Fury (there is also Arden but he cannot be merged to +10 yet).

Edited by XRay

I reckon Hinoka with Hone and Elincia with Fortify would work better in terms of team synergy than Elincia with Hone and Catria with Fortify. Assuming you're running Blade Nowi of course. Catria's the tankiest one in the bunch so the current setup is a bit contradictory.

But yeah, I can't bring myself to sack my Def/HP Hinoka despite having both a +Atk and +Spd Cordelia, either of whom would be a superior one-for-one replacement in my Flier Emblem team. But it's not a big deal because she does well enough, plus half the time she never engages in combat anyway, and is just a buffbot for Blade Corrin.

33 minutes ago, XRay said:

Just think of her as blue Cherche. She might not be amazing like other Hinokas, but she is still usable with her decent Attack. If you are only using her for Arena Assault, she is perfectly fine with minimal investment; Luna/Bonfire, Attack +3/Fury 3, and Swordbreaker 2 should be enough for her to shutdown any sword unit she comes across. TOD!Nowi's Hone Flier buff will make sure she can take down most red units in one turn, except Henry, A!Tiki, and Y!Tiki merged to +10 with +Def and Fury (there is also Arden but he cannot be merged to +10 yet).

Huh... Now that I look again, Fury 3 +def Hinoka is actually decently bulky on both ends...

Well, probably not enough to warrant building her with bulk in mind. Well, that's something to think about, thanks.

@Humanoid the reason Catria has Fortify is because she is running LnD3 Firesweep, so any defensive buffs are wasted completely (unless we're talking if I leave her in range to trigger WoM3 on a non-flier based team or I drop Elincia or Cherche for a Dancer).

IMO it's her best kit.

Edited by Xenomata

I guess that makes the question almost purely sentimental then. You wouldn't ideally run Catria and Hinoka in the same team so you'd want the Hone on someone else to make sure Nowi always receives full buffs. This is assuming you want just the one optimised Flier team of course. I like having two teams for the hell of it, so there's Elincia/Hinoka/SCorrin/Michalis, then Palla/Cordelia/SCamilla/Cherche. Two braves, one tank, one mage in each.

So, having failed to get Winter Robin and ending up with Chrom instead, my armour team is looking decidedly unbalanced, with the only available units being Arden, BK, Hector, Amelia and Santa. Probably time to bite the bullet and promote my +Res -Spd Effie. Not optimal but I've only seen three Effies since launch so waiting is probably going to be a fruitless endeavour.

In general I'm loathe to make big investments in any kind of unit, but I did end up with a spare neutral Hector out of the Legendary Heroes banner (identical to my built Hector). So I could inherit Distant Counter and Goad Armor, keep the Silver Lance, and maaaybe take QR since I need to get Swap anyway. Alternatively I guess I'd go the usual Brave build, keeping Death Blow. I wouldn't sacrifice two 5-stars for her, too expensive and the skills wouldn't synergise anyway.

Points in favour of DC build are that it matches up well with her IVs. Downside is that in BK and Hector, it'd just add a third unit that fulfils roughly the same role in the same team (as I'd be dropping Arden out almost certainly).

Brave Effie is more a direct replacement for Arden in the team role-wise, but with a more favourable colour. Downside of course is that I'd need to spend 40k feathers in total, for Effie + Donnel, and it'd suck if a +atk Effie turned up later.

Thoughts?

Edited by Humanoid