"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

What would be good skill sets for +Def/-HP NY Camilla and +Spd/-Res NY Azura? I've been thinking about making Camilla into a more tanky flier since she easily has the most Def of all my sword fliers, with 34, but I'm not sure what weapon to give her, whether to give her a Def or Spd refine, or any other skills that she might want. I have Azura using TA3/WoM3 right now, but I'm wondering if she would be better with anything else instead.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is a better use of resources: to 5* an Abel so I can give his brave lance + to 40+1 Peri who already has a brave lance (36/46/29/19/26)? Or just keep Abel and have another 5* brave lance user?

At the moment Peri takes care of anything that is red and getting some bruises while she is at it. 

13 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

What is a better use of resources: to 5* an Abel so I can give his brave lance + to 40+1 Peri who already has a brave lance (36/46/29/19/26)? Or just keep Abel and have another 5* brave lance user?

At the moment Peri takes care of anything that is red and getting some bruises while she is at it. 

Abel is the only 4* source for level 3 swordbreaker, I wouldn't sacrifice him for Brave Lance. 

You could give Peri Galeforce, TA 3 and Brave+ from one 5* Cordelia (one 4* Virion and a 4* Selena needed), or you could give Peri Brave+ and Drag Back from a 5* Donnell. All those skills are valuable on Peri. 

Spoiler
6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Abel is the only 4* source for level 3 swordbreaker, I wouldn't sacrifice him for Brave Lance. 

You could give Peri Galeforce, TA 3 and Brave+ from one 5* Cordelia (one 4* Virion and a 4* Selena needed), or you could give Peri Brave+ and Drag Back from a 5* Donnell. All those skills are valuable on Peri. 

I keep forgetting about Donnell. I do have all of the ingredients for a Galeforce Peri. I am going to take a look at it.

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

What would be good skill sets for +Def/-HP NY Camilla and +Spd/-Res NY Azura? I've been thinking about making Camilla into a more tanky flier since she easily has the most Def of all my sword fliers, with 34, but I'm not sure what weapon to give her, whether to give her a Def or Spd refine, or any other skills that she might want. I have Azura using TA3/WoM3 right now, but I'm wondering if she would be better with anything else instead.

It depends on their teammates and what you want them to do. I am going to assume a they will be in a flier team.

For HNY!Camilla, she can run a general Enemy Phase build with her default Kadomatsu, Moonbow, Fury/Close Def, and Quick Riposte. Keeping Kadomatsu allows her to better buff her flier allies. You can also go Ruby Sword-Close Def or Slaying Edge-Bonfire-Triangle Adept if you only need her to shut down green units. If you are worried about Bonfire-Vantage Hector or Bold Fighter green armor units, then Armorsmasher-Close Def/Triangle Adept is also an option.

For HNY!Azura, combat is not her forte, but she does have a nature that leans Player Phase combat. For a purely support build, your current build is fine. For an offensive build, I would wait for Firesweep Axe to be released and give her a Firesweep build so she can safely poke at enemies. If you want something more offensive, Slaying Axe is also an option but that suits +Atk natures more in my opinion.

Edited by XRay

29 minutes ago, XRay said:

It depends on their teammates and what you want them to do. I am going to assume a they will be in a flier team.

For HNY!Camilla, she can run a general Enemy Phase build with her default Kadomatsu, Moonbow, Fury/Close Def, and Quick Riposte. Keeping Kadomatsu allows her to better buff her flier allies. You can also go Ruby Sword-Close Def or Slaying Edge-Bonfire-Triangle Adept if you only need her to shut down green units. If you are worried about Bonfire-Vantage Hector or Bold Fighter green armor units, then Armorsmasher-Close Def/Triangle Adept is also an option.

For HNY!Azura, combat is not her forte, but she does have a nature that leans Player Phase combat. For a purely support build, your current build is fine. For an offensive build, I would wait for Firesweep Axe to be released and give her a Firesweep build so she can safely poke at enemies. If you want something more offensive, Slaying Axe is also an option but that suits +Atk natures more in my opinion.

They will almost definitely see most of their use in Flier Emblem, although NY Azura will probably see more general use than NY Camilla, since she's now my only dancer without max HM.

I like the idea of Close Defense on Camilla, actually; I just realized that she has 1 less Def than my +Def Summer Tiki (I guess 3 less when Tiki's at full HP), who works great as a tank with Close Def 3, so giving them similar builds sounds nice. Although, now that Iote's Shield is a Seal, do you think it may be more worthwhile to give her Steady Stance with that Seal? Or would simply buffing her melee Def further with Def+3 or Close Def 3 Seal be better, in your opinion?

Cool, I'll just keep the skills I already have on Azura for now, and maybe give her Firesweep once it's actually available. 

Trying to figure out what to do with my two Azura's from 1 session.

+ATK/-SPD
+HP/-DEF

I am pretty certain the +HP one is the better of the two, though if one thought 35SPD was enough then a +SPD weapon might be enough. The next question of course is whether merging or saving for Hone Flier fodder(the mere though of doing this to a seasonal makes me cringe) would be better.  1 extra HP and speed doesn't seem like much, but when I ticked up the merge count on the simulator it did appear to make a difference.

5 hours ago, Usana said:

+ATK/-SPD
+HP/-DEF

I am pretty certain the +HP one is the better of the two, though if one thought 35SPD was enough then a +SPD weapon might be enough. The next question of course is whether merging or saving for Hone Flier fodder(the mere though of doing this to a seasonal makes me cringe) would be better.  1 extra HP and speed doesn't seem like much, but when I ticked up the merge count on the simulator it did appear to make a difference.

I lean towards [+HP, -Def] as well. You can run Gem Weapons or Triangle Adept to help her tank blue mages, or Fury for better survival in general.

Edited by XRay

On 1/6/2018 at 3:34 PM, DefaultBeep said:

22 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

They will almost definitely see most of their use in Flier Emblem, although NY Azura will probably see more general use than NY Camilla, since she's now my only dancer without max HM.

I like the idea of Close Defense on Camilla, actually; I just realized that she has 1 less Def than my +Def Summer Tiki (I guess 3 less when Tiki's at full HP), who works great as a tank with Close Def 3, so giving them similar builds sounds nice. Although, now that Iote's Shield is a Seal, do you think it may be more worthwhile to give her Steady Stance with that Seal? Or would simply buffing her melee Def further with Def+3 or Close Def 3 Seal be better, in your opinion?

Cool, I'll just keep the skills I already have on Azura for now, and maybe give her Firesweep once it's actually available. 

In addition to XRay's suggestions, I rather like NY Camilla's native skill set on her. Spd/Def Bond is a strong option for her A-passive, and it gives her a bit more flexibility for what to run on her B-passive. With it active, she'll have 39 Def & 40 Spd, and, adding a Hone Flier boost from Azura (or someone else), she'll have 46 Spd, so there's little need for either QR or a Spd refine on her weapon. A Def refine would be the best for this build, and I'd consider Vantage or Renewal to be strong choices for her B-passive. (A Def refine is also better for Close Def + QR.)

So, for the A-passive, I'd consider Spd/Def Bond and Close Def to be two of her best options, and I would run them over Steady Stance. Steady Stance only gives 1 more Def than Spd/Def Bond (although with admittedly less constraints on positioning). Close Def is great because it patches up her shoddy Res stat, allowing her to fare better against the Tikis and Fae, who are especially strong in the current meta. I'd save the Steady Stance fodder for someone who has DC on their weapon (such as the manaketes).

Iote's Shield is a good seal for her, especially if you don't have her spring counterpart running a Gronnraven+TA build on the same team to take on the bows.

11 hours ago, Usana said:

+ATK/-SPD
+HP/-DEF

I'm inclined towards +HP/-Def as well. As for what to do with the other, I say she should be fodder. Azura shouldn't be fighting a lot of battles herself, since her primary function is as a support unit, so picking up a few extra matchups is likely to be less useful than normal. Meanwhile, Hone Fliers is a rare and quite valuable skill. Merging them would only likely be worth it if you already had a sufficient number of fliers running Hone Fliers already, and Azura was picking up some quality matchups. Or else you're a huge fan of Azura, in which case I'd consider that to trump most other considerations.

Edited by Astellius

On 7/1/2018 at 4:04 AM, Usana said:

+ATK/-SPD
+HP/-DEF

While the +Hp/-Def is better in terms of support I can say that +Atk/-Spd does extremely well at the cost of sacrificing her S-slot for Speed+3

Spoiler

This Azura is +Atk/-Spd and as you can see she's able to reach 47 Spd with Flier buffs (or 45 with Hone Spd) while keeping her bulk intact, with a Fortify Fliers buff she's able to have 31/35 Def/Res and thanks to her 41 Spd she'll be able to survive a hit from almost anything and as you can see she's able to carry her own while fighting so that's nice. Of course the downside is that this variant requires a lot of resources but the end result is pretty nice. 

Then again I'm biased towards having units capable of carrying their own weight in battle, if that's not as big of a deal to you then using the +Hp/-Def with a TA set will be better.

Edited by Alexmender

On 1/5/2018 at 9:39 PM, Humanoid said:

I gave my one and only spare DC to Effie, though she's +Res/-Spd. The added perk there is that you can also pass Goad Armor at the same time, so it's the best choice in terms of maximising inheritance value. I did strongly consider Titania though because there's an obvious gap in the FEH lineup there.

Consider the native DC units available. We have Ike, Ryoma, Xander, BK covering red. Fjorm and Camus for blue. Hector and Dorcas for green. So fliers aside, Blue Armour and Green Cavalry make sense in terms of coverage.

However that doesn't really consider the relative def vs res values, of which only Fjorm has any res worth mentioning. So what are the options for a mage counter DC? Well, Fjorm existing works against poor Mathilda (and Jagen, along with most Pegasi). Red has Caeda, Eliwood (not really suited to enemy phase), Fir, Lloyd? Green has Titania, Hawkeye and uhh, Camilla with a switched out weapon?

I'm waffling a bit but you can hopefully tell why it came down to Effie vs Titania based on the above factors for me.

Fir is a great option, but she can't deal with Reinhardt. Effie is good but she loses Death Blow and I don't really use armors much. I am leaning towards Titania because you can never have enough greens. But in the end I'm going to wait and see what the new heroes banner is. If Dawn Bridage is a thing and Nolan is one of the units, he'll likely have good RES as he did in Radiant Dawn and Distant Counter will likely be a good A slot skill for him, so I'll hold out for a unit I like and will potentially get.

Edited by Zeo

13 hours ago, Alexmender said:

While the +Hp/-Def is better in terms of support I can say that +Atk/-Spd does extremely well at the cost of sacrificing her S-slot for Speed+3

Reveal hidden contents

fix.thumb.jpg.4b5e191b85a6267c453aca3f50eb37f7.jpg

This Azura is +Atk/-Spd and as you can see she's able to reach 47 Spd with Flier buffs (or 45 with Hone Spd) while keeping her bulk intact, with a Fortify Fliers buff she's able to have 31/35 Def/Res and thanks to her 41 Spd she'll be able to survive a hit from almost anything and as you can see she's able to carry her own while fighting so that's nice. Of course the downside is that this variant requires a lot of resources but the end result is pretty nice. 

Then again I'm biased towards having units capable of carrying their own weight in battle, if that's not as big of a deal to you then using the +Hp/-Def with a TA set will be better.

It's a matter of pragmatism. Personally speaking, I don't particularly care to gear Refreshers for combat since I use them for, well, refreshing.

Which nature is best comes down to how often do you anticipate on having her hit things. You already said you like units being able to carry their own weight, so you've obviously got combat on your mind. In that case, stick with the +Atk nature, especially considering you've already put +Spd!Slaying Axe, Luna, and Fury on her. Sunken-cost and what-not.

18 hours ago, Astellius said:

I'm inclined towards +HP/-Def as well. As for what to do with the other, I say she should be fodder. Azura shouldn't be fighting a lot of battles herself, since her primary function is as a support unit, so picking up a few extra matchups is likely to be less useful than normal. Meanwhile, Hone Fliers is a rare and quite valuable skill. Merging them would only likely be worth it if you already had a sufficient number of fliers running Hone Fliers already, and Azura was picking up some quality matchups. Or else you're a huge fan of Azura, in which case I'd consider that to trump most other considerations.

I have one other source of Hone Fliers in the form of a Lolicopter. Most of the time my Flyer teams have one or the other which usually suffices me for hone needs. That and I am not a huge honer in general. I tend to prefer goads. Plus I would probably just end up sitting on her afraid to burn her, lest I want her for something else later. But yeah, Hone Fliers is definitely rare and valuable which is why I keep waffling back and forth on that decision.

Like @Alexmender I do like my dancers to be able to fight if need be. However, 33/32 offense just sounds poorer to me than 30/35. But I do have a need for speed.

As for the matchup difference with merge. It does depend on what list is loaded/etc. Sometimes it nets a kill on a Horse Lyn or a Nino, depending on merges and skills. SPD refinement and Speed seal puts her at 41. The merge puts her at 42. And apparently that is notable for some lists if you run swift sparrow(I actually have more swift sparrow fodder than fury fodder at the moment). Also there are 1 HP survivals that pop up, but you probably should not be charging face first into the Black Knight with her. Just a suggestion, though she can apparently win according to some lists, if you give her the Slaying Hammer and she has that merge for 1 more HP. Speaking of, I am thinking of giving her the Slaying Hammer. I really dislike TA and Gem weapons. I tend to see them as crippling overspecialization and only rarely use them. Doesn't seem to make a huge difference in her blue matchups according to the various lists(though I am assuming lancebreaker. No axebreaker fodder and I find the dancer b skills a bit underwhelming much of the time).

I am never quite sure what lists to use on those simulators. Andy's Mass Simulator comes with 2 built in(Sundere's List and the 700-710 Tally list). Is there a solid meta list out there somewhere? There are two I have seen that aren't built in: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/204447-fire-emblem-heroes/76142130 and https://fireemblemheroesforum.com/threads/mass-combat-simulator-meta-import-list.881/ . Not quite sure if there are better ones out there.

@Phillius the Crestfallen That is kinda what happens to my dancers. I try to plan a full build for them, but a lot of times they just end up with their base kit. The only skill they need is dance/sing after all. And maybe a good hone/spur/drive/etc. Maybe Wings of Mercy if I have any such fodder.

Edited by Usana

Ice Dragon is indecisive about other things now.

I have 225 gold rocks and have run out of things to spend them on. I've so far done these refines (gold leaves in parentheses):

• Mystery Tiki: Lightning Breath+ [Def] (+50)
  • Awakening Tiki: Lightning Breath+ [Def] (+50)
  • Nowi: Lightning Breath+ [Def] (+50)
  • Ninian: Lightning Breath+ [Spd] (+50)
  • Fae: Lightning Breath+ [Def] (+50)
  • Elise: Gravity+ [Dazzling Staff] (+50)
  • Eldigan: Mystletainn [unique] (-200)

Upgrades to Slaying weapons aren't a priority for me (I'm willing to wait for them to be available from 4-star pullable characters), and most of my fully built units are running weapons that cannot be refined with rocks (unique, Litrblade, Litrraven, Brave, Firesweep).

What do I do now? Build female Corrin? Clarine? Priscilla? Bride Lyn? Guard Bow Faye? Guard Bow Gordin? Slaying Axe Raven? Res refines on all of my dragons? Distant Counter Berkut?

EDIT: Actually, now that I think of it, I can hold off on Guard Bow as well. No need to rush on something that probably can be done without rocks later.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ice Dragon is indecisive about other things now.

I have 225 gold rocks and have run out of things to spend them on. I've so far done these refines (gold leaves in parentheses):

• Mystery Tiki: Lightning Breath+ [Def] (+50)
  • Awakening Tiki: Lightning Breath+ [Def] (+50)
  • Nowi: Lightning Breath+ [Def] (+50)
  • Ninian: Lightning Breath+ [Spd] (+50)
  • Fae: Lightning Breath+ [Def] (+50)
  • Elise: Gravity+ [Dazzling Staff] (+50)
  • Eldigan: Mystletainn [unique] (-200)

Upgrades to Slaying weapons aren't a priority for me (I'm willing to wait for them to be available from 4-star pullable characters), and most of my fully built units are running weapons that cannot be refined with rocks (unique, Litrblade, Litrraven, Brave, Firesweep).

What do I do now? Build female Corrin? Clarine? Priscilla? Bride Lyn? Guard Bow Faye? Guard Bow Gordin? Slaying Axe Raven? Res refines on all of my dragons? Distant Counter Berkut?

EDIT: Actually, now that I think of it, I can hold off on Guard Bow as well. No need to rush on something that probably can be done without rocks later.

Did you consider to run refined Lightning Breath+ (and perhaps DC) on a dragon? The field buff could make up a little for the missing Hone Dragons. This could be an option for an offensive +SPD Corrin. Without an A-Slot skill she would reach 49 SPD buffed by herself. 

By Slaying weapons you mean anti-armor or the upgraded Killer weapons? Armor Smasher sounds good, but the additional nullifying effect costs leaves. 

I saw you are running flying Azura in your Defense team, I will give my +SPD copy a +SPD refinement as soon as she got enough SP. Too bad the Hauteclere Upgrade costs leaves, it was my first bigger Upgrade giving Minerva the +SPD bonus. 

Edited by mampfoid

@Ice Dragon If your goal is just to convert stones to dews, then I'd just do the other possible refines on each of your units weps.

I'm kinda doubtful that Slaying weapons will ever be given to 4* units anytime soon (or that any units who have slayings at 5* will be demoted), so I'd also take another look through and see just who would want a Slaying weapon. Maybe also look to see if anyone could run an Armor-slaying weapon or Wolf tome.

Now to ask my own question, which is 22k feathers and who to spend it on...

Spoiler

22k feathers means I can also promote a 3* to 5* without sending home units.

Promote for the unit. Assume that all units have their default skills already if not listed:

Spoiler

Marth (+Spd -HP) To replace my current Neutral Marth. Has not been built up yet.

Chrom (+Atk -Res) intended for Brave Sword+ set. Not built yet.

Olivia (+Spd -HP) Still needs Fury 3 and Ruby Sword+. Has Wings of Mercy 3 and Moonbow.

Hana (+Spd -HP) Brave Sword+ intended. Still needs Brave Sword+, Desperation, C skill, Positioning skill (currently has Reciprocal Aid), and Escutcheon

Lazlow (+Atk -Res) Brave Sword+ intended. Still needs Brave Sword+, B skill, C skill, Assist, and Special

Clive: needs Distant Counter, C skill, Assist, and Special. Has Quick Riposte 3, Sapphire Lance+, and Swap.

Berkut: no idea. Has Moonbow.

Tailtiu (+Spd -HP) no inheritance

Male Robin (+Spd -HP) no inheritance

Ursula: no inheritance or build idea

Sheena (+Def -Spd) no inheritance (Vengeful Fighter is not an option).

Titania (+Res -HP) no inheritance

Narcian: no inheritance

Clarissa: no inheritance

Klein (+Atk -HP) no inheritance

Rebecca (+Spd -Res) no inheritance, would replace my +Def -Res Rebecca.

Kagero (+Spd -Res) no inheritance

Selena (+Spd -HP) would replace my +HP -Spd. no inheritance. Starting from 3*

Felicia (+Atk -Def) no inheritance, starting from 3* (Kitty Paddle and Seashell are not options.) I do have the following set in mind...

Spoiler
  • Kagami Mochi+ (+Spd refined)
  • Assist
  • Iceberg/Glacies
  • Fury 3
  • Bowbreaker 3 / Cancel Affinity 3
  • C skill
  • Distant Defense 3
  • stats at +0 merge: 34/41/42/18/38

Iceberg has 2 cooldown with Kagami Mochi, so if Felicia can double her opponent on the counterattack, she will trigger a 22 power Iceberg on her follow-up counterattack (if my assumption that Specials are affected by Close/Distant Defense). Even if it doesn't kill, the enemy is not only weakened but Felicia also has Iceberg charged up. Alternatively, charge up 3 cooldown Glacies, let the enemy be weakened, and let Felicia do her thing to a different enemy.

Her W-L-D ratio on Enemy Phase, and also only counting the 70 ranged units available in the game right now, is 44-1-25. With +10 override, this becomes 14-3-53

Azama (+Def -Atk) no inheritance, starting from 3*

Lloyd: no inheritance.

Female Robin: no inheritance. Starting from 3*

Promote for Skill Inheritance:

Spoiler

Life and Death 3 (Hana)

Ruby Sword+ (Stahl)

Raudhrblade+ (Henry)

Quick Riposte 3 (Subaki)

Blarblade+ (Odin)

Gronnraven+ (Cecilia)

Brave Bow+ (Gordin)

Assassin Bow+ (Refined into Guard Bow+) (Setsuna)

I will be trying to build my units this weekend, taking advantage of Warriors maps before they expire.

Edited by Xenomata

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Did you consider to run refined Lightning Breath+ (and perhaps DC) on a dragon? The field buff could make up a little for the missing Hone Dragons. This could be an option for an offensive +SPD Corrin. She would reach 49 SPD buffed by herself. 

Distant Counter costs Triangle Adept or Steady Breath (either of which Corrin really wants).

Light Breath's main problem is that the buff activates after the first round of combat, which means it isn't there for the first round in a turn, and the buffs expire at the start of player phase, meaning you can't carry over buffs gained from the previous enemy phase to increase your player phase effectiveness. Enemy phase teams also rarely need to fight more than one round of combat per turn since you can typically force the opponent to waste three of their actions on Rally skills once you get into the score range where everything runs dual Rallies.

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

By Slaying weapons you mean anti-armor or the upgraded Killer weapons? Armor Smasher sounds good, but the additional nullifying effect costs leaves. 

The upgraded Killer series. I use "armor-effective weapons" to refer to the armor-effective weapons. Armorsmasher's refines use rocks, not leaves.

I'm basically not intending to use the refinery to upgrade weapons to their stronger forms under the assumption that we will eventually have new units that will provide those weapons (like how Rhajat has Keen Gronnwolf) and that we will eventually see 4-star pullable characters with them.

14 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I saw you are running flying Azura in your Defense team, I will give my +SPD copy a +SPD refinement as soon as she got enough SP. Too bad the Hauteclere Upgrade costs leaves, it was my first bigger Upgrade giving Minerva the +SPD bonus. 

I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with New Year Azura. I'm most likely keeping her with Hagoita due to its Drive effect (I like Drive skills) making it a very good support weapon, so a Spd refine on it does make sense. I suppose I'll keep this one in mind.

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

If your goal is just to convert stones to dews, then I'd just do the other possible refines on each of your units weps.

My goal is do so without spending rocks on anything unnecessary because they are a very limited resource.

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I'm kinda doubtful that Slaying weapons will ever be given to 4* units anytime soon (or that any units who have slayings at 5* will be demoted), so I'd also take another look through and see just who would want a Slaying weapon. Maybe also look to see if anyone could run an Armor-slaying weapon or Wolf tome.

I'm patient. Slaying Axe I have spare copies of because my Amelia is +10 and I have multiple extras from the last Legendary Heroes banner with unimpressive natures, but I'd prefer to use her for Armor March instead, at least until we get another source in the permanent summoning pool. I don't mind waiting for the weapons to have better availability without the need to spend rocks for them.

Cavalry are literally non-existent at my score range outside of Gunnthra and Lyn. My armor-effective weapon users are Selena, Effie, and Frederick, and all three of them do their job just fine without the need for the upgraded weapons (Selena has Triangle Adept, Effie hits like a truck, and Frederick has cavalry buffs and Death Blow).

I suppose Nephenee is also an option since I intend to keep her Slaying Lance.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Distant Counter costs Triangle Adept or Steady Breath (either of which Corrin really wants).

Light Breath's main problem is that the buff activates after the first round of combat, which means it isn't there for the first round in a turn, and the buffs expire at the start of player phase, meaning you can't carry over buffs gained from the previous enemy phase to increase your player phase effectiveness. Enemy phase teams also rarely need to fight more than one round of combat per turn since you can typically force the opponent to waste three of their actions on Rally skills once you get into the score range where everything runs dual Rallies.

Yeah, it isn't optimal, but it would give Corrin a niche. She could be build as an Player Phase unit and profit from her buffs after a dance. Or with refined Dark Breath+ and Windsweep/Phantom Speed, she could debuff the enemy and be repositioned to safety, to let the debuffed enemies kill themselves on your EP dragons. 

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The upgraded Killer series. I use "armor-effective weapons" to refer to the armor-effective weapons. Armorsmasher's refines use rocks, not leaves.

Oh, I missed that. Then its a pretty good effect for 100 rocks. 

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My goal is do so without spending rocks on anything unnecessary because they are a very limited resource.

I'm patient. Slaying Axe I have spare copies of because my Amelia is +10 and I have multiple extras from the last Legendary Heroes banner with unimpressive natures, but I'd prefer to use her for Armor March instead, at least until we get another source in the permanent summoning pool. I don't mind waiting for the weapons to have better availability without the need to spend rocks for them.

Cavalry are literally non-existent at my score range outside of Gunnthra and Lyn. My armor-effective weapon users are Selena, Effie, and Frederick, and all three of them do their job just fine without the need for the upgraded weapons (Selena has Triangle Adept, Effie hits like a truck, and Frederick has cavalry buffs and Death Blow).

It's not like all you are getting with Armorsmasher, Slaying Hammer, and Slaying Spear are an extra 2 attack though. Selena... well if she has TA3 then she probably doesn't need the upgrade anyways, but Effie and Frederick can ignore Field Buffs on armors or just take an extra 4 defense. If you've been doing fine without, then I guess there's nothing to convince you of. Wait for the next Weapon Refinery update?

To be fair about Slayer availability, their availability is better from the start anyways since Killer weapons are on a good few units (except Killing Edge+), and a high tiered player can get the 25 stones needed every week from Arena and Arena Assault alone, though not needing to go through that extra step I can understand (though even if they are given to 4* units you would still need 20k feathers... though that's not an availability problem). And as for Cavs... Arena assault??? I don't know what high tier Arena Assault is like, but it's filled with a lot of Lyns, Reins, and Cav Emblems at 690-708

Edited by Xenomata

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, it isn't optimal, but it would give Corrin a niche. She could be build as an Player Phase unit and profit from her buffs after a dance. Or with refined Dark Breath+ and Windsweep/Phantom Speed, she could debuff the enemy and be repositioned to safety, to let the debuffed enemies kill themselves on your EP dragons. 

I'm not all that convinced she's particularly usable as a player phase unit. 34 base Spd is fast, but it's not fast enough to double attack fast red and colorless units like Lyn and Ayra who also don't die to a single hit due to Corrin's low Atk stat.

Due to her high Spd and Def, her match-ups as an enemy-phase unit with either Triangle Adept or Steady Breath are actually really good since Triangle Adept patches up her low Atk against red units, Steady Breath allows her to run a powerful Bonfire, and refined Lightning Breath allows her to take out most bow users who have at least one low defensive stat.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

It's not like all you are getting with Armorsmasher, Slaying Hammer, and Slaying Spear are an extra 2 attack though. Selena... well if she has TA3 then she probably doesn't need the upgrade anyways, but Effie and Frederick can ignore Field Buffs on armors or just take an extra 4 defense. If you've been doing fine without, then I guess there's nothing to convince you of. Wait for the next Weapon Refinery update?

Ignoring an enemy armor's +3 Def from Rally Def/*** doesn't matter when Effie and Frederick overkill with weapon triangle advantage by 20+ damage (and they almost never need to fight without advantage).

To be fair about Slayer availability, their availability is better from the start anyways since Killer weapons are on a good few units (except Killing Edge+), and a high tiered player can get the 25 stones needed every week from Arena and Arena Assault alone, though not needing to go through that extra step I can understand (though even if they are given to 4* units you would still need 20k feathers... though that's not an availability problem).

Feathers are nearly infinite. Rocks are extremely limited. Any rocks that are spent on things that could be obtained through another method are rocks not spent on something only rocks can do.

And as for Cavs... Arena assault??? I don't know what high tier Arena Assault is like, but it's filled with a lot of Lyns, Reins, and Cav Emblems at 690-708

My Arena Assault team is in the 744-750 range where I think Gunnthra is the only cavalry unit I ever run into (and all of my teams have an answer for her).

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with New Year Azura. I'm most likely keeping her with Hagoita due to its Drive effect (I like Drive skills) making it a very good support weapon, so a Spd refine on it does make sense. I suppose I'll keep this one in mind.

59 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Feathers are nearly infinite. Rocks are extremely limited. Any rocks that are spent on things that could be obtained through another method are rocks not spent on something only rocks can do.

I would go with BB!Lyn and any seasonal units with their seasonal weapons. Lightning Breath is also good, but I am not sure if you need Resistance Refinement on all of them.

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Life and Death 3 (Hana)

Ruby Sword+ (Stahl)

Raudhrblade+ (Henry)

Quick Riposte 3 (Subaki)

Blarblade+ (Odin)

Gronnraven+ (Cecilia)

Brave Bow+ (Gordin)

Assassin Bow+ (Refined into Guard Bow+) (Setsuna)

I would go with skill inheritance first for your regular Arena team. They can immediately start giving you returns with a higher score and they will be a bit easier to use.

41 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ignoring an enemy armor's +3 Def from Rally Def/*** doesn't matter when Effie and Frederick overkill with weapon triangle advantage by 20+ damage (and they almost never need to fight without advantage).

Was thinking Fortify Armor more, but point taken.

Feathers are infinite yes, but even with all the events that give feathers by the thousands, it does still takes time to get the 20k-22k needed to upgrade one unit (not discounting sending units home). And like I said, you do get rocks from Arena and Arena Assault, which give feathers as well. I'd say it really depends on player need though, if it's worth it to use 20k feathers for one skill fodder unit when they could have gone toward a unit you'd use in battle, or spending 25 rocks, which the rocks could have gone toward improving on a weapon instead of bringing up one weapon to a new standard because why make changes to existing weapons when you can just replace them instead come on guys you could have given killer weapons the Dagger treatment and increased the might alongside whatever upgrade was chosen...

Not wanting to do things the way that is draining on valuable resources I understand, but it's not like rocks will one day just run out.

...also going back to the original question, it could be a good time to build up a Dagger unit if you haven't already (can't imagine why you would have considering how they weren't that valuable before Refinery). Smoke dagger to support Guntthrá, Rogue Dagger to do whatever it is Rogue Daggers do, Kagami Mochi has some offensive potential. There's probably something that a Dagger can do now that they aren't quite so wimpy.

Was thinking Fortify Armor more, but point taken.

The thing is nobody runs Fortify Armor in the 730+ score range. It's all Armor March, Panic Ploy, Atk Ploy, etc.

Feathers are infinite yes, but even with all the events that give feathers by the thousands, it does still takes time to get the 20k-22k needed to upgrade one unit (not discounting sending units home). And like I said, you do get rocks from Arena and Arena Assault, which give feathers as well. I'd say it really depends on player need though, if it's worth it to use 20k feathers for one skill fodder unit when they could have gone toward a unit you'd use in battle, or spending 25 rocks, which the rocks could have gone toward improving on a weapon instead of bringing up one weapon to a new standard

I value 25 rocks more than 100,000 feathers, though. If I could pay 100,000 feathers to buy 25 rocks, you can bet I would take the offer.

...also going back to the original question, it could be a good time to build up a Dagger unit if you haven't already (can't imagine why you would have considering how they weren't that valuable before Refinery). Smoke dagger to support Guntthrá, Rogue Dagger to do whatever it is Rogue Daggers do, Kagami Mochi has some offensive potential. There's probably something that a Dagger can do now that they aren't quite so wimpy.

Problem: The dagger units I'm currently looking at building happen to be Jaffar (Deathly Dagger) and Kagero (Poison Dagger+). And neither of them use rocks, so... yeah. Fml.

8 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

Is there a particular map that helps with the KO 15 Level 40 units Anna quest?

If you do the tenth stratum Anna quest, then you'll solve also the level 40 units quest automatically. 

Otherwise choose one of the easier Warrior maps, at lunatic difficulty they should have all level 40 opponents. 

/Edit: Fredericks warrior map is all melee. 

Edited by mampfoid