Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Vaximillian, @Rezzy Thanks for the feedback

11 minutes ago, Shiro said:

I sold my prev acc many months ago and just started back up again any advice?

Don't fodder any of your units for feathers. Is there any particular unit you want to build or have a lot of? If you've got multiples of the same unit you could go 4*+10. Also, use a site like gamepress to check IVs and to see which ones are optimal. If you want  to build a unit, don't be afraid to ask what are good builds for them. Also, units like Hinata are premium fodder, so don't merge or waste them. The same applies to Shanna, Niles and Subaki.
Units that are great for 4*+10 merges: Nino, Cherche, Felicia, Gwendolyn, Olivia, F!Corrin, A!Tiki, F!Corrin, Ogma, Fae, Cecilia. Healers are a lot more viable now since they got a boost to their offensive abilities. Be on the lookout for mounted healers as well as those that have pain+ like Lucius and Azama.
When spending orbs on a new banner, look up the stats of the new units and compare them with older ones. Units like LA!Lilina aren't worth trying for if you've got Cecilia whose easily mergable and is in the 3-4* pool. Also, if a unit that's the same type of unit as their previous incarnation like Hector gets released, don't be afraid to skip them. If their unique weapon has a part of the same as their other version (Armads and Berserk Armads) then it's safe to assume that they can get the superior weapon in a future refinement update. The same thing happened to Durandal, Tyrfing, Aura, Naga and Excalibur.

Edited by silveraura25

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

Fury is bad with QR. I lack TA. Armored blow it is then.

Fury is only bad with Quick Riposte for sustain. Most units don't have enough bulk to actually take little enough damage to keep Quick Riposte up for more than one or two rounds of combat anyways, so Fury's recoil typically doesn't matter all that much. If the Quick Riposte seal is available for use, it's also possible to run Renewal in the B slot.

My Eldigan, for example, runs double Fury and Quick Riposte because he's expected to only need to take one round of combat each turn (and that's a valid assumption at the top of the Arena, where every enemy unit has a dual Rally), allowing Elise to heal him back up to full health after every round of combat.

39 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fury is only bad with Quick Riposte for sustain. Most units don't have enough bulk to actually take little enough damage to keep Quick Riposte up for more than one or two rounds of combat anyways, so Fury's recoil typically doesn't matter all that much. If the Quick Riposte seal is available for use, it's also possible to run Renewal in the B slot.

My Eldigan, for example, runs double Fury and Quick Riposte because he's expected to only need to take one round of combat each turn (and that's a valid assumption at the top of the Arena, where every enemy unit has a dual Rally), allowing Elise to heal him back up to full health after every round of combat.

Hmm. The renewal/fury/QR combo could work, but is Xander still worth running DD on?

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Hmm. The renewal/fury/QR combo could work, but is Xander still worth running DD on?

With Fury he arrives at 40 DEF which lets him tank a lot of archers. DD wouldn't help his already low RES anyway. 

1 hour ago, Shiro said:

I sold my prev acc many months ago and just started back up again any advice?

Get your two free Olivias and any healer to 4* level 40 as soon as possible. It helps speed up training significantly in the Training Tower and Special Training Maps.

You may also want to consider to not upgrade your castle at all to make SP grinding a bit more efficient. Training units to level 40 will be slower, but they will get more SP by the time they get there.

If you have not picked your Brave Hero unit yet, I highly recommend picking BH!Lyn over the others. She can help you clear out difficult content like Grand Hero Battles and shut down non dragon melee units in Arena.

I would prioritize these Sacred Seals for upgrades since they are useful for Arena and a variety of modes: Speed +3, Hone Speed, Heavy Blade, Close Def, Distant Def, and Quick Riposte. Next, you might want to try Brash Assault, Guidance, Iote's Shield, the rest of the buffs, and the rest of the Speed +3.

For ease, I would focus primarily on Player Phase ranged units and Dancers/Singers as well as a good selection of Enemy Phase ranged units and Distant Counter melee units. You can get Fjorm for free at 5* and she is decent with her default set, but she would be amazing with heavy investment later. I would also grab Sophia, F!Robin, Xander, and Ursula when their maps come around.

43 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

With Fury he arrives at 40 DEF which lets him tank a lot of archers. DD wouldn't help his already low RES anyway. 

Thanks for the advice. I'll give QR to him as a seal then.

I just got my pity broken by a +SPD/-RES julia. I already have a +Atk/-RES julia running divine naga, Draconic aura fury, green tome breaker, and hone speed. Since Julia is useless for inheretence, I am going to merge them. Which one should I merge into the other? (FYI, i am f2p, so i am assuming no more merges, as julia is 5* only). Also, the SP I get from this is an opprotunity to change her build. Should i do that? Note that I have a 5* Soren that i am not really using, and I wave heard that watersweep works well on her.

10 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

So between +spd/-hp Soren, +spd/-hp Roderick, or +atk/-def L’Arachel, who would make better use of Swift Sparrow?

Depends on your builds.  Roderick looks to be the best choice, because he's a pure PP unit with his default kit.

5 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Just pulled a 5-star Cordelia. Should she give her Brave Lance+ to 4*+4 Effie, the upcoming Valentine's Eliwood, or wait to merge with my other Cordelia once I feather her?

I'm not absolutely certain about Eliwood's skills/stats/usage in battle.  I'd wait until the TT is released, just so you can see how Eliwood fares in your army.

36 minutes ago, sirmola said:

I just got my pity broken by a +SPD/-RES julia. I already have a +Atk/-RES julia running divine naga, Draconic aura fury, green tome breaker, and hone speed. Since Julia is useless for inheretence, I am going to merge them. Which one should I merge into the other? (FYI, i am f2p, so i am assuming no more merges, as julia is 5* only). Also, the SP I get from this is an opprotunity to change her build. Should i do that? Note that I have a 5* Soren that i am not really using, and I wave heard that watersweep works well on her.

I'd much rather one-shot things with Julia, but I'm a little odd like that.

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'd much rather one-shot things with Julia, but I'm a little odd like that.

I don't understand what you mean by that, with regard to what i said.

7 hours ago, sirmola said:

I don't understand what you mean by that, with regard to what i said.

+Atk Julia with Fury reaches 55 Atk, if I've done my math right.  That's 66 against blues.  Of the blues, she fails to one-shot vanila Effie, Berkut, Christmas Robin, Wendy, Shanna, Est, Clair, Florina, Mathilda, Fjorm, Jagen, Odin, Valentine's Lyn, Oliver, Lute, Micaiah, and maybe Sully (if she swaps her weapon).  Slap the Attack +3 seal on her to take out edge cases like Florina and Est.

For greens, +Spd will not outspeed Inigo, Gunnthra, Summer Elise, Nino, Rhajat, and Soren.  You'd need to swap out Fury for Darting Blow, and IMO that's a waste of her A slot.  She'll also miss several OHKOs.

Watersweep doesn't matter if your opponent dies in one hit.

EDIT: All the nitpicks, and y'all missed my biggest blunder - forgetting Divine Naga's abilities!

Edited by eclipse

1 hour ago, sirmola said:

Both Natures work pretty well.  Julia's Speed is in a weird place where you either want a +Spd nature or not bother, since with +Spd nature and Fury or +Spd Skill/Seal, she can get into territory where she can actually double some of the slower units (33 Spd, which would be 37 with a Hone Speed buff).  +Atk is great for making her a one-shot wonder when you maximize attack. 

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

+Atk Julia with Fury reaches 55 Atk, if I've done my math right.  That's 66 against blues.  Of the blues, she fails to one-shot vanila Effie, Berkut, Christmas Robin, Wendy, Shanna, Est, Clair, Florina, Mathilda, Fjorm, Jagen, Ninian, Nowi, Odin, Valentine's Lyn, Oliver, Lute, Micaiah, and maybe Sully (if she swaps her weapon).  Slap the Attack +3 seal on her to take out edge cases like Florina and Est.

For greens, +Spd will not outspeed Inigo, Gunnthra, Summer Elise, Nino, Rhajat, and Soren.  You'd need to swap out Fury for Darting Blow, and IMO that's a waste of her A slot.  She'll also miss several OHKOs.

Watersweep doesn't matter if your opponent dies in one hit.

Green Tomebreaker would make speed irrelevent versus other green tomes.

I know little about what's good with this game and kinda want to try budget builds to clear through harder content.

does armored blow go well with Michalis?  About Palla/Cordelia, can I use them long-term and not just as stopgaps for a flier team?

what's the rule of thumb on alfonse, shareena, anna, masked marth, and fjorm? I tossed a triangle adept 3 on shareena. 

I got a neutral nino, is this workable for the harder content? 

45 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I know little about what's good with this game and kinda want to try budget builds to clear through harder content.

I have cleared all story maps on all difiiculties, most of the chain challanges and several squad assaults using almost entierly budget builds.

does armored blow go well with Michalis?  About Palla/Cordelia, can I use them long-term and not just as stopgaps for a flier team?

Honestly, I just kept iote's shield on him and he has worked well so far. As for Palla/cordelia, you can use ANYONE long term if you want to in this game (with the right investment). Also, many of the best units are 5* exclusive, so you can't bank on getting them.

what's the rule of thumb on alfonse, shareena, anna, masked marth, and fjorm? I tossed a triangle adept 3 on shareena.

Alfonse, sharena, and anna have been power creeped to the point where you only want to use then for quests and arena bonuses. 4* level 40 is the highest you need to get them for those. Fjorm is a good unit using just her base kit, plus reposition or swap.

Nino has gronblade. Gronblade is one of the best weapons in the game, and nino is one of the better infantry users of it. She also has great speed at base, which is the best stat by far for a blade build. Sure, +spd or +atk nino would be better, but neuteral nino is still really good. Make sure to get some kind of buff support (Like eirika/ephraim, performing arts azura if she wins the free unit poll, or just hone/fortify on the rest of your team).

Edited by sirmola

2 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

So between +spd/-hp Soren, +spd/-hp Roderick, or +atk/-def L’Arachel, who would make better use of Swift Sparrow?

@eclipseOn the other hand, Roderick should never be hit by anything so the much cheaper LaD2 becomes functionally equivalent to Swift Sparrow. I'd personally lean to Soren as a result. Sure it won't do anything on enemy phase, but it preserves his bulk for tanking other mages. I'm assuming Gronnblade Soren?

55 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Michalis is typically an enemy phase unit, i.e. he waits for enemies to attack him, whereas Armored Blow will do nothing unless Michalis is doing the attacking. In this case a simpler budget option might simply be something like Atk+3 or Def+3.

Palla is an okay unit, her default upgraded weapon is Ruby Sword+ which will absolutely destroy green units, and she's fun to use with her default Wings of Mercy. However her offensive potential is fairly limited to those cases, her overall killing potential is nowhere near Elincia or new refined Caeda (but is better than default Caeda).

Cordelia is an excellent unit and arguably the best blue flier, you'll have no problems there.

Alfonse, Sharena and Anna are mediocre units, certainly usable and useful for quests (the arena argument for them however is a bit of a false economy and one I don't support). Until they receive upgrades, which they will surely do at some point, the easiest way to use them is probably to give them breaker skills so they can at least hard counter one type of unit, e.g. give Alfonse Axebreaker and give Sharena Swordbreaker. You'll get the "Battling with Fjorm" quests done easiest this way. Fjorm herself is naturally better but lacks killing power. I like giving her the Quick Riposte seal to let her actually kill things instead of just tanking them.

Neutral Nino, or indeed anything other than -spd Nino is a very good option to build. While +spd is ideal, you can't guarantee one will turn up despite being available at 3-stars (I've never gotten a +atk Cherche in a full year of playing), and besides, if a better one does turn up, Gronnblade+ is a very desirable skill and there will be no shortage of takers for it.

Edited by Humanoid

I know the new Eliwood isn’t out yet but I have a spare slaying and berkuts lance lying around and I was wondering which would be better between the two for a general build? Tempted to go Berkuts with a def refine for some mixed bulk but Slaying with a spd refine might be better.

59 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

@eclipseOn the other hand, Roderick should never be hit by anything so the much cheaper LaD2 becomes functionally equivalent to Swift Sparrow. I'd personally lean to Soren as a result. Sure it won't do anything on enemy phase, but it preserves his bulk for tanking other mages. I'm assuming Gronnblade Soren?

It’s actually -raven but I was thinking of switching it out for -owl. Would it still be ok?

13 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I know the new Eliwood isn’t out yet but I have a spare slaying and berkuts lance lying around and I was wondering which would be better between the two for a general build? Tempted to go Berkuts with a def refine for some mixed bulk but Slaying with a spd refine might be better.

It’s actually -raven but I was thinking of switching it out for -owl. Would it still be ok?

My thinking is probably that Berkut's Lance probably needs DC to really shine, I want to give my Effie one eventually but just tanking mages without killing them doesn't feel all that attractive to me. Besides, his default weapon Casa Blanca may well achieve similar results (it nullifies the effect of buffs on ranged units) and is similarly refineable.

As for Soren, I don't run an Owl tome on anyone at the moment so take my opinions with a grain of salt, but doesn't Owl seem more an enemy-phase thing and thus less suited for Swift Sparrow? If you step out to attack on player phase you're likely to lose the Owl buff. Bond skills seem to synergise better with Owl tomes, if you have any available.

Edited by Humanoid

@Humanoid yeah that’s what I figured and I don’t have an extra Hector so Berkuts lance is a no go.

it totally is but I wanted to try and see if Soren could possibly do Player and Enemy face as opposed to just one but that would definitely end in a train wreck. I guess I’ll give it to L’Arachel then since she seems to need it more than Roderick or Soren.

7 hours ago, sirmola said:

You can run something like dual Steady Blow/Armored Blow Julias on your Arena defense team to grief dragons and lolicons. I believe +Spd is better than +Atk so she can double them.

5 hours ago, Czarpy said:

If you are giving him a Player Phase set, Armored Blow is not that great. Player Phase unit generally want more Attack or Speed, not Defense or Resistance. He can run something like [Moonbow, Death Blow, Desperation, Brash Assault].

Each sword flier serves a different purpose so I would build them all if you can afford it; you can switch between them if the need arise. Palla can keep her Ruby Sword and shut down green units with G Tomebreaker and Quick Riposte; Gem Weapon and Triangle Adept units might not have a glamorous role, but being able to completely shut down an entire color is very important depending on your team's composition. Cordelia is one of the best offensive lance fliers and she either runs Brave Lance [Luna, Life and Death, Desperation] or Firesweep L [Life and Death, Hit and Run].

You generally want Gem Weapons on melee units and Triangle Adept on mages. Gem Weapons are common, so giving Triangle Adept 3 to a melee unit is kind of wasteful unless you need them to overkill some specific units with effective Weapons on top of Triangle Adept.

Alfonse can run [Death Blow, Desperation, Brash Assault]. Sharena is sort of a generalist, so she will be okay with whatever role you give her, but she might not be great at it; since you gave her Triangle Adept, you might as well give her Swordbreaker so she can specialize against red units. Anna can run something like [Moonbow, Fury, Desperation] to take advantage of her high Speed. Fjorm is amazing with heavy investment, but if you are on a budget, her vanilla set is okay but nothing spectacular. If you are willing to pour a little more investment into the Askr Trio, they can all run Brave Weapons for better combat performance during Player Phase.

Masked Marth can run a medic build [Aether/Sol/Noontime, Life and Death/HP+5, Renewal, Breath of Life, HP+5/Breath of Life] for Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges, keep her Falchion and specialize against dragons [Moonbow/Luna, Life and Death/Fury, Cancel Affinity/Desperation, Attack +3/Speed +3/Heavy Blade], or run an offensive Player Phase set [Wo Dao, Moonbow/Luna, Life and Death/Fury, Desperation, Speed +3/Heavy Blade].

It is not necessary to get the Askr Trio to 5*, but you should prioritize getting them to 4* as soon as possible. I recommend promoting them to 5* down the line for quality of life improvement if you can afford it; being able to deal a little more damage against certain enemies makes difficult content a lot less frustrating and you can run them as bonus units with point scoring builds [Aether/Galeforce, Rally Spd/Def / Rally Spd/Res / Rally Def/Res, Distant Counter/Sturdy Blow, Wings of Mercy/Quick Riposte, Drive Spd/Drive Res, Poison Strike] in Arena.

Should be fine. If you still cannot beat certain content, you can easily get her to 4*+10 after some time as she is pretty common since she is from the 3*-4* summoning pool.

Edited by XRay

So I asked about Soren a couple of pages back.

The situation has since changed enough that I need to ask again.

So I have 2 Sorens +Res/-HP (5*) and +Def/-Res (4*) and 2 Roys with +Atk/-HP (5*) and +Spd/-Def (4*)

Is is worth promoting and merging either of them, which nature should I keep on each and if not what should I do with them?

If Soren isn't being kept who wants Watersweep?

@sirmola I'm leaning to +Spd Julia too but her optimal +Spd build is very expensive. You need SPD ploy on her C slot then she can prevent double or double back to those who have less Res than her. 

+Atk would be more simple to build but if you want to see something different but amazing, you can try SPD ploy build.