"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

32 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I have Xander and he really wants his 5* weapon. Should I place him at the highest priority for a 5* ascension to get him usable in my Reinhardt-Cecilia/LA!Lilina-Priscilla? team.

Wait is Priscilla a decent pick for a mage cavalry team or should I just slap another mage horse in that slot.

If you plan to use your pony team as your Arena team, then he should be promoted as soon as possible, and preferably merged as well later.

Elise is technically better, but if you are not a whale or super lucky, Priscilla will be fine since she is a lot easier to merge.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/14/2018 at 4:48 PM, NegativeExponents- said:

I just went and checked to see how much storage it’s taking up on my phone and it’s 1.39GB with all the current updates. So it’s pretty sizable. It’ll fit on the tablet though without you having to delete anything.

I know this is a little belated, but thank you for the information.

I finally tried to open the app for the first time, if nominally since I probably am going to wait a few days to start really playing, since a better chance at the Winged Boss-slayer of SD and Mr. "I have no Hector support, even though I want revenge against him" sounds good.

"Tried" being the key word. It took me about 10 minutes just to enter my Nintendo ID without the webpage reseting itself again and again. Then comes the next step, getting past "Start", but this never happened. My living quarters has weak WiFi (which my Switch strangely can't recognize), but even being in the same room as the router doesn't do anything. I was aware this tablet from a family member happens to sometimes kick you out of stuff, but it never happened on me before, nor so terribly. Maybe it's because FFV, SMTI, and SoM have no need for an Internet connection at all after the initial DL, while this game does.

And with this, there goes my initial attempt to overcome my dislike of this game (I love reading the chat about it, but visually speaking, it turns me off as superficial as that is) by actually playing it. I could DL it on the new tablet, but I don't want to "pollute" it with a gaming app yet, even though this will end up being the likely way I play it. I could try hacking it onto my computer, but this being my only one and in school in need of writing papers, I don't want any chance of suddenly having it junked. 

My smartphone? I don't actually have one, as odd as it may seem in this day and age.

37 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you plan to use your pony team as your Arena team, then he should be promoted as soon as possible, and preferably merged as well later.

Elise is technically better, but if you are not a whale or super lucky, Priscilla will be fine since she is a lot easier to merge.

well Priscilla or Clarine? I'm legit thinking of running a pony team if it turns out reinhardt's nature is decent. I fucked up and levelled him before checking so I have to wait until he hits level 40 as a 5 star.

16 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

well Priscilla or Clarine? I'm legit thinking of running a pony team if it turns out reinhardt's nature is decent. I fucked up and levelled him before checking so I have to wait until he hits level 40 as a 5 star.

If you have a +Atk Clarine, I would go with that. Offensively, +Atk Clarine is basically the same as a +Spd Priscilla but with 1 extra Speed. Clarine is even easier to merge, but she is guaranteed to be more expensive since she cannot be summoned as a 5* unless she is on a banner.

Reinhardt with any nature is fine as long as he is not -Atk. [+Spd, -HP/Def/Res] should work fine too since that allows him to run Watersweep-Phantom Speed against Nowi, unless she is fully Speed stacked [+Spd, [Spd Refine], Fury, Speed +3].

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, Czarpy said:

I have a neutral nino.

rolling for a better one is going to be a PITA.

my klein is -hp/+spd

Nino can be pulled at 3-star rarity, so it's not too bad to wait. I'd wait and focus on someone else.

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:

I have Xander and he really wants his 5* weapon. Should I place him at the highest priority for a 5* ascension to get him usable in my Reinhardt-Cecilia/LA!Lilina-Priscilla? team.

Wait is Priscilla a decent pick for a mage cavalry team or should I just slap another mage horse in that slot.

Xander is always a good choice.

Staff users are pretty much required to run a refined weapon in order to be useful and need both Wrathful Staff and Dazzling Staff to be offensively viable instead of being limited to support. If you don't mind the investment, either Priscilla or Clarine are fine. Elise is the best staff cavalry outright, but she's 5-star exclusive, so you may not want to wait.

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:

5* ascension

Your F/GO roots are showing.

On 15/02/2018 at 6:20 AM, Czarpy said:

I have so many units that can give Arvis either of those skills.

Hng fuckit.

I kinda want to pull LA!Lyn and Lilina but I'm gonna have to wait a few more days to get more orbs. 

I put reposition on the BK. Would swap do any better?

got two of the female robins from gbh. Raise her or use the 2 star one as fodder? 

Wouldn't recommend pulling for Lilina. Cecilia is better if you're f2p due to her being an extremely common unit in summoning sessions. You can merge her at 4* up to 10 times. 4*+10 is basically 5*+4, I think (stats are superior to 5* though, that is a fact). You're also saving feathers for those stats. At 4*+10 with a speed boon def bane her offensive stats are basically the same as a neutral LA!Lilina' with only 1 less attack. Did I mention her other stats are higher than Lilina's at +10?

Swap is okay for BK.

Don't fodder F!Robbin! She's an excellent anti-meta unit. Gronwolf can be upgraded to Keen Gronwolf as well with the addition of refinements so that's a huge plus. Preferably you get the buff negation option for Keen Gronwolf

EDIT: You already got Lilina. Congrats! But Cecilia is better due to easy merges.

Edited by silveraura25

Since I can't show the photo becauses of MB space i'll just text

So i've Merric

I 5 stared him because  of his spd+ hp- IV 
what build can i give him?

his team mates are 

Marth Merged + 1
Falchion (Planning to refine his weapon soon)
Reposition 
Moonbow
Fury 3 
Renewal 3 
Spur Spd 3 
Spd+ 3 Seal

Linde
Dark Aura
Ardent Sacrifice 
Moonbow 
Life And Death 3 
Desperation 3
Threaten Spd 3 
Initiate Seal Spd 3 

Gordin
Brave Bow+
Draw Back
Ignis
Fury 3
Sword Breaker 3 
Threaten Def  3 
Close Def 3 Seal

This is the Mystery of the Emblem team 

10 minutes ago, HenryKaze101 said:

So i've Merric

his team mates are 

Marth Merged + 1
Reposition 
Moonbow
Fury 3 
Renewal 3 
Spur Spd 3 
Spd+ 3 Seal

Linde
Dark Aura
Ardent Sacrifice 
Moonbow 
Life And Death 3 
Desperation 3
Threaten Spd 3 
Initiate Seal Spd 3 

Gordin
Brave Bow+
Draw Back
Ignis
Fury 3
Sword Breaker 3 
Threaten Def  3 
Close Def 3 Seal

Too bad his bane is -HP, he could have been a good candidate for infantry pulse (if you played the last Mini-TTs and got a Marisa). If your Marth hasn't got a HP boon and your Gordin has got a HP bane, it could still work without giving him an HP+ seal. 

With Marths Falchion refined, Merric could wield the Gronnowl+ tome and profit from a team which is always pretty stacked together. Another option would be Triangle Adept + Gronnraven+ to make Merric your blue/colorless-check. 

Since he is not an "optimal" unit, there isn't an optimal build. Some people run him with Close Counter, which would go well with the Threaten skills on your Linde and Gordin.  @Rafiel's Aria's Merric is pretty awesome (even if a lot of stats come from merges and summoner-support):

On 1/12/2018 at 2:37 PM, Rafiel's Aria said:

MwMKo3h.png?1

30 minutes ago, HenryKaze101 said:

So i've Merric

his team mates are 

Marth Merged + 1
Reposition 
Moonbow
Fury 3 
Renewal 3 
Spur Spd 3 
Spd+ 3 Seal

Linde
Dark Aura
Ardent Sacrifice 
Moonbow 
Life And Death 3 
Desperation 3
Threaten Spd 3 
Initiate Seal Spd 3 

Gordin
Brave Bow+
Draw Back
Ignis
Fury 3
Sword Breaker 3 
Threaten Def  3 
Close Def 3 Seal

I would go with a Blade build [Gronnblade, Moonbow/Glimmer, Life and Death/Fury, Desperation, Speed+3/Heavy Blade] or Raven build [Gronnraven, Glimmer, Triangle Adept, Bowbreaker, Distant Def/Deflect Magic/Resistance +3]. Distant Def and Deflect Magic would be ideal and you get better scoring, but Resistance +3 also works (it is for Reinhardt who uses Glimmer-Heavy Blade) if you do not have the former two for some reason.

Edited by XRay

On 2/12/2018 at 9:19 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Buffs and debuffs that activate at the beginning of the turn activate simultaneously (in other words, buffs don't activate before stat checks for debuffs). The exact order is

1. All currently active buffs expire.
  2. Stat checks for all buffs and debuffs that activate at the beginning of the turn. (Includes Defiant skills.) (Probably includes Wrath.)
  3. Apply buffs and debuffs. (Includes Renewal and Falchion.)

Spur-type skills are in-combat only.

According to this, there is no sense in giving LA!Eliwood Renewal to have always active Armor Boots on Turn 1 in TTs, right? Both Renewal and Armor Boots would proc on step 3. with Armor Boots failing their check because Renewal would have to apply first (which it doesn't). 

Oh cool. My Merric's getting shown off. Thanks @mampfoid

@HenryKaze101 Congrats on Merric BTW. He's one of my fave units to use. +SPD and +ATK are good on him. At the moment, mine has an HP bane too, and honestly...it's not THAT terrible on him. He's still got a lot of HP to work with. I honestly just like running him with Excalibur or Dark Excalibur. Excalibur is great for fighting against flying units. He's basically a mage archer. With buffs, mine could take out problem units like Elincia despite color disadvantage. Dark Excalibur is what I run now because he likes the extra damage. And if you give him Bonfire, he's doing quite a bit of damage. I say Excalibur/Dark Excalibur, Bonfire, Fury, and Bowbreaker are my favorite skills to make him a good Brave Lyn counter. He can also counter Reinhardt (even with -RES) if he has Deflect Magic 3 as his sacred seal. But he can't usually counter both during the same match. I've recently running Distant Defense seal on mine, and that works out too. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

According to this, there is no sense in giving LA!Eliwood Renewal to have always active Armor Boots on Turn 1 in TTs, right? Both Renewal and Armor Boots would proc on step 3. with Armor Boots failing their check because Renewal would have to apply first (which it doesn't). 

To my knowledge, that is correct.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

I would go with a Blade build [Gronnblade, Moonbow/Glimmer, Life and Death/Fury, Desperation, Speed+3/Heavy Blade] or Raven build [Gronnraven, Glimmer, Triangle Adept, Bowbreaker, Distant Def/Deflect Magic/Resistance +3]. Distant Def and Deflect Magic would be ideal and you get better scoring, but Resistance +3 also works (it is for Reinhardt who uses Glimmer-Heavy Blade) if you do not have the former two for some reason.

@XRay
I was thinking of not inheriting 5* units just for weapons because i'm a player that those not really like sacrificing 5 stars.

5 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Oh cool. My Merric's getting shown off. Thanks @mampfoid

@HenryKaze101 Congrats on Merric BTW. He's one of my fave units to use. +SPD and +ATK are good on him. At the moment, mine has an HP bane too, and honestly...it's not THAT terrible on him. He's still got a lot of HP to work with. I honestly just like running him with Excalibur or Dark Excalibur. Excalibur is great for fighting against flying units. He's basically a mage archer. With buffs, mine could take out problem units like Elincia despite color disadvantage. Dark Excalibur is what I run now because he likes the extra damage. And if you give him Bonfire, he's doing quite a bit of damage. I say Excalibur/Dark Excalibur, Bonfire, Fury, and Bowbreaker are my favorite skills to make him a good Brave Lyn counter. He can also counter Reinhardt (even with -RES) if he has Deflect Magic 3 as his sacred seal. But he can't usually counter both during the same match. I've recently running Distant Defense seal on mine, and that works out too. 

Thank you for the Build i will most likely go for the build you suggested ^_^

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Too bad his bane is -HP, he could have been a good candidate for infantry pulse (if you played the last Mini-TTs and got a Marisa). If your Marth hasn't got a HP boon and your Gordin has got a HP bane, it could still work without giving him an HP+ seal. 

With Marths Falchion refined, Merric could wield the Gronnowl+ tome and profit from a team which is always pretty stacked together. Another option would be Triangle Adept + Gronnraven+ to make Merric your blue/colorless-check. 

Since he is not an "optimal" unit, there isn't an optimal build. Some people run him with Close Counter, which would go well with the Threaten skills on your Linde and Gordin.  @Rafiel's Aria's Merric is pretty awesome (even if a lot of stats come from merges and summoner-support):

I'm not planning to sacrifice 5* but i bet these builds are great 

49 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Can somebody explain to me what is up with Tactic skills? Based on its description, Atk Tactic should work on anybody with 2 or less movement, but I haven't gotten it to activate on infantry ever.

Tactic skills work based on the number of units of each movement type you have. If you have 3 or more infantry (or cavalry, fliers, armours), they won't get the buff.

Okay, I have Distant Counter fodder, but I'm not sure who I should give it to. I've narrowed it down to the following units:

Marth [+SPD/-HP] (Mostly a support unit, but I know I'm gonna use him a lot since his omni-Drive is so useful for me, so might he be able to get some use out of this?)
Love Abounds Eliwood (I don't know what to do with him, but I want to use him, and this seems like a decent option)
Myrrh [+ATK/-HP, Summoner Support] (I like Fury on Myrrh, but I could see her being great with DC too)

Which of these would be the best option for Distant Counter? Or should I just hold on to my spare Hector for now?

Also, completely unrelated question, is +ATK/-RES Matthew a good Matthew if I'm going to use Rogue Dagger+?

6 minutes ago, CeruleanMage said:

I'm sure this has been asked before but when doing weapon refinery does 'This skill can only be equipped by its original unit' mean that if I refine say Mae's Blarowl is it locked to her or can another unit inherit the weapon?

You can't inherit the refined weapon onto another unit (you can still inherit the non-refined version tho), but if you use Merge Allies to merge that Mae into another Mae, the post-merge Mae will have the refined Blarowl.