"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

22 hours ago, XRay said:

Moonbow-Speed +3 is generally better than Luna-Heavy Blade if you do not need the scoring. Doubling is generally more important than activating a higher cool down Special.

I am not sure which calculator you are using, but Luna and Draconic Aura both give the same results. I am using arcticsilverfox's calculator.

Linde +Atk
Aura
Life and Death, Desperation
Heavy Blade
4/4/0/0
Player Phase [Luna] 131:25:68
Player Phase [Draconic Aura] 131:25:68
Player Phase [Luna, Enemies +Spd with Fury overwrite] 97:36:91
Player Phase [Draconic Aura, Enemies +Spd with Fury overwrite] 97:36:91

NS!Elise +Atk
Hibiscus Tome [Spd]
Life and Death, Desperation
Heavy Blade
4/4/0/0
Player Phase [Luna] 176:22:26
Player Phase [Draconic Aura] 176:22:26
Player Phase [Luna, Enemies +Spd with Fury overwrite] 138:33:53
Player Phase [Draconic Aura, Enemies +Spd with Fury overwrite] 138:33:53

If the enemy got Fortify Resistance buffs, then Luna will perform better by a few kills. Moonbow-Heavy Blade with Desperation active outperforms Luna/Draconic since it can be activated during every round of combat, and Moonbow also sometimes outperform both during first round of combat as since Luna/Draconic Aura-Heavy Blade will not activate the Special against enemies that cannot counter.

I'm honestly not sure how we get different numbers, we're using the same calculator after all. :/

I tried to get your results with Linde though and am honestly not sure how you did this? I used Aura/Luna or DA/LoD/Desperation/Filler/Heavy Blade Linde as well and even if I remove the combat buffs, I still get more wins than you?
Also, neither of my mages is +Atk, Linde is +Spd/-Res and Elise +Spd/-HP respectively.

Something else however: How would you build Rebecca? I have three of them sitting around now (the best one being +Spd/-HP), so I want to merge them and give them some skills. I know that Firesweep Bow is a thing on her, but I don't have that, so other options would be nice.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Sias said:

I'm honestly not sure how we get different numbers, we're using the same calculator after all. :/

I tried to get your results with Linde though and am honestly not sure how you did this? I used Aura/Luna or DA/LoD/Desperation/Filler/Heavy Blade Linde as well and even if I remove the combat buffs, I still get more wins than you?
Also, neither of my mages is +Atk, Linde is +Spd/-Res and Elise +Spd/-HP respectively.

Something else however: How would you build Rebecca? I have three of them sitting around now (the best one being +Spd/-HP), so I want to merge them and give them some skills. I know that Firesweep Bow is a thing on her, but I don't have that, so other options would be nice.

Brave is the second best nuking bow after Firesweep. Brave Bow is genetally more powerful than Firesweep Bow, but the problem is that you have to eat a counter first in order for Desperation to kick in. Ardent Sacrifice helps, but then the nuke loses a little synergy with Dancers/Singers since you cannot do thr Dance/Sing-then-Reposition combo.

For Rebecca, if you are only using her for Arena Assault, then I would just invest the bare minimum of regular Brave Bow and Attack +3 instead of decking her out.

If you want to deck her out with Brave Bow, you can try [Brave Bow, Luna, Life and Death/Swift Sparrow/Brazen Atk/Spd, Fury, Desperation, Speed +3].

Edited by XRay

I got Jeorge +Spd, and refined his Parthia (+Eff).

Anyone got any ideas on how to build him? He's not +Atk so I'm concerned if giving him Fierce Stance 3 would be kind of a waste as I only have once Dorcas for that. 

If I refined a weapon previously, do I have to do it all over again for another copy of the character? I pulled a +atk, -def Hinoka to replace my neutral one and want to fodder the original for hone fliers. Unfortunately, I already spent 200 divine dew for her +eff refinement and I don't really want to do it again for her(especially since I'll probably need it for Soren's refinement, which will inevitably require more DD; I need him to be good, to numb the pain of him pity breaking me at 5.25% on the LA banner, where I still don't have a banner character). 

6 minutes ago, Oriks said:

If I refined a weapon previously, do I have to do it all over again for another copy of the character?

Yes, skills are only present on a singular copy of a character. If you fodder off the previous one you’ve invested into, you’ll have to do it all over again.

Well I am back to ask another L'Arachel question. Apparently at some point I got a +SPD/-ATK one at 4* to compete with my +HP/-DEF and +ATK/-SPD ones. Now it looks like the the +SPD/-ATK will mildly outperform either of the others. Buuuuut . . . not sure if it is 20k feathers worth of improvement. Her merge level could be +2 since the other two are at 5* already. I guess the real question is slightly better L'Arachel or Ephraim getting Galeforce or somesuch. I am low on feathers again.

This has become a bit more of a pressing issue for me. With the inclusion of Mounted Ephraim I can now have Sacred Horse Emblem. Though I suppose a team of a Red Mage, a Blue mage, a red sword, and a blue lance may not be the most balanced.

Though speaking of Seth. My current is +DEF/-RES. Given the number of 4* versions of him I have I could swap that for say +ATK/-HP, +SPD/-RES or -HP, +HP/-RES, or even +DEF/-HP. I think my +DEF/-RES current is probably good enough. A standard Slaying Edge +DEF, bonfire, and QR should make him a dangerous physical wall. Will probably be stuck with his ruby sword for a while though since I have no easy source of killer+ or slaying+ for him. Plenty of Wo Dao, but pretty sure he would much prefer a Slaying edge.

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Enemy phase:

Expiration
Reposition / Swap
Bonfire / Ignis / Aether
Steady Breath / Warding Breath / Steady Stance 3 / Warding Stance 3 / Close Def 3 / Distant Def 3 / Fury 3 / Sturdy Stance 2 / Fierce Stance 3 / Svalinn Shield
Vengeful Fighter 3
[flexible] / Ward Dragons / Ward Armor / Armor March 3
[flexible] / Armored Boots / Close Def 3 / Distant Def 3

Mixed phase:

Expiration
Reposition / Swap
Bonfire / Ignis / Aether
Steady Breath / Warding Breath
Bold Fighter 3
Quick Riposte 3

Player phase:

Expiration
Reposition / Swap
Bonfire / Aether
Death Blow 3
Bold Fighter 3
[flexible] / Armored Boots / Attack +3

Thank you so much!

9 hours ago, Astellius said:

Steady Breath is especially strong on most of the dragons (e.g., Adult Tiki, Nowi, Fae, Myrrh w/Lightning Breath), as most are excellent enemy phase units. They have a built-in distant counter, along with a need to accelerate a special's cooldown.

As for Steady Breath vs. Warding Breath on Fae, really, both are great for her, and so I'd say that's more a matter of how you want to build her and what role you want her to occupy. She's pretty flexible in that regard. Perhaps others could offer more insight on that, but there's good arguments for either.

For a blue unit to +10 via feathers, I'd say Nowi is one of the strongest options right now, and has good synergy with Fae and Ninian, due to the Dragon Emblem passive skills. Dragons are quite powerful in the current meta. Reinhardt also continues to be one of the strongest units in the game as well. You could also consider Cordelia or Effie.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for the reply. I ended up giving Fae Steady Breath, just need to choose the IV's (Current Fae is +SPD/-HP). For blue I might skip Nowi (know she is a great unit, but really hate her, more than a 3* Bartre). So I will probably try to do Cordelia.

8 hours ago, Ae†her said:

I got Jeorge +Spd, and refined his Parthia (+Eff).

Anyone got any ideas on how to build him? He's not +Atk so I'm concerned if giving him Fierce Stance 3 would be kind of a waste as I only have once Dorcas for that. 

Jeorge with a +Spd nature and Parthia [unique] can run a player-phase build with Life and Death or Darting Blow, but the enemy-phase build with Fierce Stance (and really, all of his other enemy-phase builds) does still work.

You can check the reference in the Jeorge analysis thread for the physical bulk of ranged units to see if you miss any important kills with the missing 3 Atk. Most of the one-hit kills you're going to miss are probably bulkier units that Jeorge can double attack anyways.

11 hours ago, XRay said:

Brave is the second best nuking bow after Firesweep. Brave Bow is genetally more powerful than Firesweep Bow, but the problem is that you have to eat a counter first in order for Desperation to kick in. Ardent Sacrifice helps, but then the nuke loses a little synergy with Dancers/Singers since you cannot do thr Dance/Sing-then-Reposition combo.

For Rebecca, if you are only using her for Arena Assault, then I would just invest the bare minimum of regular Brave Bow and Attack +3 instead of decking her out.

If you want to deck her out with Brave Bow, you can try [Brave Bow, Luna, Life and Death/Swift Sparrow/Brazen Atk/Spd, Fury, Desperation, Speed +3].

Okay, thank you. So, last question for a while...
What would you do with Camilla? Neither her Atk nor her Spd do seem quite high enough for a Brave Axe build, and while I could give her LoD, that would remove her otherwise pretty nice bulk. I still have an unused Arthur lying around since forever, meaning I could hand over his Emerald Axe+ and then Axebreaker or Green Tome Breaker to make her a decent check against blue and green, if that works. If it's a bad idea though, who else would appreciate the Emerald Axe?

Sold clutter and bought iTunes card for orbs. Final session on the legendary yielded a third L!Ike. First was worse than neutral, and taught Hardin Warding Breath. Second is the free neutral one. What to do with the third?

Merge for a quick boost of SP and stats?

Give LA!Lyn Warding Breath so she can better tank mages and dragons? Oops, forgot about Breath skills being restricted to melee.

Give Zelgius Warding Breath to patch up his -Res and speed up his Black Luna?

Edited by Chrom-ulent

@Chrom-ulent Sadly LA!Lyn can't learn warding breath. And I am not sure if I would want to spend such a skill on a -RES Zelgius. I would probably hang onto it for the time being and see if anyone else really wants it.

@Sias Camilla's good bulk makes her rather suited for a Slaying Axe Build. So if you have anyone with a killer axe she would like to upgrade a killer axe+ to a slaying axe. Emerald Axe isn't terrible. Particularly if you have DC to give her. Blue mages will melt and green tomebreaker would give her better matchups against those. But if I didn't have DC to toss around I would probably go with Slaying.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Jeorge with a +Spd nature and Parthia [unique] can run a player-phase build with Life and Death or Darting Blow, but the enemy-phase build with Fierce Stance (and really, all of his other enemy-phase builds) does still work.

You can check the reference in the Jeorge analysis thread for the physical bulk of ranged units to see if you miss any important kills with the missing 3 Atk. Most of the one-hit kills you're going to miss are probably bulkier units that Jeorge can double attack anyways.

I'll check it out, thanks.

1 hour ago, Usana said:

Sadly LA!Lyn can't learn warding breath. And I am not sure if I would want to spend such a skill on a -RES Zelgius. I would probably hang onto it for the time being and see if anyone else really wants it.

I knew cavalry and flying units couldn't learn breath skills. but I forgot about it also being restricted to melee units.

Would +Def -HP Grima be a good choice? I would be taking his side in the finals if it's him vs. Takumi. Alternatively, +Res -Def Dorcas could take further advantage of the superboon and be able to enjoy the same special pulse he provides his infantry teammates.

Will be waiting for a bad IV B!Ike for Zelgius to learn Steady Breath instead. And knowing me, the desire sensor would go off and the next B!Ike I get will have a better-than-neutral IV.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

Soo... does the Atk/Def Tactics only apply to ally units of a different movement type? That would have been good t know in it's description, since the only time I've ever seen it work was on my Michalis when fielding Vanguard Ike (everyone else was infantry)

4 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Soo... does the Atk/Def Tactics only apply to ally units of a different movement type? That would have been good t know in it's description, since the only time I've ever seen it work was on my Michalis when fielding Vanguard Ike (everyone else was infantry)

L!Ike and two infantry makes three, disabling the tactic skill on the infantry.

5 hours ago, mothmanex said:

Thank you for the reply. I ended up giving Fae Steady Breath, just need to choose the IV's (Current Fae is +SPD/-HP). For blue I might skip Nowi (know she is a great unit, but really hate her, more than a 3* Bartre). So I will probably try to do Cordelia.

Steady Breath is a great choice for Fae. As for Nowi, I don't particularly care for her myself, so I don't use her either. I'm definitely an advocate of using characters one likes, and I'd probably consider that to be the most important consideration.

2 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Soo... does the Atk/Def Tactics only apply to ally units of a different movement type?

For the Tactics buff to take place for units of a given movement type, there should be no more than two units of that type on the team.

2 infantry, 2 cavalry → all get the buff (except the buffer, obviously).

1 infantry, 2 cavalry, 1 armoured → all get the buff.

1 infantry, 1 cavalry, 1 armoured, 1 flier → again, all get the buff.

3 infantry, 1 flier → only the flier gets the buff.

7 hours ago, Usana said:

Well I am back to ask another L'Arachel question. Apparently at some point I got a +SPD/-ATK one at 4* to compete with my +HP/-DEF and +ATK/-SPD ones. Now it looks like the the +SPD/-ATK will mildly outperform either of the others. Buuuuut . . . not sure if it is 20k feathers worth of improvement. Her merge level could be +2 since the other two are at 5* already. I guess the real question is slightly better L'Arachel or Ephraim getting Galeforce or somesuch. I am low on feathers again.

I wouldn't.  I have +Res/-HP, and there's times she'll miss KOs, even with Ivalid's effect and Fury (I wanted the Ploy build).  Don't want to imagine what will happen with -Atk.

I got another Elincia (-hp +res) from my free summon on the Falchion banner. I already have one that's +atk -spd. I'm going to merge them, but question is which one? The +atk one gets one point of atk upon merging, but lacks speed. The one with +res gets one point of speed.

Spoiler

Edited by silveraura25