"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first Dragon team was the Nowi/ATiki/Fae/Ninian match up as well. Nowi can easily handle anything you need a blue for, so Ninian can actually play with something other than Lightning Breath if you want. Or even just be there for Dance. Either way I would probably focus on investing in the others first. A simple moonbow/luna+fury+wom can give her all she needs to do her job just fine.

Nowi is a pretty well rounded unit and can benefit from any boon really. Speed stacked she can get solidly fast. Which makes her harder to kill and easier to use as a Player Phase unit. Mine is +SPD/-HP simply because none of them have had better boon/banes. My Fury/Swordbreaker Nowi works wonders for me. Pretty basic, but gets the job done. That said she is a prime candidate for a Breath build at which point -SPD and extra defense might be preferable to handle physical threats.

For A!Tiki -SPD is by far your best choice in general. The boon depends on what you want her to face. +RES lets her fight green mages and other dragons better. +DEF makes her an absolute wall against physical threats. And +ATK can net her kills she would miss otherwise. IF memory serves right she needs +ATK to reliably deal with the Naga tomes. But it has been a while since I ran the numbers. So basically any boon combined with a spd bane is probably better than other options. Personally I like Defense just like Reddazrael does.I just deal with those Naga tomes on my phase, rather than trying to force A!Tiki to do it.

Fae. She is kinda like Nowi in that she is well rounded and can benefit from multiple boons and bane can be a tricky choice. Her speed is decent'ish enough to prevent doubles from slower hard hitters so you don't really want to drop that. HP is a solid bane to go with since she has so much of it. The Boon is trickier to pick. I am running +RES/-HP, but my choices were between that and. Huh I don't remember, but I asked here and it seemed like the current was the recommended choice. +DEF can make her more reliable to duel lances and +SPD can make her tankier and more useful on player phase. +ATK. I have never actually looked at the numbers for +ATK Fae. She is the one I had the least luck making a solid member of.

9 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

Has anybody done research or know if there is a difference between fighting to leveling up and using stones/jewels? I have a ton just sitting there and wondering if I am saving them for no reason.

The only difference is simply the SP from all the kills you get on the way to 40. This can be several hundred SP if you level manually. If you'd rather farm SP at 40 using the training maps, then it's a perfectly viable option. There are also cases where you don't need any SP, for example when you've merged a high level unit with a full skillset into a new one with better natures, or if the new unit is simply fodder.

12 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

Has anybody done research or know if there is a difference between fighting to leveling up and using stones/jewels? I have a ton just sitting there and wondering if I am saving them for no reason.

It’s absolutely identical except you miss out on the SP earned by defeating enemies or healing wounded allies. 

Thanks @Humanoid and @Vaximillian. I have like 10 5*s just sitting there waiting for me to choose who to level first by training. Like a lot of others I don’t have a ton of time to play so having to think through “Do I level Linde, Cecilia, Marth, Luke, Leo, Olwen, Felicia, Grey or Xander” isn’t fun. I would rather have them all available. I do hate losing the xp, but just to get them running will be nice.

I'm just starting out with the game and was doing reroll spam, hoping to get something to go with the neutral Brave Lyn I plan to get from the free summon and the Black Knight I plan to buy (whom I also assume is neutral, please correct if wrong). I wound up with Brave Ike and a bunch of garbage units (the best of them was 4* Olivia with an Atk bane).

Should I keep this and sync to Nintendo? I'm sure the answer is probably "yes", but as a new player I don't want to make any assumptions before committing and paying money.

Edited by Some Jerk

2 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

I'm just starting out with the game and was doing reroll spam, hoping to get something to go with the neutral Brave Lyn I plan to get from the free summon and the Black Knight I plan to buy (whom I also assume is neutral, please correct if wrong). I wound up with Brave Ike and a bunch of garbage units (the best of them was 4* Olivia with an Atk bane).

Should I keep this and sync to Nintendo? I'm sure the answer is probably "yes", but as a new player I don't want to make any assumptions before committing and paying money.

It is not bad; you get to try out both Player Phase and Enemy Phase units. I would not buy the Black Knight or sync it just yet, I would go try out both BH!Lyn and BH!Ike in the story maps and see whether you prefer a Player Phase or Enemy Phase team, or a mix of both. A team of BH!Ike, BH!Lyn, Olivia, and any blue unit is good to try things out. BH!Lyn and Olivia make a good combo as they can quickly annihilate most units in one round of combat and regroup with Reposition-Dance combo. You can pair BH!Ike with Sharena, but any blue unit will do to take out red units that threaten BH!Ike.

If you like or are indifferent to both BH!Lyn and BH!Ike, I would keep your current roll.

As for the other units being garbage, they are not! Do not send them home, you will need them later as skill fodder. If your Barracks is full, expand your barracks. A single Orb for five extra space is a bargain.

— — — — — — —

If you prefer BH!Lyn and Player Phase combat, I would reroll until you get Faye OR an offensive blue unit like a blue mage or a lance flier. If you get Faye and you do not mind sacrificing her, I would give BH!Lyn Firesweep Bow, as that would allow BH!Lyn to shut down practically any threat.

Sniping for Faye is unrealistic since she is not currently on a banner, so a more practical approach would be to reroll until you get an offensive blue unit, like a blue mage or lance flier. A 4* or 5* Reinhardt with neutral Atk or +Atk would be ideal; Linde, Delthea, Lute and F!Morgan are all fine, preferably if their are not -Atk or -Spd.

For lance fliers, Tana is great if you can get her with +Spd. If not, Cordelia at 4* is fine too. Also, try to get Roderick as he is a Firesweep Lance fodder. You want a flier with Firesweep L to deal with dragons that BH!Lyn without Firesweep Bow cannot handle.

You should check out the analysis pages for BH!Lyn, Reinhardt, and Olivia. I can vouch for their effectiveness as a team since I use them as my main team for almost everything.

— — — — — — —

If you like the ease of using BH!Ike, you can keep your current roll, but if you do decide to reroll, I would aim for Y!Tiki, Myrrh, or FH!M!Robin to go for a Triangle Adept dragon team. A dragon team of Y!Tiki, Nowi, Fae/Myrrh/FH!M!Robin is super easy to use, although you may want to switch one of the dragons out for a Player Phase nuke to deal with Firesweep archers and anti-dragon units.

We do not have analysis pages for some dragon units yet, so I included a few more Enemy Phase units that you can check out:
A!Tiki (Y!Tiki is better in my opinion since her Def and Res are not lopsided like A!Tiki's, but it usually is not a big deal)
Ninian
F!Corrin (Nowi is better in my opinion, but F!Corrin will do if that is all you got)
Fae
Myrrh
Ike
Ryoma
Hardin
Hector
BH!Ike

5 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

I suggest you wait for the 8% Legendary banner that will be coming up on the 29th March.

1 hour ago, Raven said:

I suggest you wait for the 8% Legendary banner that will be coming up on the 29th March.

Welp, it's a good thing I screwed up my emulator and wasn't able to sync before I read this.

17 hours ago, Reddazrael said:

Myrrh, for instance, would probably work better with a build of +DEF/Great Flame/Distant Counter (although +ATK/-SPD would not be a bad thing).

@DraceEmpressa (In case you're interested despite not having Myrrh.)

I'd still go for +Atk if I had the option of doing so (which I did, actually). Assuming roughly equal merges and buffs (

Fortify Dragons cancels a dual Rally and Def refine), the units that you miss out on blocking a follow-up with neutral Def instead of +Def are pretty much all either units that die horrible deaths to Myrrh regardless or units that Myrrh does not want to be anywhere near to begin with.

On 3/25/2018 at 12:38 AM, DraceEmpressa said:

I  want to build a dragon emblem, if I were to smack them Lightning breath to all of them, do all of them would like +atk-spd IV? 

Depends on the character and build.

You basically cannot go wrong with +Atk on any build, but it's not the only option. +Def or +Res can be used on pretty much any dragon to bolster a strong defensive stat or patch up a weaker one (provided it's not too low to patch up). +Spd can be used for the faster dragons to avoid follow-up attacks or have better player-phase presence.

Banes depend entirely on what you're willing to give up or what you don't need to worry about. For example, my Fae runs -Def because with Triangle Adept, even the strongest lance users deal only single-digit damage to her with Fortify Dragons up. If I were to run a different build, such as Steady Breath or Warding Breath, I'd prefer a different bane, such as -HP or -Spd.

16 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

Level-up stats are always the same for characters of the same rarity and nature. The only difference between leveling up in combat and using crystals is the SP you gain from combat.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@DraceEmpressa (In case you're interested despite not having Myrrh.)

I'd still go for +Atk if I had the option of doing so (which I did, actually). Assuming roughly equal merges and buffs (

Fortify Dragons cancels a dual Rally and Def refine), the units that you miss out on blocking a follow-up with neutral Def instead of +Def are pretty much all either units that die horrible deaths to Myrrh regardless or units that Myrrh does not want to be anywhere near to begin with.

Depends on the character and build.

You basically cannot go wrong with +Atk on any build, but it's not the only option. +Def or +Res can be used on pretty much any dragon to bolster a strong defensive stat or patch up a weaker one (provided it's not too low to patch up). +Spd can be used for the faster dragons to avoid follow-up attacks or have better player-phase presence.

Banes depend entirely on what you're willing to give up or what you don't need to worry about. For example, my Fae runs -Def because with Triangle Adept, even the strongest lance users deal only single-digit damage to her with Fortify Dragons up. If I were to run a different build, such as Steady Breath or Warding Breath, I'd prefer a different bane, such as -HP or -Spd.

Maybe I will. Also, which is better usability-wise, Grima or Myrrh? 

That being said, I have a lot of feathers but isn't  a whale, so refined Lightning Breath + feels cheaper for me than actually looking for DC, but maybe if I got a bad IV Hector I'd fodder him to Myrrh, or just use Grima straight away. 

TA is the budget built because I don't plan to hoard/hunt Vike or Sakunya , so maybe i'll run TA instead. 

Basically mostly I'm planning for low orb high feather cost build. 

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Maybe I will. Also, which is better usability-wise, Grima or Myrrh?

It really depends on how much you dislike having to deal with armor mobility and whether or not you want to give Myrrh Distant Counter or Lightning Breath.

Grima is stronger and comes with an almost complete kit, but can't move. Myrrh needs more investment, but is easier to use if she has it.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It really depends on how much you dislike having to deal with armor mobility and whether or not you want to give Myrrh Distant Counter or Lightning Breath.

Grima is stronger and comes with an almost complete kit, but can't move. Myrrh needs more investment, but is easier to use if she has it.

I could slap Guidance on Myrrh, but does it hurt to have same color dragon in dragon emblem? 

Since there is no colorless dragon, yet, you'll always double up on one. Usually you double on blue since your dancer is blue. This is also a big deal since your blue MUST be capable of knocking out Falchions on a full dragon team. And frankly I don't know of a Ninian build that can pull that off. Nowi and Corrin can. Though Falchions are getting harder and harder to stop even with a blue dragon.

17 minutes ago, Usana said:

Since there is no colorless dragon, yet, you'll always double up on one. Usually you double on blue since your dancer is blue. This is also a big deal since your blue MUST be capable of knocking out Falchions on a full dragon team. And frankly I don't know of a Ninian build that can pull that off. Nowi and Corrin can. Though Falchions are getting harder and harder to stop even with a blue dragon.

Swordbreaker allows the blue dragons to take care of Falchions.

58 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Swordbreaker allows the blue dragons to take care of Falchions.

Really? I didn't realize even Ninian could deal with them with swordbreaker. I mean I knew Nowi/Corrin could when built right, but never knew Ninian could. Does she need to focus on defense to pull that off? My Unstoppable Chrom comes close to oneshooting Nowis that aren't heavy vested in defense, such as mine. Hmm.. looks like a Ninian can survive thanks to refinement HP pulling her just out of KO range, though she needs the defense refinement and +DEF or another boost if he is already damaged/has horse buffs. I guess she might be able to be built offensively enough to one shot him? Just doesn't seem like she is a reliable option. Which was the point I was making. To cover Falchions you probably want to double up on blue since Ninian is kinda on shaky ground there.

Anyways I wasn't saying that it was impossible or anything. Only that the margin for victory has gotten tighter for the blue dragons since Alm's refinement and Horse Chrom. Used to be be my Speed and Resistance focused Nowi(sword breaker of course) didn't have any real issues with Falchions on either phase. These days I have to kinda pussy foot around the likes of Alm. Thankfully I don't run into him often.

6 minutes ago, Usana said:

Really? I didn't realize even Ninian could deal with them with swordbreaker. I mean I knew Nowi/Corrin could when built right, but never knew Ninian could. Does she need to focus on defense to pull that off? My Unstoppable Chrom comes close to oneshooting Nowis that aren't heavy vested in defense, such as mine. Hmm.. looks like a Ninian can survive thanks to refinement HP pulling her just out of KO range, though she needs the defense refinement and +DEF or another boost if he is already damaged/has horse buffs. I guess she might be able to be built offensively enough to one shot him? Just doesn't seem like she is a reliable option. Which was the point I was making. To cover Falchions you probably want to double up on blue since Ninian is kinda on shaky ground there.

A dragon team should ideally be running Fortify Dragons to help with Falchions. If you are running two blue dragons, it helps to have at least one of the two run Triangle Adept as well.

Additionally, Sealed Falchion's effect would not normally be active on an AI-controlled Chrom.

5 hours ago, Czarpy said:

I have a shitty zelgius (only one) and I want to give fiery stance to my Xander since Fury's HP loss is annoying and I want a better option.

is this a good idea?

Should be fine. Xander gets more kills but he also dies to more things, so I would treat him more like a trap rather than a tank. If you want to promote his longevity, you can also just run Triangle Adept on him and he should be able to tank green units for a long time.

On 3/20/2018 at 8:12 PM, LordFrigid said:

Flame Siegmund
[Your favorite assist, probably Reposition on a Horse team]
Moonbow, Luna, or Aether
Death Blow 3
Solar Brace or Desperation 3
[Probably Hone or Fortify Cavalry]
Attack + or Heavy Blade

Thanks for the tips! I will definitely take this into consideration.

On 3/20/2018 at 7:42 PM, XRay said:

Just give him a regular Ephraim build and merge your +Spd one into a +Atk one when you pull him in the future. Here is something cheap and basic:

Siegmund [Special], Moonbow/Luna
Death Blow, Desperation/Renewal, Hone Speed
Brash Assault/Heavy Blade

I recommend checking out Ephraim's analysis page.

On 3/20/2018 at 5:01 PM, Zangetsu said:

Thanks for your advice! I appreciate this.

I have a spare Ninian from the Spring banner. I want to keep my current one, so should I use her to give Fortify Dragons to one of my other dragons (at the moment, Adult!Tiki, Nowi, and Fae would be my options, since Myrrh and Grima have their own dragon-buffs that I would be using on an all-dragon team), or should I +1 the Ninian that I actually use?

6 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I have a spare Ninian from the Spring banner. I want to keep my current one, so should I use her to give Fortify Dragons to one of my other dragons (at the moment, Adult!Tiki, Nowi, and Fae would be my options, since Myrrh and Grima have their own dragon-buffs that I would be using on an all-dragon team), or should I +1 the Ninian that I actually use?

Foddering is fine, especially so if you are not using her in Arena, since that is the primary mode where merging matters. If you are using her in Arena, there are other ways of increasing your score such as running Aether along with her default Escape Route.

My phone died and it will take some time to order a new one. Is it possible to play Heroes that started on an Android phone, but play it on an i-phone (my wife's)? My account is linked to Nintendo but I'm not sure if there are distinct "android" and "apple" accounts or not.

Edited by NekoKnight