"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Can I summon neutral IV units ? Today I got a neutral Loki I'm my main account and a neutral H!Mia in a temporary account I had. Is this normal or I have done something?

Yes, it’s perfectly normal to summon neutral-nature units.

(Sorry if this has already been asked a lot before, it's hard to search in this thread...)

How do you get the "light" version of the game (as it uses a lot of space in my phone's memory) ? I tried uninstalling it and downloading it again but I can only find the "heavy" version. Is it somewhere in the game's settings ? (I'm on Android)

16 minutes ago, Lakmé said:

(Sorry if this has already been asked a lot before, it's hard to search in this thread...)

How do you get the "light" version of the game (as it uses a lot of space in my phone's memory) ? I tried uninstalling it and downloading it again but I can only find the "heavy" version. Is it somewhere in the game's settings ? (I'm on Android)

It's in "Misc." -> "Change Data quality". 

But the audio is really bad in lite mode. 

I am so nervous about using resources i swear. 
As I need Dew i am going to refine some weapons so i am using Ethlyn (as I use her all the time) to make the Wrathful Fear. is that good? (I don't have Wrazzle Dazzle or anything). i'm not sure what else or who else to refine -as I can't do the Brave bow, but i can do a lot of the PA Dancers stuff, Morgan's Blarserpent (When I upgrade Soliel, her Firesweep sword and Legault's "The Cleaner+)

and I i can't upgrade Jaffar or Nephenee's until i get like 400 Dew. so i need to refine something

I'm guessing that Wrathful Fear (foe can not counter attack) is the better option than the one where it says
After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Atk-7 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions. Damage from unit's staff will be calculated the same as other weapons.?

15 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I'm guessing that Wrathful Fear (foe can not counter attack) is the better option than the one where it says

Foe cannot counter attack is Dazzling Staff.
Damage will be calculated in full is Wrathful Staff.

Yeah, Dazzling is often the most useful refinement option/B slot because of how it opens up harrassment options for your staffbot. It can be combined with Wrathful as B/refinement respectively, too, for a powerful colour-indifferent magical damage option.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Foe cannot counter attack is Dazzling Staff.
Damage will be calculated in full is Wrathful Staff.

Yeah, Dazzling is often the most useful refinement option/B slot because of how it opens up harrassment options for your staffbot. It can be combined with Wrathful as B/refinement respectively, too, for a powerful colour-indifferent magical damage option.

Got it

So if i had say Elise or whatever, who came with the skill slot (to be begin with) and the refinement just makes it a bit more deadly. where as with my staffbot, it's just like well you don't have Elise/Genny/Veronica, so we'll give you a slightly okay option (haha)

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

So if i had say Elise or whatever, who came with the skill slot (to be begin with) and the refinement just makes it a bit more deadly. where as with my staffbot, it's just like well you don't have Elise/Genny/Veronica, so we'll give you a slightly okay option (haha)

Yeah, pretty much. Everyone can get a taste of the Dazzling/Wrathful action with the refinement options, haha.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, pretty much. Everyone can get a taste of the Dazzling/Wrathful action with the refinement options, haha.

okay. i'll bite the bullet and Wrathful Fear  Ethlyn. she's been a trooper for me. She deserves more firepower. (though not having the counterattack would be nice. well i need the dew so both work and she has the SP for it lol)

35 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

okay. i'll bite the bullet and Wrathful Fear  Ethlyn. she's been a trooper for me. She deserves more firepower. (though not having the counterattack would be nice. well i need the dew so both work and she has the SP for it lol)

They need to introduce refinements quicker. At this point, I'm less interested in units getting buffs as I am in the opportunity to spend more stones without feeling like they're being wasted.

On 29/10/2018 at 12:17 AM, Baldrick said:

They need to introduce refinements quicker. At this point, I'm less interested in units getting buffs as I am in the opportunity to spend more stones without feeling like they're being wasted.

i totally thought i responded to this. 
yah that makes total sense. 

i thought my Cherche was ready to go but i realised she had lance breaker.. i'm trying to figure out where i can get Axebreaker (oh, Laslow). 
so i might give her that. right now i don't really have any other expensive skills to give her. 

12 hours ago, daisy jane said:

i totally thought i responded to this. 
yah that makes total sense. 

i thought my Cherche was ready to go but i realised she had lance breaker.. i'm trying to figure out where i can get Axebreaker (oh, Laslow). 
so i might give her that. right now i don't really have any other expensive skills to give her. 

If you want to ruin someone's day improve other people's gameplay, you can give Wings of Mercy to Cherche and pair her with a wall on Arena defense. Sigurd is a pretty nice wall since he can even tank Reinhardt and not die with the right skills (and assuming Reinhardt does not have Swordbreaker). You can also try BH!Ike and armor units as walls since they can take a beating too. Assuming the player is lazy and does not check your defense team for skills, they might leave your wall alive at low HP and then your Cherche can swoop in and ambush their units.

If you are controlling Cherche yourself, besides Breakers, you can try Hit and Run. It works similarly to Firesweep-Hit and Run on fliers; Brave Weapons generally have better one round performance over Firesweep Weapons, but it is more risky for Brave nukes since they may die on the counter if they do not kill their target.

My current Silvia is +Res,-Def and I just pulled on that's +Atk, -Res. Wondering if I should merge the current into the +Atk one or nah because I kinda do like the high +Res for being able to eat Mage hits

Or should I just wait before merging?

1 minute ago, XRay said:

If you want to ruin someone's day improve other people's gameplay, you can give Wings of Mercy to Cherche and pair her with a wall on Arena defense. Sigurd is a pretty nice wall since he can even tank Reinhardt and not die with the right skills (and assuming Reinhardt does not have Swordbreaker). You can also try BH!Ike and armor units as walls since they can take a beating too. Assuming the player is lazy and does not check your defense team for skills, they might leave your wall alive at low HP and then your Cherche can swoop in and ambush their units.

If you are controlling Cherche yourself, besides Breakers, you can try Hit and Run. It works similarly to Firesweep-Hit and Run on fliers; Brave Weapons generally have better one round performance over Firesweep Weapons, but it is more risky for Brave nukes since they may die on the counter if they do not kill their target.

hahahaha
Thanks. 
I'll give up a clair for HIt + Run and the other Cherche can earn some WoM. (I need more cains (sigh).)
I was thinking about giving B!NInian a WOM as well

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

My current Silvia is +Res,-Def and I just pulled on that's +Atk, -Res. Wondering if I should merge the current into the +Atk one or nah because I kinda do like the high +Res for being able to eat Mage hits

Or should I just wait before merging?

I would just wait for a [+Atk, -Def] copy if you want save your fodder up for someone else in the mean time. If you need to use Silvia right now, I would go with [+Atk, -Res]. She still got massive Res and can tank Lilina +10 (Silvia will need Resistance +3 Sacred Seal though if Lilina +10 also got 6/0/0/0 buffs) even if you bane it. The +Atk is more important to let her take out dragons in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would just wait for a [+Atk, -Def] copy if you want save your fodder up for someone else in the mean time. If you need to use Silvia right now, I would go with [+Atk, -Res]. She still got massive Res and can tank Lilina +10 (Silvia will need Resistance +3 Sacred Seal though if Lilina +10 also got 6/0/0/0 buffs) even if you bane it. The +Atk is more important to let her take out dragons in my opinion.

Lucky me, I just got +Atk, -Def! I'll be throwing both into that one~ Thanks!

New Question:

I was trying to get a non tragic Tana and just pulled a -Spd, +Def one. My current one is +Spd, -Atk. Which is less tragic~

Edited by Landmaster

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I was trying to get a non tragic Tana and just pulled a -Spd, +Def one. My current one is +Spd, -Atk. Which is less tragic~

-Atk is always more salvageable due to access to Blade tomes, so I will go with [+Spd, -Atk].

i know people suggest Moonbow if they don't have Bonfire. but if i have a +def. Sumia (and intend to upgrade Reprisal to + def) it makes more sense to Bonfire right?
(I have like one more Robin at 4 star but a few Pallas and an Athena or two). 

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

i know people suggest Moonbow if they don't have Bonfire. but if i have a +def. Sumia (and intend to upgrade Reprisal to + def) it makes more sense to Bonfire right?

The only reason to pick Moonbow over Bonfire is the lower cooldown time. If Sumia is attacked in by a melee enemy she can double, she would activate Moonbow on the second hit but not Bonfire. Otherwise, she makes good use of Bonfire, especially since she can self-buff her def.

4 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Depends on the build. Which Special you use is dependent on the the rest of the build, especially the Weapon. For Arena, if the unit is meant to kill instead of cheer leading, you always want to activate a Special every time the unit enters combat. If she is running a Player Phase build, she should run cookie cutter Player Phase builds:

Spoiler

Performance:
Harmonic Lance [Spd] — Slaying Lance [Spd]
Moonbow
Atk/Spd Solo — Life and Death — Swift Sparrow — Fury
Desperation
Speed +3

Brave:
Brave Lance
Luna
Atk/Spd Solo — Life and Death
Desperation
Attack +3 — Speed +3

Firesweep:
Firesweep
Moonbow — Luna — Galeforce
Hit and Run — Poison Strike — Wings of Mercy
Speed +3 — Poison Strike — Heavy Blade

If she is running an Enemy Phase build, I am going to assume her nature is [+Def, -Res].

Generally, Spd tanks want Reprisal-Moonbow combo (swords and axes will have to make do with Wo for now). Def/Res tanks generally want Slaying-Ignis/Glacies. Sumia and other Spd+Def/Res tanks is kind of middle of the road, so you will need to use the calculator and mess around a bit. It seems like Slaying-Bonfire is the way to go.

I am using Andu2's calculator because arcticsilverfox's calculator seems to have some issues with Slaying Weapons right now.

Slaying
Enemy Phase [Filtered Full] 103:8:57
Enemy Phase [Sundere] 49:50:27
Enemy Phase [DPT] 15:14:11

Reprisal
Enemy Phase [Filtered Full] 104:13:51
Enemy Phase [Sundere] 41:55:30
Enemy Phase [DPT] 12:15:13

Sumias

Spoiler

Sumia (Ylissean Travelers) (5★ +def -res)  
Weapon: Slaying Lance+  
Refine: Slaying Lance+ - Def Bonus  
Assist: Reposition  
Special: Bonfire  
A: Sturdy Stance 2  
B: Quick Riposte 3  
S: Close Def 3  

— — — — — — —

Weapon: Reprisal Lance+  
Refine: Reprisal Lance+ - Spd Bonus  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Kestrel Stance 2  
S: Darting Stance 3 

Filtered Full

Spoiler

ENEMIES - FILTERED FULL LIST  
Include: melee, red, blue, green, gray, physical, magical, infantry, cavalry, flying, armored, staff, nonstaff  
Rarity: 5★  
Merge: +5  
Boon: +spd  
Replace Special: true  
A: Fury 3  
Replace A: true 

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Depends on the build. Which Special you use is dependent on the the rest of the build, especially the Weapon. For Arena, if the unit is meant to kill instead of cheer leading, you always want to activate a Special every time the unit enters combat. If she is running a Player Phase build, she should run cookie cutter Player Phase builds:

Reveal hidden contents

Performance:
Harmonic Lance [Spd] — Slaying Lance [Spd]
Moonbow
Atk/Spd Solo — Life and Death — Swift Sparrow — Fury
Desperation
Speed +3

Brave:
Brave Lance
Luna
Desperation
Attack +3 — Speed +3

Firesweep:
Firesweep
Moonbow — Luna — Galeforce
Hit and Run — Poison Strike — Wings of Mercy
Speed +3 — Poison Strike — Heavy Blade

If she is running an Enemy Phase build, I am going to assume her nature is [+Def, -Res].

Generally, Spd tanks want Reprisal-Moonbow combo (swords and axes will have to make do with Wo for now). Def/Res tanks generally want Slaying-Ignis/Glacies. Sumia and other Spd+Def/Res tanks is kind of middle of the road, so you will need to use the calculator and mess around a bit. It seems like Slaying-Bonfire is the way to go.

I am using Andu2's calculator because arcticsilverfox's calculator seems to have some issues with Slaying Weapons right now.

Slaying
Enemy Phase [Filtered Full] 103:8:57
Enemy Phase [Sundere] 49:50:27
Enemy Phase [DPT] 15:14:11

Reprisal
Enemy Phase [Filtered Full] 104:13:51
Enemy Phase [Sundere] 41:55:30
Enemy Phase [DPT] 12:15:13

Sumias

Hide contents

Weapon: Slaying Lance+  
Refine: Slaying Lance+ - Def Bonus  
Special: Bonfire  
A: Sturdy Stance 2  
S: Close Def 3  

— — — — — — —

Weapon: Reprisal Lance+  
Refine: Reprisal Lance+ - Spd Bonus  
A: Kestrel Stance 2  
S: Darting Stance 3 

Filtered Full

Hide contents

ENEMIES - FILTERED FULL LIST  
Include: melee, red, blue, green, gray, physical, magical, infantry, cavalry, flying, armored, staff, nonstaff  
Rarity: 5★  
Merge: +5  
Boon: +spd  
Replace Special: true  
A: Fury 3  
Replace A: true 

thanks,! yah she's  + def/-spd. (I am pretty sure is what i recorded. yup. double checked. that's what i have)
I did pull an extra robin today so i can give up a bonfire for her. I was also going to run Close Def (which she has), Quick Ris 2 and Atk Smoke 3. which i gave her from Kaze. but i could wait on that. Hmm. who has a slaying lance? (Or is that something i can refine for her out of her toolkit)

5 hours ago, Baldrick said:

The only reason to pick Moonbow over Bonfire is the lower cooldown time. If Sumia is attacked in by a melee enemy she can double, she would activate Moonbow on the second hit but not Bonfire. Otherwise, she makes good use of Bonfire, especially since she can self-buff her def.

thanks!

second question. 
Neutral S!Tana
-Spd S!Tana (makes my Neutral S!Tana +1 spd, 1+ atk)
now i have a +Atk - res Tana. 

So i am assuming what i want to do is 
Feed -Spd into Neutral (Up that Speed)
Feed  that Merge into my + Atk Tana? 

44 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

second question. 

Neutral S!Tana
-Spd S!Tana (makes my Neutral S!Tana +1 spd, 1+ atk)
now i have a +Atk - res Tana. 

So i am assuming what i want to do is 
Feed -Spd into Neutral (Up that Speed)
Feed  that Merge into my + Atk Tana? 

The order doesn't matter unless you're managing SP.

44 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

What is better for Male Grima? Hp+/Res- or Def+/Hp-

The latter. They have the same offense, but he trades 6 HP for 3 Def and 4 Res, which is a good trade since he has good bulk..