"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

17 minutes ago, Granny said:

Can someone help me with Kliff? I really like him but was only able to pull 2 of him: +Atck -  Hp and +Atck -Spd. Could I fix that by using the Fortress Res/Def seal? I know I could just give him a Bladetome, but that would feel weird since I got Mae, Tailtiu and so many others who feel more suited to that role. Any ideas how to use him?

Saggitae is fine as budget. Go for the +atk -hp one. Use the other one as chill spd fodder. Fortress is pretty okay IMO as it just makes Saggitae easier to proc and gives him extra bulk

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Saggitae is fine as budget. Go for the +atk -hp one. Use the other one as chill spd fodder. Fortress is pretty okay IMO as it just makes Saggitae easier to proc and gives him extra bulk

Thank you!

I'll save the copy for now, I'm always indecisive about who to give rare skills to.

So of the three who got their special weapons recently, who seems like a good choice for promotion, keeping in mind I'll probably be going for their Special Refines?

I have Bartre with +Atk -Def and +Def -Res, Shanna with +Spd -HP, and Florina with +Def -Spd.

Bartre will most likely be +Def since that's a pretty sizable boost to defense while not losing much in the way of Atk, stacking both the refine Fury and his already owned Fury. I'm not sure if I'd want to let him run Quick Riposte, since he'd need high maintenance healing to keep it active, but I'm willing to do it if need be.

Shanna... well, it's obvious what'll happen to someone who has a Lance version of Hauteclere. I'm not decided on if I want to put Life and Death or Fury on her, since her Fury boosted Res is decent enough for Speed Ploy to help fix the difference in Spd between Fury and LnD3.

Florina doesn't seem like she'd be that different from Florinas of the past, besides running Iceberg over Glacies.

I'm leaning most towards Bartre since I'm fairly short on Greens who can take on Armors effectively, but second opinions would be nice to have.

Edited by Xenomata

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

So of the three who got their special weapons recently, who seems like a good choice for promotion, keeping in mind I'll probably be going for their Special Refines?

I have Bartre with +Atk -Def and +Def -Res, Shanna with +Spd -HP, and Florina with +Def -Spd.

Bartre will most likely be +Def since that's a pretty sizable boost to defense while not losing much in the way of Atk, stacking both the refine Fury and his already owned Fury. I'm not sure if I'd want to let him run Quick Riposte, since he'd need high maintenance healing to keep it active, but I'm willing to do it if need be.

Shanna... well, it's obvious what'll happen to someone who has a Lance version of Hauteclere. I'm not decided on if I want to put Life and Death or Fury on her, since her Fury boosted Res is decent enough for Speed Ploy to help fix the difference in Spd between Fury and LnD3.

Florina doesn't seem like she'd be that different from Florinas of the past, besides running Iceberg over Glacies.

I'm leaning most towards Bartre since I'm fairly short on Greens who can take on Armors effectively, but second opinions would be nice to have.

If you just need a cheap blue armor counter, I would just slap [armor effective Weapon, Glimmer, Triangle Adept, Breaker/Quick Riposte] onto some 4*+10 units.

For Bartre himself, if you do not like Quick Riposte, you can give him Desperation-Brash Assault. After he tanks a good hit, he should be in Brash Assault range with dual Fury and should be able to kill most armors and units easily. For his Special, I would go with Glimmer or Moonbow in case the armor he is tanking is not doubling him in his first round of combat, so he will always have a Special ready to go on his second round of combat.

I personally prefer Quick Riposte so he can just tank and kill in his first round of combat, and since you can just pick a team full of counters, it is not necessary for him to do more than one round of combat.

Guys, now that they can be +10'ed, how would you build LA!Eliwood and Black Knight? Since BK has innate DC, I was considering if giving him double Distant Defense would be useful. Double Close Defense is another option I've been thinking about. Since Black Luna has 3 CD, I don't think Steady Breath is necesary. Would you give them Bold Fighter, Vengeful Fighter or Wary Fighter (this one for babysitting in Arena)? And how would you build Eliwood? Maybe with Heavy Spear?

19 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Guys, now that they can be +10'ed, how would you build LA!Eliwood and Black Knight? Since BK has innate DC, I was considering if giving him double Distant Defense would be useful. Double Close Defense is another option I've been thinking about. Since Black Luna has 3 CD, I don't think Steady Breath is necesary. Would you give them Bold Fighter, Vengeful Fighter or Wary Fighter (this one for babysitting in Arena)? And how would you build Eliwood? Maybe with Heavy Spear?

If you need them to babysit, I would go with Galeforce and Wary Fighter and just slap on them whatever gives the highest SP. I prefer Galeforce over Aether so the babysitter has even less chance of accidentally killing something.

For dual phase Black Knight, you still want some sort of Breath on the A slot since he is not slow enough to activate Black Luna reliably. I prefer Warding Breath so he is able to tank magic hits from dragons a little better.

For LA!Eliwood, I would keep his default lance and let him be a tank. If you want to use him offensively, you could give him [Slaying Spear [Atk], Luna, Death Blow, Bold Fighter] to deal with other armor units.

Edited by XRay

With Heroic Grails and the 3/4* pool being what they are: what Blue (or Colourless, I suppose) units would recommend building to +10 for an Arena core? Infantry would be ideal but I can work with an Armoured unit if I have to.

(I have OG!Nino and OG!Eirika maxed out, so am good for Green and Red.)

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

With Heroic Grails and the 3/4* pool being what they are: what Blue (or Colourless, I suppose) units would recommend building to +10 for an Arena core? Infantry would be ideal but I can work with an Armoured unit if I have to.

Lukas, Donnel, Oboro

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Lukas, Donnel, Oboro

Did you pick those three because they'd work best with my team? If so I'll probably go with Lukas, since I like him and he's voiced by Greg Chun. Thanks!

Edited by DefyingFates

22 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Did you pick those three because they'd work best with my team? If so I'll probably go with Lukas, since I like him and he's voiced by Greg Chun. Thanks!

You mentioned infantry so yeah. I'd have recommended fliers, but you were looking for something

Edited by silveraura25

5 hours ago, XRay said:

If you just need a cheap blue armor counter, I would just slap [armor effective Weapon, Glimmer, Triangle Adept, Breaker/Quick Riposte] onto some 4*+10 units.

For Bartre himself, if you do not like Quick Riposte, you can give him Desperation-Brash Assault. After he tanks a good hit, he should be in Brash Assault range with dual Fury and should be able to kill most armors and units easily. For his Special, I would go with Glimmer or Moonbow in case the armor he is tanking is not doubling him in his first round of combat, so he will always have a Special ready to go on his second round of combat.

I personally prefer Quick Riposte so he can just tank and kill in his first round of combat, and since you can just pick a team full of counters, it is not necessary for him to do more than one round of combat.

Not necessarily in need of a "cheap blue armor counter", but it's a fancy Slaying Hammer with Fury available to it. Plus I been meaning to build Bartre anyways, but halted all plans when he was announced to be getting a new weapon...

Anyways, that makes sense actually I'll look into keeping QR available for him. Should I stick to +Def -Res by the way? +Atk -Def is... alright I guess, but the loss of Defense on someone who can be so bulky hurts a tad.

Out of Garon, Lyon, and Walhart. Who is the best investment as a free to play user? In terms of how good they are overall?

I'm thinking on Garon since I don't have any dragon units built up. And he seems like a solid choice for this due to his excelent mixed defenses.

Walhart due to the lack of axe cavalry units available

and Lyon simply because he is my favorite villain in the series. (But at the same time, I have plenty of red tome users to work with at the moment)

Edited by Faellin

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

Out of Garon, Lyon, and Walhart. Who is the best investment as a free to play user? In terms of how good they are overall?

I'm thinking on Garon since I don't have any dragon units built up. And he seems like a solid choice for this due to his excelent mixed defenses.

and Lyon simply because he is my favorite villain in the series. (But at the same time, I have plenty of red tome users to work with at the moment)

I have no idea about competitive play but I've gotten a lot of mileage out Walhart myself. I haven't had a chance to use Garon and while Lyon is my favourite villain too (and I have him at 5*+3), he is kinda underwhelming :/

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Anyways, that makes sense actually I'll look into keeping QR available for him. Should I stick to +Def -Res by the way? +Atk -Def is... alright I guess, but the loss of Defense on someone who can be so bulky hurts a tad.

Either is fine in my opinion. For +Def, Bartre got 58 Atk (neutral, Axe of Virility, Fury) and that jumps to 87 with armor effectiveness, which should be more than sufficient to kill any armor unit in two hits.

If you want to go for a one shot build where his Def would not matter, Bartre can reach 67 Atk (+Atk, Axe of Virility, Death Blow, Attack +3) and that jumps to 100 with armor effectiveness. LA!Hector got 90 physical bulk with neutral nature, so Bartre should have no problem killing even the bulkiest green armor in one shot, although you may want to factor in skills and buffs too, so maybe make sure Bartre's allies got Hone Attack or go with an Atk Wave on his C slot.

7 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

LA!Eliwood is an armor unit, but he would allow you to score the highest. For infantry, I would recommend Nowi since she got access to Distant Counter in her Weapon and she scores decently well too.

If you do not care about score, Saias is good if you are into Ploys or you can just slap Blárblade on him. For colorless, if you want an archer, I recommend giving the archer Firesweep Bow to shut down counterattacks rather than Brave Bow since you already got a brute force nuke in Nino; Firesweep Bow is a bit expensive though. I recommend FH!Takumi if you do not want to worry about natures, but Klein and Jeorge are also fine. I do not recommend healers since they cannot run Poison Strike-Poison Strike like Firesweep archers, so they generally rely on Savage Blow-Savage Blow instead, which is a bit risky for Arena in my opinion.

If you plan to go with two ranged units, I recommend swapping out Eirika for a Dancer/Singer instead so you can utilize Dance/Sing-Reposition.

2 hours ago, Faellin said:

For Arena, I would go with Garon since he got access to Lightning Breath as a dragon. You can alternatively give him Distant Counter on the A slot and keep his exclusive Weapon.

Walhart's Wolfberg is crap in my opinion. For Brave Axe build, Frederick can do the same thing but he does score a little less.

Sophia is a little better than Lyon with her better Def; you can also customize her stat distribution more. Like Frederick, she does score a little lower compared to Lyon.

Edited by XRay

[1st.] Is Mikoto getting demoted to 4*? Problem is that the second account does not have a merge project and I am stuck between the new Florina (her weapon is cool) or Mikoto if she becomes a 4*. On the other hand I have built a cool Loki that made my -spd Veronica literally useless So isn't +10ing another healer useless?

[2nd.]Supposing Mikoto does get demoted should I invest in her or Florina?

[3rd.] Should I fodder the Veronica mentioned above to Loki for wrathful staff? I don't use her at all right now and it will help Loki a lot however Veronica has a great weapon.

[4rth.] Now the final question? Do skills carry over to merges? I pulled from the Eirika banner two Olivias. One had bad natures (the first), but I levelled her up and when I got a better one I merged the bad to the good. However, even though she was a lvl 1 with nothing, she had after the merge the skills of the previous one learnt(her base kit) and I just equiped them is this normal.

32 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

[1st.] Is Mikoto getting demoted to 4*? Problem is that the second account does not have a merge project and I am stuck between the new Florina (her weapon is cool) or Mikoto if she becomes a 4*. On the other hand I have built a cool Loki that made my -spd Veronica literally useless So isn't +10ing another healer useless?

[3rd.] Should I fodder the Veronica mentioned above to Loki for wrathful staff? I don't use her at all right now and it will help Loki a lot however Veronica has a great weapon.

[4rth.] Now the final question? Do skills carry over to merges? I pulled from the Eirika banner two Olivias. One had bad natures (the first), but I levelled her up and when I got a better one I merged the bad to the good. However, even though she was a lvl 1 with nothing, she had after the merge the skills of the previous one learnt(her base kit) and I just equiped them is this normal.

1) We don't know for sure which of the new units will be demoted. Right now Mikoto does seem the likliest, as she does not have a personal weapon, brings a seasonal weapon to the regular summoning pool as Libra did with Wo Gun and Kaze did with Barb Shuriken, and would introduce Brazen Atk/Res to the 4* pool as Ares did with Brazen Atk/Def, but it's just as likely there won't be a demotion in the first place, given the power behind Flash.

...then again, I don't think non-limited quanity Alts have gotten dropped to 4* yet...

2) Florina's new weapon makes her a great enemy-phase asset, boosting her defensive ability even further, while also coming with free armor-effectiveness. Mikoto, on the other hand, would come with one of the better weapons she could have by default, and Staff units are among the best offensive and offensive support units in the game with the many effects behind the staves they wield, all of which can't be counterattacked, but will be expensive to build (which you do at least have Wrathful Staff fodder), and this goes off the assumption she gets demoted.

3) Do not give Loki Wrathful Staff. Thökk, her personal weapon, has Wrathful Staff built in by default, and there's not much reason to take away Loki's only real notable trait that separates her from other Infantry Staff units.

4) Yes, they do. All learned skills, regardless if they were unlocked by the unit, will be carried over to the unit receiving the merge. So your new Olivia would have all the learned skills of the old Olivia, as well as any inherited skills, so if you gave old Olivia Moonbow, new Olivia would have it as well.

Just saying, there is nothing wrong with focusing on more than one healer. As said before, they are among the best nukes in the game right now, being able to inflict raw damage which the enemy can't counterattack, as well as inflicting deadly statuses that either hinder the opposition or flat out greatly hurts them. Veronica especially has a powerful Spectrum debuff equal to Peshkatz that the enemy cannot stop.

@XRay That's... actually why didn't I think of that beforehand, that's literally what some of my other armor killers are doing.

Noted, thanks. Will probably switch to +Atk -Res the moment it becomes available to me, but I'm not expecting it to anytime soon.

EDIT: WELP NEVER FREAKING MIND THE BARTRE I THOUGHT WAS +ATK WAS +HP GOD FREAKING... at least the +Def -Res is actually +Def -Res...

Edited by Xenomata

7 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Is Mikoto getting demoted to 4*?

No one knows.

7 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

On the other hand I have built a cool Loki that made my -spd Veronica literally useless So isn't +10ing another healer useless?

Loki cannot do what Veronica does since Loki cannot wield Hliðskjálf. Depending on your play style, you may want to +10 multiple units of the same type eventually, so you can just use the same team over and over again in Arena Assault, Chain Challenges, etc. For example, I love Firesweep archers so I built four of them up (although only 2 are +10) and I am waiting for Bold Fighter to build my fifth one. I also got 5 or 6 Firesweep healers built up already too, although only one is +10.

15 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

They fulfill different roles, so it depends on what you need more. Mikoto is a support unit with good nuking potential; Florina is a tank.

17 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Loki does not need Wrathful Staff since she got it in her Weapon.

18 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Skills and Blessings carry over. You can preview what happens on the Merge Allies screen by tapping/selecting the <After> character portrait and then tap the magnify icon in the upper left hand corner to view the final result's character page.

27 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you do not care about score, Saias is good if you are into Ploys

Saias has served me well thus far so this is tempting. I also have a Faye I never use for Firesweep fodder. I'm reluctant to drop Eirika since she works so well with Nino (not only is she a great buffer, she also has Swordbreaker to handle DC Sword units), but I have tried swapping her out for PAzura a few times in the past.

So if I'm to use a physical unit, is F!Corrin good? I've given my (unmerged) copy Lightning Breath already so apart from stats she's in the same place as a Nowi (and I'm not a fan of Nowi so would rather not use her), or should I just commit to Eliwood?

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

So if I'm to use a physical unit, is F!Corrin good? I've given my (unmerged) copy Lightning Breath already so apart from stats she's in the same place as a Nowi (and I'm not a fan of Nowi so would rather not use her), or should I just commit to Eliwood?

F!Corrin hits like a wet noodle though, but if you want her to babysit your Bonus unit, then that is actually a good thing in my opinion.

LA!Eliwood is fine, but personally, I hate using armor units since they are so slow movement wise, but if you are willing to put up with it, you can use him too.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

F!Corrin hits like a wet noodle though, but if you want her to babysit your Bonus unit, then that is actually a good thing in my opinion.

So you're saying the Dark Breath debuffing build I see everywhere is the ideal one for her? :p

As for Eliwood, I was considering the Armored Boots seal, but hmm...well, I didn't expect to find an answer in one day anyway xD

If I were to use Eliwood though; mine currently has QR2: is his speed enough that I should just get him QR3 or should I give him Bold Fighter (from the Hardin I never use)?

P.S. I won't do this right away, so don't worry about me killing a comrade for something I'll regret soon after.

17 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

So you're saying the Dark Breath debuffing build I see everywhere is the ideal one for her? :p

As for Eliwood, I was considering the Armored Boots seal, but hmm...well, I didn't expect to find an answer in one day anyway xD

If I were to use Eliwood though; mine currently has QR2: is his speed enough that I should just get him QR3 or should I give him Bold Fighter (from the Hardin I never use)?

P.S. I won't do this right away, so don't worry about me killing a comrade for something I'll regret soon after.

Both Dark Breath or Lightning Breath are fine. Lightning Breath is cheaper in the sense that you do not need to sacrifice a Hector to soften up ranged units when they initiate, but you do not get the debuff though.

For LA!Eliwood, assuming you want him to kill stuff instead of babysitting, I recommend either an Enemy Phase build or a dual phase build:

Enemy Phase
Casa Blanca [Spd/Def/Res] — Slaying Lance [Spd/Def/Res] — Berkut's Lance [Spd/Def/Res]
Swap
(Special depends on Weapon and A slot, but generally Bonfire, Iceberg, Ignis, Glacies, Aether, or Blue Flame)
Distant Counter — Breaths — Bonds
Quick Riposte — Special Fighter — Vengeful Fighter
Close Def — Distant Def — Quick Riposte

Dual Phase
Slaying Lance [Atk/Spd/Def/Res]
Swap
Bonfire — Iceberg
Distant Counter
Bold Fighter
Quick Riposte

Edited by XRay

I should have mentioned this but I switched Loki's default weapon( it's effect didn't fit with my playstyle) and gave her a pain+ so she doesn't have default wrathful effect and I am refining pain to help her. That is why I was thinking about it. On the other hand Veronica's speed can be worked upon. And healers are good nukes.

Edited by SuperNova125

8 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I said Infantry for Arena scoring, but if you have effective flier suggestions I'd love to hear them!

Shanna, Est, Clair

49 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I should have mentioned this but I switched Loki's default weapon( it's effect didn't fit with my playstyle) and gave her a pain+ so she doesn't have default wrathful effect and I am refining pain to help her. That is why I was thinking about it. On the other hand Veronica's speed can be worked upon. And healers are good nukes.

I would still recommend keeping AOTB!Veronica for now for copying strategy videos. For Loki, I would just wait until a Focus featuring Dazzling Staff or Wrathful Staff to show up and give it to Loki then. If you like healer nukes, I recommend looking into Firesweep archers and grab a few Fayes when she shows up on a Focus. You may also want to summon A!Mikoto as well in the upcoming Adrift Focus.