"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, QuestionMaster said:

I was wondering if I messed up my surtr? And if I didn’t what to add for the last skill.

4697D3FD-2F26-4123-86B1-3FC4A9CDBF1F.png

Dual Phase:
+Def/Res, -Spd
Slaying Axe [Def] — Slaying Axe [Res]
Swap
Ignis
Distant Counter
Bold Fighter
Ward Armor
Quick Riposte

Enemy Phase:
+Def/Res, -Spd
Wo Gùn [Def] — Wo Gùn [Res]
Swap
Ignis
Distant Counter
Vengeful Fighter
Ward Armor
Atk/Def Bond — Close Def

Enemy Phase:
+Def/Res, -Spd
Wo Gùn [Def] — Wo Gùn [Res]
Swap
Bonfire
Distant Counter
Guard
Ward Armor
Quick Riposte

Enemy Phase:
+Def/Res, -Spd
Slaying Axe [Def] — Slaying Axe [Res]
Swap
Aether
Distant Counter
Vengeful Fighter
Ward Armor
Atk/Def Bond — Close Def

If you want to play with his gimmick:
+Atk, -Spd
Sinmara
Swap
Moonbow
Distant Counter
Wary Fighter
Surtr's Menace
Atk/Def — Attack +3 — Atk/Def Bond

Gimmick:
+Atk, -Spd
Sinmara
Swap
Bonfire
Distant Counter
Wary Fighter
Surtr's Menace
Heavy Blade — Quickened Pulse

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

why does he need a specific phase for dueling people?

Spelling is hard in the morning.

At 325k feathers I decided to give Sakura two merges and give her one of my spare Takumi for CC. She's -HP +Spd to avoid being doubled by absolutely everyone. 

I was wondering what weapon and C skill would be the best for her. I was thinking of Defense Wave and Close Defense for her seal, but what weapon would fit? Absorb?

36 minutes ago, Thane said:

At 325k feathers I decided to give Sakura two merges and give her one of my spare Takumi for CC. She's -HP +Spd to avoid being doubled by absolutely everyone. 

I was wondering what weapon and C skill would be the best for her. I was thinking of Defense Wave and Close Defense for her seal, but what weapon would fit? Absorb?

If you are giving her Close Counter, you might as well give her a build that abuses the AI:
+Atk, -HP
Pain [Wrathful Staff]
(Any Assist)
Miracle
Close Counter
Vantage
Savage Blow
Savage Blow

Sakura is pretty slow, so there is no point in giving her +Spd unless you Spd stack her all the way. Even if you Spd stack her, she will only reach 39 Spd, which is not really enough in my opinion unless you can also hit the enemy with Slow or Chill Spd.
+Spd
Slow [Wrathful Staff]
(Any Assist)
Miracle
Speed +3 — Close Counter
Chill Spd — Dazzling Staff — Null Follow-Up
(Any C)
Speed +3

Edited by XRay

Guys need some help with this lil one:

Spoiler

5bfbf50378e20_FEHUnitBuilder-Clair(1).thumb.png.b0357ee299eb337b8994cae42dab67c7.png

So she will be used in a tactics team, and she will receive most of the time def/atk/res tactic (the c slot will be for spd tactics for the others or guidance)...But as she stands in this build, it is ok for an enemy phase too? should i need to change something?! Phantom speed is necessary or +3 speed is enough?! Or clair is just crap and im trying to use pure dirt?! /o/

Edited by Eilanzer

19 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

So she will be used in a tactics team, and she will receive most of the time def/atk/res tactic (the c slot will be for spd tactics for the others or guidance)...But as she stands in this build, it is ok for an enemy phase or you guys think i need to change something?! Phantom speed is necessary or +3 speed is enough?! Or clair is just crap and im trying to use pure dirt?! /o/

She wants to go player phase and boost her attack/speed, and res if she has a cold special. There are too many good ranged cavs and Bold Fighter armours for her to reliably enemy phase. Glimmer makes her even more dependent on effective damage, which is OK if that's her role. I would go for speed+3 over phantom speed because she needs to double to get the full benefit of her weapon.

@Baldrick Do you think she will need spd tactics or just the speed +3 will be fine? I was looking to put the spd tactics in her c slot, and make her receive from the others def/atk/res but i can change if that is priority over the other buffs.

Edited by Eilanzer

5 hours ago, Eilanzer said:

Hide contents

5bfbf50378e20_FEHUnitBuilder-Clair(1).thumb.png.b0357ee299eb337b8994cae42dab67c7.png

So she will be used in a tactics team, and she will receive most of the time def/atk/res tactic (the c slot will be for spd tactics for the others or guidance)...But as she stands in this build, it is ok for an enemy phase too? should i need to change something?! Phantom speed is necessary or +3 speed is enough?! Or clair is just crap and im trying to use pure dirt?! /o/

You want Speed +3. Phantom Spd does not help Clair double.

I lean towards Moonbow so Clair can take on other bulky non-armor, non-cavalry units.

Clair should receive Tactic buffs to her Atk/Spd/Def; she does not need more Res. Dragons are not getting past her 36 Res, and Clair generally should not be taking hits from mages if she does not have Distant Counter.

8 hours ago, Eilanzer said:

@Baldrick Do you think she will need spd tactics or just the speed +3 will be fine? I was looking to put the spd tactics in her c slot, and make her receive from the others def/atk/res but i can change if that is priority over the other buffs.

speed+3 might be enough, armours and cabs tend to have low to average speed. But whether you use speed tactic for her c skill depends on her teammates. Because tactic users can’t buff themselves, you should give the tactic skills to the unit that needs that buff the least.

Hey guys. I'm going to build up my Alfonse and Sharena for Arena.

Sharena will be triple Bond, Dual Rally, Aether. Her B and C skills are blanks for now. Would a Smoke skill work in her C slot or are ther more viable options? I thought about WoM on her B slot, but since I'll be going for kills with her, it wouldn't be reliable as the other units would be supporting her and not jumping to battles for the most part. Maybe Escape Route?

Alfie will be rocking triple Brazen, also with Dual Rally and Aether. Here I could go with Vantage on B on the same way I'm playing with Anna (I had her with dual Brazen this week and Vantage worked out great). For his C skill I have no idea. Smoke?

27 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Hey guys. I'm going to build up my Alfonse and Sharena for Arena.

Sharena will be triple Bond, Dual Rally, Aether. Her B and C skills are blanks for now. Would a Smoke skill work in her C slot or are ther more viable options? I thought about WoM on her B slot, but since I'll be going for kills with her, it wouldn't be reliable as the other units would be supporting her and not jumping to battles for the most part. Maybe Escape Route?

Alfie will be rocking triple Brazen, also with Dual Rally and Aether. Here I could go with Vantage on B on the same way I'm playing with Anna (I had her with dual Brazen this week and Vantage worked out great). For his C skill I have no idea. Smoke?

If you're running them for bonus kills, I actually highly recommend Threaten Atk or Threaten Def on the C slot. Assisted solos are probably the one situation where Threaten skills are the most beneficial because you want the soloer to have a C skill that benefits themselves instead of only the rest of the team.

Smoke skills are similar, though are a bit less reliable since you need to fight a round of combat first to activate them. Wave skills are also good if you aren't running full Tactic buffs already, but have the problem of only being active half the time (and being expensive).

Savage Blow is decent if you aren't worried about enemies with Vantage, but has the limitation that it only works on player phase.

As for a B skill, Quick Riposte is always a good skill for boosting your first-round performance, though Vantage works well when you're running a lot of Brazen skills. Desperation also works well if you also run Brash Assault as your Sacred Seal. And then there's always Renewal, which can help boost your sustain and stall the enemy.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Well, on the subject of Speed Tactic, I just got a Yoogle. I was going to fodder her off, but she's +spd -def. Should I really throw away a nature like this? It's not like Sheena can't function without Speed Tactic, but she was really looking forward to it.

5 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Well, on the subject of Speed Tactic, I just got a Yoogle. I was going to fodder her off, but she's +spd -def. Should I really throw away a nature like this? It's not like Sheena can't function without Speed Tactic, but she was really looking forward to it.

If you are going to use her eventually, then I would save her. Even though I hate Ayra and I would not use her anytime soon, I still plan to build her up and use her eventually in the far future, so I have kept her despite not having the best nature of her with [+Def, -Res].

If you do not care about Ylgr and you do not think you will ever use her, then foddering her off is fine.

On the topic of Ylgr, I got one and I am confused about some things. First, does sorcerery blade need only tomes to function or can it be activated with staffs and dragons too? As there are better units to use in my infantry team than smallzura. Also that is more general but tactic skills confuse me too. So Ylgr in the infantry team does not activate it but when I sent her for SP in tge ranged map with Veronica, Veronica got the +6 Speed at the beginning of the turn. However, at random turns the buff affected also smallzura (I didn't have wave skills or any stat boosters other than Spd tactic at the time). So how does it work? Can I use said skill in my infantry team, also if sorcerery blade works only with tomes what are some good skills to replace it with ( she is +Def +hp)?

Edited by SuperNova125

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

On the topic of Ylgr, I got one and I am confused about some things. First, does sorcerery blade need only tomes to function or can it be activated with staffs and dragons too?

Magic ally refer to only tome units. Ophelia's Missiletainn uses the same term and it counts only tome users. Linde's Aura and Merric's Excalibur distinguishes the difference between magic and staff allies, so if they were to include staff and dragon units in Sorcery Blade, they would have specified it in the description.

Also that is more general but tactic skills confuse me too. So Ylgr in the infantry team does not activate it but when I sent her for SP in tge ranged map with Veronica, Veronica got the +6 Speed at the beginning of the turn. However, at random turns the buff affected also smallzura (I didn't have wave skills or any stat boosters other than Spd tactic at the time). So how does it work? Can I use said skill in my infantry team

For Tactics to apply to a buffee, the buffee's movement type cannot consist of more than 2 members on the map.

Ylgr (Infantry) — Infantry — Infantry — Infantry
Infantry: 4
Infantry allies cannot receive buffs because there are more than 2 infantry units on the team. An infantry ally can get the buff if two other infantry allies die.

Ylgr (Infantry) — Infantry — Infantry — Cavalry
Infantry: 3
Cavalry: 1
Infantry allies cannot receive buffs because there are more than 2 infantry units on the team. An infantry ally can get the buff if the other infantry ally die.
Cavalry ally can receive buffs because there are 2 or less cavalry units on the team.

Ylgr (Infantry) — Infantry — Cavalry — Cavalry
Infantry: 2
Cavalry: 2
Infantry ally can receive buffs because there are 2 or less infantry units on the team.
Cavalry allies can receive buffs because there are 2 or less cavalry units on the team.

also if sorcerery blade works only with tomes what are some good skills to replace it with ( she is +Def +hp)?

Any A slot skill that buffs Atk and Spd commonly used by Player Phase units.

Edited by XRay

59 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

First, does sorcerery blade need only tomes to function or can it be activated with staffs and dragons too?

"Magic" always only refers to the three tome weapon types.

You can blame the English localization team for that. Japanese consistently uses "magic" to refer to the tome weapon types, but English uses "tome" for the Weaponbreaker, Valor, and Experience skills and skill descriptions and "magic" in skill descriptions for other skills.

Spoiler

So any good builds or skills to replace her A and C ones? I came up with Fury or the Spd blow skill(for spd/stats), windsweep, C skill and Flashing blade (along with windsweep and her weapon is pretty good), as an alternative when she is with infantries and without a tome ally nearby. Is it good what are some other options?

Edited by SuperNova125

So any good builds or skills to replace her A and C ones? I came up with Fury or the Spd blow skill(for spd/stats), windsweep, C skill and Flashing blade (along with windsweep and her weapon is pretty good), as an alternative when she is with infantries and without a tome ally nearby. Is it good what are some other options?

As always, it depends on what you need her to do; good builds are not universal. Builds in Arena prioritizes cheer leading and babysitting your bonus unit, which means you want your core team to have shit combat performance. On the other hand, builds in Aether Raids prioritizes performance.

Her C slot depends on her teammates. If her allies are nukes and Spd tanks, I would go with buffs that increase Atk/Spd. If her allies are slow tanks, then go with buffs that increase Def/Res. If you are not sure what you are doing, just stick with Hone Atk or Drive Atk.

If you do not know what you are going to do with her, just bench her and do not build her.

Player Phase: This prioritizes combat performance.
Sylgr
Reposition
Moonbow
Fury — Atk/Spd Solo — (Any A that boosts Atk and Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
Speed +3 — Flashing Blade

Sweep: This prioritizes Arena babysitting, i.e. severely cripples her combat performance.
Sylgr
(Any Assist)
(Any Special)
Fury — Atk/Spd Solo — (Any A that boosts Atk and Spd)
Windsweep — Watersweep
(Any C)
Phantom Spd — Poison Strike — Flashing Blade

Edited by XRay

5 hours ago, XRay said:

If you do not care about Ylgr and you do not think you will ever use her, then foddering her off is fine.

I wouldn’t use her over Lucina, but I can’t say I’ll never find a use for 44 speed before buffs with Echoes-style doubling. I’ll hang on to her for now.

For her sweep build, wouldn’t you want to prioritise her def over attack? For the unit she can sweep and it doesn’t matter, but for those she can’t sweep she’d want to neither kill nor be killed.

8 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

For her sweep build, wouldn’t you want to prioritise her def over attack? For the unit she can sweep and it doesn’t matter, but for those she can’t sweep she’d want to neither kill nor be killed.

For Sweepers, I prefer +Atk/Spd, but it does not really matter what the nature of your Sweeper is since their combat performance is shit either way. Enemies rarely die in one hit, at least in the higher tiers, and I generally do not let my units get initiated on unless it is an Enemy Phase unit. Since I cannot rely on Poison Strike on either of my slots for Sweepers, +Atk helps speed up weakening the enemy so the bonus unit can more easily get the kill. +Spd helps ensure Windsweep/Watersweep activate more consistently.

25 minutes ago, XRay said:

For Sweepers, I prefer +Atk/Spd, but it does not really matter what the nature of your Sweeper is since their combat performance is shit either way. Enemies rarely die in one hit, at least in the higher tiers, and I generally do not let my units get initiated on unless it is an Enemy Phase unit. Since I cannot rely on Poison Strike on either of my slots for Sweepers, +Atk helps speed up weakening the enemy so the bonus unit can more easily get the kill. +Spd helps ensure Windsweep/Watersweep activate more consistently.

I was thinking about the situation where you'd need, for example, a Watersweeper to weaken a physical DC unit, but on reflection you'd also have a Windsweeper for that.