"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

So I am in the middle of building my infantry team, I have Ylgr and Loki ready. But Owain, my original sword unit doesn't serve so well and I am thinking of foddering him off. Now, I got Leavatain from the L.Banner which is +Spd - Def. With Fury Leavatain reaches the great offensive spread of 39/37 and I am thinking of putting her in my team. On the other hand I have my adrift Corrin which is -Def, Fury fixes him a bit and sends him to 54/38/31/27 which is nice and with his weapon and Atk/Def bond seal send him to 65/43/36/27, when the condition is met. Now, Owain does for an excellent fodder for both these units, Leavatain can be a good wrath user (I believe) with her 37/43(at odd numbered turns) speed and the heavy blade seal and Corrin can make an excellent use of the blue flame special. Both of them will be added to the team( Leavatain permanently and Corrin temporarily as he will be exchanged with Smallzura at times ). So who to sacriface Owain to ?

I would give Corrin Blue Flame because it's rarer than Wrath (fwiw you can also give him Atk/Def Bond 2 or Wrath 2 if you have Bonfire fodder), and Leavatain's default B skill has excellent synergy with her weapon (if you can give her Atk/Def buffs another way, it's not a big deal).

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

So I am in the middle of building my infantry team, I have Ylgr and Loki ready. But Owain, my original sword unit doesn't serve so well and I am thinking of foddering him off. Now, I got Leavatain from the L.Banner which is +Spd - Def. With Fury Leavatain reaches the great offensive spread of 39/37 and I am thinking of putting her in my team. On the other hand I have my adrift Corrin which is -Def, Fury fixes him a bit and sends him to 54/38/31/27 which is nice and with his weapon and Atk/Def bond seal send him to 65/43/36/27, when the condition is met. Now, Owain does for an excellent fodder for both these units, Leavatain can be a good wrath user (I believe) with her 37/43(at odd numbered turns) speed and the heavy blade seal and Corrin can make an excellent use of the blue flame special. Both of them will be added to the team( Leavatain permanently and Corrin temporarily as he will be exchanged with Smallzura at times ). So who to sacriface Owain to ?

I would give Corrin Blue Flame because it's rarer than Wrath (fwiw you can also give him Atk/Def Bond 2 or Wrath 2 if you have Bonfire fodder), and Leavatain's default B skill has excellent synergy with her weapon (if you can give her Atk/Def buffs another way, it's not a big deal).

42 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Well, I was leaning more towards wrath Laevatein as she will be used more and her team gives her said Atk and Def buffs. However, Dragonic rage/Blue flame/Fury/wrath 2/ atk/def bond A!MCorrin also sounds nice. With what I saw so far by testing them getting Corrin to activate his weapon is quite hard for my playstyle which focuses around going straight into the enemy and destroying him (reason that Ylgr's sorcery blade didn't work for me). Also my Halloween Myhrr is -Def and now I fixed this giving her Fort Def/Res 3, let's say I get a Distant Counter and give it to her what seal could fix her 39 Def(with weapon on) to make her weapon activate nearly always (she has Surtr and Fortify armor near her)?

Edited by SuperNova125

Just had a stupid amount of luck and got 2 Bow Lucina's off my latest summon session. What i'm wondering is, which one is better? And which one would be better used as merge fodder?

The first one is +attack -HP

The second is  +speed -res

I'm just unsure since both of them seemed to have come out really good.

Edited by Faellin

1 minute ago, Faellin said:

Just had a stupid amount of luck and got 2 Bow Lucina's off my latest summon session. What i'm wondering is, which one is better? And which one would be better used as merge fodder?

The first one is +attack -HP

The second is  +speed -res

For general use, +Atk is generally better due to her already high Spd and the boosts from Thogn and Swift Sparrow.

However, +Spd can be useful in Abyssal difficulty maps or other modes where opponents with inflated stats appear or against ranged opponents where Thogn's effect doesn't activate.

Why is everyone trying to shoehorn Hrid into a Galeforce procer?! I mean thats what Legendary Ephraim or Brave Roy or Eliwood are there for.
I wish i had a -SPD/+RES Hrid. I mean one should take advantage of what makes Hrid unique: He is the only Red Cav that can play a mixed phase built.

36 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Why is everyone trying to shoehorn Hrid into a Galeforce procer?! I mean thats what Legendary Ephraim or Brave Roy or Eliwood are there for.
I wish i had a -SPD/+RES Hrid. I mean one should take advantage of what makes Hrid unique: He is the only Red Cav that can play a mixed phase built.

That's the stats I got, what setup would you be thinking about? For now I just slapped Distant Def seal on him and paired him with Clarine

3 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Well, I was leaning more towards wrath Laevatein as she will be used more and her team gives her said Atk and Def buffs. However, Dragonic rage/Blue flame/Fury/wrath 2/ atk/def bond A!MCorrin also sounds nice. With what I saw so far by testing them getting Corrin to activate his weapon is quite hard for my playstyle which focuses around going straight into the enemy and destroying him (reason that Ylgr's sorcery blade didn't work for me).

If you want Corrrin to charge while staying adjacent, you could use Draw Back. Have the binder go in front of him and Draw them towards the enemy. Corrin could also have Draw Back for when you still can’t reach.

Also my Halloween Myhrr is -Def and now I fixed this giving her Fort Def/Res 3, let's say I get a Distant Counter and give it to her what seal could fix her 39 Def(with weapon on) to make her weapon activate nearly always (she has Surtr and Fortify armor near her)?

atk/def bond is the best, close /distant def are enemy phase only.

Edited by Baldrick

So I got very blessed with pulling for my Ice Prince, and I ended up with three pretty good boon/bane combos I believe. I was wanting some advice on which one to keep in regards to how he'll be used.

I have:

+ATK/-RES, +DEF/-SPD, +DEF/-RES

His use:

Pretty sure I want to go with him being a baiter with DC being so useful and had planned to give him Aether, along with Renewal for increased sustainability for TT+ and QR 3 to double. Not planning on Arena use. Will probably also stick Heavy Blade SS on his as well for TT+ or ATK/DEF Bond. Basically want to have him tank enemies he baits, be able to heal if necessary, and obliterate in response.

2 hours ago, Baldrick said:

If you want Corrrin to charge while staying adjacent, you could use Draw Back. Have the binder go in front of him and Draw them towards the enemy. Corrin could also have Draw Back for when you still can’t reach.

atk/def bond is the best, close /distant def are enemy phase only.

Gonna do Corrin, blue flame is rarer than wrath also considering his defences and sometimes Fury (planning on giving him warding breath also to raise a bit his Res and for the fast recharge) going below 50% hp is gonna be easy. Leavatain will run wrath when I get another one from a nephene or something, or special spiral if I get a bad natured Lewyn. Now one last question, what are some good B skills for Leavatain?

1 hour ago, Liliesgrace said:

Pretty sure I want to go with him being a baiter with DC being so useful and had planned to give him Aether, along with Renewal for increased sustainability for TT+ and QR 3 to double. Not planning on Arena use. Will probably also stick Heavy Blade SS on his as well for TT+ or ATK/DEF Bond. Basically want to have him tank enemies he baits, be able to heal if necessary, and obliterate in response.

+Def - Spd, it's his best bane by far and it's a better boon for sustainability. I would recommend Heavy Blade no matter the boon, special acceleration is what he needs the most.

30 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Gonna do Corrin, blue flame is rarer than wrath also considering his defences and sometimes Fury (planning on giving him warding breath also to raise a bit his Res and for the fast recharge) going below 50% hp is gonna be easy. Leavatain will run wrath when I get another one from a nephene or something, or special spiral if I get a bad natured Lewyn. Now one last question, what are some good B skills for Leavatain?

Depends on what you want her to do. Desperation or Vantage would work well to help her secure kills at low health.

12 hours ago, XRay said:

She is really good fodder though. Shell Lance the best lance in the game for non-armor fast Player Phase nukes. For their first round performance, Shell Lance is undisputedly the best lance for them, as the Spd +2 on top of Spd Refinement is a pretty important boost. With Desperation active, the only thing you will lose from running [Shell Lance, Moonbow, Heavy Blade/Flashing Blade] over [Slaying Lance, Moonbow, Speed +3] is 1 stat point in Spd; in return for Spd -1, you gain Atk/Def/Res +2.

Oh ok, thanks. Then I'll give it to Shigure or maybe Azura. Tana might be a candidate but I guess she is better off with her own weapon?

This made me notice that I don't have a lot of player phase lance users. 

Two quick questions:

1. How does Hrids sword work? I mean I understand the conditions, but does it work more like i.e. Wary Fighter (which is only one layer to prevent doubles) or like Null follow-up which erases all layers of Breakers/Follow up prevention etc.? 

2. Which Summer Cordelia should I keep? +SPD/-RES or +ATK/-RES? I don't use her too often, therefore no merging. I'll use the spare copy to give OG Cordelia a new toy. 

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

1) The former;

Ah too bad, I thought I could cheese arena once. 

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

2) You seem to like Galeforce a lot, and Horse Cordelia’s 41 Spd (43 with her default weapon on player phase) it’s already quite a claim. I’d go with +Spd for that.

She is a GF candidate, but of low priority since already Oscar got the full GF set. (+ATK would make Heavy Blade proc more reliably btw.). 

I'm also tending to +SPD, but wasn't sure. Always hesitant to throw perfect natures away. 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

(+ATK would make Heavy Blade proc more reliably btw.). 

I'm also tending to +SPD, but wasn't sure. Always hesitant to throw perfect natures away. 

Why not both? Have the +Atk with Heavy and the +Spd with Flashing Blade.
Also Cordelia is infinitely cuter than Oscar.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Why not both? Have the +Atk with Heavy and the +Spd with Flashing Blade.

Na, I wouldn't use both, one would collect dust inevitably. Flashing Blade is castrated limited to infantry and armors btw. 

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Also Cordelia is infinitely cuter than Oscar.

She is. (but you advocating a seasonal?). 

Oscar already got a big load of skills (Galeforce, TA3, LnD3, twice refined Slaying Lance+, Brave+, Reposition, Draw Back, WoM, Desperation, Lunge, Drag Back, Knock Back, Breakers, Fortify/Hone Cavs etc.). Too bad I can't pass all at once. 

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

She is. (but you advocating a seasonal?). 

I mean, you don’t have the same bias/prejudice/whatever against the seasonals and are thus free to use them for anything.

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I mean, you don’t have the same bias/prejudice/whatever against the seasonals and are thus free to use them for anything.

Yes, I'm mostly free of bias etc. Cordelia on a horse always felt a little strange though. 

I'll sit on that spare copy for a while and if nobody comes with a reason for +ATK, OG Cordelia will get a new Lance. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Cordelia on a horse always felt a little strange though. 

Well, Cordelia can end up as bow knight (via reclass into mercenary) or dark knight (via reclass into dark mage) in Awakening so her riding a horse doesn’t look too farfetched.
Also pegasi are basically horses anyway. But with wings. 

I pulled a second Legendary Ryoma and I plan to merge into the current one. However, I can't decide which base is better. I was lucky enough to get two +Spds. My current one is +Spd -Def. My new one is +Spd -Res. I tend to play counter, where I let the enemy come to me rather than going at them. Which one is best? I tend to use him on a flier team with some other flier boys, so no mages currently, but that does include Summer Takumi. 

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Also pegasi are basically horses anyway. But with wings. 

DqsJIMgU0AA0s8h.png

"Betcha didn't know that, didja!?"

9 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

So I got very blessed with pulling for my Ice Prince, and I ended up with three pretty good boon/bane combos I believe. I was wanting some advice on which one to keep in regards to how he'll be used.

I have:

+ATK/-RES, +DEF/-SPD, +DEF/-RES

His use:

Hrid has an Attack Superboon, so I'd definitely recommend giving that your consideration, but as far as a more balanced tank type, +def/-spd is probably more efficient, since speed is a dump stat on Hrid that's made mostly obsolete with his prf weapon's effect. QR is also unnecessary, as Hrid's prf will secure you double attacks much more efficiently.

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

1. How does Hrids sword work? I mean I understand the conditions, but does it work more like i.e. Wary Fighter (which is only one layer to prevent doubles) or like Null follow-up which erases all layers of Breakers/Follow up prevention etc.? 

Null Follow-Up specifically says "disables skills" whereas Gjoll has the same type of wording (and behaves the same) as a Weaponbreaker skill.

Technically, the English version of Null Follow-Up's description is not completely accurate. It should say "disables skill effects" rather than skills themselves. I haven't tried yet, but given the Japanese description (which says "disables foe's 'unit makes a guaranteed follow-up' and 'foe cannot make a follow-up'"), it should block the guaranteed follow-up from Binding Shield, but should not block disabling the counterattack.

EDIT: Confirmed that Null Follow-Up does not block the counterattack disable from Binding Shield, meaning it only blocks skill effects, not skills altogether.

Edited by Ice Dragon