"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

57 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

In Aether Raids where it says Fortress (O) +1 LV up for a building (this week the Infantry nerf building) what does that mean?  Does it make your level 2 fortress and level 3 fortress, or is it for the bonus building itself or something else?

Yeah, if you have the bonus Structure (O) of the week, Aether Raids pretends your Fortress (O) is increased by 1 level.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

In Aether Raids where it says Fortress (O) +1 LV up for a building (this week the Infantry nerf building) what does that mean?  Does it make your level 2 fortress and level 3 fortress, or is it for the bonus building itself or something else?

It means that your Fortress (O) has a bonus level added to it because you're using a bonus structure.  For example, using Infantry School (at any level) for offense with a Level 2 Offensive Fortress adds one level to the fortress, so you effectively have a Lv. 3 Offensive Fortress (displayed Lv. 2 + 1, with the +1 in blue) as long you have the infantry school for that week.  Increasing the level of the bonus structure does NOT increase the bonus of the Fortress, e.g. a Level 2 Infantry School still only adds 1 level to the fortress.  The bonus structure itself doesn't increase in level.

EDIT: Kaze'd.

Edited by DarkAlf

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, if you have the bonus Structure (O) of the week, Aether Raids pretends your Fortress (O) is increased by 1 level.

7 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

It means that your Fortress (O) has a bonus level added to it because you're using a bonus structure.  For example, using Infantry School (at any level) for offense with a Level 2 Offensive Fortress adds one level to the fortress, so you effectively have a Lv. 3 Offensive Fortress (displayed Lv. 2 + 1, with the +1 in blue) as long you have the infantry school for that week.  Increasing the level of the bonus structure does NOT increase the bonus of the Fortress, e.g. a Level 2 Infantry School still only adds 1 level to the fortress.  The bonus structure itself doesn't increase in level.

EDIT: Kaze'd.

Thanks, I thought that was it, but wasn't sure.  Guess I'll have to waste my rocks now.

So I have two winter Eirikas a neutral one and a +Def -Atk who to keep (supposing that in the future so will get a healer in need of one of her stuffs). I also pulled a +Spd -Res Ephraim and I was wondering what to do with him? He doesn't have any useful skills to fodder and really I don't know what to do with him (any good builds) also does he work better with his special refine or flame Sigmund?

So i pulled a Winter Fae and im not a big fan of the unit/character in general but she has amazing skills! i dont know which one is more valuable. Armor march 3 or Vengeful fighter 3.

My Armor Team consists of Black Knight, Fallen Hardin, Brave Hector (Maltet) and Surtr. i was thinking either trade my black knights fortify armor out for armor march or hectors even res wave for armor march but there both good skills. For vengeful fighter hardin and hector already have bold fighter and black knights got quick riposte so i was thinking instead of Wary fighter on surtr give him vengeful fighter? 

These are the the ideas im having but need a veterans opinion. only been playing for about 6-7 months total (stopped playing after the first 2 months of release and picked it back up in August) 

28 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

So i pulled a Winter Fae and im not a big fan of the unit/character in general but she has amazing skills! i dont know which one is more valuable. Armor march 3 or Vengeful fighter 3.

My Armor Team consists of Black Knight, Fallen Hardin, Brave Hector (Maltet) and Surtr. i was thinking either trade my black knights fortify armor out for armor march or hectors even res wave for armor march but there both good skills. For vengeful fighter hardin and hector already have bold fighter and black knights got quick riposte so i was thinking instead of Wary fighter on surtr give him vengeful fighter? 

These are the the ideas im having but need a veterans opinion. only been playing for about 6-7 months total (stopped playing after the first 2 months of release and picked it back up in August) 

Armor March is more useful, but which one is more valuable depends on what units you're expecting to be more likely to fodder in the future. Vengeful Fighter's main issue in terms of usefulness and value is that Quick Riposte does almost the same thing and is much easier to get; however, Quick Riposte is noticeably weaker.

The availability of the skills are as follows:

Armor March:

• 2 regular summoning pool (Amelia, Brave Ephraim), both 5-star-exclusive and green
  • 5 seasonal (Halloween Henry, Winter Robin, Valentine Lyn, Halloween Myrrh, Winter Fae)

Vengeful Fighter:

• 1 regular summoning pool (male Grima), 5-star-exclusive and green
  • 1 Legendary Hero (Hector)
  • 3 seasonal (Winter Tharja, Halloween Myrrh, Winter Fae)

Though honestly, I'd personally recommend to keep Fae for gameplay purposes because she currently has the highest Res in the game and is a very convenient color for dealing with Reinhardt and Veronica.

I'd hate to ask, but the simulator I use doesn't currently have the new Christmas units in them for some reason...

Anyways, I have the following natures of Winter Eirika to work with: [+Res -HP], [+Hp -Res], and [Neutral].

~Res would improve on her magic bulk enough to potentially take no damage from attacks, at the expense of some of her potential physical bulk.

~+HP is a small boost to both bulks at the expense of taking more damage from magic attacks.

~Neutral is... well, neutral. No boost, no loss.

Which seems the most beneficial?

8 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

So I have two winter Eirikas a neutral one and a +Def -Atk who to keep (supposing that in the future so will get a healer in need of one of her stuffs). I also pulled a +Spd -Res Ephraim and I was wondering what to do with him? He doesn't have any useful skills to fodder and really I don't know what to do with him (any good builds) also does he work better with his special refine or flame Sigmund?

If you plan to use her offensively with Pain in the future, I would keep the neutral. If not, then I will keep +Def.

8 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

I also pulled a +Spd -Res Ephraim and I was wondering what to do with him? He doesn't have any useful skills to fodder and really I don't know what to do with him (any good builds) also does he work better with his special refine or flame Sigmund?

I would stick with Siegmund. Flame Siegmund's requirement to double needs him to have more enemies than allies around, and that is too high a price to pay in my opinion.

Siegmund [special]

Reposition -- (Any Assist)

Moonbow -- Galeforce

Death Blow -- Sturdy Blow

Mystic Boost -- Renewal

(Any C)

Attack +3 -- Atk/Def -- Heavy Blade

6 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

So i pulled a Winter Fae and im not a big fan of the unit/character in general but she has amazing skills!

6 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

My Armor Team consists of Black Knight, Fallen Hardin, Brave Hector (Maltet) and Surtr.

I agree with @Ice Dragon and I also recommend keeping her. If you like using armor units and their play style, it is a good idea to build multiple armor teams for Arena Assault and Blessed Gardens.

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

~Res would improve on her magic bulk enough to potentially take no damage from attacks, at the expense of some of her potential physical bulk.

+Res allows her to use Ploys and be a Chill Res bait. Her low mobility will make lining up enemies more difficult for Ploying though.

I do not recommend putting her on the front lines unless you overhaul her kit to a Pain build. Her problem is that she does not have access to a damage Special and will leave enemies alive, making you team more vulnerable to Vantage, Wings of Mercy, etc.

58 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

What's a really good A + C SKill for a +Def/-res HorseyChrom? 
(If I didn't want to use Fury (because i really really don't), and something to replace Sword Valour)

Fury helps him reach Sealed Falchion's HP range, but you can run Brazen Atk/Def instead so it will kick in when he gets damaged. Without Fury, he is pretty slow though, so you might want to use Desperation-Brash Assault. Since he has a maximum HP requirement, I do not recommend using him as an Enemy Phase unit.

C skill depends on the team. If you are not sure about the team, I recommend sticking with Hone Attack.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Fury helps him reach Sealed Falchion's HP range, but you can run Brazen Atk/Def instead so it will kick in when he gets damaged. Without Fury, he is pretty slow though, so you might want to use Desperation-Brash Assault. Since he has a maximum HP requirement, I do not recommend using him as an Enemy Phase unit.

C skill depends on the team. If you are not sure about the team, I recommend sticking with Hone Attack.

ooohhh. so there's actually a reason. I can keep it it's fine.
and i can do hone attack. :)

W!Tharja being -atk is still dooable, yes? (she's +res). 
I was going to give her Goad Armour (I am swmming in Gwendolyns) so i figure this would help. and reposition or swap. 

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

ooohhh. so there's actually a reason. I can keep it it's fine.

Yeah, just make sure to switch out his B slot if you plan to use him for more than one round per map since he needs Desperation for sustainability.

W!Tharja being -atk is still dooable, yes? (she's +res). 
I was going to give her Goad Armour (I am swmming in Gwendolyns) so i figure this would help. and reposition or swap. 

Should be fine. I would also give her Glacies to increase her damage output.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, just make sure to switch out his B slot if you plan to use him for more than one round per map since he needs Desperation for sustainability.

Should be fine. I would also give her Glacies to increase her damage output.

Okie dokes. :) thanks.

Glacies i can do that. and i figure with her threaten res works (since she's got close counter (and thus actually benefit from it)
this makes me happy i was like yes! then it was like crap. of course she's -atk. 

3 hours ago, XRay said:

+Res allows her to use Ploys and be a Chill Res bait. Her low mobility will make lining up enemies more difficult for Ploying though.

I do not recommend putting her on the front lines unless you overhaul her kit to a Pain build. Her problem is that she does not have access to a damage Special and will leave enemies alive, making you team more vulnerable to Vantage, Wings of Mercy, etc.

That... makes sense. I was kinda leaning toward +Res -HP anyways, but knowing she baits Chill Res cinches it for me.

Now I just have to decide on an A skill for her...

Small follow-up question, but would I use the other two Eirika's for Dazzling Staff fodder if I don't want to go for merges? I'm looking at the following facts for each of her other skills...

~Restore+ is available normally via Nanna, who is a 4* available unit, therefore the skill is not rare enough to consider using her for fodder for it. Same for Heavenly Light.

~Joyous Staff+ does not hold any post-combat benefits like other staves do, purely a supportive niche.

~Attack Opening only affects one unit at a time, meaning it and Joyous Staff+ are more or less meant for building a team around one unit, where other C skills that provide large Field Buffs allow for focusing on an entire team. Not to say I wouldn't use Eirika herself to do this, but only because she already comes with it...

The only thing against Dazzling Staff is that it to is in the normal summoning pool, but only on one other unit who is a 5* lock...

52 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

~Joyous Staff+ does not hold any post-combat benefits like other staves do, purely a supportive niche.

I lean towards the staff since seasonal Weapons with unique seasonal effects are rarely released into the regular pool. The only seasonal Weapon that was released into the regular pool so far is Candlelight via Flash, and that took like over year.

Dazzling Staff/Wrathful Staff can be sniped for, although you have to be patient and wait for the units to appear.

Attack Opening seems like a skill they might release into the regular pool, so I would just wait for it to release rather than sacrificing a Special Hero for it. It seems okay; it will always activate and it does not have positioning requirements, but it also only affects one unit at a time unless you put it on a permanent team where you can fine tune everyone's stats. I think it is great for players who has the resource to build permanent teams, or players who run teams that center around 1 nuke with multiple Dancers/Singers, but I am not sure if it is for everyone though.

For the A slot, I generally just stick with Attack +3 on all my healers so they heal more.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, XRay said:

oh i just caught this. 

so he should have. 
Fury (For sealed falchion)
Desperation (for long term use)
then C (being whatever).

i can do that. (need another Shanna as i just fed one into Nino), but i can do that. 
then i can decide what i'm going to do with the first one. (same natures, so i just figure someone could benefit from his Chill Skill or Aether. )

oh i just caught this. 

so he should have. 
Fury (For sealed falchion)
Desperation (for long term use)
then C (being whatever).

i can do that. (need another Shanna as i just fed one into Nino), but i can do that. 
then i can decide what i'm going to do with the first one. (same natures, so i just figure someone could benefit from his Chill Skill or Aether. )

Yeah. If he does not double enough against enemies, then you might also want to put Speed +3 on his Sacred Seal slot and maybe change his Fury to Life and Death. Alternatively, you can run Desperation-Brash Assault so he can double regardless of Spd, and switch his A slot to Death Blow or Brazen Atk/Def.

Chill Def is great on Cherche and LA!Roy, but you can also put it on support units like Dancers/Singers.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Swordsman said:

i want to run  the best horse emblem team as of now

I have Reinhardt, Veronica, Brave Lyn and Brave Roy.  

Any units i should get to improve ?

Unless you specifically need 4 cavalry to do a quest or something, I recommend swapping BH!Roy out for a Dancer/Singer.

10 hours ago, Swordsman said:

i want to run  the best horse emblem team as of now

I have Reinhardt, Veronica, Brave Lyn and Brave Roy.  

Any units i should get to improve ?

A green horse for coverage purposes.

Olwen with Thunderhead is probably the best one, Cecilia/Marth/Walhart are budget options.

@Ice Dragon @Astellius @LordFrigid @mampfoid @mcsilas @Alexmender @Landmaster @XRay @Hawk King

It's been a long time since I've asked for advice. I'll cut to the chase though, I'm going to supermerge my 10-11 Bartre copies and I'm trying to decide, +ATK/-HP or +SPD/-HP.

Spoiler

E4iQ21N.png

+ATK turns him into a hulking monstrosity able to nuke just about any blue armor and maybe even some greens. But...

Spoiler

82BOQzM.png

+SPD helps lock away doubles from enemies in all but the higher speed tiers. Plus it opens up huge possibilities for things like this.

Spoiler

eXFwzO2.png

It's also worth noting that I have a +SPD/-RES Bartre as well. But for +ATK, I only have the HP bane. So... what's the better choice here?

9 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@Ice Dragon @Astellius @LordFrigid @mampfoid @mcsilas @Alexmender @Landmaster @XRay @Hawk King

It's been a long time since I've asked for advice. I'll cut to the chase though, I'm going to supermerge my 10-11 Bartre copies and I'm trying to decide, +ATK/-HP or +SPD/-HP.

Hide contents

E4iQ21N.png

+ATK turns him into a hulking monstrosity able to nuke just about any blue armor and maybe even some greens. But...

Hide contents

82BOQzM.png

+SPD helps lock away doubles from enemies in all but the higher speed tiers. Plus it opens up huge possibilities for things like this.

Hide contents

eXFwzO2.png

It's also worth noting that I have a +SPD/-RES Bartre as well. But for +ATK, I only have the HP bane. So... what's the better choice here?

If it were up to me, personally, unless you plan to specifically use the crazy speedy spread, I'd probably go for the +Atk since I think he benefits more from keeping his bulk up (even though I'm usually not a fan of Fury over L&D). Though if you do want to go with the +Spd, I'd then go for -Res over -HP~

I'm probs gonna be giving the worst advice tho so ORZ

@Zeo I think for null-follow-up he is too slow.

My first idea would be to go with +ATK/-HP which is perfect for Desperation/Brash Assault because of double Fury. 

Also double Fury and Vantage could be an idea, just throw him into a bunch of armors and watch everyone die. 

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Hide contents

E4iQ21N.png

Hide contents

82BOQzM.png

Hide contents

eXFwzO2.png

I'd usually say to go with the +Spd because of that one time I got memed by one in arena (that beautiful dastard reached 50 Spd and Eirika couldn't double him) but at this point in time +Atk seems to be the better choice. Wary Fighter is becoming trending in all the PvP modes making Spd irrelevant for the most part so it's best to dump everything into Atk. That nature also opens the use of his Slaying Hammer to burst armors to pieces in one hit so he'll have a long use as an AA unit.

Then again, your Bartre is going to be the star of your last BHB clear which is coming soon so I'm going to say that you should go for the +Spd memes, which is fitting considering Bartre has been a meme since FEH released and watching a Bartre doubling a ton of people will be lots of fun. 

@Zeo While I only have an unmerged 4 star Bartre, I use +Atk/-HP and quickly slap HP+3 as his SS to fix it.

Either way, maybe +Atk is better, armours are pretty bulky and you want to kill them fast ASAP. Also Alexmender mentioned Wary Fighter (not to mention Ward stacking) which is a really good point, so the faster you kill them the better.