"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

So in the topic of merging I don't get something, what stats are raised with each merge. Not the new changes, I am talking about merging in general.

Also do refines carry across merges? E.x. I have two Catrias, one has a refined whitewing lance and is fully built and the other one was just promoted to 5* will merging the refined one to the new one give the new Catria except from the old ones skills her refined weapon too, or I should refine it on the new one?

Last, how can a 4* hero use his prf weapon? I recently began a 4*+10 project with Caeda and I am wondering can she use wing sword (and refine it) or she must be 5* only to use it(I think I had seen it on grand conquest)?

Which stat is raised with each merge depends on the unit's level one base stat. The first merge increases the highest and second highest stats, the second increases third and fourth highest stat, the third increases the lowest stat and back to the highest stat, and so on.

You can find more information on Merging here on Gamepedia.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a cap on the amount of Aether it costs to do Aether Raids? I can only do one raid today, because it costs over 90 Aether just to play a match.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is there a cap on the amount of Aether it costs to do Aether Raids? I can only do one raid today, because it costs over 90 Aether just to play a match.

I do not think there is. I think I heard some players spent more than 100 Aether per match.

I'm building Sharena to use her in the arena when I don't have any other bonus unit and to clear quests and I went with this budget set:

-Fensalir

-Fury 3

-Lancebreaker 3

-Drive def 2

Which special is more convenient to give her? Moonbow or Bonfire? And which refine should I choose? The Spd/Def bond effect or one that increases her spd or def?

6 hours ago, Yukiko said:

I'm building Sharena to use her in the arena when I don't have any other bonus unit and to clear quests and I went with this budget set:

-Fensalir

-Fury 3

-Lancebreaker 3

-Drive def 2

Which special is more convenient to give her? Moonbow or Bonfire? And which refine should I choose? The Spd/Def bond effect or one that increases her spd or def?

Moonbow as it activates at her second attack if the enemy was able to at least attack her once. Bond is decent with the upcoming Atk/Spd bond seal, but Atk/Def will do as well

4 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Moonbow as it activates at her second attack if the enemy was able to at least attack her once. Bond is decent with the upcoming Atk/Spd bond seal, but Atk/Def will do as well

Ok. I think I'll go with the bond effect then. Thank you for the advice!

Two things:

1: HK!Marth. I'm thinking about merging, but I want to figure out which is better between +HP/-Def and +Def/-HP. I'm leaning towards +HP because of the changes to merging coming soon.

2: Canas getting Mystic Boost. Change my mind. (aka anything people recommend in particular?) (btw, this is because I got an Eir and a spare)

16 minutes ago, Dayni said:

1: HK!Marth. I'm thinking about merging, but I want to figure out which is better between +HP/-Def and +Def/-HP. I'm leaning towards +HP because of the changes to merging coming soon.

If he is only a dragon counter and he does not really fight much physical units, I would go with +HP to make his magical bulk better.

However, if he needs to face physical units too in addition to dragons, I lean toward +Def since he does not really need his magical bulk as he got Firesweep Breaker against dragons.

21 minutes ago, Dayni said:

2: Canas getting Mystic Boost. Change my mind. (aka anything people recommend in particular?) (btw, this is because I got an Eir and a spare)

I would keep at least 2 or 3 Light Mythic Heroes for Aether Raids to help you climb to higher Tiers. I would at least hold on to both Eirs for now until you get a third Light Mythic Hero.

If you do not care about Aether Raids, then you can do whatever you want with the spare non-neutral Eir (I highly recommend saving the neutral one for copying strategy videos).

I am assuming Canas is a going to be a mage tank. [Owl [Res], Warding Stance/Mirror Stance, Mystic Boost, Quick Riposte] is fine, but I prefer to double down on more Atk/Res rather than including HP regeneration, since mage tanks rarely need to fight more than one or two rounds per map. If you need him to have sustainability, I personally prefer Renewal over Mystic Boost so Canas can heal himself out of combat when there is a lull in action for him.

In my opinion, Mystic Boost is best paired with ranged dragon counters like Julia, Deirdre, and Maiougi users. You can also pair it with Atk/Spd Push to heal up the recoil damage, but if the unit is eating counters left and right, Renewal is much better at keeping Atk/Spd Push up since it does not require combat to heal the unit back to full health.

1. Do merged heroes give their merges to an unmerged one? Ex. I have a +2 Catria that doesn't have the best natures and I pull another one that is better and I want to merge her instead, if I give the +2 one to the new one what will happen?

2. I pulled from the NY!Banner a +Atk -Def Sanaki and I want to make her a AOE special nuke. Her build is:

Spoiler

Cymbeline(special refine)

Harsh command (she will be attacking anyway so it doesn't matter)

Blazing wind

Fury

----

Spd Ploy (will replace it for Res when I get my hand on one)

Heavy blade

The B slot is empty cause the obvious choice is special spiral but it isn't very common and both units who have it are way too good to fodder (Ophelia and Lewyn). So what are some good B skills to use until I get special spiral (until the end of time)? Thought of vantage but I am not so sure. 

3. The next orb after Sanaki was a neutral elincia and I don't know how to use her as even enemy soldiers in the training tower killed her (in player phase, enemy phase isn't worth talking about). However, I have heard people praising her as a red flier goddess and it seems strange to me considering her performance. So what are some builds to make her more efficient and what can she offer that my Laegjarn or my Caeda can't?

Edited by SuperNova125

@SuperNova125

1. The resulting Catria will be +3. Also note that after you pick the "Enhance" and "Lose" allies through the Merge Allies screen, pressing "Next" will show you a preview page where you can review the merge level, stats, & skills of the resulting unit before Confirming the merge.

2. Quick correction: Ophelia doesn't actually come with Special Spiral, she just wants it really, really badly. Her natural B Passive is Chill Res (which, while hardly a budget option, is also a decent skill to run for an AoE build).

As for the question itself...there's really nothing that can properly replace Special Spiral. You might consider a Breaker, since she's pretty slow, and doubling something will help her get her first special online.

3. Elincia's offense-focused stat line makes her better at Firesweep than Laegjarn and Caeda. Her natural Amiti is also quite usable, but dangerous against enemies with Special-focused sets. I'm surprised that Training Tower enemies are giving her trouble, though.

So what are some good B skills to use until I get special spiral (until the end of time)? Thought of vantage but I am not so sure. 

As Lord Frigid says, Chill Res is good. You can get it from NY Laegjarn if you don't care about her lance. Vantage is an decent budget option that would allow her to finish off ranged units that she weakens with the splash damage.

So what are some builds to make her more efficient and what can she offer that my Laegjarn or my Caeda can't?

Elincia's niche is her personal Brave Sword with a lower speed penalty. She starts at 34 speed so with speed buffs she will be able to attack 4 times.

Amiti, Ardent Sacrifice - Flexible, Luna - Dragon Fang - Galeforce

Swift Sparrow - Life and Death - Brazen Atk/Spd - Darting Blow

Desperation - Guard - Chill Spd - Hit and Run

Joint Hone Spd - Spd Wave - Spd Smoke - Flexible

Gave Elincia Atk/Spd Brazen, desperation, flier skill (not yet) and Atk Res brazen (is currently at 2) and she is doing pretty well. Sanaki went with something different gave her moonbow and vantage and she became a mage tank/ranged killer in enemy phase and a quite good damage dealer in player phase. So, that's what they will be having for quite some time.

1.My free ticket got me a bownoka that is +Atk -spd so how can I build her?

2.Also if I get a fjorm, now that I got a hinoka should I keep her or fodder her to L!Lucina for her link skill to build her offensively (she currently has close counter Spd Res link and is +Def so I have her doing such things)?

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

1.My free ticket got me a bownoka that is +Atk -spd so how can I build her?

I would go with Brave Bow or Firesweep Bow. I personally recommend Firesweep Bow as she will get her -Spd fixed once you give her a merge in the future. Brave Bow excels in PvE content (where Distant Counter is rare and you need the high damage output to clear the map quickly to stem the tide of reinforcements) and lower score ranges of the Arena (where Distant Counter is more rare and enemies have less bulk). Firesweep Bow, in my opinion, is mandatory in higher score ranges of Arena for Player Phase ranged teams as Distant Counter is very common and the bulk on enemies is too high to safely kill in one round; it is also useful in Arena Assault as soft counter against all enemy units.

2.Also if I get a fjorm, now that I got a hinoka should I keep her or fodder her to L!Lucina for her link skill to build her offensively (she currently has close counter Spd Res link and is +Def so I have her doing such things)?

I recommend keeping NYOFAI!Fjorm as she can soft counter all units for Arena Assault.

vantage and she became a mage tank

I personally do not recommend Vantage on any unit unless they have crazy high Atk well in excess of 75 (Blade mages, Laevatein, etc.) or can simulate it in some way (Pain healers, WOT!Reinhardt, etc.). While Sanaki's Atk is high, it is not high enough to reliably kill things in one hit in my opinion. Sanaki can reach 64/65 Atk (+Atk, Cymbeline [Special][Active], Atk/Res Bond/Life and Death/Atk/Res Solo), which is well below the threshold to kill things in one shot (you can check effective magical HP here). I personally recommend Quick Riposte or a Breaker so she can double her opponent on Enemy Phase to guarantee a kill.

If you plan on sticking with Vantage, then I recommend at least dropping Heavy Blade for Brazen Atk/Res to push her up to 71/72 Atk. While it is still not enough to make effective use of Vantage in my opinion, it is enough to cover most unmerged enemies.

Edited by XRay

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would go with Brave Bow or Firesweep Bow. I personally recommend Firesweep Bow as she will get her -Spd fixed once you give her a merge in the future. Brave Bow excels in PvE content (where Distant Counter is rare and you need the high damage output to clear the map quickly to stem the tide of reinforcements) and lower score ranges of the Arena (where Distant Counter is more rare and enemies have less bulk). Firesweep Bow, in my opinion, is mandatory in higher score ranges of Arena for Player Phase ranged teams as Distant Counter is very common and the bulk on enemies is too high to safely kill in one round; it is also useful in Arena Assault as soft counter against all enemy units.

I recommend keeping NYOFAI!Fjorm as she can soft counter all units for Arena Assault.

I personally do not recommend Vantage on any unit unless they have crazy high Atk well in excess of 75 (Blade mages, Laevatein, etc.) or can simulate it in some way (Pain healers, WOT!Reinhardt, etc.). While Sanaki's Atk is high, it is not high enough to reliably kill things in one hit in my opinion. Sanaki can reach 64/65 Atk (+Atk, Cymbeline [Special][Active], Atk/Res Bond/Life and Death/Atk/Res Solo), which is well below the threshold to kill things in one shot (you can check effective magical HP here). I personally recommend Quick Riposte or a Breaker so she can double her opponent on Enemy Phase to guarantee a kill.

If you plan on sticking with Vantage, then I recommend at least dropping Heavy Blade for Brazen Atk/Res to push her up to 71/72 Atk. While it is still not enough to make effective use of Vantage in my opinion, it is enough to cover most unmerged enemies.

For now, as there are units that need investment with greater priority, I gave her her base kit with the atkspd bond from the TT as her B and C skills synergize well with bonds. 

I hadn't thought of Atk Res brazen and it actually is a pretty good option. Also her Atk can reach 75 as 54 is her normal Atk add a +3 from Fury +6 from Atk Tactic (she is run in a mixed team) +5 from Cymbeline +7(+5 currently) from brazen she does reach these numbers so I think Vantage is good on her.

I hadn't thought of Atk Res brazen and it actually is a pretty good option. Also her Atk can reach 75 as 54 is her normal Atk add a +3 from Fury +6 from Atk Tactic (she is run in a mixed team) +5 from Cymbeline +7(+5 currently) from brazen she does reach these numbers so I think Vantage is good on her.

40 +Atk
14 Cymbeline
5 Cymbeline [special]
3 Fury
7 Brazen Atk/Res
That is a total of 69 Atk. I generally do not include buffs because the enemy will also be running buffs, such as Drives, Tactics, and Waves which are easier to use in the AI's hands, and they generally cancel each other out. I make an exception for Blade mages and Laevatein, because they can boost their Atk to a much higher level than enemies can boost their Def/Res.

69 Atk should suffice for most enemies as long as they are not merged, but I would still be careful.

Edited by XRay

I was checking Effie's and Gwendy's spreads and I saw that both of them will fall on the same BST bin after the merge update. Gwendy has better defenses than Effie, but woud Effie be a good option of merge project for Arena? Is she able to run a support build for when she's not in the bonus lineup (she is there sometimes, right?)?

2 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

Thinking of buying the 2 new years bundles.

Anybody got some builds? not really looking to invest a lot into them cause dont really like the characters but i know they will be good.

NYOFAI!Laevatein
Kumade+ [Dazzling Staff] — Pain+ [Dazzling Staff] — Gravity+ [Dazzling Staff]
Rehabilitate+ — Restore+ — Physic+ — Recover+
Earthfire Balm+ — Heavenly Light — Imbue — Miracle
Attack +3
Wrathful Staff
Even Def Wave — Savage Blow — (Any C)
Savage Blow — Attack +3 — Atk/Spd

NYOFAI!Fjorm
Brave Bow
Reposition
Moonbow
Life and Death — Fury — Death Blow
Desperation — Chill Def
(Any C)
Atk/Spd

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

I was checking Effie's and Gwendy's spreads and I saw that both of them will fall on the same BST bin after the merge update. Gwendy has better defenses than Effie, but woud Effie be a good option of merge project for Arena?

In my opinion, Gwendolyn is better than Effie for regular Arena because Gwendolyn has lower Atk; Effie's high Atk might accidentally kill something that you want to feed to your bonus unit. For Arena Assault on Team 1, I would recommend Effie over Gwendolyn since are no stupid constraints on killing like in regular Arena, so you want your units to have higher killing power.

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

Is she able to run a support build for when she's not in the bonus lineup (she is there sometimes, right?)?

I would not count on any unit being a bonus unit for any practical frequency unless it is the Askr Trio and Fjorm. All units can run cheerleader builds, Effie is no exception.

Edited by XRay

23 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Would the Juicy Wave weapon be a good one for Valentine Lyn to use? The built-in Desperation seems like it'd be very handy, but I'm not 100% sure it's worth it over her native Blue Gift.

Yes, especially if she still has Atk/Spd Bond.

It depends on whether you need her to be offensive or defensive.

I got NY!Gunnthra today. She's minus speed but with her weapon she's 37 (which is one more than Elincia neutral). so basically i can't do anything cool with her (like quad etc,) but for the most part there's no point trying to fix that bane right?