"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Been contemplating this build for a bit.  I do have all the fodder on hand but as you could imagine it is extremely expensive.  For the most part, I'd hate to get rid of Tibarn.  But I'll do it if it's the best build available.  I'd like a lot of input before I do this so please advise.

index.png

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Youth said:

Been contemplating this build for a bit.  I do have all the fodder on hand but as you could imagine it is extremely expensive.  For the most part, I'd hate to get rid of Tibarn.  But I'll do it if it's the best build available.  I'd like a lot of input before I do this so please advise.

index.png

to be totally honest with you that looks amazing to me. 

(How are you able to make a mockup like that is there a website?)

3 hours ago, Othin said:

There was a datamined skill tag related to Aether Raids structures, right? What is it?

I do not recall reading datamine info about big changes to Aether Raids structures. The only info I remember reading on Gamepress about Aether Raids was about building limited time Ornaments.

Do you remember where you read about the info? I glanced at Reddit too but I have not found anything about Aether Raids structure when I skimmed it.

1 hour ago, Youth said:

I prefer the regular Life and Death-Desperation combo over Sturdy Impact-Chill Spd, but the latter does generally give more stats with Atk+1, Spd+2 against fastest enemy/Spd-5 against everyone else, and Def+10. It looks fine on the calculator, but I am a bit concerned about the lack of counterattack avoidance, although counterattack avoidance might not be necessary with Def+10.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

I prefer the regular Life and Death-Desperation combo over Sturdy Impact-Chill Spd, but the latter does generally give more stats with Atk+1, Spd+2 against fastest enemy/Spd-5 against everyone else, and Def+10. It looks fine on the calculator, but I am a bit concerned about the lack of counterattack avoidance, although counterattack avoidance might not be necessary with Def+10.

My main concern is with galeforce itself.  It does seem to be a bit of a meme these days.  If you don't have enough atk then you will either just do no damage at all or won't have enough for HB3.  If you have a lot of atk, well then you're going to OHKO mages when you want to attack twice to proc gale.  Then of course there's skills that disrupt gale like wary fighter and guard which are commonly used enough.  Then there's the matter of you not having a special to break through extremely high def users. 

But I don't know.  Currently I'm just using DB3, Desperation, Slaying Hammer and I feel like I could improve. 

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not recall reading datamine info about big changes to Aether Raids structures. The only info I remember reading on Gamepress about Aether Raids was about building limited time Ornaments.

Do you remember where you read about the info? I glanced at Reddit too but I have not found anything about Aether Raids structure when I skimmed it.

It was one of the December updates. People found effects programmed into the game with the functions of some skills from January updates like Nailah's B skill, the new refinements, and one that hasn't been seen yet but seemed to do something with Aether Raids structures.

I think it was mentioned both here and Reddit, but I don't remember exactly where.

Edited by Othin

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

From the link:

Spoiler

SAID_全体ダメージ_縦列攻撃設備破壊 (lit. "all damage - destroy offensive structures on column")
Deals ??? damage to all foes. Presumably also destroys structures within column(s) centered on unit, but I did not test that with my own Aether Keep. What better way to bait whales stimulate purchases than introducing Catapult + infinite-range Bolt Tower as a skill that is most likely exclusive to the next Mythic Hero who also happens to be scheduled for release in 3.1.0's timeframe?

Not sure what to think of that. Seems that should be  a catapult upgrade rather than a unit skill. Bolt Tower damage from a unit is powerful, and very weird if it only works in one mode...

Edit: added spoiler since presumably datamined

Edited by Tree

42 minutes ago, Youth said:

My main concern is with galeforce itself.  It does seem to be a bit of a meme these days.  If you don't have enough atk then you will either just do no damage at all or won't have enough for HB3.  If you have a lot of atk, well then you're going to OHKO mages when you want to attack twice to proc gale.  Then of course there's skills that disrupt gale like wary fighter and guard which are commonly used enough.  Then there's the matter of you not having a special to break through extremely high def users. 

But I don't know.  Currently I'm just using DB3, Desperation, Slaying Hammer and I feel like I could improve. 

Some players have used Galeforce to great effect in Aether Raids, although it does take a certain level of skill to use.

I am personally not a huge fan of Galeforce because it takes too much brain power to use, so I normally just stick with Firesweeping everything to death for Arena and Aether Raids, or Brave Bow and Blade tomes for everything else.

On 1/12/2019 at 4:47 PM, SuperNova125 said:

So I had this weird -Atk+Def Legendary F!Robin since I began this account (since the Hrid banner). Originally she was in the flier team but Eir and bownoka cover the colourless slot much better. However, after the release of beast I got interested in her. I got a Tibarn and Naesla will be invested into (also I am at 4.50 pity rate at the beast banner) and she obviously is a good teammate for them. So how can I build her to have a solid enemy phase, considering that most beasts are player phase? So far she only has her base kit.

That -atk is a little painful, but I personally run Dragonskin, Quick Riposte, and distant defense in her seal slot. It’s best at countering ranged units but that might be useful since it looks like you’re using her with two fliers that don’t have distant counter or Iote’s Shield. C-slot really depends on your preference though I don’t think I’d use her native res smoke with a primarily physical party.

Does Julius with loptous equiped count as a dragon for the purposes of  the beast transformation effect? I'd test myself, but I don't have a 5 star julius atm.

1 hour ago, sirmola said:

Does Julius with loptous equiped count as a dragon for the purposes of  the beast transformation effect? I'd test myself, but I don't have a 5 star julius atm.

Julius does not count as a dragon unit. Loptous does not grant dragon attribute. It only makes the unit vulnerable to dragon effective Weapons and inflicts Atk-6 on foe if they do not wield a dragon effective Weapon.

Edited by XRay

So I was planning to make Naesala a Galeforce unit until I realized he can't use Flashing Blade Seal... I already have several units competing for Heavy Blade so is there another way to make Galeforce work on him? If not, what would be a good and/or fun alternative build?

Also, what would be some nice units/builds using Flashing Blade?

1 hour ago, Sylphid said:

So I was planning to make Naesala a Galeforce unit until I realized he can't use Flashing Blade Seal... I already have several units competing for Heavy Blade so is there another way to make Galeforce work on him?

You can stack first-turn Special charging skills, like Quickened Pulse or Ostia's Pulse on him to get Galeforce on the first turn and then make sure to attack with all of his actions to keep activating it, but that's rather demanding.

If not, what would be a good and/or fun alternative build?

Being a flier with no weapon skill inheritance options is suffering in terms of fun builds.

You can run Naesala (Raven King Beak, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Desperation 3 / Hit and Run / Drag Back) and the C and S skills of your choice for the bread and butter build.

I've been putting it on Legendary Lucina to run Luna instead of Moonbow.

I think the best picks for units are the fast ranged infantry that don't run Litrblade and have inherent Spd bonuses, like Legendary Lucina, Legendary Lyn, Tailtiu, and Ishtar. It's also an option for Special Spiral Ophelia if you aren't worried about Vantage and need to get around enemies running Steady Stance 4 or Hack-o'-Lantern.

For melee infantry, it's good on fast units that aren't running instant-Special Wrath builds, like Raven with Desperation, Pavise, or Galeforce builds.

You are pretty much limited to infantry units.

Infantry archers can spam area of effect Specials in relative safety.
Firesweep Bow
Blazing Wind
Reposition — (Any Assist)
Life and Death
Special Spiral — (Any B)
Savage Blow — Def Smoke — (Any C)
Flashing Blade

Or trigger Moonbow during every round of combat:
Firesweep Bow
Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
(Any B)
Def Smoke — (Any C)
Flashing Blade

Lewyn and units with A Sketchy Summer Weapons can spam 4 cooldown Specials relatively safely as well:
Desperation Weapon
Dragon Fang — Glacies — Ignis — Area Specials
Special Spiral
Res Smoke — (Any C)
Flashing Blade

Magic nukes like Celica and Ishtar can also use it to trigger a Special during every round of combat:
Exclusive Weapon
Moonbow — Luna (If Weapon got Slaying effect.)
Desperation
Res Smoke — (Any C)
Flashing Blade

For fast melee units, Slaying-Moonbow-Flashing Blade guarantees Special activation during every round of combat, helping you kill units like Surtr a bit faster. Slaying-Galeforce-Flashing Blade is also an option for them, especially when paired with VS!Azura boosting their movement by 1.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can stack first-turn Special charging skills, like Quickened Pulse or Ostia's Pulse on him to get Galeforce on the first turn and then make sure to attack with all of his actions to keep activating it, but that's rather demanding.

Being a flier with no weapon skill inheritance options is suffering in terms of fun builds.

You can run Naesala (Raven King Beak, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Desperation 3 / Hit and Run / Drag Back) and the C and S skills of your choice for the bread and butter build.

Yeah that sounds somewhat too demanding for me...

Well that's a bummer, though it makes sense. Moonbow+Desperation set earlier when I realized Flashing Blade wouldn't work on him. I'll try shuffling around that Heavy Blade seal and see if L!Ephraim, Catria or Naesala likes it best I guess. I did give him standard And typing that out makes me realize that almost all my Galeforce units are blue. Brave Roy's the only different one.

Can't help thinking this wouldn't even be an issue if I could just change seals from the unit window, instead of having to go to Equip Seals menu.

Thanks for the pointers on Flashing Blade Ice Dragon and @XRay, I think I'll give it to either my Firesweep!B!Cordelia or Galeforce!Raven. That should be fun for infantry things! And later possibly Nailah if I decide to inherit Special Spiral on her.

EDIT: This feels like a dumb question, but Nailah is affected by Infantry Pulse, right?

Edited by Sylphid

With the upcoming changes to merges, I was thinking of maybe merging my good/not so good legendary robins(+atk/-spd & +def/-spd) to get rid of the bad banes. I'm planning to place her with Naesala and Tibarn and maybe Adult Tiki(or any future beast unit) in a team. I'm just wondering if Legendary Robin had any skills that are worth foddering off and which IV is better as the main one before I decide to merge. I'm torn between the two since +def will help her fight off archers(adult tiki might not be a permanent member of the team) while +atk is much appreciated for legendary robin.

Another question is who is a better dragon killer? Deirdre(+spd/-atk, +def/-hp) or Julia(+res/-hp, +res/-def)? 

Edited by ScarletSylph

2 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

With the upcoming changes to merges, I was thinking of maybe merging my good/not so good legendary robins(+atk/-spd & +def/-spd) to get rid of the bad banes. I'm planning to place her with Naesala and Tibarn and maybe Adult Tiki(or any future beast unit) in a team. I'm just wondering if Legendary Robin had any skills that are worth foddering off and which IV is better as the main one before I decide to merge. I'm torn between the two since +def will help her fight off archers(adult tiki might not be a permanent member of the team) while +atk is much appreciated for legendary robin.

Legendary Robin is like the definition of junk in terms of Skill Inheritance among more recent characters. Res Smoke is the only inheritable skill she has that isn't available from more readily available sources, and it's generally less useful than other Smoke skills.

As for Robin's asset, I'm personally partial to +Atk since I use her primarily as a single-use enemy deleter with no real attempt at sustain, but it depends on how you want to use her. For most builds (Quick Riposte, Desperation), +Atk will be more useful, but +Def gives her a better chance of having enough HP to go for more rounds of combat.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Legendary Robin is like the definition of junk in terms of Skill Inheritance among more recent characters. Res Smoke is the only inheritable skill she has that isn't available from more readily available sources, and it's generally less useful than other Smoke skills.

As for Robin's asset, I'm personally partial to +Atk since I use her primarily as a single-use enemy deleter with no real attempt at sustain, but it depends on how you want to use her. For most builds (Quick Riposte, Desperation), +Atk will be more useful, but +Def gives her a better chance of having enough HP to go for more rounds of combat.

Good to know that its safe to merge her then! I will go with +atk since that seems like a generally more useful IV.

Also another question, who is a better dragon killer? Deirdre(+spd/-atk, +def/-hp) or Julia(+res/-hp, +res/-def)? Or are Falchion users better? Planning to add one dragon killer in my team on AR for those times I encounter dragons. I don't have much problems with armor and horses since I've got Micaiah +4

42 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Also another question, who is a better dragon killer? Deirdre(+spd/-atk, +def/-hp) or Julia(+res/-hp, +res/-def)? Or are Falchion users better? Planning to add one dragon killer in my team on AR for those times I encounter dragons. I don't have much problems with armor and horses since I've got Micaiah +4

Deirdre is better if you don't need to fight on enemy phase or you have spare Close Counter fodder. Julia is better if you need to fight on enemy phase and don't care about non-dragon melee enemies (since both of them kind of straight up die to physical damage anyways). This assuming you refine their weapons.

As for the comparison against Falchion, the Falchions have a clear advantage against Fae, who otherwise shrugs off pretty much any magic user other than Festival Micaiah, but are at a disadvantage against Legendary Tiki and Nowi.

1 hour ago, ScarletSylph said:

I'm just wondering if Legendary Robin had any skills that are worth foddering off

Res Smoke is great for magic nukes to deal more damage when paired with Dancer/Singer support without the risk of activating enemies' Wings of Mercy, Vantage, etc. unlike Savage Blow.

If you plan to use FV!F!Robin, I would prioritize merging her to get rid of the Spd Flaw. If you do not see yourself using her often, then I recommend keeping one copy and foddering the other.

1 hour ago, ScarletSylph said:

which IV is better as the main one before I decide to merge. I'm torn between the two since +def will help her fight off archers(adult tiki might not be a permanent member of the team) while +atk is much appreciated for legendary robin.

I would go with +Atk. Tanking archers is not a good idea for most units.

The most common archers are Death Blow Brave Bow archers, quad-attacking Brave Bow archers, and Firesweep archers. In my opinion, FV!F!Robin is not really suited to tank any of them. I do not recommend using FV!F!Robin to tank any type of Brave Bow archers since they hit super hard; while she can tank them if you give her the proper skills, she is going to be less effective in tanking other enemies. While she can withstand a hit or two from Firesweep archers, I generally do not recommend it since she cannot fight back and it just gives the enemy archer free Special charges.

I'm building my laguz units and I was wondering... Is it worth to give desperation to Tibarn? I looked for some builds but none seems to recommend it... Is desperation worse or better than chill atk for him?

I also am not sure which A skill I should give to Leanne... Is fury a good option? I saw that fury is recommended so that she can use ploys but unfortunately my Leanne is -res so that's not a role she can fill... Should I give her fury regardless or is it better to keep mirror stance?